Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

amiable wrote: »
    Only winding you up.
    Thats what supporters do like you did yesterday.
    Get behind their team

I was backing Chelsea and trying to personally back Torres, which doesn't matter a fcuk really to him or the club what one person on the internet does or say.

I'm still going keep my self imposed Chelsea superthread ban but as soon as Torres scores I'll post it here.

Here's hoping he scores this season and Roman doesn't get an itchy trigger finger and sell him,I wont be posting in the Chelsea thread no more :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

We were well beaten over two legs by Man U and can have no complaints , lost to the better team.

The dawn of a new era is upon us and hopefully we will see a lot of our big name over paid/hyped players biding us fare well, mind you many thanks for the fond memories Lampard and Co.

On Carlo , I was maybe somewhat hasty calling for his head earlier in the season and thinking about it last night I think the man deservers another season to try and build his own Chelsea team/Legacy .

KTBFFH :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I know the overwhelming feeling by everyone is that Drogba should have started, but nobody knows how he would have played from the start.

He might have played so well last night because he was out to prove that he should not have been on the bench in the first place. I think that highly motivated him last night, and I'm not sure if he would have had the same impact from the start.

Say for arguments sake he scored twice in the second half and it finished 1-2 on the night(could have easily happened the way he was playing), Ancelloti would have been hailed as a genius for bringing on a fired up, out to prove a point Drogba.

Although before last night I was surprised to see him on the bench and I think it was the incorrect decision, I think some people are maybe are getting on Ancelloti's back a bit too much. He may very well of had gotten the best out of Drogba last night and 1 half of Drogba plaing amazing is better than two halves of the subdued 'I don't give a fuck' ****e he is capable of showing.

excellent post , its a shame the lad just does not turn up every game and needs to fired up to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

On ancelotti, I want him to stay, last year was incredible, record goal scoring, absolutely amazing.

But what concerns me about him is......
    1. He refuses to give youth a proper chance and sticks with players even when they are out of form (not just torres but drogs and anelka earlier in the season). Sturridge is a classic example, many fans were calling for danny to be played ahead of anelka and drogs before we signed torres but it did not happen, big mistake imo.

2. he seems to fail to fire this team up enough before games, how many times do we go 1 down before we actually start trying, its frustrating.

3. He seems to be not interested in wingers (italian way perhaps). We are desperately in need of proper wingers to play left and right of torres and drogba.

These are just some of the things which worry me about carlo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Let's not delude ourselves here, people. Why was ANYTHING done since Roman Abramovich took over Chelsea in 2003??? To win the Champions League. Ranieri was dispatched and Mourinho brought in to win the CL. Drogba, Duff, Robben, Crespo, Shevchenko, Torres, etc. etc. etc. were all brought in to win the CL. Scolari was also given the nod to try and win the Champions League. This is why Carlo Ancelotti was brought in, no other reason.

Now there is talk of C.A. being given the chop. Can't say I'm surprised at the rumours, but if this happens..... who in the name of Christ is going to be brought in to replace him? Chelsea had an excellent manager in the form of Claudio Ranieri, but he was replaced by one of the best (if not the best) club managers in the world. When José failed to win the Champions League (and clashed one time too many with R.A.), he was given the chop, and now Chelsea are on something like their 7th manager in the space of 7 years or something.

Carlo Ancelotti is one of the finest managers in world football, and given some more time, I believe he could deliver the Holy Grail to Stamford Bridge. He has only been at the club for under 2 seasons, and in a meteoric first season he delivered a historic Double for Chelsea, something that had never been done before. While the stumbling block was once again the Champions League, this was a brilliant season for Chelsea.

This season, things have gone to easily the worst, most embarrassing defence of a title ever. Perhaps that is a bit over the top, but it is still incredible how (more or less) the same team of players could wilt so badly. But certain well known factors played their part, and now Chelsea will have to be happy with a very poor runners-up spot in the League as their only prize (and that is provided Arsenal slip up somewhere!!!)

But to think that this means C.A. must go is madness. The Chelsea squad has now been strengthened with the introduction of several new players and is now relatively injury-free. Next season can be a grand unveiling for a new and improved Chelsea, with youth and experience both playing a huge role. But this can only come if there is stability, and if yet another new manager is introduced into the fold, that stability is gone.

And if we have a look at potential new managers, who is there?! There are very few top-class managers out there who are free and would be able to come to Chelsea at the moment. Frank Rijkaard possibly, but he has fallen a lot in my estimation. Guus Hiddink on a permanent basis, perhaps? The return of The Special One (highly unlikely given the history and that he is most likely going to walk into Old Trafford within a few years or so)? There are very few out there that would be up for the job, IMO.

Let's hope the board does nothing too rash and that it can all be left well enough alone...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

excellent post , its a shame the lad just does not turn up every game and needs to fired up to play
    That's why we bought Torres, to have a reinvigorated Drogba! That is worth €50m

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Number Nine

p6c93h.jpg
    5oxpeh.jpg

Thursday Interview with Ramires from ChelseaFC.com

Tuesday night's red card and the subsequent exit from the Champions League cast an unfortunate shadow on the recent form of Ramires.
    Even at Old Trafford, prior to his dismissal on 70 minutes, the Brazilian won tackle after tackle and gave his side an attacking impetus from the right of midfield. Although it was ultimately fruitless, the 24-year-old's performance gave further evidence of his continuing improvement.

For many of his team-mates it was the latest in a series of Champions League disappointments, but for Ramires, it was a first crack at it in only his second season of European football having joined Benfica from Cruzeiro in the summer of 2009.

'I knew it was going to be tough against Manchester United, even the first leg at home but no-one expected that first defeat,' he admitted. 'It meant the game at Old Trafford would be massive but we had the quality to go there and get the result.

'The Champions League is a totally different competition; you can see by the names of the clubs involved the quality you expect as you get towards the end.

'Every team has massive qualities and massive names, so when you look at the Europa League, people do talk about it, but the Champions League is at another level completely, all around the world.'

It must have been difficult to acclimatise to life at Stamford Bridge this season. Coming into a Double-winning side that began the season in top gear, Ramires was put under pressure early as he had to cope with the burden of running the midfield in the absence of both Frank Lampard and Michael Essien.

Carlo Ancelotti and Michael Emenalo have both recently praised his contribution during a season when team form has dropped below the level expected, and although there was frustration with the red card at United, it is unlikely it will be held against him when his progress is measured.
    Consider the loss of possession against Manchester City in September that led to Carlos Tevez's goal, and the way the midfielder skipped around two City defenders at Stamford Bridge to seal an important victory a few weeks back and you can see the way he has got to grips with the English game.

'From when I arrived, I came to help Chelsea,' points out the Rio-born number 7. 'I am happy that I have improved and have been growing, thanks to the other players and the staff who have welcomed me very well and gave me a lot of support.

'Ever since I arrived Carlo Ancelotti has shown a lot of confidence in my job, and gave me time to adapt in the beginning, to gain confidence myself, and to hear that from the coach is pleasing. I always try to do my best on the pitch, and when I show what I can do it is good to get positive comments, not just from the coach but also from colleagues.
    'After the City game I replayed the goal four or five times but I haven't watched it since, and more than ever now I still have to keep my feet on the ground and know I have a lot to improve, but I also have a lot more to offer in the future, and it is more important that Chelsea are competing to make the supporters proud, and bringing the success that this club deserves.'

For the first time since 2006 there is no cup final to look forward to, which means all our focus going into the final seven league games of the campaign and finishing as high up the league table as possible.
    For Ramires it is likely to mean continuing in his role on the right of midfield, a role many believed was new to him under Ancelotti but is in fact one he flourished in last season during his year with Benfica.

'I was doing the same in Portugal, so it is not like it is a new position for me,' he explains, still speaking through an interpreter in a busy Cobham canteen. 'When the team is defending I try to close down the midfield, and when we are attacking I have to open up to give more space to the more creative players and be available out wide.

'It is not new, but even if it was, I would try to adapt and I am always trying to learn more. It is not exactly the same as at Benfica but it is nothing new to play there. At Benfica, Angel Di Maria was on the left, as a winger, and there was only one holding midfielder in front of the defence, so there are many similarities.'

Over the past couple of months, Ramires has been joined at Chelsea by another of the Benfica side that won their first league championship in five years last term, David Luiz. A fellow Brazilian international, the defender seems to have taken to life in England like the proverbial duck to water.
    'David Luiz is a joker,' Ramires offers, smiling the broad grin that accompanies the thought of his bubble-haired team-mate, who has amused players and staff at Cobham with his quick grasp of English.

'It has been easy for him to adapt, not just inside the pitch but outside as well,' continued the wiry midfield man. 'He is a player with a good heart and his adaptation depends on his individuality. If he came with his head down and didn't show a lot he would have problems, but he came with his head high willing to show what he could do and wanted to make himself successful.'

Just like himself however, he knows the defender can still improve, despite the Player of the Month award he picked up last month.
    'Coming from the Portuguese league to the English league is not easy. In Portugal it was a case of going and winning the ball quickly and attacking, whereas in England because it is quicker you have to try to be more composed and hold your position before you can win the ball,' Ramires says.

'But in training David Luiz talks a lot with Ivanovic, Terry and Alex to understand more about the reading of the game. He is an intelligent guy with great ability and soon he will be reading the game well. It is all about training and improving in training, it can only get better.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Thats the bit that worries me.
    How detached are the board from the realities of running a successful epl outfit? How in thrall are they to RA's quest to win the CL and will they make all their decisions based on that knowledge of their paymaster?
    DazMarz wrote: »

Let's hope the board does nothing too rash and that it can all be left well enough alone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

TICKET PRICES ANNOUNCED
    Posted on: Thu 14 Apr 2011

Chelsea Football Club today announced a new pricing structure for all non-hospitality tickets at Stamford Bridge for the 2011/12 season.

Prices will remain frozen for the majority of home games (category A & B).

This will not include fixtures against Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham (category AA).

As a result of consultation with the Fans' Forum a number of changes to next season's ticketing policy have been made.

These include the age group for junior concessions increasing one year to under 17s. It is the club's intention to extend this to under 18s for the 2012/13 season. Supporters on the UEFA away scheme will now not be removed from the scheme if they miss one match.

There will continue to be a discount scheme for FA Cup and Carling Cup games. Tickets for FA Cup matches will cost £30 for adults and £15 for juniors and senior citizens, while Carling Cup games will cost £25 and £12.50.

These schemes have helped keep Stamford Bridge at capacity for all matches this season.

Chief executive Ron Gourlay said: 'We believe the new ticket prices strike the right balance between the commercial needs of the club and value for money for our fans.

'We have taken on board the supporters' wishes to help younger fans by extending our concessions from under 16s to under 17s and we fully intend to increase by a further year in the following season.

'Our prices are competitive when set against our rivals and our season tickets in particular represent a significant saving compared to the equivalent cost of purchasing matchday tickets.'

Tickets for matches will go on sale 42 days in advance instead of the current 28 days.

Disabled season-ticket holders will continue to come to games free of charge, along with their personal assistants.

The deadline for returning season-ticket forms is Friday 20 May at 5pm.

Not much change, prices are too high imo.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Not much change, prices are too high imo.

One thing I would love is a bigger capacity, I think in the log term we need at least a 60,000 stadium.

Im not sure expanding on the current site is possible to allow us to reach that figure but I think for revenue we need it.

What says you fellow Chelsea fans, would you welcome a new stadium and possible move or would you stay at the Bridge or what do ya think about a possible expansion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Moving means we can't be called Chelsea anymore. There is a few sites suitable but I would rather stay at the Bridge, knock the hotel and expand.

Moving means we can't be called Chelsea anymore. There is a few sites suitable but I would rather stay at the Bridge, knock the hotel and expand.

Moving wouldnt bother me so much once it wasnt far ( a few miles tops ) but I dont think there is any site close that we could buy, re-develop and build a new stadium.

Knocking the hotel may increase capacity but I dont think it would be a huge jump but at the moment it seems to be the most logical choice to expand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

So difficult to get any kind of planning from an unfriendly council, knocking the Hotel down may not be that easy to get permission for.

Maybe they will have to end up in Earls Court, still in the same borough. Not what any fan wants I dont think, but the current capacity is holding them back, and something will have to be done to grow the club.

I don't go over that much but Stamford Bridge is a fantastic ground with great atmosphere. I'm not mad about these giant bowls which hold 70,000+ - they lack atmoshere and are very impersonal. Still I know we can't compete long term against teams pulling in crowds which are about twice the size of ours.
    gavredking wrote: »
    Moving wouldnt bother me so much once it wasnt far ( a few miles tops ) but I dont think there is any site close that we could buy, re-develop and build a new stadium.

Knocking the hotel may increase capacity but I dont think it would be a huge jump but at the moment it seems to be the most logical choice to expand.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    So difficult to get any kind of planning from an unfriendly council, knocking the Hotel down may not be that easy to get permission for.

Maybe they will have to end up in Earls Court, still in the same borough. Not what any fan wants I dont think, but the current capacity is holding them back, and something will have to be done to grow the club.

I agree, without a big capacity, and I mean 60K plus, we wont progress to much, look at Arsenal, they moved from Highbury to the Emirates and IMO the Emirates is one of the finest stadiums I've been too and so modern too.
    bullpost wrote: »
    I don't go over that much but Stamford Bridge is a fantastic ground with great atmosphere. I'm not mad about these giant bowls which hold 70,000+ - they lack atmoshere and are very impersonal. Still I know we can't compete long term against teams pulling in crowds which are about twice the size of ours.

I dont think we need a bowl and IMO atmosphere is subjective to the fans and results and performances in most cases but surely its something that Roman has considered since taking over the club, a new stadium that is.

My one grip is that if we do get a new stadium it will be called after a company to help funding.

But we have to have a bigger capacity, if we had a stadium with about 60K seats we would still sell it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

gavredking wrote: »
    Countdown is well under way now lads.

If Torres starts he will score tonight, I'm so confident of it happening, that if it shouldnt happen i will not post in the Chelsea thread until the last game of the season is over.

Come on Torres, I know you can do it tonight.

CAREFREE

You not sticking to that?

RasTa wrote: »
    You not sticking to that?

I'll be back :cool:

At the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

As touched on above doesn't the Chelsea Pitch Owners thing mean that a move away from the Bridge means a move away from the Chelsea Football Club name(we can only use the name Chelsea as long as we're at the Bridge),

I'm for staying at the Bridge be it as it is or knocking/remodeling certain parts, though that is no easy task.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'd go with the redevelopment of Stamford Bridge too. We need it one way or another if we plan on being sustainable.
    Ticket revenue along with youth development are for me the 2 most fundamentally important parts of a self sufficient football club. Its time we started investing in those areas rather than spending fortunes on players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Essien wrote: »
    I'd go with the redevelopment of Stamford Bridge too. We need it one way or another if we plan on being sustainable.
    Ticket revenue along with youth development are for me the 2 most fundamentally important parts of a self sufficient football club. Its time we started investing in those areas rather than spending fortunes on players.

If only we could get rid of that pesky railway!
    Maybe Roman could just buy the damm thing and then close it down.
    Or re-route it via Fulham

Renaming?

How about "We are Chelsea - considerably richer than you - sponsored by Perrier"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

How about "We are Chelsea - considerably richer than you - sponsored by Perrier"
    Chelsea aren't even the richest club in West London;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Alex annd Rambo injured, Carlo doesn't know if he'll be here next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Also practically said that McEachran will not be not be involved with first team at all this Season!

superfrank wrote: »
    Also practically said that McEachran will not be not be involved with first team at all this Season!

Now that is disappointing. I would have thought we now have the perfect opportunity to play a few of the youngsters. Give Essien and a few others a rest. I know we could get 2nd, but what an opportunity. Pressures off, so to speak.

• Advertisement

Chelsea aren't even the richest club in West London;)

Really? Not even with our new AA game ratings for Man U etc.
    It'll cost £82 quid to see them now in the west upper -an increase of £12 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

superfrank wrote: »

is there a link to the press conference or what he said? even if he's not starting josh or the younger guys id like with whatever games are left to have them on the bench and introduce them if were winning comfortably!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    is there a link to the press conference or what he said? even if he's not starting josh or the younger guys id like with whatever games are left to have them on the bench and introduce them if were winning comfortably!

Still have to make sure of CL qualification apparently

JOSH McEachran will have to wait until next season for more first-team opportunities as Chelsea look to secure a top-four finish. McEachran is widely tipped to be a future star at Stamford Bridge and made his debut last September in the Blues 4-1 win over MSK Zilina last September.
    But with Chelsea fighting to secure qualification for next season’s Champions League, boss Carlo Ancelotti says it would be unfair to throw McEachran into the breach.
    Ancelotti said: “Now is the same situation as in November when we had a problem and we didn’t have the possibility to give the young players the opportunity to play.

"This is a very strong moment for us and we need to have players with experience. To give this responsibility to the young players is not right – it is not the right moment."
    The 18-year-old midfielder captained Chelsea U18s to victory in the first-leg of their FA Youth Cup semi-final with Manchester United last Sunday.
    And now the Blues boss wants McEachran to focus on the return leg at Old Trafford next Wednesday evening and concentrate on breaking into the first-team next season.
    Ancelotti added: “Josh is a fantastic young player. He stayed with us all of this season and now will be involved in the semi-final of the youth cup against Man United.
    “He is growing and we have to think to give him more chance for the next season.”
    McEachran is expected to push for a first-team place next term with Daniel Sturridge who has impressed while on-loan at Bolton Wanderers.

Really? Not even with our new AA game ratings for Man U etc.
    It'll cost £82 quid to see them now in the west upper -an increase of £12 :eek:
    No not even with those ticket prices.
    In my experience Chelsea have nearly always been the most expensive for tickets in England or in and around the most.
    But still not the club in West London with the most money:D

As long as we are the West London club with most success I won't lose any sleep over it :D
    No not even with those ticket prices.
    In my experience Chelsea have nearly always been the most expensive for tickets in England or in and around the most.
    But still not the club in West London with the most money:D

• Advertisement

bullpost wrote: »
    As long as we are the West London club with most success I won't lose any sleep over it :D
    That wouldn't be impossible but you've set your targets really high to be the most successful club in west London

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

5532182296_3379545732_z.jpg

Shot of the Day 1974

Chopper gets Stan Bowles.

I used to love Ron Harris.
    Only player he never kicked was George Best because as Ron says
    " I couldn't catch him"

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

Ironic how fan's opinions change so quickly!!

chelseamanager.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Rafa topping the poll?!
    I'd be happier with Mick McCarthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Ironic how fan's opinions change so quickly!!

chelseamanager.jpg
    that's the opinion of liverpool fans :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

IF RA was to hire Rafa, thats a big IF, I could see why 1 he knows how to get the best out of Torres, who unquestionably flourished under him and became one of the best strikers in the world and 2 he has CL pedigree, winning it in 2005 as well as doing well in recent years too

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

TheTosh wrote: »
    IF RA was to hire Rafa, thats a big IF, I could see why 1 he knows how to get the best out of Torres, who unquestionably flourished under him and became one of the best strikers in the world and 2 he has CL pedigree, winning it in 2005 as well as doing well in recent years too

Hmmmmm??? No thanks. There would end my 41 years supporting my team. A fluked CL, 2 holding midfielders, personality of a newt - no thanks. Horrible, horrible thought.

Hmmmmm??? No thanks. There would end my 41 years supporting my team. A fluked CL, 2 holding midfielders, personality of a newt - no thanks. Horrible, horrible thought.

Done more in 1 season in Europe with more than team than Chelsea have in their existence :rolleyes:

Holding midfielders? LOL. I actually remember Liverpool outscoring Chelsea in the league while he was manager in the 2 out of the 3 season that he employed that tactic.

Actually the above picture was a question asked to general football fans, but asked Chelsea fans to answer, not Liverpool fans. Be interesting to see what the Chelsea fans on here want, or who they actually think they will get. Just remind yourselves before your answer that if I was a top-class manager, I would not like an owner trying to pick the team/call the shots. ( as rumoured )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Done more in 1 season in Europe with more than team than Chelsea have in their existence :rolleyes:

Holding midfielders? LOL. I actually remember Liverpool outscoring Chelsea in the league while he was manager in the 2 out of the 3 season that he employed that tactic.

Actually the above picture was a question asked to general football fans, but asked Chelsea fans to answer, not Liverpool fans. Be interesting to see what the Chelsea fans on here want, or who they actually think they will get. Just remind yourselves before your answer that if I was a top-class manager, I would not like an owner trying to pick the team/call the shots. ( as rumoured )

err, ancelotti has achieved more than rafa in europe and in the league so why the fook would we bring in rafa, we have a far superior manager at the moment. Most chelsea fans including me want carlo to stay and despite the constant media bullcrap I actually think he will stay, remember that this is the man roman wanted for the job. I am not so sure he will be sacked, who exactly bar mourinhno could he bring in thats better, no one. The squad needs some new faces, not nececerily massive investment just some younger and hungry creative players. Its the players that are the problem, not the coach, I dont believe any other manager could be more succesful than carlo with this current group of players.

I can absolutely guarantee that that poll was not open to chelsea fans only, there is no way chelsea fans would have voted for rafa ahead of the likes of hiddink, its just not possible.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    err, ancelotti has achieved more than rafa in europe and in the league so why the fook would we bring in rafa, we have a far superior manager at the moment. Most chelsea fans including me want carlo to stay and despite the constant media bullcrap I actually think he will stay, remember that this is the man roman wanted for the job. I am not so sure he will be sacked, who exactly bar mourinhno could he bring in thats better, no one. The squad needs some new faces, not nececerily massive investment just some younger and hungry creative players. Its the players that are the problem, not the coach, I dont believe any other manager could be more succesful than carlo with this current group of players.

Fair enough. I'm only going on the general consensus, but if you think he will stay, then grand. As for the Rafa comment, I was referring to the above statement that Rafa "fluked" the CL win.
    MUSEIST wrote: »
    I can absolutely guarantee that that poll was not open to chelsea fans only, there is no way chelsea fans would have voted for rafa ahead of the likes of hiddink, its just not possible.

Yes it was open to everyone, as I said. But it did say that it was form Chelsea fans so surely the majority voe would be from them.

• Advertisement

For football fans in general to answer - but on a Chelsea forum. I can tell you now - there would be a riot and tearing up of season tickets IF it ever happened. There's a good reason - we all wanted Rafa to stay at Liverpool.

Aha - you're referrring to the football 365 poll. Sooooo obviously infiltrated by people who would think it hilarious if Rafa went to Chelsea. anyway - relax - ye've got yer King and Rafa will turn up at functions etc.

Aha - you're referrring to the football 365 poll. Sooooo obviously infiltrated by people who would think it hilarious if Rafa went to Chelsea. anyway - relax - ye've got yer King and Rafa will turn up at functions etc.

King, soon to be Sir King. Actually how do you say that properly?

Turn up at functions, do the double over most of the biggest teams in EPL + Europe, ya whatever is easiest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

King, soon to be Sir King. Actually how do you say that properly?

Turn up at functions, do the double over most of the biggest teams in EPL + Europe, ya whatever is easiest.
    Well he isn't a king so it wouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Rafa inherited a team that won the CL and then spent the next 4 or 5 years making the team worse and worse until LFC failed to qualify for CL!

As a reward, he was given the job of managing the CL champions and guess what? He made them rubbish too.

No thanks Rafa.

It'd be nice if Chelsea had someone they could call King
    But they don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The team for today won't be known until an hour before kick off. Carlo hasn't decided who to play Torres, Drogba, or both up front.
    Link

I'd be tempted to leave Torres on the bench for a few games, only bringing him on when a game is won.
    We need to cement a place in the top four now first and foremost.

Its a moot point whether giving Torres any game time between now and the end of the season will have any positives.

The team must come first. torres can be rehabilitated during the close season .

papagormo wrote: »
    The team for today won't be known until an hour before kick off. Carlo hasn't decided who to play Torres, Drogba, or both up front.
    Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

It'd be nice if Chelsea had someone they could call King
    But they don't

ancelotti.jpg
    KING CARLO

I for one, Hope he stays!! Double in the first Season while playing nice attractive football!! Things haven't gone as well in this season, but he deserves most time ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement