Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

papagormo wrote: »
    Heard this story this morning, him working with Carlo possibility?
    Would be intersting, then bring back Wilkins and sure Clarkey aswell and we will have the dream team at the helm.
    Hands off Clarke:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

That Clarke dosen't half move around jobs.

Chelsea to West Ham to Liverpool to ????

In the space of a couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That Clarke dosen't half move around jobs.

Chelsea to West Ham to Liverpool to ????

In the space of a couple of years.

Sure tis walking distance!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Heard this story this morning, him working with Carlo possibility?
    Would be intersting, then bring back Wilkins and sure Clarkey aswell and we will have the dream team at the helm.

Hhmmmm. Interesting indeed. Im not sure what to make of it TBH. On one hand I dont want him back, not in the capacity that is being mentioned and on the other hand I'd like to see what he could acheive with us if he was given the managers job full time.

He was unlucky not to bring us to a second succesive CL final.

I think we shoudl keep Carlo though and leave Hiddink out of this. Bringing him in for Arnesen's role could make Carlo feel under pressure that Guus could take his job anytime and we dont need that.

So IMO its either stick with Carlo or hire Guus as manager and nothing else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Just saw MOTD 2 there, and again what a defender Luiz is, jesus the amount of interceptions he made - it's a pity we don't have him for this years CL.

I wouldn't fear Messi with David Luiz 4 in defence!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

57 Loyalty points to get a ticket tomorrow, im on 45 , so hopefully il be in with a shout on Saturday :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Arnesen bringing 5 Chelsea staff with him to Hamburg. Discusses possible links between clubs. Also Sturridge scored for England tonight

Lucas Paizon to Chelsea....confirmed :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

41 points to get a ticket in the morning to see the mighty blue against the mighty blues !

Ive got me 45, that 20 odd pound I spent on the MK Zilna ticket for the 5 points in now invaluable !!!

Cant bleeding wait , Il have to set the alarm clock for 6.30 am ,

Great new youth addition to the squad , very brazilian feel about us these days :)

LEAKED-chelsea-1112-home.jpg

Not sure if there is any truth in it , but this came from the shed

http://soccerlens.com/shirts/chelsea-20112012-home-shirt/8402/

• Advertisement

A trio of him, Josh and Ramires in the coming years...not badd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

LEAKED-chelsea-1112-home.jpg

Not sure if there is any truth in it , but this came from the shed

http://soccerlens.com/shirts/chelsea-20112012-home-shirt/8402/
    They won't have even decided on the shirt yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

They won't have even decided on the shirt yet.

i thought this years jersey was for two seasons?? i quite like the look of that one tho!!

not sure what to make of the brazilian kid, 5 million for someone so young and without having played in the first team, bit risky no?

LanceStorm wrote: »
    i thought this years jersey was for two seasons?? i quite like the look of that one tho!!

not sure what to make of the brazilian kid, 5 million for someone so young and without having played in the first team, bit risky no?

I think its actually closer to 12m, half up front and half when he joins in Jan 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I think its actually closer to 12m, half up front and half when he joins in Jan 2012

Its a risk alright, but apparently he is the next kaka. Hopefully he settles in with all our other brazilians.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

A scout thats on Twitter has being tweeting about our latest signing:D
    karlsentk Tor-Kristian Karlsen
    had pleasure of watching new chelsea recruit lucas piazon at the u17 sudamericano in ecuador. great player but talk of "new kaka" nonsense
    the kaka thing probably originates from physical resemblance (face) than playing style, lucas is (currently) an all round forward
    might eventually end up as a cfwd, right now (early development) he likes to roam. powerful, intelligent, excellent technique, movement
    cultured, quality in everything he does (passing, finishing, link-up play, decisions) - potential unquestionable

Also seen that Loyalty Points are down to 23 Loyalty Points for the Man Utd Game. Any Chance anyone on here has spare membership with the points?

Thinking of Heading Over:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

superfrank wrote: »
    A scout thats on Twitter has being tweeting about our latest signing:D

Also seen that Loyalty Points are down to 23 Loyalty Points for the Man Utd Game. Any Chance anyone on here has spare membership with the points?

Thinking of Heading Over:D

I got my ticket this morning , cant wait for the game now !

I got my ticket this morning , cant wait for the game now !

I'd say so..atmosphere will be unbelievable!!

If you can't get enough our Brazilian Crew..Ramires is starting for Brazil Vs Scotland live on UTV. Luiz is on the Bench :O ..Coach is prob just experimenting!!

Also Connor Clifford should be starting for Notts County on Sky Sports 1 @ 4pm :D

• Advertisement

If anyone seen the Brazil v Scotland game Ramires had a good game, went on a great run early in the second half that showed has turn of pace and control and overall his passing and breaking up of play was very good.

On another note Neymar was exceptional for Brazil, I know it was a friendly and all but that kid is going to be special, wish we had got him now TBH. :(

Ryan Bertrand captains an England Under-21 team featuring Jack Cork and Josh McEachan against Iceland at Preston tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Is that game on TV?

Johner wrote: »
    Is that game on TV?

Not sure watching it on http://www.liveonlinefooty.com/

Thats great news about Neymar if its a genuine claim from the young lad. There will be huge interest from all of Europe when he decides he wants to leave Brazil though.

gavredking wrote: »
    Thats great news about Neymar if its a genuine claim from the young lad. There will be huge interest from all of Europe when he decides he wants to leave Brazil though.

I think the fact that we have luiz, ramires, alex and piazon will convince neymar to come to the bridge but your right, everyone will be after him.

the brazilians have all seemed to turn out quite well for us so far!!

hopefully he does end up coming in, Torres/Neymar/Sturridge/Kalou, I could live with that!!

FINAL FIXTURES MOVED
    Posted on: Mon 28 Mar 2011

The Premier League has announced two more Chelsea games will be moved for live television coverage.

Our trip to Manchester United will now take place on Sunday, May 8 with a 4.10pm kick-off, taking place a day later than originally scheduled.

Then, the penultimate league game of the campaign, at home to Newcastle United, will now be on Sunday, May 15 with a 1.30pm kick-off.

Both games will be screened live on Sky Sports.

• Advertisement

LUIZ & LAMPS UP FOR PLAYER OF THE MONTH
    Posted on: Mon 28 Mar 2011

David Luiz and Frank Lampard have both been shortlisted for the ESPN PFA Fans' Premier League Player of the Month Award.

The Chelsea stars have been selected among 10 top-flight footballers all up for the award and now it's time for fans to vote for the player they feel has achieved the most this month.

David Luiz has already won a place among the fans' hearts at Stamford Bridge after joining the Blues from Benfica.

Since arriving in January, the Brazilian defender has twice found the net, scoring his maiden Chelsea goal against Manchester United before netting his second against Manchester City.

Meanwhile, Lampard has been proving his capabilities in midfield. After injury kept him sidelined for much of the first half of the season, our number 8 has since returned to his best form in recent weeks.

Our vice-captain scored the winning goal against Manchester United, as well as a brace against Blackpool, and his presence back in the side cannot be underestimated.

Fans have until Thursday 31 March to vote, so click PFA Fans' Player of the Month and cast your vote now.

Below is the full list of players shortlisted for the award in alphabetical order:

Damien Duff (Fulham)
    David Luiz (Chelsea)
    Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool)
    Frank Lampard (Chelsea)
    Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)
    Javier Hernandez (Manchester United)
    Luis Suarez (Liverpool)
    Micah Richards (Man City)
    Scott Parker (West Ham)
    Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

Its between Luiz and Suarez for me anyway, Lamps gets a mention though, we missed him so much during his time out injured.

That Man Utd game cant come fast enough, after we knock them out of the CL ;) they will want revenge and try beat us before we play our CL final later that month :D

gwan Luiz or the Duffer

Prepare to grin upon reading this.
    or this.
    We may have some serious Brazil flare roaring through the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Love to see em at the Bridge but I feel we need a proper right winger. Alexei Sanchez should be target #1 in the summer.

Benayoun played 20 minutes tonight for Israel, maybe on the bench for Saturday.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Benayoun played 20 minutes tonight for Israel, maybe on the bench for Saturday.

beat me to it!
    just about to link "Yoss whos back?"
    (I was trying to be original and whatnot.)
    great time to have an experienced head coming back into the Chelsea squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

V9 wrote: »
    Love to see em at the Bridge but I feel we need a proper right winger. Alexei Sanchez should be target #1 in the summer.

Agree totally on this .... but word tonight is that Man City have agreed a deal for 25m!!! Hope this is wrong - esp if we were willing to pay 30m in January!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

beat me to it!
    just about to link "Yoss whos back?"
    (I was trying to be original and whatnot.)
    great time to have an experienced head coming back into the Chelsea squad.

indeed and a 'unlocker of doors' - we've lacked this season.

Great times ahead really. Yossi back, 3 huge games against Man Utd that could make or ruin or season, transfer talk and being linked with some really exciting young talent.

Cant wait for the finish to this season and the build up to next year.

Really bad news for the Youth team, Billy Clifford had surgery today on his knee and will be out for 6 weeks, huge blow as he's been our youth teams best player by a good bit imo. :(

• Advertisement

Thursday Interview with Nicolas Anelka from Chelseafc.com

Nicolas Anelka's career has been anything but ordinary.
    From his explosive burst onto the scene with Arsenal through his turbulent times with Real Madrid and Paris St-Germain to the consistency of life with Manchester City, Fenerbahçe and Bolton, ending up with one last big move to the Bridge, it has been a rollercoaster ride across Europe's footballing landscape.

Anelka's withdrawal from the international scene following France's World Cup nightmare in South Africa has allowed some contemplation over the last fortnight, as he gears up for another tilt at success both here and in continental competition.

'I don't miss it, I am glad to be out of it,' he says as he ponders the international question. 'Of course it can help to not play, you play less games so it is perfect to be off and to think about something else for one or two weeks then come back fresh to the club.

'You get some family life, go to Paris, wherever you want with your family, it is perfect, but I used to be like this when I played for City and in the beginning at Bolton, so I know this situation and I like it. I really don't think about the national team or playing games.'

At 32, the forward knows he is in the later stages of his footballing life, admitting he has little interest in staying in the game when he eventually chooses to retire, but not yet planning his next move too seriously. Time is running out to add to his already impressive medal collection.

Since winning the league and FA Cup as a 19-year-old, Anelka has won domestic honours in Turkey with Fenerbahçe and here at Chelsea, when he and Ashley Cole became the first players to win a Double with two sides. He also lifted the European Cup with Real Madrid in 2000 and was a part of the France squad that won the European Championship a month later.

Having started in the Final, and scored twice in the semi, it would be understandable to assume that Champions League success stands out as the highlight of his career, but Anelka dismisses the suggestion.

'It was good to win, but my best achievement in football? I don't think so, because it means I didn't do anything after it,' he argues. 'I don't think like, this was the best, or that was the best. I enjoy everything, you have to enjoy your life, it is not always nice, so why pick one moment?'
    A wider examination of Anelka's time in Spain may explain his outlook. A then club record transfer to Real soon went sour as he struggled to fit in with the culture of the club and country. He played just 19 league games, scoring only twice. Might it have been different had the player felt more comfortable?

'When you come from England, the way you approach the game and where you are in your life is the total opposite to in Spain,' he explains. 'I didn't know that, of course it was difficult for me because I wanted to have a simple life and be able to walk on the street like everybody else, but I couldn't do it in Madrid like I can in London.

'This was the most difficult part for me, I didn't want to go there like a big star, of course on the pitch, but outside I wanted to be normal like everybody else. My target was not to be in the paper everyday like a Galactico, and they wanted me to be like this, so it was a problem.
    'In the newspaper it said where I was going, going out, shopping, someone following you saying what you are buying. It was strange for me and I didn't want to lead this kind of life.

'It was a difficult year on the pitch because it was difficult outside, I couldn't be how I wanted, so when I am not well outside I am not well on the pitch.

'Also, it was difficult to feel a part of the squad. First of all I couldn't speak Spanish, this is not an excuse, but the mentality was so alien to England, that's why I only stayed one year because I knew it was not for me, but even though it was difficult, the end was a good moment because we won the Champions League and I scored in the semi-finals, but it was a difficult year.'

Thankfully, London life suits Anelka, and in his three years at Chelsea he has gradually become a part of the furniture, last summer signing a contract extension to keep him here until the end of next season at least.

That gives at least two more opportunities to win the Champions League in sweeter circumstances. Of course Anelka almost lifted the trophy again in 2008, but Edwin van der Sar crucially saved his spot kick in Moscow, awarding victory to Manchester United. Now he has the opportunity to get his own back when we meet in the quarter-finals next week.

Footballers rarely speak of revenge, and Anelka is no different, but having overcome United at the beginning of the month, surely we can be confident of success over two legs, at which point Inter or Schalke would be between us and a Wembley final.

'We know them but I don't think it's a good draw because they are a good team and difficult to beat with a lot of quality players,' he pointed out. 'But, if you want to win the Champions League you have to beat good teams.

'These two games with Manchester United will feel like Premier League games, we have already played them in so many games so these will be the same, and we will just have to see what happens.'

With Anelka, it is often best to expect the unexpected, but if he can help us navigate our way into the last four, there is no reason why he should not dream of a more fulfilling Champions League Final.

Part two to follow tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Read there this morning that Neymar is going to snub Chelsea and instead stay at Santos this summer.

I also read he is gonna snub Chelsea and go to Barcelona.

Gotta love dirt sheet rumours.

Ya gotta love the rag's and the stories. I'd love Neymar, after watching some of his stuff on youtube and recent under age tournaments with Brazil and Scotland game, I think he will be some player.

Very lively and willing to go and make things happen, wherever he goes he will be a star. Hopefully he doesnt go the way of Robihno and Ronaldihno, what I'm getting at is that his spark and interest and the game goes by the way side, I wouldnt question the ability of the players above.

Luiz, Alex, Ramires, Neymar could all be ours and they should all be invovled for Brazil at the 2014 WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

If he only scores one goal this season, let it be the one that wins us the Champions League, I would love it, love it, if he did that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

gavredking wrote: »
    Anything that helps him score would be worth trying IMO. :D

Gotta love April 1st :cool:
    He's too good a player imo not to score soon.
    I tend to agree with others who posted before implying we'll see a different animal next season with Torres.
    As long as Chelsea are winning its not really a problem

If he only scores one goal this season, let it be the one that wins us the Champions League, I would love it, love it, if he did that!!!!

haha if i remember correctly thats what I used to say about Sheva... never quite happened!

Torres will score against United in the CL. I had a dream.........not in the Martin Lurther King way though. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2328971,00.html

Carlo - Barclay's Manager of the Month
    Luiz - Barclay's Player of the Month

:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement