Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

greendom wrote: »
    The sooner those UEFA regs come in the better :D

We're soooooo worried!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

11/12 home kid lads.Had to laugh at them saying it improves your speed though..As if :P
    Looks well though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Soby wrote: »
    11/12 home kid lads.Had to laugh at them saying it improves your speed though..

Terry better start wearing 3 or 4 of 'em so

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Number Nine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

amiable wrote: »
    No idea mate. But i'm not the one who said it was 92 euro.

They may be paying for champions league appearances(revenue covers that) but its not paying for champions league medals?:D

Ha, who needs CL medals, they really went down in value when players like Djimi Traore and Roque Junior are classed as winners

< shudders >

:)

Also, Paulo Ferrira has a medal and lets the rest of the squad admire it whenever they want :P dont think Anelka is into sharing his, hence why he missed that penalty, he wanted to be exclusive around the club :pac:
    Wow he's really dropped in value - how much did Chelsea pay for him in Jan ?;)

If I can get Torres out for my local Sunday League team I've no problem sending Roman a fax, ill even pay a 100 quid and Chelsea can keep the 8 euro and call it profit, only if they are willing to pay his wages and shipping and handling fees.
    Barely the price of a decent yacht, :D
    Wait till you see how much we spend in the summer building the team around him ;)

We dont need to build around him IMO. We have Sturridge coming back off a fine strike rate of goals, Josh will be involved next year more we have the palyers at the club. Also as David Luiz is Brazilian i think he should be played as a striker or playmaker, there is nothing that man cant do.:pac:
    The sooner those UEFA regs come in the better :D

I agree, the sonner the better, it will be more of a level playing field and will help develop yputh soccer across the globe and help smalelr clubs challenge and break the monopoly of the super rich clubs, interesting times ahead for all the clubs in Europe.

• Advertisement

He better go back Blonde soon or else grow his hair like David Luiz. :D

Countdown is well under way now lads.

If Torres starts he will score tonight, I'm so confident of it happening, that if it shouldnt happen i will not post in the Chelsea thread until the last game of the season is over.

Come on Torres, I know you can do it tonight.

CAREFREE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

First post in this thread in a long time, and it's a very pessimistic one.

The League is gone. The F.A. Cup is gone. Right? Two trophies Chelsea won last season, and the defence of both was nothing short of absolutely shambolic. While some may say there is hope in the league, this is nothing but a pipe dream. Unless both Arsenal and United's team coaches both crash coming back from matches or something, it will be one of those teams lifting the Prem this season, and it will almost certainly be Man United. They have been playing like true champions; play badly and still win and still get results. All this bollocks about this being the worst United team ever.... means absolutely nothing. They are still on for the Treble and given the way that things have gone thus far in the season, I would not put it past them. Chelsea's only hope left in the season is the Champions League, and that dream will most likely end tonight.

The only highlight of this season for Chelsea is that the club has signed some excellent players to build on for the future. David Luiz being one and Lucas Piazon being another.

This season was an absolute and utter disaster for Chelsea Football Club. There will be not a single trophy for the club this season. But with any luck, the future will be much brighter and from next season stability (my main hope for the club) can begin to edge in.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

gavredking wrote: »
    Countdown is well under way now lads.

If Torres starts he will score tonight, I'm so confident of it happening, that if it shouldnt happen i will not post in the Chelsea thread until the last game of the season is over.

Come on Torres, I know you can do it tonight.

CAREFREE
    He is on the bench tonight..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

That about sums it up for me - roll on next season :(
    DazMarz wrote: »

The League is gone. The F.A. Cup is gone. Right? Two trophies Chelsea won last season, and the defence of both was nothing short of absolutely shambolic. While some may say there is hope in the league, this is nothing but a pipe dream. Unless both Arsenal and United's team coaches both crash coming back from matches or something, it will be one of those teams lifting the Prem this season, and it will almost certainly be Man United. They have been playing like true champions; play badly and still win and still get results. All this bollocks about this being the worst United team ever.... means absolutely nothing. They are still on for the Treble and given the way that things have gone thus far in the season, I would not put it past them. Chelsea's only hope left in the season is the Champions League, and that dream will most likely end tonight.

The only highlight of this season for Chelsea is that the club has signed some excellent players to build on for the future. David Luiz being one and Lucas Piazon being another.

This season was an absolute and utter disaster for Chelsea Football Club. There will be not a single trophy for the club this season. But with any luck, the future will be much brighter and from next season stability (my main hope for the club) can begin to edge in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Godscop you're going to have egg on your face if he starts. ;)

smuckers wrote: »
    Im very confident he is on the bench ! but yeah, i will if he starts..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

The new home kit is absolutely beautiful. A bit of a throw back to the early 90s with the hoops in it.

bullpost wrote: »
    That about sums it up for me - roll on next season :(

Nahhhhh. I'm not having that. I still enjoy watching the Blues, even if there is no trophy to play for. (And thats 40 years of supporting - Osgood, Dixon, Zola etc)
    Roman gambled this season on having youth to fill the ranks and lost.
    Mainly because a Chelsea manager never has the luxury of truly trying somebody new because of the insane pressure to succeed (Much like the England team)
    Still we are doing well in the youth cup, and I would take their result tonight (3-2)
    Cup or no Cup, theres always a win to play for!

And even Fergie, went trophy less while he rebuilt the team

DazMarz wrote: »

First off, welcome back Daz, long time no post. :)

I have to say I agree with everything you've said so in the above. Its a fairly accurate description of our season, the Ttile was lost at Stoke and that draw, but in truth losing twice to Liverpool killed us and our in ability to create and score chances tha we we're putting away for fun last year.

This year is the last for alot of the current generation and it will be sad to see them go but the club needs this transitional period and hopefully Roman and the big wigs can see if we sack Carlo they have someone big lined up, becasue we all know its a new corner to turn as Chelsea try and claw back the EPL form either Utd or Arsenal for the 11-12 season and if Carlo is deemed surplus to requirements I cant wait to see who they replace him with.

I am of the beliefe that we shoudl keep Carlo for next year, truth be told there is no top managers around and at this rate we could become the Real Madrid of England, as in sacking managers at an alarming rate.

The only thing I'm happy about is the_monkey is not around to tell us he was right all along, I'm blaming him for jinxing our season :pac:
    godscop wrote: »

Source??

Fooooook it, I'll stand by my call, If Torres doesn't score tonight im banning myself from the Chelsea thread until the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I like next seasons kit.:D

Not too hopefull about tonight but we will see what happens:)

Nahhhhh. I'm not having that. I still enjoy watching the Blues, even if there is no trophy to play for. (And thats 40 years of supporting - Osgood, Dixon, Zola etc)
    Mainly because a Chelsea manager never has the luxury of truly trying somebody new because of the insane pressure to succeed (Much like the England team)
    Still we are doing well in the youth cup, and I would take their result tonight (3-2)

Another good, insightful post.

This Chelsea team is in transisation, we have Danny Sturridge coming back next year ( if we sell him I'll freak out ) and if he is given more game time he will be a great replacement for Anelka, we will have a fit 50million pound hitman to replace the Drog. We have a one of the hottest prospects in England with Josh. We have signed David Luiz, the best young CB around, we have Ramires adapting to the EPL and we will have Kakuta back as well as Bruma and Van Aanholt, Delac will probably be promoted to back up keeper.

I cant wait for the next few seasons, they are very promising for us Chelsea fans, and as been said, every team goes without winning trophies, if we win nothing this year we will have the hunger for it next year and I think Torres will be picking up his first EPL title winners medal for the 2011/12 season. ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Im very confident about tonight

Quietly confident myself, but the team will need to go in with the highest mentality of performance as possible. Utd WILL Score tonight, no question, so we need to have the mental capacity to go out and get multiple goals.

Tighten up our passing and our finishing and we will put Utd under pressure.

COME ON YOU BOYS IN BLUE!

As am I.

I think we can take this game, if we dont though I'll be worried that our recent trend of going out to the eventual winners of the competition could come through again this year.

< shudders >

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Dont get me wrong - I'll still enjoy cheering them on tonight and will happily admit I'm wrong if they win, but the Wilkins thing has really put the kibosh on it for me and I still believe Ancellotti has since lost interest.

Why all the confidence lads, we have been muck this season and we have no creativity???? I think it will be a bad night and we will lose 2-0 I would say, can't see us scoring. Really hope I'm wrong.

...but I will be cheering on the blues throught good and bad as always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Unfortunately I have nearly no confidence in tonight's match. I cannot see us coming away with it.

I'll be watching with a little glimmer of hope, which will be monumentally enlarged if we score first. If they score first, game over.

Last week, I turned off the last 20 minutes because we were absolutely diabolical.

bw wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have nearly no confidence in tonight's match. I cannot see us coming away with it.

I'll be watching with a little glimmer of hope, which will be monumentally enlarged if we score first. If they score first, game over.

Last week, I turned off the last 20 minutes because we were absolutely diabolical.[/QUOTE

id say you would be a great help to the team at games...:o

One thing that has to be gotten across to the players tonight is " this is our season in 90/120 minutes "

If we lose tonight thats it, they will all know that Carlo will be gone in the summer as well as some of them getting the chop and being shipped out.

Its time for Lamps, Terry and Co. to really the troops and push for one last effort, what will make this potential lose worse is the fact it's Man Utd. We are playing, what I regard our biggest rivals in the EPL and to lose out to them in the League ( which is a foregone conclusion at this stage ) and the CL will be a huge blow so we need this tonight and it will tell alot about the heart and guts at this club.

If we go out all guns blazing and lose after putting in a dispaly ill hold my head up and say well done lads you did us proud but if we whimper out of the CL to our nearest rivals there is no excuses for that full stop.

Stopping short of " lets be 'aving you " we need to beat United tonight and progress.

Come on lads, I know and trust ye can do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I will be confident of a win if he doesn't start with Torres + Drogba, the one thing i really don't want to see is penalties :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I know he's been out for ages, but I would really like to see Yossi and Torres start.

V9 wrote: »
    The new home kit is absolutely beautiful. A bit of a throw back to the early 90s with the hoops in it.

They seem to think its the 80's!

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/860664-chelseas-new-kit-brings-1980s-retro-look-to-stamford-bridge

I will be confident of a win if he doesn't start with Torres + Drogba, the one thing i really don't want to see is penalties :(

If it goes to penos I don't think I could watch, behind the couch is safer.

• Advertisement

Hopefully this..

cech
    bosingwa
    ivanovic----terry
    cole

essien

ramires
    lampard

anelka
    drogba
    zhirkov

or perhaps
    cech

bos
    ivan
    jt
    cole

essien

ramires
    lamps

yossi

Drogba
    torres

I have a suspicion he will go with the second one but I prefer the 4-3-3

I dont care how we win as long as we do win lads.

My 2 cents, I'd start Torres as Drogba is a bigger threat coming off the bench, also if he starts Torres id start Yossi out wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Like the new shirt but the gold prem badges are a bit much, barring a miracle(2 actually) we wont be wearing gold badges on our sleeves,
    Though I suppose we'll get away with it by wearing the shirt for the last league game of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Best of luck to all tonight,

lets hope we dont remember this as the last point in the season when we had any hope

It would be fantastic to win tonight

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

godscop wrote: »

:rolleyes:

:)

Team

Cech Ivan Alex Cole Ram Ess Lamps Torres anelka malouda

• Advertisement

smuckers wrote: »
    Team

Cech Ivan Alex Cole Ram Ess Lamps Torres anelka malouda

Who needs 11 players? :D

It is the 80s! lol the Le Coq Sportif 83/84 kit and 84/85 kits both had hoops! NICE! A hark back to shirts the year I was born!

Ooops missed Terry

Right, I am not coming on here during the match or I will get banned:pac: but all I can say is cmon the chelsea, we need the game of the season tonight lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Well at lleast we can take comfort that utd wont win the thing, so its all pointless really.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Well at lleast we can take comfort that utd wont win the thing, so its all pointless really.:mad:

IF they get to the final, as much as it pains me to say but they are capeable of beating any team at Wembley over 90 minutes if it was a 2 legged game i'd say different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Obaraten wrote: »
    Just saw some of their wonderful fans comments on the match thread makes me really wonder why they are hated so much:rolleyes:

Rid tinted glasses can't even begin to describe it, bunch of biased f uckers, any Chelsea fan who calls it as it is is called a troll.

What to say really, Carlo got the tactics on line-up wrong in both games. The big decisions went against us but don't think we'll ever have that bit of a luck needed in Europe. Ramires was very sily to slide in on Nani, but after his first booking was always in danger of making another silly challenge. Yossi should have been on well before that for him. Nani is a despicable cheat and we can all talk heart in the fact that he won't lift the CL this year :D

We are so poor, well done utd but dont get carried away, you beat a very ordinary team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

We can't have any complaints. The difference between us and them, not only tonight but for most of the season, is mentality. This team is not right, no matter how you look at it. We only look fired up when a game is beyond us, and even that doesn't always happen then. Look at Kalou when he came on ffs, you'd be forgiven for thinking he was coming on to play in a testimonial.

I still think we have the strongest first team in the league but there's simply no substitute for the mentality SAF instills in his team, that's what's dragging them over the line time and time again this season.

You can blame refs and bad luck all you like but the fact is all of our shortcomings this season have been 100% our own fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Why oh why was Drogba not in the starting eleven?

Essien wrote: »
    We can't have any complaints. The difference between us and them, not only tonight but for most of the season, is mentality. This team is not right, no matter how you look at it. We only look fired up when a game is beyond us, and even that doesn't always happen then.Look at Kalou when he came on ffs, you'd be forgiven for thinking he was coming on to play in a testimonial.

I still think we have the strongest first team in the league but there's simply no substitute for the mentality SAF instills in his team, that's what's dragging them over the line time and time again this season.

You can blame refs and bad luck all you like but the fact is all of our shortcomings this season have been 100% our own fault.

Yeah what what that all about, I initially thought it was because Le Sulk was taking so long to come off but it was cleary something else. No player should be rolling his eyes and shaking his head when he is coming on the pitch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I said it in the United thread, our downfall tonight was:
    1. Ramires sending off, jesus but he was playing absolutely unreal tonight in all honesty
    2. Drogba not starting. He should have been our Plan A from the off.
    3. Substitutions. Anelka should have remained, Malouda off, Yossi on.
    In saying that, Rooney played a blinder, he was everywhere tonight, as did Giggs for a man of his age, he is something else. Chico and Park played really well too.
    I fear a reaction from the Chelsea board after tonight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement