Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Reserves game starting at 2.05 at home to Villa. Coverage starts at 2.

1-0 Magnay. Villa's keeper at fault.

Win this game and theres a big chance of winning the reserve league.

2-0 Adam Phillip, was a good finish and a super ball by Josh, some player.

2-1 Villa pull one back with a super strike by Carruthers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

All Villa now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I heard that Chelsea are keeping the same away shirt for next season, can anyone confirm this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The website only has 10/11 next to the away shirt, I would think they are going to change it again.

Good win for the reserves.

Reserve League South Table:
    1. Arsenal P19 Pts 34
    2. Chelsea P18 Pts 33
    3. Villa P20 Pts 30

Arsenal finish against Manchester United on Thursday. Chelsea have Man City A and Wolves H. Aston Villa are done.

They have played some great football throughout the season, hopefully will get their just rewards. Had a lot of key players out with injury too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The club has issued a statement regarding the fitness of Michael Essien after the midfielder was withdrawn during the second half against West Ham United on Saturday.

It reads:

Michael had a minor problem with a tendon above his knee during the West Ham game and came off as a precaution. Scans show no significant issues in that area. We will look at him over the course of this week with regards to availability for the weekend.

More news will follow, with Carlo Ancelotti's pre-match press conference due on Thursday.

Link here
    Hope Essien will be ok

If not I'd say Ramires will come in for him.

Mikel has been very good since he has come back into the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

If yas have not already voted :)
    Its a toughy
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/PlayeroftheYear/0,,10268,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Soby wrote: »
    If yas have not already voted :)
    Its a toughy
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/PlayeroftheYear/0,,10268,00.html

Cech for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Cech for me

Went with Terry myself, though him and Cech have both been excellent.

Cech for me.

Fully fit squad to face spuds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I think Cech has edged it over Terry this season, he has been mister consistant since day one. Has played some games out of his skin, commander of every ball that comes near the box at any time during any game.
    One or two contenders for me would be Malouda, at the start of the season he was unreal at times, but his form dipped far too much. Mikel put in a string of 6-8 really good games round Xmas time, although that was the period when the whole team had dipped in form. Rameries has shown us what hes made of since coming into the Premiership, think he will be a real contender in a season or two all going good. Ivanovic hasn't done a whole lot wrong this season, but Bosingwa's return limited his gametime as a full back.
    All in all, think Cech fully deserves Player of the Year for Chelsea, hope he gets it.

1 win from our final two reserve games will see us finish top which is nice.

So it looks llike torres and drogba up front together on saturday, not sure about that.

Something like this

cechski
    --ivan
    luiz
    terry
    cole

ramires
    essien
    lampard----malouda

drogba

torres

They have had a week to work on formation and tactics so hopefully they get it right

In theory drogba and torres should work because drogba likes to come short and pass the balll around a bit but torres likes to play off the last man, so hopefully they get the balence right.

The problem for me with thee 4-4-2 is the lack of width. Neither Ramires or Malouda will stick to the line. Also we have an issue on the right side with who ever is playing Rb. Out of the 3 of them only Ferriera seems to be able to cross the ball on a consistent basis, although defensively Ivan is obviously by far the best.

Not sure how Carlo is going to play it tomorrow, will be interesting to see, I'd love to see it work.

Summer is going to be very interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

So it looks llike torres and drogba up front together on saturday, not sure about that.

Something like this

cechski
    --ivan
    luiz
    terry
    cole

ramires
    essien
    lampard----malouda

drogba

torres

They have had a week to work on formation and tactics so hopefully they get it right

In theory drogba and torres should work because drogba likes to come short and pass the balll around a bit but torres likes to play off the last man, so hopefully they get the balence right.

I reckon (and hope) its a bit of kidology from Carlo. I think he will play his strongest team and Torres will be on the bench again with Drogba leading the line. I just dont think they can play together as Drogba is too selfish

Whilst there is a glimmer of hope - play the drog! He's in top form and one swallow does not a summer make, El Nino.

Looks like Assou and huddlestone are out, which means Bale might have to play left back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Thats what I'm thinking as well.

I hope he continues with Torres on the bench and maybe gives him at least 30 mins. playing time.

I think by tinkering for this game he's running a massive gamble, which I suspect will backfire.

I reckon (and hope) its a bit of kidology from Carlo. I think he will play his strongest team and Torres will be on the bench again with Drogba leading the line. I just dont think they can play together as Drogba is too selfish

Whilst there is a glimmer of hope - play the drog! He's in top form and one swallow does not a summer make, El Nino.

Looks like Assou and huddlestone are out, which means Bale might have to play left back

cechski

NO!
    He shall be here on in known as "Cech Almighty":pac:

I also hope carlo is just trying to keep spurs guessing but I hope he goes with 4-3-3 and drogba, kalou and malouda. We are on form with these guys and hopefully torres comes on for half an hour to smash a few in.
    I also think that 3 in midfield will help us against spurs who will probably have only 2 in there.

Will be a tough game but hopefully we can put a bit of pressure on utd.

I'm not too confident about the Spurs game tbh. I can see their pace on the wings causing us all sorts of trouble, particularly on our right. I think there are goals in it for Spurs so hopefully we just outscore them.:)

Ah don't worry too much, Carlo announced a clean bill of health for the game.Source
    Last time out Paulo stuck like glue to Bale and Ivanovic was there for cover. So something similar I'd expect, except not Paulo but Ivanovic this time I'm hoping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Have quite a good feeling about today.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Kakuta Starting for Fulham. No Sturridge for Bolton

Goal for Kakuta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I hate it when any other teams score in the dying minutes to take the 3 points.. But F me if I don't go ballistic when chelsea do it.... love that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

That linesman should be f----in sacked after that performance today, how the hell can he make a decision when he wasnt even in line, i suppose he wont care anyway because he most be on abramovichs payroll, he sure earned his money today, bleedin disgrace

That linesman should be f----in sacked after that performance today, how the hell can he make a decision when he wasnt even in line, i suppose he wont care anyway because he most be on abramovichs payroll, he sure earned his money today, bleedin disgrace

:pac:

Did you watch it? I'm sure if you did you'd see that decisions probably balanced out when Kaboul took down Kalou and we were deinied a clear penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

As an Arsenal fan, i really wish you guys win the league. Hopefully we will do you guys a favor tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Arf! :pac: I bet Arsenal **** it up tomorrow though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Our Physio woman aint bad lads ;)

delighted with that result today, second half with a lot of the frees going against us, we really put the performance in thankfully. Seriously though, that 4-4-2 better not see the light of day in any of our remaining games.
    Savage goal for Spurs too, all eyes on the Arsenal match tomorrow, hope to jayyyyysus they get a good result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I sincerely hope 433 is the formation at OT. I know Ancelotti wants to integrate Torres into the side, and to be fair he played alright today, but the most important thing now is to win games. Torres will come good, but that'll be next season.

And if things aren't going well Torres isn't a bad sub to be able to call upon.

It's all on the gooners tomorrow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well now,

That pleased me .... alot !

As for the goal that the spurs keeper made an absolute howler for , I have not yet seen it, caught the last 25 mins in the airport, Kalou was offside for his alright.

I did seen Malouda getting chopped down by the last defender which would of been a straight red and a peno had it been given, but it wasnt , That life !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Terry and Drogba both got a fifth yellow today, I assume that means they are out V united ?

The Muppet wrote: »
    Terry and Drogba both got a fifth yellow today, I assume that means they are out V united ?

No you need 15 at this stage of the season.

Thought we played well enough today but obviously very lucky with the goals. Good to keep it going for another week at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I presume Fernando will revert back to the bench for next weeks game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Johner wrote: »
    No you need 15 at this stage of the season.

:D Is that just Chelsea?

Torres coming good for you, surprised he was taken off today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Great finish to the season for us.
    Even if Utd. win tomorrow it more or less guarantees us 2nd place. I'd have taken the hand off anyone offering that six weeks ago ;)

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote: »
    :D Is that just Chelsea?

Torres coming good for you, surprised he was taken off today.

For Terry it's 20. :pac:

Jaysus! In the unlikely event that Arsenal beat United later we might just have a chance at winning this thing. I think if we did I'd laugh uncontrollably for a good 3 - 4 months :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Essien wrote: »
    Jaysus! In the unlikely event that Arsenal beat United later we might just have a chance at winning this thing. I think if we did I'd laugh uncontrollably for a good 3 - 4 months :pac:

Would Probably reflect what a crazy season it has being. Can't see it happening. Would be happy if Gunners won, just to make next week exciting! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

We'll beat ye next sunday, so it doesnt matter what happens today

Nah, utd won't lose it from here surely. Its just amazing that we are so close to them considering we have been about 60% of our potential this season. Its our own fault, why sack wilkins, why not bring in luiz last august???

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement