Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

superfrank wrote: »
    Do away Goals count ?

Not in this they dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Those crappy youths of ours are 1-0 up over the United super youths.

What a retarded post.

Nobody said they were crappy, the point being made is that they are unlikely to be given a good enough chance in the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I thought the clearout of Belletti, Ricky, Deco, Shevvy, Joe, and Ballack and the call up into the first team of the youth players listed earlier was a pretty clear indication of the desire to bring the youths into the premiership arena sooner rather than later on a personal note.
    I'd say 2-3 senior players may leave at the end of the season, with 1 or 2 faces introduced, and after that its pretty much as you were, a team consisting of a few key senior figures, returning loaned players and the 1-2 new additions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What a retarded post.

Nobody said they were crappy, the point being made is that they are unlikely to be given a good enough chance in the first team.

They will be given a chance imo, some of the players in the youth set up will be good enough for Chelsea. It might have taken a good few years for our youth set up to come good but it has really taken off over the last few years and that is proved by how well they are doing. Obviously it's a hard step up to the first team but the ones that are good enough will get a chance.

We just haven't had the players coming through in the last 10 years. I do agree some haven't been given a good enough chance to prove themselves but in my opinion over the next few years we will see it changing with more players coming through. Someone said about Josh not getting enough game time this season, fair enough I would have liked to see him have a few more opportunities but we have to remember he only just turned 18, I see him playing a bigger role next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Was at the match yesterday with junior, would have to say loaning Sturridge out might have been good for him and Bolton but why he wasn't given the chance to notch up 6 goals for us. Begs the question. Who has scored 6 gaols for us since xmas?

Did feel Lamps and Drogs were not going to pass the ball to Torres, Drogs even slowed down play so as not to have to make that pass, was not impressed as he was right in front of us.
    BTW, did not miss Terry, Luiz is very good IMO, great to see Alex back, Yossis touch on the ball not quite there yet.
    Torres is nearly there, roll on tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

OfficialCFCnet Official CFCnet
    #cfc ticket prices and new kit announced very soon.

To Continue Tradition, We have a strange 3rd Kit
    third_kit_20110330_1036356901.jpg

Our Home Kit is Nice

chelseahome1112.jpg

None of these are CONFIRMED yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If it wasnt for Al Habsi Wigan would have been put to the sword, he deined us on a few occasions and made a very good save from Torres too. Torres showed some flashes of his brillance and it is good to see that minute by minute hes coming back to his best, the sooner he scores the sooner the media will be off his back. Cant wait to see him next year after a free summer with no world cup and plenty rest, he will bang in goas next season.

Great to see a future defensive partnership with Alex and Luiz, also the return of Yossi who could make a difference against United, we need his creativity and ball carrying.

To Continue Tradition, We have a strange 3rd Kit

Our Home Kit is Nice

None of these are CONFIRMED yet!

The 3rd choice would be nice, be better then our current one.

That home jersey looks like last year's jersey, with the polo neck effect, id rather that design then the V shape neck TBH but as ya said nothing confirmed yet so it remains to be seen.

gavredking wrote: »
    The 3rd choice would be nice, be better then our current one.

That home jersey looks like last year's jersey, with the polo neck effect, id rather that design then the V shape neck TBH but as ya said nothing confirmed yet so it remains to be seen.

Nah I'd be the opposite. I like the Polo neck Design..As for the 3rd choice..IMO its a strange version of a Germany Jersey! Home one Should be announced this week AFAIK

Nah I'd be the opposite. I like the Polo neck Design..As for the 3rd choice..IMO its a strange version of a Germany Jersey! Home one Should be announced this week AFAIK

What i was trying to egt across is I'd rather the polo neck design then our current plunging V neck design, oooops if i didnt make it clear :cool:

A Torres or David Luiz jersey for next year I'd say :pac:

• Advertisement

What i was trying to egt across is I'd rather the polo neck design then our current plunging V neck design, oooops if i didnt make it clear :cool:

A Torres or David Luiz jersey for next year I'd say :pac:

Sorry misread there....Has to be a Luiz, Ivanovic or Ramires for me :p

Sorry misread there....Has to be a Luiz, Ivanovic or Ramires for me :p

I really want a Torres one thoug, but my next prefernce would be a David Luiz, could go mad and get one on the home and the otehr on the away :P best solution and maybe Ivanovic on the 3rd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Am I the only one who saw the third kit and instantly thought of Germany?

Daniel Sturridge is coming up on Keys & Gray on Talksport after 12....

Was chatting to my Uncle today who was at the wigan game and said there was a David Luiz song been sung to the tune of " Your just too good to be true " anyone got any more info on this?

Also, cant wait for the match tomorrow, I'll defintely not be going to training with this game on.

I fancy a Torres 1st scorer and to Chelsea win in 90 minutes bet coming on ;)

Carefree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I fancy a Torres 1st scorer and to Chelsea win in 90 minutes bet coming on ;)

Carefree
    Yeah I fancy Torres to score alright.. Hope he starts.

I have a feeling that Drogba is gonna be pivotal though, if he's on form we'll go through.

blue-army wrote: »
    Yeah I fancy Torres to score alright.. Hope he starts.

I have a feeling that Drogba is gonna be pivotal though, if he's on form we'll go through.

I dont care if we play terrible and win by 2 fluky goals once we get through.

One thing thats playing on my mind is we have got lucky at OT in recent years in the EPL but this is the CL, the competition that we cant catch a break in so hopefully we will get a bit of the CL rub o' the green at OT an maybe get some justice for a stone wall penalty turned away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I dont care if we play terrible and win by 2 fluky goals once we get through.

One thing thats playing on my mind is we have got lucky at OT in recent years in the EPL but this is the CL, the competition that we cant catch a break in so hopefully we will get a bit of the CL rub o' the green at OT an maybe get some justice for a stone wall penalty turned away.

If there was justice to be done you'd have a few players sent off and we'd get a few penalties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Le King wrote: »
    If there was justice to be done you'd have a few players sent off and we'd get a few penalties.

If there was true justice in the euro competition chelsea would get 6 or 7 penalties, utd would have a few sent off and chelsea would win on penos with rooney missing from the spot due to the failure of his legs to maintain his weight. But we all know chelsea will in all likely hood be screwed once again by the ref, its just how it goes for us in europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

MUSEIST wrote: »
    If there was true justice in the euro competition chelsea would get 6 or 7 penalties, utd would have a few sent off and chelsea would win on penos with rooney missing from the spot due to the failure of his legs to maintain his weight. But we all know chelsea will in all likely hood be screwed once again by the ref, its just how it goes for us in europe.
    Yes its because of referees that Chelsea haven't won the Champions League

I see Carlo Ancelotti on Sky doing his press conference.
    The Torres questions seem to be getting tedious for him

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

amiable wrote: »

How could they not be at this stage? Same old questions week in week out. When he scores tomorrow night that'll be the end of it......

I did not say it was because of referees. I was saying that chelsea have been very unlucky in europe with referees decisions on a few occasions. You need some luck to win the champions league and I was hoping chelsea would have got that luck from refs this year, apparently not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Apparently Carlo has a "special plan" for Utd tomorrow night!

Personally I think he needs to go 4-3-3 with the Drog upfront.
    Play Malouda (Has some form now) and Kalou as the supporting "wingers"
    Lamps plays best in that formation.
    At the back, play Terry, Ivan, Cole and Alex

Plan B will be bring on Benya and Torres. Torres likes playing with Yossi

However, I think his "special plan" is to play Yossi from the start with Torres.

I really believe we can do it, and it will be a great achievement if we can.
    Even if they score early, it wont kill us, but I hope we fly at them from the start.

Its gonna be MEGA!:eek:

Come on the Blues!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has to be 4-3-3 for me. Start with drogs, malouda nad anelka as the front 3. Please god dont start with drogba AND torres, just pick one and go with it.

• Advertisement

I was simply refering to Chelsea's yearly CL exit as the result of bad luck/bad decisions. Apart from last year, when Inter deserved to beat us, we have been unlucky in the last 2 out of 3 years.

True justice might be served at OT in the EPL but thats for another time.

Should be interesting tonight, an attacking Chelsea team will play to United strengths and should make for a good game regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Could we not give Luiz a hair cut and stick him on instead of Bosingwa?

Maybe no one would notice:cool:

What do ye Think? new-kits.jpg

weiland79 wrote: »
    Could we not give Luiz a hair cut and stick him on instead of Bosingwa?

Maybe no one would notice:cool:

Surely someone would cop on when the see " Bosingwa " throw in a good tackle and beat a few players. It was mentioned ( jokingly ) on ChelseaFC.com that we should put a bald cap on Luiz and send him out in an Alex jersey :pac:

205136_10150159941487259_86037497258_6580470_1360011_n.jpg216363_10150159941537259_86037497258_6580471_1404755_n.jpg
    218079_10150159941577259_86037497258_6580472_3231397_n.jpg
    218067_10150159941652259_86037497258_6580476_7009219_n.jpg

I think Its a fairly nice kit to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

hmmm... im not sold on the jersey at all, the white on the shoulders is really off-putting for some reason...

still tho, slap Torres on the back and im sold!!

I like the kit. Reminds me of Last year's polo neck which I prefered to this year's V neck shape.

It could be just the match day Adidas TechFit jersey, but the sleeves look awkwardly long on the short sleeve version, especially in the Torres picture.

I like the Keepers jersey, makes a change from Petr's mad glowing green/orange of recent times.

Gonna be getting my Torres 9 jersey anyway. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Anything is an improvement from a jersey with red

oops - Delete delete!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

oops - Delete delete!

Ya broke boards :pac:

oops - Delete delete!

n00b

:D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Gonna be getting my Torres 9 jersey anyway. :cool:

92euros delivered from the megastore with Torres on the back!! yikes...!!

LanceStorm wrote: »

:eek:

Fooook that, I'll wait until the start of the season and get it local with print for about 70 quid.

Bargain :rolleyes:

That's scandalous

Luckily Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink wasn't a great player and end up at Chelsea otherwise his jersey would cost a couple of grand

That's scandalous

Ya gotta rememebr that is the pre-order price, when it comes out globally it will drop, usually by a good 15 quid off that.

Alot of people buy from the club shops to feel they are giving to the club and " proper " supporters but thats their choice TBH.

I agree and think 92 quid pre-order is joke, I'll be waiting anyway.

• Advertisement

Ya gotta rememebr that is the pre-order price, when it comes out globally it will drop, usually by a good 15 quid off that.

Alot of people buy from the club shops to feel they are giving to the club and " proper " supporters but thats their choice TBH.

I agree and think 92 quid pre-order is joke, I'll be waiting anyway.
    I can pre order on the Liverpool website the new away jersey with Suarez 7 on the back for 68 euro and that's still pricey imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

As much as I wan't to give my money to the club there is no justifying paying that much for a jersey. I'll wait for soccer triads version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Just think what it will do to the poor scallies ;)
    I can pre order on the Liverpool website the new away jersey with Suarez 7 on the back for 68 euro and that's still pricey imo

Ya, but we're paying for premier league titles and champion's league appearances :D:p jokes.

But seriously, i just had a look there for myself and picked a large home short sleeve jersey with Torres 9 and no badges ( why have badges like?? ) and it was 61.95 Sterling delivered to Eire. Does 61.95 Sterling exchange to 92 Euro?
    Johner wrote: »
    As much as I wan't to give my money to the club there is no justifying paying that much for a jersey. I'll wait for soccer triads version.

I agree anyone that is going to pre order is silly IMO. It will drop a good bit for the start of the season and the only reason they are marking it up is that we will be using this jersey for probably the last few games of the season.

Does 61.95 Sterling exchange to 92 Euro?

The answer, according to www.xe.com is no, no it doesn't.

It comes out at 69.70987 give or take. But I would round taht up to 70 Euro delivered.

Lance, are you picking badges, shorts and socks to get the 92 figure??

EDIT : Just realised Lance is getting the 92 figure as he has his location as Canada. That would be my guess without checking the deleivery option to Canada on the megastore site.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Its the same in Italy and if you don't get a name on the back they cost 75 euro

Ya, but we're paying for premier league titles and champion's league appearances :D:p jokes.

Does 61.95 Sterling exchange to 92 Euro?

No idea mate. But i'm not the one who said it was 92 euro.

They may be paying for champions league appearances(revenue covers that) but its not paying for champions league medals?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wow he's really dropped in value - how much did Chelsea pay for him in Jan ?;)

greendom wrote: »
    Wow he's really dropped in value - how much did Chelsea pay for him in Jan ?;)

Barely the price of a decent yacht, :D
    Wait till you see how much we spend in the summer building the team around him ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Barely the price of a decent yacht, :D
    Wait till you see how much we spend in the summer building the team around him ;)

The sooner those UEFA regs come in the better :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement