Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Essien wrote: »
    I've just seen Fergie's post match interview there. He's certainly staying true to form, heaping the pressure on the officials for next week. Blaming the ref for us winning the league last year and whinging about us getting all the decisions in the big games.

If that were any other manager it wouldn't reek of irony.

That is truly incredible, vidic should have been off for 60 mins today and miss the chelsea game, rooney should have missed the game against us a few months back fter his decapatation atempt on mccarthy. Yes we got lucky yesterday but it amazes me how fergie gets away with putting pressure on officials, no other manager would get away with it and it gives a clear advantage to utd imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

MUSEIST wrote: »
    That is truly incredible, vidic should have been off for 60 mins today and miss the chelsea game, rooney should have missed the game against us a few months back fter his decapatation atempt on mccarthy. Yes we got lucky yesterday but it amazes me how fergie gets away with putting pressure on officials, no other manager would get away with it and it gives a clear advantage to utd imo.

Well I don't think he should be punished for it, unless he's singling out officials like he did after we beat them, but it's just insanely ironic that him of all people should complain about decisions.

He's dominated the league for 2 decades, no matter how good you are you don't do that without a fair chunk of decisions going your way.

I'm a firm believer in "making your own luck" and things balancing out over the season, so I just think it's mad that a man of his experience in still peddling this bullshit, hopefully the officials don't buy into it for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The game you didn't have to play during your spell of terrible form?
    The rescheduled game you should have played in November and won with a goal from a player you signed in January?

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    The game you didn't have to play during your spell of terrible form?
    The rescheduled game you should have played in November and won with a goal from a player you signed in January?

What exactly is your point???????

°°°°°

You're saying Rooney should have been suspended for that game but you dodged a huge bullet not having to play it befpore xmas and then your winning goal came from Luiz who wouldn't have been there had the game been played in November.

So if you're talking about "what if's" surely you should conceed that Chelsea's luck in that game outweighed United's.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

It's one of the more colorful conspiracy theories often churned out by the less rational posters around these parts, it's a refence to the time we manipulated the weather.....yes, the weather, to have things go in our favour.

The mind boggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Dear Carlo,

Please play 4-3-3 next Sunday and drop torres it's not working him and Drogba, spank the mancs!

Signed

All Liverpool Fans.

You're saying Rooney should have been suspended for that game but you dodged a huge bullet not having to play it befpore xmas and then your winning goal came from Luiz who wouldn't have been there had the game been played in November.

So if you're talking about "what if's" surely you should conceed that Chelsea's luck in that game outweighed United's.

man you are grasping at straws, your the one applying "what ifs". If the game was in november who knows what would have happened, you can't say that chelsea would have lost that game because they were in bad form and are somehow 'lucky' because the game was cancelled and then use this as some form of justification of your view that chelsea are incredably 'lucky'.

°°°°°

It's one of the more colorful conspiracy theories often churned out by the less rational posters around these parts, it's a refence to the time we manipulated the weather.....yes, the weather, to have things go in our favour.

The mind boggles.

Truely daft.

Not a conspiracy, just very very fortunate.

SHow me where I said it was a conspiracy please...

Glazers Out!

Truely daft.

Could you please point me towards the evidence you have that the result would have been different in november..........oh wait, you can't because its al here say. You are talking bollix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

can we all hit a collective ignore button and not have the above arguement continue?

Truely daft.

Apologies, in fairness, you didn't say it was a conspiracy, that one was rubbished quite quickly despite ye'r complaints at the time, I was simply taking the piss.

What were you implying then? We're disproportionately lucky? Again, ironic. Nobody is any more lucky than anyone else in the grand scheme of things and of all supporters you lot can surely feel the least hard done by.

You'll enjoy this game a lot more when you realise that.

Edit: Read papagormo's post, leave it at that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

If my aunt had bollix she'd be my uncle
    Just saw the score I cannae no believ i' !!!!

It's in our hands again !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Because we are the better team, obviously:P:P:D

If thats true why are we in the better position in the league? Not to mention we just beat ye home and away in the champions league, we both may be biased but the evidence supports united being the better team

if thats true why are we in the better position

Not for long;):p

Not for long;):p

Im bookmarking this

°°°°°

Could you please point me towards the evidence you have that the result would have been different in november..........oh wait, you can't because its al here say. You are talking bollix.

Chelsea's form was awful, so I'd say United would have won the game had it been played in November.

Simple enough really.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Chelsea's form was awful, so I'd say United would have won the game had it been played in November.

Simple enough really.

Yes, chelsea's form was awful in November, but by the same token, United were on a high going into the Man City match and should never have drawn with Newcastle on that good form.

As I've said before, its no good looking back at if's and but's.
    Chelsea may well have won that match then. On form they wouldnt have, but thankfully, sport doesnt always follow form, (Esp in the FA cup)

What if Chelsea hadnt suffered a series of injuries to key players, like Lampard, Terry, and Drogba? Just those 3 players alone are normally worth 20 goals each per season, and combined with Terry's leadership, we probably lost out on 3 or 4 games without them.

We are in Sky Sports and Fleet Street Wet Dream land, and that is FACT!

°°°°°

Yes, chelsea's form was awful in November, but by the same token, United were on a high going into the Man City match and should never have drawn with Newcastle on that good form.

As I've said before, its no good looking back at if's and but's.
    Chelsea may well have won that match then. On form they wouldnt have, but thankfully, sport doesnt always follow form, (Esp in the FA cup)

What if Chelsea hadnt suffered a series of injuries to key players, like Lampard, Terry, and Drogba? Just those 3 players alone are normally worth 20 goals each per season, and combined with Terry's leadership, we probably lost out on 3 or 4 games without them.

We are in Sky Sports and Fleet Street Wet Dream land, and that is FACT!

To be fair United can easily win in the "what if so and so wasn't injured?" stakes, so that argument is redundant for starters.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Chelsea fans must be buzzing after yesterday?
    Its all in your hands now i do believe:D

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    Chelsea fans must be buzzing after yesterday?
    Its all in your hands now i do believe:D

It is, but we still have a hell of a lot to do, United haven't lost at home all season have they? Hopefully that comes to an end next week! :)

It is, but we still have a h:)ell of a lot to do, United haven't lost at home all season have they? Hopefully that comes to an end next week! :)

It wouldn't be as much fun if it was easy :)

Also, records are there to be broken

Papagormo just seems to thank people who reply to me. I wonder why?

Only thing letting it down is the paper it came from:)

Still i can't see Chelsea going after Rafa myself.

They'll hardly be looking for a new manager if Chelsea win all their remaining games

They'll hardly be looking for a new manager if Chelsea win all their remaining games

In an ideal world we wouldn't be going after a new manager at all this summer. If he's not happy in the job then fair enough but if Carlo is willing to stay on for a few more seasons then it would be great for the club.

The squad looks pretty healthy imo and that extra degree of stability and certainty would be a big help to the players.

In an ideal world we wouldn't be going after a new manager at all this summer. If he's not happy in the job then fair enough but if Carlo is willing to stay on for a few more seasons then it would be great for the club.

The squad looks pretty healthy imo and that extra degree of stability and certainty would be a big help to the players.
    I've heard Chelsea are gonna spend heavily again this summer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Dear Carlo,

Please play 4-3-3 next Sunday and drop sell torres it's not working him and Drogba, spank the mancs!

Signed

All Liverpool and Chelsea Fans.

Fixed that for you!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

I've heard Chelsea are gonna spend heavily again this summer

Those new UEFA regulations about not being allowed into Europe if you spend more than you take in come in from this summer don't they?

Bertser wrote: »
    Those new UEFA regulations about not being allowed into Europe if you spend more than you take in come in from this summer don't they?
    They do and they are very complex as far as i know.

Wouldn't stop Chelsea having a good splurge in the transfer market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

yes there will be new players coming in but the maxim 3 or maybe 4, nothing more.
    I have it on good authority that we're looking for a long term replacement for Lamps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Arsenal have done their part lads , up to you's now .

Hope you rip em a new one .

Torres needs to start as Vidic is terrified of him .

smuckers wrote: »
    yes there will be new players coming in but the maxim 3 or maybe 4, nothing more.
    I have it on good authority that we're looking for a long term replacement for Lamps.

Spilla dabeanz! And I was kind of hoping Josh would eventually be a replacement for Lampard, not immediately but within the next few years he should be well capable of stepping up to the plate as it were.

How on earth can we hope to replace Super Frank?
    Or Drogba and JT for that matter?
    But of all of them I dont think you will ever see likes of Frank again.
    20+ goals from midfield for the last 6 seasons, only ever out injured this season after 10 seasons and not a step over or tantrum in sight.
    I remember thinking when we signed him for 11 mill, wondering what on earth we had splashed so much cash for.
    Crazy Tinkerman knew though
    Franks a legend, end of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRVvXoBTQ-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFSgrfl0hKY&feature=related

• Advertisement

How on earth can we hope to replace Super Frank?
    Or Drogba and JT for that matter?
    But of all of them I dont think you will ever see likes of Frank again.
    20+ goals from midfield for the last 6 seasons, only ever out injured this season after 10 seasons and not a step over or tantrum in sight.
    I remember thinking when we signed him for 11 mill, wondering what on earth we had splashed so much cash for.
    Crazy Tinkerman knew though
    Franks a legend, end of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRVvXoBTQ-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFSgrfl0hKY&feature=related

I agree his goals will not be replaced, but I see him being more a bit part player next year.

mixednuts wrote: »

Well he didn't do very well against a crocked Ferdy in the CL. Thought he would go on and improve after his goal, the movement is there but against Spurs we didn't get the ball up to him enough.

In fairness as good servants as these players have been for Chelsea everyone needs to be replaced eventually.

Your club has to move on.

I think Lampard is 33 now and will be feeling the strain soon imo.
    He may be good for a couple more seasons if used spareingly but not 50 odd games a season IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Well he didn't do very well against a crocked Ferdy in the CL. Thought he would go on and improve after his goal, the movement is there but against Spurs we didn't get the ball up to him enough.

If he is gonna do it then what a time to do it !

Terry could be the one who lasts longest as he never was dependant on pace

• Advertisement

If he is gonna do it then what a time to do it !

If he managed to drag us over the line in first place with a hat trick next week and a few more goals to win us the final 2 games I'd never question the transfer fee again! :pac:

Seriously though, the next 3 games could make him a hero if he does show the form we know he can produce. I keep saying we still have a lot to do but the hardest part is an unlikely win at OT, if we can do that, surely we can finish the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

From who?

Wonder who we'll go for? We were linked with Hamsik from Napoli in January, and there was also rumours that a deal for James McCarthy was already drawn up.

blue-army wrote: »
    From who?

Wonder who we'll go for? We were linked with Hamsik from Napoli in January, and there was also rumours that a deal for James McCarthy was already drawn up.

Apparently we've already been linked with 54 different players!
    No different to any other year then!

Apparently we've already been linked with 54 different players!

And one of them is none other than Ivan Drago, he can pack a punch but can he kick a ball, that is the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

papagormo wrote: »
    And one of them is none other than Ivan Drago, he can pack a punch but can he kick a ball, that is the question.

He def has the required killer instinct though.

If he dies, he dies.

Lukker- wrote: »
    He def has the required killer instinct though.

If he dies, he dies.
    Plenty of stories linking him with other clubs:
    Commentator #2 in Las Vegas: Hey guys, Ivan Drago is definitely for Real!...

I don't buy into that horseshít myself, According to his latest interview, I actually get the feeling he has it in for one of Jose's troops though:
    "I can not be defeated. I beat all man. Someday, I will beat a Real champion. If he dies, he dies."

Time will tell lads, time will tell!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Anyone heading over for the Newcastle or Everton games? Going to pick up a ticket for Everton tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Going to try for Everton myself x 2! Ready for that old virtual waiting room!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ah the joys of the virtual waiting room at 7am. :(

This myth needs to die, its absolute rubbish, fair enough Torres caught Vidic out one day 2 years ago for liverpool but he has played 5 or 6 games against him since then and hasnt done much, the same ****e was being spouted before the champions league games and look what happened there, Torres didnt get a sniff, I for one hope he does play

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement