Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Delighted for luiz and carlo, they both deserve it imo.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Nice article on Lamps as he approaches his 500th Chelsea appearance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1372474/Lampard--The-making-legend.html?ITO=1490

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Lukker- wrote: »
    Nice article on Lamps as he approaches his 500th Chelsea appearance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1372474/Lampard--The-making-legend.html?ITO=1490

Ya bet me to it..Some Legend!!! is he hitting the 500th game tomorrow?

Like this part
    And the most exciting moment?

The wonder goal against Bayern Munich in the Champions League when he controlled the ball on his chest and turned to volley an unstoppable shot, leaving Frank Snr to say: 'I had to look twice to make sure it went in.'

The worst moment: Not the preposterously disallowed goal in the 2010 World Cup against Germany, but losing the 2008 Champions League final in Moscow to Manchester United in a shoot-out, despite young Frank scoring the equaliser and one of the penalties.

The most uplifting moment, repeated every match day at Stamford Bridge: The unconditional adoration of the Chelsea fans, in contrast to both the lack of appreciation at West Ham and that period of jeering by England followers.

The most poignant moment: Raising his arms to the heavens, tears running down his cheeks, as he devoted his 2008 Champions League goal against Liverpool to his mother Pat, who had died tragically and inexplicably from pneumonia, aged 58, barely a fortnight earlier.
    So what makes Frankie keep running? 'Something he grew up with which is even more relevant in this media age,' says his father. 'He knows that with all this attention you are only ever as good or bad as your last game. So every time he goes out he tries to play the best match of his life.'
    As he reaches another milestone, will his underachieving contemporaries please take note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

superfrank wrote: »
    Ya bet me to it..Some Legend!!! is he hitting the 500th game tomorrow?

Like this part

Wednesday against United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

torres on the bench with anelka and drogs up front...wish he wouldve given zhirkov the nod instead of malouda for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

First half I thought we played well, Ramires was great.

Second half we started brightly but when Ramires and Anelka went off we were shocking and we were lucky to get a draw in the end.

Ramires should never been taken off. Torres for Anelka was to be expected and there's no problem with that one but the other sub should have been on the left. Zhirkov for Malouda and not Kalou for Ramires. Kalou touched the ball about three times and did nothing with it, how Malouda wasn't brought off I'll never know he was shocking. Luiz and Terry were shaky at times, Bosingwa was good bursting forward but his crossing was poor. Cole,Essien and Lampard were average, Drogba had a good first half but poor enough second. Anelka was quiet. Cech was outstanding bar one or two shaky moments.

Lucky to get a point in the end, slim slim title hopes gone after that, for the love of god Zhirkov for Malouda on Tuesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Johner wrote: »

Lucky to get a point in the end, slim slim title hopes gone after that, for the love of god Zhirkov for Malouda on Tuesday!

Given Malouda's current and recent form, change Tuesday to the rest of the season!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I think today showed that Ramires has to be a definite starter in the midfield. No energy or urgency when he went off.

I agree zhirkov ahead of malouda for me. I would go with torres and anelka up front aswell and of course ramires lamps and essien in midfield. Ivan will come back in for luiz for the utd game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

We're playing on Wednesday, not Tuesday lads!

I thought Drogs was very good in the first half and unlucky not to score in the second. Carlo confirmed he will start against Utd.
    BluesChronicle Dan Levene
    Unbelievable post match scenes as a Chelsea fan criticises Drogba, and Didier has a go at him:http://yfrog.com/z/h2exdguj

Always gonna have 1 Idiot :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

I thought Drogs was very good in the first half and unlucky not to score in the second. Carlo confirmed he will start against Utd.

Always gonna have 1 Idiot :rolleyes:
    Personally, Think he looked much sharper - certainly with his shooting. Ramieres was doing great as well til Carlo pulled him off for some reason.
    Still got high hopes for Wednesday night. KTBFFH!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Didn't see the games - was out all day yesterday and thank god!!!

I didn't know united were 2-0 down either - I would have gone ballistic !!!

Anyway how was Torres and Luis ??

jcf wrote: »
    Didn't see the games - was out all day yesterday and thank god!!!

I didn't know united were 2-0 down either - I would have gone ballistic !!!

Anyway how was Torres and Luis ??
    Luiz had his first bad game for chelsea...cost us the first goal!!!

Luiz had his first bad game for chelsea...cost us the first goal!!!

Wow ... glad i missed it then.

Anyway as long as we win on Wednesday ;)

-edit is the RTE highlights programme with Bill, Eamon,Johnny giles and co. available on RTE player ?

• Advertisement

Kakuta's loan at Fulham is turning out to be pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Maybe he just isn't what he was cracked up to be. His game involves beating the full back quite a bit so the step up in class to the Prem might just be a bit much, hopefully he comes good though.

Right now, I've a heap more faith in Josh, he has the fundamentals spot on, control, vision and pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Saw this earlier. Didn't see the game. Did he get a card for it ? Looks like a typical off the floor Essien tackle. Strange how it hasn't received any attention.

gyhqdxdgj

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Saw this earlier. Didn't see the game. Did he get a card for it ? Looks like a typical off the floor Essien tackle. Strange how it hasn't received any attention.

y3mo.gif

No.

gyhqdxdgj

Its mad isn't it.

Seriously though, I'm becoming more and more convinced that these tackles are acted upon based on how the opposition player reacts.

If a player stands his ground and has his leg broken there's uproar, If a player pulls out and allows the tackler to win the ball its a non event.

In this case, if Pennants leg is planted and is maybe 2-3 inches further forward, his leg would be shattered, but because this isn't the case nobody takes any notice of the fact that its a very reckless challenge.

• Advertisement

gyhqdxdgj

Also, remind me to go into the United super-thread and just swap "Essien" for "Rafael" next time he gets away with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Essien wrote: »
    Also, remind me to go into the United super-thread and just swap "Essien" for "Rafael" next time he gets away with one.

fair point, will do. :)

when its your team, its full blooded, will to win stuff. When its the other team, he is just a dirty bollix.

fair point, will do. :)

when its your team, its full blooded, will to win stuff. When its the other team, he is just a dirty bollix.

I'm fully aware that Essien (both of us :D) can be a dirty cunt from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Number Nine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Should have sent him to Bolton

Seems there is no body to this article
    But I am on an iPhone.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

jcf wrote: »
    Seems there is no body to this article
    But I am on an iPhone.....

Drogba was very Calm there , non event , walked over to the crowd and told the Fan to come down, looked more disappointed with something that had been said than angry as the story would have you believe .

On to more pressing matters, cant bloody wait for tomorrow night , any one else heading over for the game .

I really hope Malouda does not play .

Has to be Yuri all the way

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Here is what was said over on the shed about that non event
    I was sitting fairly near to that (with Focus), and its clear that Drogs just

wanted to connect with the fans again by showing us lot that at least he cares enough to give someone a chance to have his say and be seen by everyone to at least be showing some passion. He was big enough to want to give someone a platform to have his say in the knowledge that in doing so in front of everyone he'd turn a potentially unhappy fan into someone that would shake his hand at the end and probably have his shirt. Christ give me that passion any day rather than Anelka's casual afternoon stroll across the pitch coming off when he should be looking to give the team all the time they could find in going for the win!

Anyone been charged for CL final tickets from Ballot thingy? Seems that some people have - even before email notification (due tomorrow!) - but no sign on my card.
    Lucky bastards!! - see how confident I am!

• Advertisement

I hope Malouda doesn't start but he more than likely will.

Yeah, he's been muck for too long now, Yuri deserves a start.

Who do ye all reckon will start up front?

Drogba and Anelka, me thinks. To be honest none of our striking partnerships fill me with confidence at the moment.

I think Drogba and Torres.

Drogba and Anelka, me thinks. To be honest none of our striking partnerships fill me with confidence at the moment.

Considering the talent at our disposal it's very depressing that this is indeed true. :(

Anyone been charged for CL final tickets from Ballot thingy? Seems that some people have - even before email notification (due tomorrow!) - but no sign on my card.
    Lucky bastards!! - see how confident I am!

No sign of money taken from my card either :mad:

Yes to yuri and its anelka and torres up front me think. I would rather drogba comes off the bench than torres, he is a better impact player if we need him. I can't see drogba AND torres tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I just got an email saying I didnt get the CL tickets :(

On another note, I'd like to see Drogba Torres with Anelka behind them and a three man midfield of Lamps, Ramires, Essien.

Wont happen but its what I'd like to see.

• Advertisement

gavredking wrote: »
    I just got an email saying I didnt get the CL tickets :(

On another note, I'd like to see Drogba Torres with Anelka behind them and a three man midfield of Lamps, Ramires, Essien.

Wont happen but its what I'd like to see.
    Same here - re tickets AND front 6. I'll go one further and have Ferrera at Right-back. Not universally popular - but less flakey than Bossy.

Same here - re tickets AND front 6. I'll go one further and have Ferrera at Right-back. Not universally popular - but less flakey than Bossy.

:eek:

Its not April 1st today......take it back, take it back :D

gavredking wrote: »
    :eek:

Its not April 1st today......take it back, take it back :D

I'm actually nearly gonna agree...Last time I saw him play was away to spurs, Him & Ramires kept Bale quiet, We need to keep Nani Quiet with no Ivan at RB!

I'm actually nearly gonna agree...Last time I saw him play was away to spurs, Him & Ramires kept Bale quiet, We need to keep Nani Quiet with no Ivan at RB!

If Nani starts from the left side of Man Utd's midfield then would it be worth it to throw Yuri/Ashley out there? We all rememebr how well Bosingwa played against Messi when he was playing LB.

If United strat with both Nani and Valencia thats two right legged players that can play wide so we cpuld easily play Yuri at RB and anytime Nani wants to try and come in field Yuri would be on his stronger left leg and he coould shuffle him down the outside where we candeal with crosses in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

the oul Cech won't be running out the door come the end of the season by the sounds of things. With the season he is having, I have to say I'm absolutely deelighted to hear this!

Probably our best player this season. :):(

• Advertisement

Correctomundo Superfrank, have you noticed that Boswingwa was still in the Stoke half on Saturday, when John Walters shot hit the back of the net. The guy's a liability defensively, and Ferrera is actually a better crosser of the ball imo.

I've heard Torres and Drogba both start.

Correct. Happy with that. Delighted it's Yuri for Malouda. There's pace there - hold onto your hats!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Anelka benched? Massive call by Carlo if thats the way

I'm getting out a bottle of bombay gin.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement