Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Dunphy has us ear marked as the "danger" team in the draw.
    Have we really come that far along since our blip in form in all honesty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Well we should have got 5 or 6 but tired to do much in the final third, Nic is guilty of this despite him and Drogs combining well, Torres looked very sharp and Zhirkov was much improved.
    roll on City!

and bill o' heirliy is the biggest muppet of them all, thought he was going to bleat all night about why shouldn't the interviewer ask questions christ give me patience!

smuckers wrote: »
    and bill o' heirliy is the biggest muppet of them all, thought he was going to bleat all night about why shouldn't the interviewer ask questions christ give me patience!

yeah he shot himself in the foot as soon as the Fergie comparison was made, the trio poised the question that if Fergie rotates between Berbatov, Hernandez and Rooney he is merely rotating and know exactly what hes doing, but if Carlo rotates between Drogba, Anelka, and Torres he doesn't know what he is at.
    Double standards Bill.
    The cheek of that interviewer no more than a story, delighted Carlo didn't bother even trying to ask such stupid questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

That was a weird argument they had alright.

I thought zhirkov was really good tonight, very direct and created so many chances. I hope he starts ahead of malouda for the city game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

MUSEIST wrote: »
    That was a weird argument they had alright.

I thought zhirkov was really good tonight, very direct and created so many chances. I hope he starts ahead of malouda for the city game.

Zhirkov was rubbish tonight. Yes he had some chances but fecked them up every time. Malouda hasn't been playing well of late, but not sure he's worse than zhirkov

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Borini likely to go on loan to Swansea. Will he stay....will he go.....? I think it'd be a mistake to let him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Borini likely to go on loan to Swansea. Will he stay....will he go.....? I think it'd be a mistake to let him go.

confirmed loan deal ssn and BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

confirmed loan deal ssn and BBC.
    In fairness he's going to a club that plays good football so it should be a good move imo if he gets game time

• Advertisement

well he will be up against an inform Sinclair, so we will find out if he has the right stuff. look at katau, can't get a game at fulham

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Is that Dunphy/O'Heirly argument on the RTE player yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Alright lads?

Any of you know much of your former player Billy Knott?

He signed for Sunderland last summer. I've heard he joined us as he was kicked out of Chelsea for disciplinary reasons (he and McEachran were up to no good, McEachran heeded his warning, Knott didn't) and he has performed excellently in our reserves so far.

Really looks a good player and has been making our 1st team bench too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

will find out in a few minutes but im hoping for a Schalke or Shaktar draw!!

and heres hoping spurs get Barca!!

tho if we get them or madrid it'l make for some brilliant match-ups, have to say tho i do hope we avoid jose this year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea v Man Utd Champions League QF. :D

Cant F'ing wait.

Edit : Winner of Chelsea v Man Utd plays Inter/Schalke

A possible Mardid v Barca semi final.

Reckon we'll take them they have problems at the back so first leg will be key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

absolutely, will have to have an advantage going into that 2nd leg away!!
    cant wait, not the draw I wanted but what a match-up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Im delighted with it TBH.

The way I look at it, we have had the beating of United over the last 2/3 seasons the majority of the time and the winner of this game gets a potential easire game then the teams in the other side of the draw.

Bring on the Mancs, we can look forward to SAF giving out about his usual " bad luck " and bad decisions against Chelsea before this game.

Bring it. :pac:

my jaysus this could be some season yet, COME ON THE BLUES!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Phew, glad we avoided the big teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Essien wrote: »

633745193338706810_irony_Irony_at_its_best-s580x434-31684.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Vidic and Rafael will be back. Evra Smalling Vidic Rafael is not a bad back line.

Chelsea have serious problems up front, all strikers are in poor form. Utd's attack is looking good with Hernandez on fire, Rooney back in form, added to Valencia and Nani.

Midfield could be problematic for us but Fletcher, Park and Anderson will be back.

Second leg at Old Trafford, big advantage.

Make no mistake, this will be very close and which ever side gets that bit of luck will go through.

Should I have thrown in a smiley face or even a picture of a fishing rod to illustrate the obviousness of the tongue in cheek nature of my post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Big teams as in the current PL leaders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Confidence is high in here I see!!
    As a Utd fan, I can't say I'm thrilled with this draw. Whoever wins this tie will have a great shot at winning the CL outright. The semi-final will arguably be an easier tie than the QF.

Both teams will have no fear of the other. Should be an interesting tie, but nervewracking all the same.

I really wanted Chelsea to draw Barca, because I think Chelsea would have been Barca's toughest opponents. Not to be, however.

#15 wrote: »
    Confidence is high in here I see!!

We do that to counteract the_monkey, it keeps the universe balanced
    As a Utd fan, I can't say I'm thrilled with this draw. Whoever wins this tie will have a great shot at winning the CL outright. The semi-final will arguably be an easier tie than the QF.

Both teams will have no fear of the other. Should be an interesting tie, but nervewracking all the same.

I really wanted Chelsea to draw Barca, because I think Chelsea would have been Barca's toughest opponents. Not to be, however.

I'm not exactly over the moon with the draw myself tbh, for me, United and Barca were the 2 toughest prospects, despite our good results over United in recent seasons.

This tie is gonna be massive one way or another, either United put the final nail in the coffin of our season or we make a massive statement and head into the end of the season on a massive high.

I must be the only person who prefers a home leg first. These ties tend to open up more in the latter stages of the second legs, if lots of goals are gonna be scored by both teams I much prefer to be the away side.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Last Day of the Ballot on Uefa.com for those of you - like me, who are delighted with that draw! :)

Last Day of the Ballot on Uefa.com for those of you - like me, who are delighted with that draw! :)

I was looking at that too. Do you know if the second ticket is transferable? It says that they check the IDs of all ticketholders at the entrance to the game - I don't know what to do about the name on the second application...

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

I was looking at that too. Do you know if the second ticket is transferable? It says that they check the IDs of all ticketholders at the entrance to the game - I don't know what to do about the name on the second application...
    I dont know about any of that - just the 1st one needed passport number - the 2nd one didn't. I honestly dont think they're going to be able to check 90,000 people in that much detail. I'd chance it!

We do that to counteract the_monkey, it keeps the universe balanced

In fairness, it's somewhat justified as Chelsea's results have been quite good against Utd in recent years.
    I'm not exactly over the moon with the draw myself tbh, for me, United and Barca were the 2 toughest prospects, despite our good results over United in recent seasons.

This tie is gonna be massive one way or another, either United put the final nail in the coffin of our season or we make a massive statement and head into the end of the season on a massive high.

I must be the only person who prefers a home leg first. These ties tend to open up more in the latter stages of the second legs, if lots of goals are gonna be scored by both teams I much prefer to be the away side.

Good point about the second leg. I think I prefer Utd at home in the second leg - they can get a result against anyone at OT.
    Although Chelsea have a great record up there. At the minute I'd have Chelsea as slight favourites to go through.

Interesting draw, will be epic, 50/50 toss up between the sides, nothing between them imo. Both sets of fans will be confident.

We will have yossi and alex back as well as hopefull more time for torres to get settled and drogba to find form. Cannot bloody wait.;):D

• Advertisement

Any idea when tickets go on sale? I shall be making my way over if I can get my hands on one. Anyone else thinking of going over?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Any idea when tickets go on sale? I shall be making my way over if I can get my hands on one. Anyone else thinking of going over?

Any idea how'd Id get my hands on tickets??? Wouldn't have near enough loyalty points myself! Anyone not using their loyalty points?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

I think we should get past united, would have preferred the 2nd tie to be at home though.

Will be strange playing them and away goals will count.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I expect it to be 60 V 40 on favour of Chelsea. Evra og at SB and Terry to score the winner at OT - I'll be happy with that!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Booked my flight on Air Finglas tonight , 84 bills you cant go wrong with that !!!

Looking Forward to tomorrow...We really owe City 1 for the last 3 times they Met. I wouldn't be surprised If they revert to their usual Negative Tactics and Play for a Draw...Hell they played for Draw at Home & were lucky to hit us on the counter!

I'd Be pleasantly surprised if Torres Scores...He looked Sharp last Wednesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Borini just scored!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Fingers crossed Sturrdige wil join in.

Borini again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

If we win tomorrow we are still in with a shout although I think United will still have enough in the end to win it.

Ah crap- everything was looking good for so long. At least afc and thfc dropped points.
    Need to win tmw to keep things going

Kakuta coming on with 20 min left

Well at least spurs only drew. If we can keep tevez quiet tomorrow then we have a chance, he seems to like scoring against us lately. I think city will park the bus and hope to counter attack unfortunately:mad:

JT back as permanent captain of England!
    I reckon it'll be a huge boost for us.

*awaits outraged do gooders*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

JT back as permanent captain of England!
    I reckon it'll be a huge boost for us.

*awaits outraged do gooders*

Yeah there already having there say:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056213623

• Advertisement

any rumours of the line up today lads?
    Will the Anelka Torres partnership be given another go? I'd hope so. Wouldn't mind seeing Yuri being given another start either.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭estadio

I would like Torres to start today. There is little hope in us securing the league and top 4 is kind of safe now. I want Torres to have big game experience before facing man utd in the champions league.

papagormo wrote: »
    any rumours of the line up today lads?
    Will the Anelka Torres partnership be given another go? I'd hope so. Wouldn't mind seeing Yuri being given another start either.

Expect to see Torres, Essien and Malouda start as they were "rested"

Expect to see Torres, Essien and Malouda start as they were "rested"

Malouda better get off his hole so for this game. Hes gotten so bulked up he can hardly run at this stage! Yuri on the other hand is zippy down the wing.
    Kalou will hardly get a run out?!

papagormo wrote: »
    Malouda better get off his hole so for this game. Hes gotten so bulked up he can hardly run at this stage! Yuri on the other hand is zippy down the wing.
    Kalou will hardly get a run out?!

Yuri will be Malouda's Replacement, especially with the fact we are playing 4-4-2. Malouda is gone back to his old self as only 4-3-3 suits him IMO.

Zuri was good and creative on Wednesday..I'm sure with a run of games he will become a regular starter. I though Anekla & Drogba had a good understanding on Wednesday but Torres will start.

Also Torres is 27 today, Hopefully he's in the mood!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement