Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

It won't happen, we only have ourselves to blame too. We could have had it wrapped up by now had we kept the house in order late last year. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

The Muppet wrote: »
    Terry and Drogba both got a fifth yellow today, I assume that means they are out V united ?
    No, that only applies for yellows up to December 31st. After that you merely get a warning about your future conduct.

Ivanovic is on 10 now, but won't be suspended as that one only applies up to the 2nd Sunday in April. He too will get a warning.

As someone already said, 15 at this stage gets you a 3 match ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Less than half an hour and we have an absolute diamond of an opportunity... C'MON ARSENAL!!! DON'T BOTTLE IT THIS TIME!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

DazMarz wrote: »
    Less than half an hour and we have an absolute diamond of an opportunity... C'MON ARSENAL!!! DON'T BOTTLE IT THIS TIME!!!

Its arsenal, they will bottle it, its whatt they do

Jesus... less than 15 to go now... COME ON!!!

ONE TIME!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

That linesman should be f----in sacked after that performance today, how the hell can he make a decision when he wasnt even in line, i suppose he wont care anyway because he most be on abramovichs payroll, he sure earned his money today, bleedin disgrace

LOL,

Todays Arsenal V Man U game puts things into perspective ,

Vidic should not be on the pitch and Arsenal should of had a peno for a clear handball which both the linesman and Ref missed , although I wont go as far as saying that there on the Glazers payroll :pac::pac::pac:

These things happen in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

oh god imagine chelsea, then having to goto ot win! bet Carlo won't play 4-4-2 with torres there! be even funnier if torres scores the winning goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Didn't see this coming!

I used up my only "ONE TIME!" on this, but it was so worth it...

Game of the season set up next week in O.T.

But even if Chelsea manage to pull a rabbit out of the hat next Sunday... they still have to play Newcastle at home and Everton away, both incredibly dodgy fixtures.

The only other banana peel I could possibly see for Man Utd, is Blackburn who are struggling badly and will be desperate for anything... Blackpool at home for Man Utd is a whitewash, IMO. Blackburn in Ewood Park (I think that game is in Ewood) will be tricky...

Other than that... I'm fukken delighted at how things are now!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Ah lads im so looking forward to next week, if both teams play as they did this weekend we will have no problems beating them.

If we win all out games between now and the end of the season, and score more goals and Man United we win.... it really is that easy :D

• Advertisement

Ah lads im so looking forward to next week, if both teams play as they did this weekend we will have no problems beating them.

If we win all out games between now and the end of the season, and score more goals and Man United we win.... it really is that easy :D

I'd need to look at an 'as it stands' league table, tbh, but I think if we beat Man U next week no matter what the score, I think our G.D. would be better anyway, but I'm not 100% sure...

edit: if we beat Man Utd by one goal next week, we go to +39, they go down to -38.

But then again, as Petes has said, United could go on a goal fest after that!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

If it goes to GD we could be in trouble with how poor Blackpool have been the second half of the season !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Chelsea are going to win the league, as much as it pains me to say it.

Glazers Out!

Surelyif we do, Carlo will be one of the all time great Chelsea Managers?

And then surely Carlo cant be sacked??

GAME ON, cup final next weekend. We have a slight chance now

I'd need to look at an 'as it stands' league table, tbh, but I think if we beat Man U next week no matter what the score, I think our G.D. would be better anyway, but I'm not 100% sure...

edit: if we beat Man Utd by one goal next week, we go to +39, they go down to -38.

What happens if its level on GD?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Fancy us BIGTIME from here!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

confidence is a huge thing in the run in and utd's seems to be gone whereas chelsea's is on the rise - Torres scoring the winner next week would be nice!

If it's level on Goal Difference, I think it goes to Goals Scored... Not sure tho, it might go on head-to-head, and as this scenario will only arise if Chelsea beat Man U, Chelsea obviously beat them on head-to-head... I'm actually not 100% sure what the 3rd criteria is for placement. Points, Goal Difference.... not sure what comes next

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

MUSEIST wrote: »
    GAME ON, cup final next weekend. We have a slight chance now

You've more than a slight chance to be honest, you're playing well and getting crazy decisions in your favour.
    There's a nice wind on your backs and you'll hockey United next week if they play like they did today, probably 4 or 5-0.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    You've more than a slight chance to be honest, you're playing well and getting crazy decisions in your favour.
    There's a nice wind on your backs and you'll hockey United next week if they play like they did today, probably 4 or 5-0.

Ah now, here........

Surelyif we do, Carlo will be one of the all time great Chelsea Managers?

And then surely Carlo cant be sacked??

I duno about that, it would be more to do with how shíte Man United were more so than how good Chelsea were, If he wins the league i can't see him getting sacked but i still don't agree with his 4-4-2 torres system that everyone and his cat can see doesn't / won't work!

Were even on goal difference as it stands yeah, but the way i look at it is United are away to blackburn after us, then at home to Blackpool, we all know that strange things happen when teams are fighting to stay out of relegation. they can pull performances out of the bag when it matters, heres hoping anyways!

3 games for us that need playing like our lives depend on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The stuff you come out with is seriously embarrassing. 4 or 5 nil at Old Trafford? Has the even been done?:pac:

United are still big favourites, we have a slight chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

If it's level on Goal Difference, I think it goes to Goals Scored... Not sure tho, it might go on head-to-head, and as this scenario will only arise if Chelsea beat Man U, Chelsea obviously beat them on head-to-head... I'm actually not 100% sure what the 3rd criteria is for placement. Points, Goal Difference.... not sure what comes next

It goes Points,Goal difference and then goal scored.If level still it goes too
    Play-offs
    31. If at the end of the Season either the League Champions or the Clubs to be relegated or the
    question of qualification for other competitions cannot be determined because 2 or more
    Clubs are equal on points, goal difference and goals scored, the Clubs concerned shall play off
    one or more deciding League Matches on neutral grounds, the format, timing and venue of
    which shall be determined by the Board

I'm not sure if we can win next week, having Vidic sent off today like he should have been would have been a huge help though. If both teams play their best then we should win, but how often can we say we've played our best this season?

Having said that though, I still think United can drop points against Blackburn, they have a massive game at West Ham next week and if they lost that they could well be playing kamikaze stuff at Ewood against United, they're not the easiest to beat at home at the best of times.

Anyway, it's back in our hands at least!

Come on you blues!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Chelsea are going to win the league, as much as it pains me to say it.

You sir are the biggest ****ing idiot on this forum. Get behind the team, every match thread I read it's the same ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

We are in a great position compared to a few weeks ago but think people need to take a step back before they get too excited.

United still have to be big favourites. They are playing at home against us, just needing a point. Even if Chelsea win, United have arguable the easier two remaining games.

Still good it is sorta in our own hands :)

°°°°°

Johner wrote: »
    The stuff you come out with is seriously embarrassing. 4 or 5 nil at Old Trafford? Has the even been done?:pac:

United are still big favourites, we have a slight chance.

Really?
    So if United sit off Chelsea and let them attack they won't be able to take the chances Arsenal squandered today?

Drogba would be in his element against United if they played that badly again.

Glazers Out!

RasTa wrote: »
    You sir are the biggest ****ing idiot on this forum. Get behind the team, every match thread I read it's the same ****e.

He's your the_monkey, same ****e every match, conspiracy theories and all, embarrassing stuff, gives genuine fans a bad name tbh.

°°°°°

When United play well I say so.
    Today was a disaster, if we play like that next weekend Chelsea, a proper team with real strikers will embarrass us.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Burner- wrote: »
    We are in a great position compared to a few weeks ago but think people need to take a step back before they get too excited.

United still have to be big favourites. They are playing at home against us, just needing a point. Even if Chelsea win, United have arguable the easier two remaining games.

Still good it is sorta in our own hands :)

disagree with this,

We have to play newcastle at home who are playing for nothing, and away to everton last day who will be long out of any battle by then, where in comparison united have to play blackburn away and blackpool at home 2 teams who will be sure to be in a dog fight at the bottom....

although i think its more important to worry about next weeks game first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Today was a disaster, if we play like that next weekend Chelsea, a proper team with real strikers will embarrass us.

You don't support the team, you piss and moan about everything. Anyway this is the Chelsea thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The only thing that embarrasses us is you.

°°°°°

flahavaj wrote: »
    The only thing that embarrasses us is you.

Really?
    So sh1t performances are A-OK then?

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

You don't support the team, you piss and moan about everything. Anyway this is the Chelsea thread.

I just popped into say I thought Chelsea would win the title.

You called me "the biggest ****ing idiot in this forum". Thanks you're a real gent.

I do support United, and today wasn't good enough, and it won't be good enough to perform like that next week.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Really?
    So sh1t performances are A-OK then?

Sh*t posting isn't.

FÚCK SAKE!!! CAN NO SITE (including the Barclays Premier League site) UPDATE THEIR FÚCKING LEAGUE TABLES, NO?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Goals against Newcastle could have a big part to play, while we knock a few in at home, Man U will be toiling away at Ewood. Phew .... time for a cold shower!

°°°°°

flahavaj wrote: »
    Sh*t posting isn't.

PM me then genius.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

disagree with this,

We have to play newcastle at home who are playing for nothing, and away to everton last day who will be long out of any battle by then, where in comparison united have to play blackburn away and blackpool at home 2 teams who will be sure to be in a dog fight at the bottom....

Yeah not much between them really. I just think as people have already mentioned, the Blackpool game could be a disaster for goal difference. It is dangerous to rule out people just because they have little to play for too, just look how Arsenal played without any pressure. Anyway as you say lets look forward to the UTD game :D

• Advertisement

In fairness... was just looking at table and Chelsea's next two opponents after the United game do not have anything to play for; both safe in the table, both not in contention for Europe (Everton in 7th are 7 behind Liverpool and as Stoke will be getting the Europa League spot, Everton are unlikely to be playing their hearts out), both really don't have much going on. Newcastle are also not the greatest going, so with any luck Chelsea could (and probably need to!) hop off them 3/4/5-0 in the Bridge...

United's next two opponents after next week are both REALLY struggling to avoid the drop; Blackburn in 16th only 3 above the drop zone and Blackpool in 17th, only out of the drop zone on G.D. With any luck they'll both come out swinging, needing points badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

disagree with this,

although i think its more important to worry about next weeks game first!

To be fair, I think Everton away on the last day of the season is far from ideal for you. I know they are playing for nothing but they always seem to cause the big teams a problem at Goodison Park. I certainly wouldn't swap either the Blackburn or the Blackpool fixture for it. Newcastle at home is admittedly a dream fixture.

Blackpool at Old Trafford won't be a problem for us imo, they only know how to play one way and we should beat them relatively comfortably at least. I think Blackburn away is our biggest problem.

I have to say fair play for coming back into this title race the way you did, it says a lot about the team spirit and quality of your team to get into this position considering the problems at the club throughout the course of the season.

After all is said and done, although the football has been pretty poor all season long, we are left with one hell of a nailbiter to finish the season, its almost like a 3 game playoff. My god dam nerves will be shot come the end of May, that and my voice! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Ok Arsenal, we were behind you for 90 minutes today and you came good, but now let's put that behind us. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Essien wrote: »
    I'm not sure if we can win next week, having Vidic sent off today like he should have been would have been a huge help though. If both teams play their best then we should win, but how often can we say we've played our best this season?

Having said that though, I still think United can drop points against Blackburn, they have a massive game at West Ham next week and if they lost that they could well be playing kamikaze stuff at Ewood against United, they're not the easiest to beat at home at the best of times.

Anyway, it's back in our hands at least!

Come on you blues!!! :D

Why should ye win if both teams play to their best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I got an aweful kick out of pointing out to one of me United mates that potentially if we win the league, we will have done so after enduring one of worst runs of games in manys a year, AND we will have let Torres play 900 minutes of footy without scoring in the process....!:pac:
    Horrid happy with the result I have to say.

papagormo wrote: »
    I got an aweful kick out of pointing out to one of me United mates that potentially if we win the league, we will have done so after enduring one of worst runs of games in manys a year, AND we will have let Torres play 900 minutes of footy without scoring in the process....!:pac:
    Horrid happy with the result I have to say.

Well its been a poor league regardless of who wins it. Everyone will need to do much better next season, Liverpool, City and Arsenal will all be stronger then imo, could be very competitive.

Why should ye win if both teams play to their best

Because we are the better team, obviously:P:P:D

• Advertisement

I've just seen Fergie's post match interview there. He's certainly staying true to form, heaping the pressure on the officials for next week. Blaming the ref for us winning the league last year and whinging about us getting all the decisions in the big games.

If that were any other manager it wouldn't reek of irony.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement