Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Johner wrote: »
    I'm getting out a bottle of bombay gin.

Don't forget the straw.

Nice to see Yossi on the bench again

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

I'm getting out a bottle of bombay gin.
    Started a GORDONS about half an hour ago!! ;)

scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=8j6rew.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I wish Sideshow could play. :( Worried about Bosingwa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Shame about tonight, really is - I felt quite confident about this game and I usually would be v worried - so this was a bad sign.

well thats it for another season in Europe - I am truly convinced we are jinxed in this competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

jcf wrote: »
    I am truly convinced we are jinxed in this competition.

We really are, it's shocking.

We were terrible tonight, denied a stonewall penalty though but we didn't deserve anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

We were terrible tonight, denied a stonewall penalty though but we didn't deserve anything.

Ah now, we deserved a draw anyways, we were good in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Ah now, we deserved a draw anyways, we were good in the first half.

No, Johner is right, despite being denied a stone-waller we didn't deserve anything. United were far superior, we only played when they allowed us to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Shocker, I cannot believe we played so poorly in a huge game. We handed it to utd. Screwed over again by the refs in europe, deja vu:mad::mad:.

We are still in the tie but we need to sort out the frontline. So many poor performances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Still all to play for lads, there wasn't a lot in it and it was a definite peno at the end. See ye at OT where we'll do it all again.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Essien wrote: »
    No, Johner is right, despite being denied a stone-waller we didn't deserve anything. United were far superior, we only played when they allowed us to.

Not sure I quite agree with that.

I think ancellotti deserves some blame aswell, it was wrong (no balence) to start drog and torres and he was too slow to change it. Really disapointed with our performance, never even strung a few passes toghether.

Bosingwa had a shocker, so much space but still gave the ball away endlessly. Really showed when Essien had to go right back at the end.

John Terry was are best player tonight thought he was brilliant, no one else played well apart from Cech who was great as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jaysus, our passing was absolutely gash at times tonight. Lampard above all folks was fierce guilty of shít passes. Drogba getting taken off was baffling, not half baffling as the Mikel substitution though, Yossi should have been given a run out at that point.
    The aul Rio clearly has a jones against Torres, practically humping him against his will at times. That was the most clear cut penalty going but ladyluck didn't shine on us tonight.

Bosingwa had acres of space but his crossing was awful. We are dreadful to watch, no creativity or excitement in our play. Too many ordinary performances like bosingwa, lamps, torres, anelka, drogba, zhirkov.

I agree terry and cech were outstanding.

Anyone got any ideas about who we should play up front. Anelka and drogba for me. Tbf to torres he was unlucky not to score and had a great header in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

MUSEIST wrote: »

We are still in the tie but we need to sort out the frontline. So many poor performances.

Just wondering where do Chelsea fans think the problem is with the front line?...Has Torres just unsettled the whole thing or is Drogba's ego not helping him settle in?

Noticed a few times tonight when Drogba had the chance to pass to Torres he chose something else and lost the ball, has he no confidence in him or is he being selfish and trying to make himself look better?

Deserved or not you should have had a draw tonight, hopefully you step it up next week and get a result.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just wondering where do Chelsea fans think the problem is with the front line?...Has Torres just unsettled the whole thing or is Drogba's ego not helping him settle in?

Noticed a few times tonight when Drogba had the chance to pass to Torres he chose something else and lost the ball, has he no confidence in him or is he being selfish and trying to make himself look better?

Deserved or not you should have had a draw tonight, hopefully you step it up next week and get a result.

A bit of creativity from midfield wouldn't go astray

Turtyturd wrote: »

I honestly dont know but you need to remember than before torres came in drogba was in awful form and still is. Thats the problem really, all our strikers are really struggling and also we lack width and creativity to feed them.

A bit of creativity from midfield wouldn't go astray

This is exaclty it, we get to the final third and we look clueless, it is very hard to watch. I didn't get bringing on Mikel though, why not Benayoun? If he was fit enough to make the bench he was fit enough to come on.

This is exaclty it, we get to the final third and we look clueless, it is very hard to watch. I didn't get bringing on Mikel though, why not Benayoun? If he was fit enough to make the bench he was fit enough to come on.

Or Kalou even. Shocking decision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

So the question is, Torres or Shevchenko?

We are the sh!t.

• Advertisement

Stupid question

So the question is, are you a Liverpool fan?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

We are the sh!t.

You are?

Shevchenko please:pac:

The monkey will be having a nervous breakdown as we speak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Ye the Mikel sub was stupid.Need someone more attacking.Loosing patiencing with Torres.Its not like Sheva who had to adjsut to Premiership.No exuses for Torres.Needs to get his act together fast.Drop him for the 2nd leg i say.

Btw we are fecked for wingers.Yuri didnt do much better than a average Malouda shift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Shocking performance by us tonight. cant really see us turning it around second leg either based on season so far. We looked clueless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

So the question is, are you a Liverpool fan?

:rolleyes:
    I could be a kiev fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Only positive is its half time, when we go to OT, we simply HAVE to go out and give it everything plus the dogs bollocks on the night, substitutions like tonight's Mikel one simply cannot be made, it will have to be all or nothing attack.
    We can't afford to play Torres in a game of that magnitude from the off.
    We have to revert back to the 4-3-3. Drogba showed tonight he can bully United no end. Have Anelka and Yuri/Kalou supporting Drogba. Rameries, Essien and Lampard are still capable of dominating the midfield, (with Yossi possibly getting a run out, is it too much of a game for Josh to be brought into...), I'd play Bosingwa purely because he had Evra for pace tonight.
    We just have to absolutely launch at them from the off next Tuesday.
    Can we ahhh...terminate Danny's loan tomorrow morning no?!:pac:

papagormo wrote: »
    Only positive is its half time, when we go to OT, we simply HAVE to go out and give it everything plus the dogs bollocks on the night, substitutions like tonight's Mikel one simply cannot be made, it will have to be all or nothing attack.
    We can't afford to play Torres in a game of that magnitude from the off.
    We have to revert back to the 4-3-3. Drogba showed tonight he can bully United no end. Have Anelka and Yuri/Kalou supporting Drogba. Rameries, Essien and Lampard are still capable of dominating the midfield, (with Yossi possibly getting a run out, is it too much of a game for Josh to be brought into...), I'd play Bosingwa purely because he had Evra for pace tonight.
    We just have to absolutely launch at them from the off next Tuesday.
    Can we ahhh...terminate Danny's loan tomorrow morning no?!:pac:

Our only on form striker and he can't even play for us.

I agree we need to go back to the trusted 4-3-3 system immediately.

Pisses me of (this is just silly thinking but can't get it out of my head)
    but it's almost like since we had a biased ref. in the prem league tie
    this ref felt he had to be biased towards united !! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Silly I know but we don't think straight after footie disapointments.

Will it be the same ref in OT ??

hope not ... :(

jcf wrote: »
    Pisses me of (this is just silly thinking but can't get it out of my head)
    but it's almost like since we had a biased ref. in the prem league tie
    this ref felt he had to be biased towards united !! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Silly I know but we don't think straight after footie disapointments.

Will it be the same ref in OT ??

hope not ... :(

If the Ref was biased towards United he probably would have booked Torres for his first dive in the first half and booked Rameriez for when he hacked down Rooney long after the ball was gone.

That would have been two red cards.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    If the Ref was biased towards United he probably would have booked Torres for his first dive in the first half and booked Rameriez for when he hacked down Rooney long after the ball was gone.

That would have been two red cards.
    Thats bizarre logic. If they had been booked initially they more than likely would not have attempted the second offence because they would have been on a card. Every event affects the later events so you can't just say they would have done the exact same thing subsequently if the initial offence was dealt with properly.

Simples:)

Thats bizarre logic. If they had been booked initially they more than likely would not have attempted the second offence because they would have been on a card. Every event affects the later events so you can't just say they would have done the exact same thing subsequently if the initial offence was dealt with properly.

Simples:)

Yeah well if he was booked earlier then he probably wouldnt have been making half the tackles he did and United could have scored even more. Either way, they were decisions that would have benefited United earlier in the game that didnt happen.

pistolpetes,

Check your PM's is you can.

• Advertisement

Sorry I have opened a can of worms here :(

But will it be the same ref then on the return?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Despite peno decision, we were dreadful! I've written Torres for this season, doesn't inspire me at this mo, but Frank and Jose B should hang their heads in shame, dreadful altogether, will need a miracle to beat them at OT.

smuckers wrote: »
    Despite peno decision, we were dreadful! I've written Torres for this season, doesn't inspire me at this mo, but Frank and Jose B should hang their heads in shame, dreadful altogether, will need a miracle to beat them at OT.

yeah ... aint gonna happen. I've just accepted it now.

I feel better.

Allready looking forward to August 15th.

(or whenever new season starts)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Torres to score a hattrick at OT and we'll we grand, when did chelsea ever do things the easy way? :)

growler wrote: »
    Torres to score a hattrick at OT and we'll we grand, when did chelsea ever do things the easy way? :)

I wish I could be as positive, Torres has some serious mental block at the moment, if he doesn't get it sorted asap he'll never score for us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I have lost patience with Torres. I saw a stat today in where he has not scored for club or country in 12 hours of football. Now, maybe I am crazy, but considering the magnitude of this game, was it necessary to start a misfiring striker when Anelka, who has played well so far this season, could've done the job?

Thats only the striking problem. We were totally out classed in the passing department, 9 times out've 10 our second pass fell to a United player, which, at home is unforgivable.

Bosingwa had himself an absolute shocker tonight, going forward and defensively. Essien as right back and Mikel in the middle breaking up what was a weak United midfield, would have been a far better tactic.

On Torres again, I hope/pray/beg that he will find form at some point, as I don't wanna see another massive purchase go down the drain, but right now, he isn't cutting it and no face would be lost in doing the sensible thing and benching him til he gets over his mental block. Next season will prove a more vital season for him, after going through a pre season and whatnot with the team.

And lastly, all the talk of Neymar this and Neymar that, yeah, great player he is, but lets be realistic, What good is having the lad if there is no one to carve out chances and be creative? In the summer sign one creative player and give us an edge again. We have enough strikers at the club at it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Come on guys, it was just one of those nights.
    I dont think we played that badly
    We hit the post, saved off the line and other chances
    Torres went the closest he had so far
    Its ony 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

smuckers wrote: »

Its not impossible. I thought Ramires wasn't great for yee guys. Terry & Ivanovic were decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Come on guys, it was just one of those nights.
    I dont think we played that badly
    We hit the post, saved off the line and other chances
    Torres went the closest he had so far
    Its ony 1-0

I'm sorry, but on nights like tonight, when yer at home, you don't except anything less than positive football/result. Neither were present.

Not to say we can't go to that dump and do em in the second leg, but in the first leg, at home, you really need to make a statement and make life easier on yourself.

• Advertisement

V9 wrote: »

Not to say we can't go to that dump and do em in the second leg

In comparison to Stamford Bridge, you consider Old Trafford a dump?

In that case, ive got this old shed out the back for rent, should be like the ritz to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement