Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

blue-army wrote: »
    What's the story with Fabio Borini?

Seems he's been class for the reserves, but still appears to be frozen out of the first team. Is he definately off to Parma at the end of the season or what?

Frozen out because he won't sign a new contract.

Ridiculous if you ask me, I really rate the lad, would he not be more inclined to sign a contract if he played some games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That is some result against Blackpool reserves, I hear they have a very strong reserve team. About half of our team there are on the Youth team as well! We have an outstanding chance at Youth level to win it two times in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Well what ya can do.The lad doesnt wanna play for us he doesnt wanna play.Best of luck to him in the future and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The two gents Alex and Yossi are nearing their return. Link
    Lovely hurlin', imagine in the Premiership trying to choose between Bos, Ivan, Alex, Luiz, Terry, Cole (Ok so Cole is safe enough). What a defence no matter what the combination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

papagormo wrote: »
    Lovely hurlin', imagine in the Premiership trying to choose between Bos, Ivan, Alex, Luiz, Terry, Cole (Ok so Cole is safe enough). What a defence no matter what the combination

We really need alex back for the champions league in case ivan or jt get injured, we are a bit short there. Also I would prefer to see ivan go to right back, bosingwa worries me defensively.

I think we relly missed yossi, he is exactly the type of player we need, someone to link midfield with attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Best group of defenders in world football, fact.

Looks like torres might be rested for tomorrow night, drogba and anelka likely to start up front.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Looks like JT will be made his countries captain again , and Rio the big girls blouse is going to throw the toys out of the pram .

Sure what does he expect , injured every other week !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9424957.stm

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Sao Paulo confirm Lucas Piazon to Chelsea: here 12m euro. 6 now and 6 in the summer. Anyone know anything about him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Sao Paulo confirm Lucas Piazon to Chelsea: here 12m euro. 6 now and 6 in the summer. Anyone know anything about him?

He's the new Kaka (heard that before!)

Linky here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsY6FP47Oes&feature=player_embedded

and more from the suggestions on the right hand side

and

http://thechels.net/2011/03/piazon-set-for-chelsea-move/

• Advertisement

Dont know much about him except that he is highly rated. We seem to be trying to sign every brazilian youngster avaliable after the neymar fiasco last summer. Hopefully its true.

Found this and thought of you all!
    Zola being the usual football god that he is, and Flo actually looking like a striker!
    Pity the away goal killed us in the end

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/championsleague/news/-champions-league-frank-lampard-chelsea-interview-98467/

Looks like JT will be made his countries captain again , and Rio the big girls blouse is going to throw the toys out of the pram .

Sure what does he expect , injured every other week !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9424957.stm

Should get it anyway. He's been one of our best players this seasonand reminds me of the JT from about 3,4 years ago, some immense performances this season from JT.
    MUSEIST wrote: »
    Dont know much about him except that he is highly rated. We seem to be trying to sign every brazilian youngster avaliable after the neymar fiasco last summer. Hopefully its true.

Brazil, its just like watching Brazil. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

So whos gonna make the Match Thread ?? :D

superfrank wrote: »
    So whos gonna make the Match Thread ?? :D

Think you just put yourself forward ;)

Ye don't be so lazy :p

And make you put a nice big crest on it as well as a few Double winning pics. They always go down well! :D

I nominate anyone but me too make a match thread :p

come to think of it, we dont need one, im confident of us winning tonight, no need for discussion :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

gavredking wrote: »
    I nominate anyone but me too make a match thread :p

come to think of it, we dont need one, im confident of us winning tonight, no need for discussion :D

That's true - the game at the Bernabeu is likely to be much more interesting. (Unless you're a Chelsea fan of course)

I am going for 3-1 to chelsea tonight. Hopefully I am not punished for this optimism:D

• Advertisement

I'm going for a 6-0 win..
    Completely baseless prediction!:pac:

I'm going for a 6-0 win..
    Completely baseless prediction!:pac:

10-0 Everyone including Cech to score except Torres.

Oh and all goals to be mad deflections or off their backsides!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Team in:

Cech
    Terry
    Ivan
    Cole
    Bos
    Lamps
    Mikel
    Ramieres
    Zhirkov
    Anelka
    Drogba

Torres on bench

Not a bad team, is Josh on the bench? Hope he gets a run out. Great to see Yuri get a game, hope the rust has worn off him. Wonder about Torres being benched, Surely if EVER there was a game for Torres to score, this would have been it. (of course, thats been thought by a few of us for most of his games at this stage)

Benching Nano, yey or ney?

smuckers wrote: »
    Team in:

Cech
    Terry
    Ivan
    Cole
    Bos
    Lamps
    Mikel
    Ramieres
    Zhirkov
    Anelka
    Drogba

Torres on bench

Yeah, Sky are trying to make a big thing of Torres being "dropped".
    I reckon Drog and Anelka will finish the job nice and early for him to get on for at least 30 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Yep Josh is on bench along with Essien Kalou Ferreira Turnbull and Malouda.
    Think Torres is being saved for city game and its a straight toss up between Anelka and Drogs, whoever impressed tonight will start with him on sun

smuckers wrote: »
    Yep Josh is on bench along with Essien Kalou Ferreira Turnbull and Malouda.
    Think Torres is being saved for city game and its a straight toss up between Anelka and Drogs, whoever impressed tonight will start with him on sun

Plus it keeps them both happy.;)

Prefer the Anelka/Torres partnership to the Torres/Drogba partnership up front personally (guaranteed now Anelka will come off, on will go Torres and he and Drogba will play a blinder!)
    Not a bad subs bench!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Goals on that Bench!! Paddy Power 5/2 for sustitute to score. Euros on that one! - Hopefully Torres!

• Advertisement

2 great passes by Mikel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Torres on the bench ??

Prefer the Anelka/Torres partnership to the Torres/Drogba partnership up front personally (guaranteed now Anelka will come off, on will go Torres and he and Drogba will play a blinder!)
    Not a bad subs bench!:pac:

thats the difference between now and our "bad" moment. before we only had unproven kids on the bench, now we have proven quality, with people back from injury plus torres

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Torres on the bench and a very positive game so far from chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

ohhh that was close :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I wonder why Ashley cole still has a.cole on his jersey since Joe cole is gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Copenhagen fans making good noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Jim Beglin smug prick.

what a dire dire game

good bit of run up play there , but no biscuit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Torres to score next!?! 7 hrs without a goal is fast approaching.
    When he eventually scores - I'll have money on him as a scorer in the following match!

• Advertisement

drogba just will not pass to torres, prefers to get a corner

Perhaps it's time to start to worry about Torres ? he needs to get this mental block dealt with asap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

drogba just will not pass to torres, prefers to get a corner

Agree 100% Drogbas been really selfish since Anelka went off

jcf wrote: »
    Perhaps it's time to start to worry about Torres ? he needs to get this mental block dealt with asap!

He needs Drogs to stop hoggin the toys in the pram.

torres hasnt looked that bad when he's had the ball, looks sharper

Right job done, hopefully schalke in the next round

jcf wrote: »

More worried about drogba tbh, he has not scored in ages.

Still have faith that he will find his form (Torres) - but might be not till next season .:(

Anelka is more inclined to pass the ball - as he is scoring. Drogba on the other hand ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Agreed - thats the sharpest I've seen him since he's arrived.

Augurs well for the future but I agree with other poster that we wont really see the best of him until next season.
    torres hasnt looked that bad when he's had the ball, looks sharper

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement