Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

The FA and UEFA are two separate identities and UEFA can't overrule the FA over matters such as this AFAIK.

I can't see it happening tbh.

Surely they can, UEFA are the governing body of the whole of Europe, which includes the FA.

You never know, Roman could throw his cash around. Strong rumour, apparently the players like the plastic feel of the surface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Surely they can, UEFA are the governing body of the whole of Europe, which includes the FA.

You never know, Roman could throw his cash around. Strong rumour, apparently the players like the plastic feel of the surface.

Hmm I'm not so sure. I would have thought UEFA would have put a stop to foreign ownership of clubs in England, like the Spanish FA has done, if they could. The really do strongly dislike it but I'm not sure they have the authority to overrule the FA on that.

I personally prefer to play ball on astro and wouldn't be surprised to see it universally introduced in the future once they have absolutely perfected it.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

Hmm I'm not so sure. I would have thought UEFA would have put a stop to foreign ownership of clubs in England, like the Spanish FA has done, if they could. The really do strongly dislike it but I'm not sure they have the authority to overrule the FA on that.

I personally prefer to play ball on astro and wouldn't be surprised to see it universally introduced in the future once they have absolutely perfected it.

I'm in the middle, astro-turf really does cut you up, my needs are in bits at the moment from it. If they perfect then maybe it could be used. Even in areas like the goalmouth or somewhere used to wear + tear.

As I said, it's a rumour I heard that the Chelsea players that are trying to force it through, apparently they like the plasticity of the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

As I said, it's a rumour I heard that the Chelsea players that are trying to force it through, apparently they like the plasticity of the whole thing.

It took you many posts to come up with a **** joke, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Tumbleweed.jpg

And yet Chelsea fans are constantly accused of being unoriginal. Thats mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Apparently UEFA are interested in the matter again and will approve if they meet a certain criteria.
    homer_facepalm.jpg

In actual news, Ramires says the Wigan win is what the Blues want.Link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Has carlo given any indication of the team for today. torres, yay or nay???

I would play torres in a 4-3-3 and leave drogba to rest for tuesday. Thak god we have luiz today, some excitement:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Has carlo given any indication of the team for today. torres, yay or nay???

I would play torres in a 4-3-3 and leave drogba to rest for tuesday. Thak god we have luiz today, some excitement:pac:

No he wants to put out a strong team though...the worst thing is he made a comment about there being no problem with the shape of the team! Doesn't sound like he will change.. pity because i could see us having a good go at united if we did!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Cech, Ferreira, Ivanovic, Luiz, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Mikel, Anelka, Drogba, Malouda.

Turnbull, Essien, Torres, Benayoun, Zhirkov, Kalou, Alex.

• Advertisement

Kakuta starts for Fulham today.

Kakuta starts for Fulham today.

Brilliant :D:D Pity its on the same time as chelsea match..wouldn't mind seeing him...this is his chance!! Hopefully he does his club a favor:D

Should have started Torres, if there was one game he could have scored it would be Wigan at home.

Johner wrote: »
    Should have started Torres, if there was one game he could have scored it would be Wigan at home.

Agreed...This mind boggles !!

Johner wrote: »

I dont get ancelotti sometimes, does this mean torres starts on tuesday. I would have fancied him to score today.:confused:

has JT been given the game off altogether?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

papagormo wrote: »
    has JT been given the game off altogether?

Yep

I would have preferred to see:
    Cech
    Ferreira--Ivanovic--Luiz--Cole
    Ramires----Mikel----Lampard
    Anelka----Torres----Zhirkov

Hopefully Yossi and Alex game some game time today.
    And Torres finally comes on a gets the all important first goal under his belt.

any links lads:confused:

Sturridge for Bolton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sturridge scored for Bolton

• Advertisement

Jaysus, sturridge:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Sturridge again.

Well that was far more nervous than Wigan at home should be.

Delighted Yossi is back, we desperately needed another option to support the strikers. Glad to see Alex make his return too.

Also, roll on next season when we have a fresh Torres and we welcome back Sturridge the goal machine :D

I think we have missed yossi so much, his passing is so good in the final third and the likes of drogba and torres will feed off that. Great to see alex back aswell. Nervy finish but important 3 points in the race for top 4. Now bring on tuesday.

Anyone know if Yossi is registered to play in the Champions League? I presume he is.

Borini starts for Swansea against Norwich, on Sky in 15 mins

Yossi was class when he came on.

Sturridge got two today, Van Aanholt scored as well!

And Borini scores

what a goal!

• Advertisement

And Borini scores

That was some freekick..exact technique drogba uses! Wonder will Chelsea try & get him to sign a contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

superfrank wrote: »
    That was some freekick..exact technique drogba uses! Wonder will Chelsea try & get him to sign a contract?

couldnt understand letting Stoch go, wont understand this either if he goes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

LanceStorm wrote: »
    couldnt understand letting Stoch go, wont understand this either if he goes!!

Whats not to understand - your club has no culture whatsoever of giving kids a chance in the first team.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Whats not to understand - your club has no culture whatsoever of giving kids a chance in the first team.

How'd JT get in the team?

Pity all our on form strikers are on loan :(

Lukker- wrote: »
    How'd JT get in the team?

Thats over a decade ago!!!

And he was the last one.

Exactly my point.

Thats over a decade ago!!!

And he was the last one.

Exactly my point.

I'm sure Roman isn't pumping all those millions into the academy for the crack. These things take time, we now have one of the best youth systems in England. How many of the United players in the starting line-up came through the academy (asides from Scholes and Giggs, which was over 2 decades ago!)

I'm sure Roman isn't pumping all those millions into the academy for the crack. These things take time, we now have one of the best youth systems in England. How many of the United players in the starting line-up came through the academy (asides from Scholes and Giggs, which was over 2 decades ago!)

Many more than Chelsea have. Fletcher, Brown, Evans, Giggs, Scholes, Gibson, all came through the academy, plus Welbeck, Cleverly and possibly Macgeda will come back from on loan next season. Then you have young lads like Farael, Fabio and Smalling who aren't academy players but still young guys that Fergie is happy to put his faith in.

There's no point in building that academy if those young lads aren't given a chance. Ye have already had to let some seriously talented kids go in order to accomodate youexpensive signings. There isn't a culture at the club of giving young academy guys or young signings a chance.

Its a shame the likes of Sturridge and Borrini have to go elsewhere to get games, but ye shouldn't be surprised eitehr. There's far too muc pressure on Chelsea managers from upstairs to bting immediate successto be giving youth its head. they haven't ahop, not when there's basically an open cheue book to sign relaibel senior players.

Many more than Chelsea have. Fletcher, Brown, Evans, Giggs, Scholes, Gibson, all came through the academy, plus Welbeck, Cleverly and possibly Macgeda will come back from on loan next season. Then you have young lads like Farael, Fabio and Smalling who aren't academy players but still young guys that Fergie is happy to put his faith in.

There's no point in building that academy if those young lads aren't given a chance. Ye have already had to let some seriously talented kids go in order to accomodate youexpensive signings. There isn't a culture at the club of giving young academy guys or young signings a chance.

Its a shame the likes of Sturridge and Borrini have to go elsewhere to get games, but ye shouldn't be surprised eitehr. There's far too muc pressure on Chelsea managers from upstairs to bting immediate successto be giving youth its head. they haven't ahop, not when there's basically an open cheue book to sign relaibel senior players.

Aside from Giggs and Scholes who are at the ends of their careers, Flethcer is the only person in that list who actually features regularly in the starting line-up. Theres plenty of young lads at Chelsea who show great promise and in recent years there has been a significant change in Chelsea's youth policy which has the likes of McEachran, Bruma, Van Aanholt etc all being given runs in the starting line-up.

• Advertisement

Aside from Giggs and Scholes who are at the ends of their careers, Flethcer is the only person in that list who actually features regularly in the starting line-up. Theres plenty of young lads at Chelsea who show great promise and in recent years there has been a significant change in Chelsea's youth policy which has the likes of McEachran, Bruma, Van Aanholt etc all being given runs in the starting line-up.

All those named players play regularly for the first team. Utd don't have first choice 11 in reality, they use their entire squad to its fullest. The lads I've named all play a huge role in that.

Who of the young lads at Chelsea plays an important role in the squad? No one. A run out in a Carling Cup game doesn't count. Fergie would have no bother throwing any of the lads I named into a big Pl or even CL game before the season is over. O doubt ye would be able to say Ancelotti could do the same, because they've not been trusted like Utd's kids are.

If you think that Utd an Chelsea have a similar mentality in terms of trustiung young players and encouraging them then you're seriously deluded. For one thing no Chelsea manager is secure enough inis position to know he could bring in a few young fellas and allow them to make the mistakes that kids do. Investing in the academy is a great thing fair enough. But actually giving its products a chance is an altogether different thing entirely.

It's be great to see Mc Eachran givena shot over the next few years, but the reality is ye are just as likely to break the bank and sign someone like Hamsik who'd directrly obstruct his route to the team.

All those named players play regularly for the first team. Utd don't have first choice 11 in reality, they use their entire squad to its fullest. The lads I've named all play a huge role in that.

Who of the young lads at Chelsea plays an important role in the squad? No one. A run out in a Carling Cup game doesn't count. Fergie would have no bother throwing any of the lads I named into a big Pl or even CL game before the season is over. O doubt ye would be able to say Ancelotti could do the same, because they've not been trusted like Utd's kids are.

If you think that Utd an Chelsea have a similar mentality in terms of trustiung young players and encouraging them then you're seriously deluded. For one thing no Chelsea manager is secure enough inis position to know he could bring in a few young fellas and allow them to make the mistakes that kids do. Investing in the academy is a great thing fair enough. But actually giving its products a chance is an altogether different thing entirely.

It's be great to see Mc Eachran givena shot over the next few years, but the reality is ye are just as likely to break the bank and sign someone like Hamsik who'd directrly obstruct his route to the team.

I'm not denying that the we're behind United in that sense, but Evans and Brown only feature because of defensive injuries, they wouldn't feature otherwise. Fergie does rotate a good bit in terms of giving players a rest and playing Gibson and the likes, but of the players mentioned do many United fans think that these players are up to it to actually be used in big games? Wellbeck will equally struggle to find a spot in the team as McEachran, both great talents but it's going hard to be displace the likes of Nani and Valencia who are both young for Wellbeck. I have no doubt that McEachran will be a future starter for Chelsea.

I'm not denying that the we're behind United in that sense, but Evans and Brown only feature because of defensive injuries, they wouldn't feature otherwise. Fergie does rotate a good bit in terms of giving players a rest and playing Gibson and the likes, but of the players mentioned do many United fans think that these players are up to it to actually be used in big games? Wellbeck will equally struggle to find a spot in the team as McEachran, both great talents but it's going hard to be displace the likes of Nani and Valencia who are both young for Wellbeck. I have no doubt that McEachran will be a future starter for Chelsea.

Eve if they're just looked at as squad players, they're stll vital parts of the set up. All of Chelsea's squad players are expensive signings. Thats the point. Chelsea will fill a hole in heir team with the chequebook as they need results straight away. Welbeck is young an versatile and can play on the wings or up front. He can be much more comfident of getting a shot at Utd, who have a pedigree of giving youth its head than any of the kids at Chelsea where the culture doesn't even exist (even though you could very well argue that McEachran is much more talented than he). They might get a chance, or they might find thelmselves forced out by another multi-million pound signing like Sturridge was.

It's be nice to think ye would show patience and bring McEachran along in the orper way, but such is the pressure at Chelsea to produce ASAP that its just as likely Ancelotti or the next guy Roman brings in will sign someone that'll take his slot in the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Blackman; Kane, Kalas, Chalobah, Ince; Saville, Deen-Conteh, McEachran, Nditi; Devyne, Lalkovic.

Subs: Nkumu, Tomlinson, Sampayo, Baker, Davey.

Chelsea u18 team against United in the FAYC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

You can't just concentrate on youth and expect to be producing players straight away. It takes the guts of ten years. Chelsea are well on the way to producing young players for the first team.

Van Annholt, Bertrand, Bruma, Kakuta, McEachran, Chalobah, Mancienne, Clifford 1 and Clifford 2, Sturridge have all had game time in one of the strongest squads in the world. That is a massive improvement.

McEachran will make it. Sturridge while produced elsewhere, will make it. Van Annholt has a shout. The two Cliffords will make it, not at Chelsea though.

That will be a great return in such a short time. The youth system in place now is one of the best around. Players will be produced and will be given the chance.

Borini will be quality but elsewhere. Lalkovic, Tore, Sala, Mitrovic all have a chance. Delac coming in.

Chelsea is full of youth and the first team will reflect that in the coming years. Until then we will have to make do with ancient players like David Luiz (23), Ramires (24), Essien (28), Torres (27), Mikel (23), Zhirkov (27), Alex (28), Kalou (25)... Oh nooooooo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Those crappy youths of ours are 1-0 up over the United super youths.

• Advertisement

2-0 Chalobah with both, half time.

Bobby Devine makes it 3-1

Do away Goals count ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Well done lads. CAREFREE.

• Advertisement