Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

I would be in stitches laughing too .. but nothing better then a good laugh ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

JT has made a donation to the Senrab football academy which he trained at as a kid to keep it up and running, he dedicates alot of success to how he developed while he played there. Good to see.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1378677/John-Terry-saves-Senrab-Seeing-faces-children-brilliant-says-club-secretary.html?ITO=1490

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13128959.stm

Carlo is a disgrace saying this, no manager should say this untill it is mathematically impossible.

Doesn't he realise that it is potentially in our own hands to be 3 points behind man utd ???

If they lose ground v Arsenal .. who knows ??? - VERY UNLIKELY yes, but you would never have Wenger or Ferguson saying this at this stage of the season - what message does it send out ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

It will get the players thinking and get them going.

It will get the players thinking and get them going.

I was thinking maybe the same, but it is a weird way of going about it, complex mind games there.

Pulling a Nadal it would seem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

jcf wrote: »
    I was thinking maybe the same, but it is a weird way of going about it, complex mind games there.

Pulling a Nadal it would seem

When Mancini said that Chelsea would walk the title this season, thats when our shocking form began, Carlo isn't one generally for the mind games but I know United can't really afford to drop anymore points, especially at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Going to have to record the youth game and watch it later tonight. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

jcf wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13128959.stm

Carlo is a disgrace saying this, no manager should say this untill it is mathematically impossible.

Doesn't he realise that it is potentially in our own hands to be 3 points behind man utd ???

If they lose ground v Arsenal .. who knows ??? - VERY UNLIKELY yes, but you would never have Wenger or Ferguson saying this at this stage of the season - what message does it send out ??

I think he's right to say this. When a team is expected to walk the title it puts a different kind of pressure on them. If he were to come out now saying we could catch United then it would motivate their players to finish the job before we get the chance to catch them.

The only hope* we or Arsenal have is for United to completely collapse, so deflecting the attention onto them is the only way they can be influenced.

However, I doubt Ferguson would allow them to get complacent when they are this close to sealing the deal.

*FTR, I don't think we have any realistic hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Utd Drop points at home to everton & lose to arsenal. Arsenal lose tonight. We win all our remaining games and the title is ours. Its that easy :)

Should there be a decent stream for tonight?

chelseayouth Chelsea Youth
    Chelsea: Blackman, Kane, Kalas, Pappoe, Deen-Conteh, Saville, Chalobah, McEachran, Nditi, Devyne, Lalkovic

• Advertisement

chelseayouth Chelsea Youth
    Team Change: Rohan Ince IN, Adam Nditi OUT and on the bench with Philipp Prosenik.

Think it's the same team as against West Brom at the weekend apart from Paulo in for Brana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,362 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

there many CFC fans watching the FAYC game?

Worth a match thread - i know some of the United fans are watching (and discussing in the Man United thread) so a match thread where we can both discuss the game could be good.

I'll be watching the first half! Match thread would be good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

any good link for the match lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,362 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Looks like Carlo's taking no chances tonight.

Chelsea: Cech, Ferreira, David Luiz, Terry, Cole, Essien, Mikel, Lampard, Kalou, Drogba, Malouda.
    Subs: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Torres, Benayoun, Zhirkov, Anelka, Bertrand

Ferreira in for Ivanovic

Come on the blues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Get in! 1-0 Malouda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Malouda!!! super ball by paulo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Great start, malouda

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

FAYC
    3-0 United :mad:

Up to second! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

think its time to get the calculator out lads.
    IF we beat United, and Arsenal beat United, and United draw/lose one other game, and we win all our remaining games, and Arsenal lose/draw another game, we retain the title?

Also brilliant to see all the players run to Bertrand after the super cross for the third! Will really boost his confidence!

very bad vibes between Drogs and Torres.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

smuckers wrote: »
    very bad vibes between Drogs and Torres.

? whatca mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

papagormo wrote: »
    IF we beat United, and Arsenal beat United, and United draw/lose one other game, and we win all our remaining games, and Arsenal lose/draw another game, we retain the title?

Ye need to win the last five and United to take 9 points or less from the last five games.

I am far more worried about you lot than Arsenal at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

? whatca mean?

Drogba has been pretty much acting the pr*ck towards him since he signed. To me it looks like he is trying to make Torres look bad (admittedly he hasn't needed much help so far) for his own purposes so that if he leaves during the summer fans will be thinking he should have stayed. Shows the kind of person he is TBH.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Ye need to win the last five and United to take 9 points or less from the last five games.

I am far more worried about you lot than Arsenal at this stage.

I think United will get around 10 points which will be enough. Also don't see us winning our last 5. Our home games possibly but with you's and Everton(very much our bogey side) away I just don't see us taking 15 points. It's been a strange season though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Johner wrote: »
    Also brilliant to see all the players run to Bertrand after the super cross for the third! Will really boost his confidence!

Do you fancy another away trip to Utd mate ?

7 Am -10AM members with 34 or more points , Im thinking Il catch the final home game of the season on the 15th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

papagormo wrote: »
    Right now, I dont see Arsenal beating Bolton, Stoke or Fulham Tbh - just the sort of games they struggle in. Would be nice to think they could beat UTD, and maybe Everton will take a pt there as well. Sadly, UTDs 2 last games Blackburn and Blackpool look Gimmes 'cept they will both be fighting for survival. So - its remote - but, we're in the mix. Finishing above Arsenals a blessing anyway!

Do you fancy another away trip to Utd mate ?

7 Am -10AM members with 34 or more points , Im thinking Il catch the final home game of the season on the 15th

Think Newcastle will be my last of the season mate and then possibly Everton away. If we get a few to go to the Newcastle match we should meet up for a few pints before over there!

Good result last night.

Luiz needs to cut out those pointless tackles, needless penalty. Good to see all our front 3 scoring and looking confident.

We won't win the league but hopefully we can have a good end to the season. Its amazing that we are now second considering how poor we have been for about 3 months of the season, if only we had kept our form (and not sacked wilkins) we could very easily be looking at another title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Still not sure about Luiz.Yes he has been amzigng but its only being going forward really.Needless penatly tonight and was shown up by Jones against Stoke the other week.Still maybe were expecting to much.Stuff he can improve on and looks very solid over all though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Soby wrote: »
    Still not sure about Luiz.Yes he has been amzigng but its only being going forward really.Needless penatly tonight and was shown up by Jones against Stoke the other week.Still maybe were expecting to much.Stuff he can improve on and looks very solid over all though

I think he has a lot to learn but he definitely has all the raw materials to be a world class center half. The weakest aspects of his game seem to be mental, ie: he's mental! He's incredibly aggressive in everything he does so once he learns to control that a bit better I reckon we'll have a right good player on our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

think I'll book a ticket for the everton game, just in case :-)

renewed optimism take over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Any rumours doing the rounds of the colours of our away and third kits? I'm praying for no neon coloured shirts this year!

Bruma playing for Leicester on Sky Sports 1 now. Van Aanholt is not in the squad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Veles wrote: »
    How do ye think the blues will do against Westham?

should be ok, is in stamford bridge, beat them 3-1 at ....i forget the name of their ground :confused::confused::confused::confused:

But then again they are fighting for points so could be tough.

• Advertisement

Scott Parker is injured

Looks like Torres will start tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Torres will score twice today ( 33 and 56 ).

hmmm, well if he does go for torres then he should throw yossi in from the start aswell, they seem to work well toghether, and anelka aswell.

Front 3 of

----yossi
    torres
    anelka

with the usual midfield.
    Did carlo say anything about cole being fit or not, I assume zhirkov would play instead:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Wonder will there be a handshake today...

Don't really think he should change it. No point changing a winning team.

Johner wrote: »
    Don't really think he should change it. No point changing a winning team.

I agree, malouda, drogba and kalou are bang in form.

If carlo changes it and we don't win he will be in for some serious and deserved criticism.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I agree, malouda, drogba and kalou and bang in form.

If carlo changes it and we don't win he will be in for some serious and deserved criticism.

I agree, but to have a £50 Million pound striker on the bench is crazy! Its a difficult choice! Also Carlo & Ron Gourlay say Drogba is 100% staying in the summer. How can these 2 players play together in a 4-3-3???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

superfrank wrote: »
    ....How can these 2 players play together in a 4-3-3???

They can't :(

I can't see they playing well together in any formation, they just don't compliment each other unfortunately. Even if Drogba does stay this summer and they work their arse's off all summer long to try and get them to work together i still can't see it working!

Anyways, here's hoping that Everton take something from the early kick off keeping our feint glimmer of title retention hopes alive. And TBH after seeing the team i'd fancy them to take something given their current form...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement