Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Le King wrote: »
    He's not like Essien all that much. Don't know where all these comparisons are from.
    He's a box-to-box midfielder, same as Essien. It's also where he plays for Brazil in their WC Qualifying campaign (if Elano wasn't playing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I imagine Ramieres is one of those 2

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Scott Sinclair set to move to Blackpool on loan, maybe the last we see of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Scott Sinclair set to move to Blackpool on loan, maybe the last we see of him.

i hope to god it is, surely breaking records for loan spells at this stage and from what ive seen he's been rubbish wherever he's gone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Le King wrote: »
    He's not like Essien all that much. Don't know where all these comparisons are from.

I think the comparison with a young Essien is rather apt in that at the moment he's an all round midfilder who could just as easily develop into a class attacking midfielder as much as he could grow into becoming a class defensive midfielder. He's raw talent that just needs to be moulded now with good coaching.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I think the comparison with a young Essien is rather apt in that at the moment he's an all round midfilder who could just as easily develop into a class attacking midfielder as much as he could grow into becoming a class defensive midfielder. He's raw talent that just needs to be moulded now with good coaching.

He certainly seems to have an eye for goal. Far more so than Mikel or what Matic has shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

gavredking wrote: »
    SERIOUS!!!!

What are you on sometimes?? At first I thought it was a funny joke, "oh look at the pesimistic poster, making some crazy predictions "

Relegation?? How do you even think that would happen, if we lose all our 1st team in some plane crash or sell them all off we are not gooing to get relegated on some pre-season result when players are still coming back from holidays and only picking up the tempo of the professional game.

Next you wil be telling us if Man Utd beat us in the Community Shield that they will win the league with 38 wins from 38 scoring 1,000 goals and that Chelsea will be playing in the Blue square Premier League.

Seriously, get a grip.

On a side note, hopefully the Ramieres deal is sorted soon. Get him in the squad and used to the Chelsea system in time for the big kick off.

I always thought he was regarded as a CM who could play anywhere in midfield if he had to. Bit like Essien.
    Gimmick is gone stale by now tbh. Re-invent yourself or risk becoming a SOTS-level parody of yourself.

WARNING : DO NOT FEED THE TROLL .. ;)

Please don't take me seriously, you should know by now
    what to take seriously and what to take with a pinch of salt.

OF COURSE I don't honestly fear relagation next season COME ON !!!

just saying it was shocking defending, and Terry needs to cop on , he needs to move on from the WC disaster .

EDIT - what is SOTS ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Someone either slap em or hand him an infraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

only 561 posts
    ye just have nout to worry about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well with the Ramieres deal looking all but done what do we reckon for next season from Carlo and Chelsea??

Do we go 4-4-2 diamond like we started last season and had to change or do we go 4-3-3 in what we have grown used to over the last few years?

I personally think carlo will stick with 4-3-3 and push Malouda to wide left of the attacking 3, with Drogba through the middle and Kalou/Anelka from the right. this will allow Ramieres, Essien and Lampard to play in the middle.

Although at the other end of things he could choose the diamond and have Ramieres play on the right of it with Malouda left and Essien holding with Frank at the tip.

Also we have Yossi, who would fit in and play at the top of the diamond or from either flank in the 4-3-3.

Exciting times ahead.

Also, I believe Ramieres will become a hit if he can adjust to the EPL in his first few games and keep it up. Its easier said then done but he looks like a good player who will get better, as said previous, hes a bit of an all round midfielder but his best work is from the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I can see him being used as a DM, alternating with Mikel. Think we'll probably stick with a 4-3-3 with a Lampard/Essien central MF pairing. Malouda/Zhirkov wide left, Anelka/Kalou/Yossi wide right and Drogba/Anelka up front. I think Carlo will try 4-4-2 diamond again this season but we'll use the 4-3-3 in the majority of matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

the_monkey wrote: »
    Please don't take me seriously, you should know by now

Ha, never have, never will.;)

EDIT - what is SOTS

SOTS > You.

SOTS > All of us tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ha, never have, never will.;)

SOTS > You.

SOTS > All of us tbh.

SOTS: Spirtoftheseventies:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055912872

Was there not a lad called JackDaw also, although I dont think I caught much of that lads offerings .

HAS CARLO PICKED HIS SIDE?
    Posted on: Tue 03 Aug 2010

The mini-tour rolls on to Hamburg this afternoon, where Chelsea will play the second of two friendlies against German opposition tomorrow evening.

Carlo Ancelotti told Chelsea TV after the Eintracht Frankfurt game on Sunday that against Hamburg he hopes to start the side that will line up against Manchester united on Sunday in the Community Shield.

During Tuesday's open training session, that seemed to suggest a start at right-back for Paulo Ferreira, with Branislav Ivanovic drafted inside next to John Terry with Ashley Cole at left-back, a defence with only 45 minutes of action so far per man.

In midfield, the presence of Michael Essien continues to be a blessing following his seven months out, and he has shown plenty of form in his three pre-season games to suggest he'll be given the nod alongside the evergreen Frank Lampard and John Mikel Obi, who has also recovered well from injury.

In attack, it appears there will be another three World Cup players, the same three that began Sunday's game against Frankfurt - Salomon Kalou, Nicolas Anelka and Florent Malouda.

Looking like a strong line up for the game today, let's hope we put in a decent performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

fairly strong line up there. has the keeper been picked?
    and Boswinga, is he injury free and fully fit?
    hope to see Yossi at some stage, and Ramires if the deals done and a few training sessions in by then.

Ive a feeling we will be seeing Kakuta today :D

22 Ross Turnbull
    19 Paulo Ferreira
    2 Branislav Ivanovic
    26 John Terry (c)
    3 Ashley Cole
    5 Michael Essien
    12 John Mikel Obi
    8 Frank Lampard
    21 Salomon Kalou
    39 Nicolas Anelka
    15 Florent Malouda

Subs: Hilario, Sam Walker, Michael Mancienne, Ricardo Carvalho, Jeffrey Bruma, Patrick van Aanholt, Yury Zhirkov, Nemanja Matic, Yossi Benayoun, Josh McEachran, Gael Kakuta, Scott Sinclair, Didier Drogba, Fabio Borini.

Big game needed today.

right, probable silly question, how do ye get to see the games? are they on a channel or are ye getting them online?

• Advertisement

Probably streams of it but I'm watching on Chelsea Tv

Few links http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=80663&part=sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Hopefully no injuries today for either side. Strong team out for you lads.
    papagormo wrote: »
    right, probable silly question, how do ye get to see the games? are they on a channel or are ye getting them online?

It's on Chelsea TV.
    Or you can watch it online here: http://www.justin.tv/vip_wwe_1

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Hopefully no injuries today for either side. Strong team out for you lads.

It's on Chelsea TV.
    Or you can watch it online here: http://www.justin.tv/vip_wwe_1

Any idea of Hamburg's line out? Is it a full strength or close to it?

Johner wrote: »
    Any idea of Hamburg's line out? Is it a full strength or close to it?

Close enough. Elia, Jansen and Kacar aren't playing afaik.

Oh it's on now. Thought it was on at 6.:o

Not sure about that away jersey at all...will still probably get it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Hamburg without the 5 World Cup Semifinalists/Finalists ... Mathiisen, Elia, Trochowski, Aogo and Jansen. New signing Kacar also missing.

The rest probably the currently best 11 without those 6.

Not sure about that away jersey at all...wil still probably get it though

I kinda like it. :o

I'll be getting it with Özil on the back. :pac:

I feel bad for Jarolim. Giving up the armband to Westermann who's been here 2 weeks :o.

Chelsea jersey hurts my eyes.

1-0 Lampard, quick thinking from Essien created the goal.

...and that's why Pitroipa is usually a sub :D.

• Advertisement

...and that's why Pitroipa is usually a sub :D.

Apart from the mistake he has looked lively.

Solid first half from us, Hamburg coming into it more after we scored and were unlucky when hitting the bar.

Half-time, pleasnatly suprised by Mikels passing range today. Realesed the ball much faster than usual and found Malouda with some nice long balls.

Johner wrote: »
    I kinda like it. :o

I'll be getting it with Özil on the back. :pac:

thought you declared you were getting the No.10??!
    speaking of which, has Yossi come on yet?
    i cant see the game as im stuck in broadbandless sticks.

papagormo wrote: »
    thought you declared you were getting the No.10??!
    speaking of which, has Yossi come on yet?
    i cant see the game as im stuck in broadbandless sticks.

Came on a few minutes ago.

lol

Both goals off mistakes.

1-1, Petric.

Horrible pass from Zhirkov :o

The commentator is pretty stupid.

''Hamburg...don't like they are going to score''

Score 10 seconds later.

Now apparently he was expecting us to attack on the right wing with Castelen when we have Elia on the left :o.

2-1, SON!!

I love this kid!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

2-1, SON!!

I love this kid!!!
    are you andy grey in disguise?

Bah went out for the last 10 minutes. :(

• Advertisement

digme wrote: »
    are you andy grey in disguise?

Possibly.

I like seeing Heung-Min Son do well.
    He's my suprise player pick - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67233530&postcount=62

Full time. 2-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

fair play andy :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Has not been a cracking pre-season by any means ! I am looking forward to a good show on Sunday , Il be watching it in Egypt :D

Pretty shocking pre-season performance and results wise. Bring on Sunday though! :)

shocking...
    we've lost 3 pre-season games in a row against fairly rubbish opposition!!

friendly games, fair enough, but our WC players need alot more time to get back to fitness and id be quite worried about us for the first few games of the season until we get back to our top level...

in other news...

RAMIRES FTW!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

pfft... united to easily win on Sunday ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I wouldn't be worrying too much about these poor pre-season results. As far as I'm concerned, the lads look at it as pre-season exercise to get back in shape, and a bit of an extended holiday, which would potentially help with team bonding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

bw wrote: »
    I wouldn't be worrying too much about these poor pre-season results. As far as I'm concerned, the lads look at it as pre-season exercise to get back in shape, and a bit of an extended holiday, which would potentially help with team bonding.

True but lets for arguments sake say Kakuta was scoring for fun we would all be jizzing our pants, saying that its an indication of things to come,
    it is some way unsettling but could all be put to rest by a good demolishing of United on sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

the_monkey wrote: »
    pfft... united to easily win on Sunday ...

Pfffft, wont happen :rolleyes:
    True but lets for arguments sake say Kakuta was scoring for fun we would all be jizzing our pants, saying that its an indication of things to come,
    it is some way unsettling but could all be put to rest by a good demolishing of United on sunday.

^ This :cool:

• Advertisement

thats just it, last season we were pushing about Milan and Inter, all the fans were buzzing and the boost really helps the club and players I think, this season we are starting the season on a whimper and i think it will work against us!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement