Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

superfrank wrote: »
    I agree, but to have a £50 Million pound striker on the bench is crazy! Its a difficult choice! Also Carlo & Ron Gourlay say Drogba is 100% staying in the summer. How can these 2 players play together in a 4-3-3???
    They can't :(

I can't see they playing well together in any formation, they just don't compliment each other unfortunately. Even if Drogba does stay this summer and they work their arse's off all summer long to try and get them to work together i still can't see it working!

Anyways, here's hoping that Everton take something from the early kick off keeping our feint glimmer of title retention hopes alive. And TBH after seeing the team i'd fancy them to take something given their current form...

A draw would be sweet but without Cahill & Arteta, I can't see anything but a Utd win. Its a shame cause Drogs has another 2 seasons left in him IMO. I don't think hes the kind thats ok with being a squad player either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm here reading the yahoo text updates:
    A few of the floodlights have gone out, presumably due to the weather. The way Fernando Torres's luck has been, he might come off the bench and score, only for the lights to fail and the game abandoned!
    Poor Torres!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Account opened - Yipee!
    papagormo wrote: »
    I'm here reading the yahoo text updates:

Poor Torres!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Delighted for Torres.

Was a tough game though and I'm not quite sure how West Ham didn't score but conditions were awful and the 3 points was the most important thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I think the most important thing about that was just how happy he looked after scoring. He knew how much faith everyone had in him and he genuinely seemed delighted to be able to start paying that back.

Not just in the celebration but his performance, albeit short lived, was fantastic, then himself and Drogba seemed in great form in the interview.

That really has cheered me up no end considering the United result earlier.

• Advertisement

Essien wrote: »
    I think the most important thing about that was just how happy he looked after scoring. He knew how much faith everyone had in him and he genuinely seemed delighted to be able to start paying that back.

Not just in the celebration but his performance, albeit short lived, was fantastic, then himself and Drogba seemed in great form in the interview.

That really has cheered me up no end considering the United result earlier.

Any video of the interview no??

113086924.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57DBBEA7FA00AB97934BD9321F3519C40686F624D3D652A3BB6

Fernando Torres: "I am more happy for the fans then for me at getting my goal."

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Imagine - cheering on Arsenal next weekend!!:(

113089101.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57D7AAF076BB45A1FF6BD9321F3519C40688BE95A78BA09B13EE30A760B0D811297

113087032.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57D427AEA7439D42480BD9321F3519C40681C8136D55F62A238

113088000.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57DF6C806508CEFF0D6BD9321F3519C40681A406A6ABF4C12A1

For anyone who didnt see it

Its for the greater good, imagine going top the following weekend :)

113086924.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57DBBEA7FA00AB97934BD9321F3519C40686F624D3D652A3BB6

I can't stop smiling a that pic tbh, love it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

113087032.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57D427AEA7439D42480BD9321F3519C40681C8136D55F62A238

Whats that on Anelka's face, just below his his nose and above his chin? Never seen that on him before

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Delighted for Torres, Shame united got the late win earlier - but anyway lets hope we can build and get stronger in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Delighted for Torres to be honest. Hopefully the journo's get off his case now.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Torres has got serious stick over the last few months, some of it warranted, some not. Delighted to see the lad get off the mark. hope he can go on and get enough to take the league out of Untieds grubby hands.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Delighted for Torres looked very sharp when he came on as did Benayoun.

Carlo says Drogs to start with Torres against Spurs. I thought Mikel was fantastic today.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

smuckers wrote: »
    Delighted for Torres looked very sharp when he came on as did Benayoun.

Carlo says Drogs to start with Torres against Spurs. I thought Mikel was fantastic today.

Mikel made 94/101 passes today with a 100% tackle success rating, has been excellent last few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

We all have weekends when it's better to cheer for our enemies. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I think Chelsea will see the real Torres now.
    No idea why it took so long to score but i've said on here for a while he's too good not to score soon.
    Actually i think the way he finished his goal today shows confidence wasn't a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Thrilled for Torres, but what made me even happier was the solidarity the team showed once he scored. I felt moved, imagine how Torres felt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I must of watched that torres goal about 20 times at this stage.

Delighted for the lad and the reaction of his team mates was something special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Carlo said he is hoping to start Drogs & Torres together...Dunno how but its risky!! Back to 4-4-2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Didn't miss it, but I love watching it again and again... and again. I was so happy for the guy, I don't think I've ever celebrated a Chelsea goal as much in my life. Nearly broke my ankle leaping up and punching the air!!!

Good piece on Sturridge coming up on Sky Sports 1...Didn't know he was an Arsenal Fan!!!

Becoming our best striker and hes not even with us haha.Doing the business again today :D

Gwan Danny.
    And Torres!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

that's it then, the title is ours. arsenal, stung by that defeat will beat man u and then we will beat them as torres goes on a crazy goal scoring run to become our top scorer. u read it hear first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

that's it then, the title is ours. arsenal, stung by that defeat will beat man u and then we will beat them as torres goes on a crazy goal scoring run to become our top scorer. u read it hear first

Might not be too far fetched to be honest.

I think that Arsenal will finish the season banging in goals once the pressure is off, but whether that happenes during their game against United or just for their three other games is another thing. Cue Wenger talking about how they were robbed and hoiw proud he is of his team's mental strength.

But Torres going on a goal scoring run is very probable imho as he can be very streaky. Would not surprise me to see him get 3,4, or 5 goals from Chelsea's four remaining games.

Kess73 wrote: »

I think that Arsenal will finish the season banging in goals once the pressure is off, but whether that happenes during their game against United or just for their three other games is another thing. Cue Wenger talking about how they were robbed and hoiw proud he is of his team's mental strength.

But Torres going on a goal scoring run is very probable imho as he can be very streaky. Would not surprise me to see him get 3,4, or 5 goals from Chelsea's four remaining games.

I think you're right actually, though I don't see us winning the league I do fancy Arsenal a bit more against United having lost today. It sounds ridiculous but lets face it, if they were going into a game against United knowing a win would put them back in the hunt for the title you could put your house on them bottling it.

I'd be more confident of them playing the way we know they can now that they are out of it. You can be sure the players will still be every bit as fired up.

Remember a few months ago when a few posters around here were questioning if we'd even make the top 4 :pac:

Easy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All the league is relying on your boys, c'mon Fernando finish the reason in style us for us ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Kess73 wrote: »

He will undoubtedly score at Old Trafford anyway!

flahavaj wrote: »

Will you stop ffs!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Who thinks the Torres-Drogba partnership could actually work since he's opened his account?..Ancelotti vowed to make Torres and Drogba shine in tandem at Chelsea after the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

flahavaj wrote: »

Back to jinx and reverse jinx are we? :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Borini scores again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Borini brace, bloody hell he is a talent.

Shame he is more than likely leaving in the summer.

Bruma has scored twice for Leicester!

• Advertisement

Both of Brumas were meant to be crackers. 35 yard screamer for the first or so I am told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Spurs game will be tough enough, they are still playing for the CL and maybe even the Europa league. Essien could be out, Ramires and Alex are back though.

I'd like to see:

Cech
    Ivan-Luiz-Terry-Cole
    Mikel
    Lamps--Essien
    -Kalou----Malouda
    Drogba

Really would have rathered Arsenal won yesterday.Not gonna be as big of a game for them now against Utd next week.Think anything but a Arsenal win at OT and thats the title gone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Soby wrote: »
    Really would have rathered Arsenal won yesterday.Not gonna be as big of a game for them now against Utd next week.Think anything but a Arsenal win at OT and thats the title gone
    Arsenal might perform better now the pressure is off too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Soby wrote: »

It's at the Emirates

Nice little interview with Lampard and Torres here

Haha Luiz just nodding away in that video is great.

Then he gets a Come on Chelsea in at the end! Brilliant! :D

Deadly, I'd say he's a nutter :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

LOL luiz:D, you crazy beast

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement