Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

End of the line for a good few players, Torres is worrying me big time now, give Josh a go for the rest of the season.
    WE get a goal all we had to do was defend, terrible defending for Parks.
    Goodbye certain players and probably Carlo, you're a nice man, not a good tactician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Unlucky lads. Any time we beat a team as good as yours is a reason to be happy. I don't like ye or a lot of your players but I sure as hell respect them. Say what you like about guys like Drogba and Terry but they are true warriors and any day you get the better of men like that is a good one. Ye have a bright light in Ramires in midfield, I thought he was exceptional. The decision not to start the Drog was ridiculous and played right into our hands. If thats at the behest of the owner or doneto keep him happy its a disgrace and ye have every right to be fuming.

Looking forward to doing battle with ye next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Ramires is now our main man in midfield, legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Alex was dodgy for both goals, but I can't fault him he's been out for 4 months and Carlo had no choice but to play him otherwise it was Nani vs Ferreira.

We will re-group and come back stronger. I have no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Constant change of manager will do nothing unless we have someone better to take over. Jose isn't coming back so don't see many better candidates on the horizon. The problem will be the same when players are bought, and the manager is told to play them, which, after spending 50 million on a player, Roman has told Carlo, same way he spent 30 million on a player and told Jose to play him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

papagormo wrote: »
    I said it in the United thread, our downfall tonight was:
    1. Ramires sending off, jesus but he was playing absolutely unreal tonight in all honesty
    2. Drogba not starting. He should have been our Plan A from the off.
    3. Substitutions. Anelka should have remained, Malouda off, Yossi on.
    In saying that, Rooney played a blinder, he was everywhere tonight, as did Giggs for a man of his age, he is something else. Chico and Park played really well too.
    I fear a reaction from the Chelsea board after tonight.

Drogba not starting was a crazy decision as he offers so much when he is firing.Red card was just that, was a stupid tackle not helped nor hindered by Nanis over the top as per usual reaction.

People are talking about carlo being sacked like its a bad thing, I' not so sure tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

There is no mental strength in Chelsea any more.

Nothing to suggest that this can improve sufficiently either. John Terry and Frank Lampard may now never have CL winner's medals, and that is truly for shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Lads- none of you know anything about football if u felt ramires Played well tonight. He was totally muck all night and deserved to be sent off. Feel free to thank each others posts saying he was great- he was ****e all night.

• Advertisement

At the time I brushed aside the Wilkins sacking, Now I'm beginning to affect the players, not over these 2 legs but when we fell apart before crimbo.

Lads- none of you know anything about football if u felt ramires Played well tonight. He was totally muck all night and deserved to be sent off. Feel free to thank each others posts saying he was great- he was ****e all night.

Thought he had an average game myself, he's guilty of holding onto the ball too long sometimes. Was always a worry when he got booked, his decision making isn't the best and he should have been subbed for Yossi well before he got sent off.

He was our best midfielder. Lamps, essien and malouda were chronic as usual. Why do you hate ramires so much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Rid tinted glasses can't even begin to describe it, bunch of biased f uckers, any Chelsea fan who calls it as it is is called a troll.

Absolutely, I wouldn't go near the MU thread or the match thread now that it's over - will just rile me up.

At the end of the day lads it is very dissapointing, but take away the hype and all the media BS - it's 22 men chasing a ball ...:)

Perhaps I have become immunised 'cos the past few years I have been gutted when we go out - even against Inter last year.

I honestly believe UEFA refs are under instruction to screw us ... Platini or someone up there hates us
    Also I think next season is our last chance as from then on we are banned from the comp - and maybe this is a good thing - at the end of the day the prem is a better comp. 38 games v 13 - Prem is the bread and butter - true champions win the league

Wilkins just said that Carlo wanted Torres in summer, can we get rid of this myth by certain people that he was a RA by.

smuckers wrote: »
    Wilkins just said that Carlo wanted Torres in summer, can we get rid of this myth by certain people that he was a RA by.

Wilkins said this before but the media and other fans make there own minds up about this nonsense.

• Advertisement

It's weird I don't feel as bad this year about getting knocked out. The last 2 years we were pretty dismal over the 2 legs, we haven't really cut it under Ancellotti in the CL which seems to be the very thing he was brought in for. 2008 was total agony, hit the bar twice only to eventually be deinied again by it on penalties. 2009, totally infuriating, the less said the better.

But all the pain and hearbreak of being a Chelsea fan, I'd never swap it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

:'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Thats a sackable offense right there considering Torres' form and injury problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Can't sack a man who won the double and let us witness the most entertaining, successful year in the club's history. Ancelotti and Chelsea are building for the future! Give the guy a chance. Carefree.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Rather than go into the match thread due to a high level of numpty...

Well played over the two legs, two good games of football, thought united shaded it over two legs. Biggest problem for chelsea as i see it is, 1)you don't know what your best team is and 2) don't know how to get the best out of your players.

I was delighted that Drogba didn't start, i thought it would have been the same team (barring Luiz) as at the weekend and bring on Torres with 30 to play.

That said i expect ye to be much stronger come august, regardless of who's in charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I just went on a mental rant on Twitter and I feel a hell of a lot better...

What now, lads? Secure 3rd and be done with it? Will carlo get the sack? What will that achieve? He won the title in his first season and was adored. Sacking him and bringing in someone else won't help matters at all.

Its gas that Danny And Fabio are out on loan and are thumping em in and yet our big earners are doing feck all. Serious quesions need to be asked about the squad.

Oh lads im bitterly disappointed and heart broken, but we may march on regardless.

G'wan Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm not a supporter of either club but I thought Ramires was one of Chelsea's best players. He, along with Malouda (for the 1st half) were the only players willing to drive the side on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Ancelotti had better be wary of men with customized umbrellas.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Your having a laugh and you are showing your ignorance again. Troll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

You have pretty much confirmed that when it comes to football you do not know very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Ramires was stunning tonight for Chelsea. By far and away their best player, he was running the show for the first 35 mins.

Just quit coming out with such utter **** and tarnishing the name of all our good fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Meh!

Who really thought we would win it? Every fan hoped we could do it in Wembley but it was pretty clear in December we weren't up to much this season. The odd win here or dropped points by rivals there gave us a glimmer of hope that we would snatch and clutch to.

Getting to a Wembley final and being beaten would have killed me. I'm not happy, but not too dissapointed either.

Secure third and then the squad can get that much needed break. It isn't just Torres that needs a break and pre season to get back into it. Essien, Lampard, Malouda, Cole, Alex all need time off.

The future is bright but change is on the horizon. Lampard won't be able to do 20+ a season anymore probably. Drogba will not play second fiddle. Anelka can go run back and forth from the box to the halfway line in the MLS and stop getting in the midfields way.

We need to play 4-3-3 and stick with it. Time to sign a winger. Alexis Sanchez please.

There is plenty of youth and experience in the team now. One or two additions and let a few go, freshen things up. It is time Fereira left. Sturridge must get game time. McEachran too.
    Cech
    Ivan - Terry - Luiz - Cole
    Essien
    Lampard - Ramires
    Malouda
    Sturridge
    Torres/Drogba

Alex, Bosingwa, Yossi, Mikel, Kalou, McEachran, Anelka, Zhirkov.

Keep Bruma, Van Annholt, Kakuta around. Get Borini to sign.

Sign a top winger and we are laughing.

Meh!

Who really thought we would win it? Every fan hoped we could do it in Wembley but it was pretty clear in December we weren't up to much this season. The odd win here or dropped points by rivals there gave us a glimmer of hope that we would snatch and clutch to.

Getting to a Wembley final and being beaten would have killed me. I'm not happy, but not too dissapointed either.

Secure third and then the squad can get that much needed break. It isn't just Torres that needs a break and pre season to get back into it. Essien, Lampard, Malouda, Cole, Alex all need time off.

The future is bright but change is on the horizon. Lampard won't be able to do 20+ a season anymore probably. Drogba will not play second fiddle. Anelka can go run back and forth from the box to the halfway line in the MLS and stop getting in the midfields way.

We need to play 4-3-3 and stick with it. Time to sign a winger. Alexis Sanchez please.

There is plenty of youth and experience in the team now. One or two additions and let a few go, freshen things up. It is time Fereira left. Sturridge must get game time. McEachran too.
    Cech
    Ivan - Terry - Luiz - Cole
    Essien
    Lampard - Ramires
    Malouda
    Sturridge
    Torres/Drogba

Alex, Bosingwa, Yossi, Mikel, Kalou, McEachran, Anelka, Zhirkov.

Keep Bruma, Van Annholt, Kakuta around. Get Borini to sign.

Sign a top winger and we are laughing.

Would love to see Sanchez too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Your having a laugh and you are showing your ignorance again. Troll

I'm a troll because I disagree with a few regulars? get real, I say what I see, and ramires was rubbish last night. A few eye catching runs doesnt make up for all the wayward passes etc

essien was nearly as bad though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I dont' care who you disagree with, you are wrong simple as that. Ramires was our best midfielder by a distance last night. In fact he has been since the turn of the season. He was the only midfielder to cause United any trouble last night. He misplaced one pass last night but made up for it several times in his own box making interventions. His passing has already improved enourmosley. Constantly switched play from the wings to try and create space. His pace when breaking was the only thing that was going to catch United on the break.
    Your looking at a 23 year old in his first season who will be one of the best CMs in the league without a doubt, but yet you only appear on here to criticise him. It's the only thing you ever post about and it's the same old bull all the time.
    There were 3 other midfielders on the pitch last night who played well below par with a lack of imagination and creativity, and where is your criticism of them? You show a complete lack of understanding of the game with comments above, and I call it as I see it, troll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Well that was very disappointing.

We had two good chances in the first 20 minutes and should have taken one of them. Anelka's effort was very close and then Lampards effort was tame. Also when Anelka tried to take it by VDS he was far too casual. I thought Lampard was shocking again, Essien not much better and the back 4 looked very shaky. Ramires was having a great game until he got sent off. Malouda had a good first half I thought but like most was poor in the second half.

Second half I thought Drogba was great, he was trying very hard skipping round United players when he got the ball and of course scored a lovely goal. Not holding that lead for more than a minute was devastating. Drogba is the only player that can come of that pitch with his head held high. Things could have been so different had Drogba started.

United looked comfortable overall and took there chances when they came. Ferreria coming on was very strange, he is hardly going to get you back into a game.

Anyway I believe we will back next year giving it a good go and now onto West Brom on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Honestly, where to now???? Serious question!

This season is now more or less a write off, lets just concentrate on finishing 3rd first and foremost but then?

Do we sack carlo, i don't think that it would be a bad thing the team don't look like they want to play under him IMO. We really need a manager who gets the team up for games again. Or is it a case of the team is only playing badly because Carlo is being forced to play Torres by roman.

My head hurts :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I can well believe that.

He probably felt a revitalised Torres was just what we needed.

However what I cant believe is his persistance in playing Torres long after everyone else realised he was so far off the pace that he would contribute nothing this season. Nearly every player , no matter how good, will warm the bench at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Ramires was running the show until he got sent off IMO....I thought malouda played very good also! & once again I'll repeat Drogba is the main man!!

Utd deserved it but its frustrating having being screwed over again by a bad ref decision!!,even more frustrating when you witness it live like me.....
    I think we'll get 2nd to be honest...I'd take that now & spend give the likes of Mceachran plently of gametime...Can't see it happenin tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

This season is now more or less a write off, lets just concentrate on finishing 3rd first and foremost but then?

Do we sack carlo, i don't think that it would be a bad thing the team don't look like they want to play under him IMO. We really need a manager who gets the team up for games again. Or is it a case of the team is only playing badly because Carlo is being forced to play Torres by roman.

I don't know if sacking Carlo will do any good or not but, I think the players used the same excuse with Scolari and Grant, the players need bringing in to RAs office, being explained to them THEY are the ones not performing, blaming poor tactics doesn't explain bad defending, poor efforts at goal, apparent lack of effort, reckless tackles. These are the same players, for the same manager, that did the double and all in the garden was rosy.

Players should shoulder at least half, probably a lot more, of Chelseas problems this year.

And regardless who wanted Torres, you can be sure if Roman has stumped up 50 million for a player he is going to expect him to be played.

Its a non event of a season, 3rd is no disaster.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Rather than go into the match thread due to a high level of numpty...

Well played over the two legs, two good games of football, thought united shaded it over two legs. Biggest problem for chelsea as i see it is, 1)you don't know what your best team is and 2) don't know how to get the best out of your players.

I was delighted that Drogba didn't start, i thought it would have been the same team (barring Luiz) as at the weekend and bring on Torres with 30 to play.

That said i expect ye to be much stronger come august, regardless of who's in charge.

Really?

I would be worried we'd be weaker, a lot of the players are getting older and I can't see us replacing them all in the summer with younger guys - and as good .

looong shot, look at what a disaster Torres is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If we get rid of Carlo that will solve nothing IMO. Also I dont think he is being forced to play Torres, for all we know Torres was doing exceptional all week in training and working in that formation with those players.

What we need is some stability and a bit of consistency, with tactics and personal. Wilkins touched on it last night, we used a 4-3-3 against Man Utd, but he refered to it as an X-mas tree 4-3-3

X

X
    X
    X
    X

X----X
    X

X
    X

X

Now forgive me if im wrong but that little X on the right hand side of the atatck is where Anelka seemed to play, my opinion is if Carlo goes with this formation in the future we're foooooked. Those two X's behind the striker should be for players that are creative and good on the ball and players that look to run at people and find a killer ball, we dont have that, well we do in yossi but he didnt feature.

If Carlo's idea of a 4-3-3 is an X-mas tree 4-3-2-1 then thats ok but Chelsea are better with the classic out wide, wingers variety of 4-3-3. WE dont have the players to play through the middle, it worked at AC milan for him because he had Kaka in one of those X's with a midfield of Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini.

im not having a go at Carlo, far be it from me to question his ability and tactical resolve but he should use the correct type of player in the relevant role to help the team.

Speaking of team, the players can hang their heads in shame, apart from Drog and Ramires everyone else was fairly muck.

Next season lads our CL heart ache will start again, we have a tricky trip to the Hawthorns ahead of us and if we dont win our players and oursleves will be fearing dropping out of 4th.

I hope Roman gives Carlo another season and let him get a decent pre season under his belt. Id like to see the players that stay put in 100% and not act like brats and spoilt kids, we cant blame Roman/Carlo or the coaching staff for everything.

P.S. United deserved it over 2 legs even though it pains me to say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I really don't understand why Drogba didn't start, he looked really up for it when he came on and with it being his 300th game for Chelsea he was bound to have a big say in the game.

300th game 143rd goal. Going to miss him when he leaves, one of the best strikers this club has ever seen.

_42612423_drogba2_getty300.jpg

• Advertisement

jcf wrote: »

Thats terrible, we all know Winston Bogarde wouldnt have a job, not one that he was expected to do anyway.

Bogarde would be in charge of taking in and putting out the corner flags for games. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

jcf wrote: »
    Really?

I would be worried we'd be weaker, a lot of the players are getting older and I can't see us replacing them all in the summer with younger guys - and as good .

looong shot, look at what a disaster Torres is.

I think your team needs a rest and a fresh run at things. I also thing the manager whoever it is, needs to sort out what he can get from palyers. Last night it was obvious to anyone that the system in the first half does not suit Torres. It's obvious that Ramieres is better inside too, also if he had a poor game i'd be terrified to see him play a good one.

So either he changes the system to suit his players or they adapt to it by experience and new signings. I can't see him changing the system he's used pretty much throughout his career (this is assuming Carlo stays) so i expect some attack minded wide players and Drogba to go.
    Johner wrote: »
    Well that was very disappointing.

We had two good chances in the first 20 minutes and should have taken one of them. Anelka's effort was very close and then Lampards effort was tame. Also when Anelka tried to take it by VDS he was far too casual. I thought Lampard was shocking again, Essien not much better and the back 4 looked very shaky. Ramires was having a great game until he got sent off. Malouda had a good first half I thought but like most was poor in the second half.

Second half I thought Drogba was great, he was trying very hard skipping round United players when he got the ball and of course scored a lovely goal. Not holding that lead for more than a minute was devastating. Drogba is the only player that can come of that pitch with his head held high. Things could have been so different had Drogba started.

United looked comfortable overall and took there chances when they came. Ferreria coming on was very strange, he is hardly going to get you back into a game.

Anyway I believe we will back next year giving it a good go and now onto West Brom on Saturday.

I agree with this, i usually do agree with you though. Drog should have started. I think i've said in here it should have been the same team as at the weekend and introduce Torres at the hoour mark.

Also taking off Anelka was a mistake.

I really don't understand why Drogba didn't start, he looked really up for it when he came on and with it being his 300th game for Chelsea he was bound to have a big say in the game.

300th game 143rd goal. Going to miss him when he leaves, one of the best strikers this club has ever seen.

Best striker at the club in my nearly 2 decades of supporting the club, IMO of course.

It really is a case of not known waht you had until its gone with the Drog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11668_6869094,00.html

Atletico saying they have had bids from both United and Chelsea for David De Gea. Strange one, would have thought a new goalkeeper would not have been a priority.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11668_6869094,00.html

Atletico saying they have had bids from both United and Chelsea for David De Gea. Strange one, would have thought a new goalkeeper would not have been a priority.

Seen it an hour ago, dont think there is any truth in it TBH.

Cech has had his best season since the injury IMO and with Delac on loan at Vitesse I dont think we need to spend 20 odd million on De Gea unless Cech is leaving and I seriously doubt he will go anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

gavredking wrote: »
    Thats terrible, we all know Winston Bogarde wouldnt have a job, not one that he was expected to do anyway.

Bogarde would be in charge of taking in and putting out the corner flags for games. :pac:
    Countdown is well under way now lads.

If Torres starts he will score tonight, I'm so confident of it happening, that if it shouldnt happen i will not post in the Chelsea thread until the last game of the season is over.

Come on Torres, I know you can do it tonight.

CAREFREE
    Change your mind?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

5531589491_1dc41fd669_b.jpg

Chelsea 1932

Shot of the day yesterday. Really cool pic.

amiable wrote: »
    Change your mind?:D

Forgot about that :o

Well Torres, you better score soon or else........:D

I'll catch ye all after the last game of the season.

< Shakes fist at Torres, damn you >

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Forgot about that :o

Well Torres, you better score soon or else........:D

I'll catch ye all after the last game of the season.

< Shakes fist at Torres, damn you >

:pac:
    Only winding you up.
    Thats what supporters do like you did yesterday.
    Get behind their team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

_42612423_drogba2_getty300.jpg

I know the overwhelming feeling by everyone is that Drogba should have started, but nobody knows how he would have played from the start.

He might have played so well last night because he was out to prove that he should not have been on the bench in the first place. I think that highly motivated him last night, and I'm not sure if he would have had the same impact from the start.

Say for arguments sake he scored twice in the second half and it finished 1-2 on the night(could have easily happened the way he was playing), Ancelloti would have been hailed as a genius for bringing on a fired up, out to prove a point Drogba.

Although before last night I was surprised to see him on the bench and I think it was the incorrect decision, I think some people are maybe are getting on Ancelloti's back a bit too much. He may very well of had gotten the best out of Drogba last night and 1 half of Drogba plaing amazing is better than two halves of the subdued 'I don't give a fuck' ****e he is capable of showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Kinda wanna say a clear out is needed but be sad to see certain players go.I think we should start using some fringe players for the remaining few games.Give Josh a good few games.Think people like Torres just wanna get this season over with knuckle down during the summer and start fresh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement