Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Balls he changed to Wrexham vs Luton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Fuhrer wrote: »
    What way does he eat sandwiches?

:confused::confused::confused:

Doesn't look like we'll win the league tonight.....

We're not going to finish with 11

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Conor geting stuck in :D ..... That Italian centre forward is a nasty piece of work. Severe lack of quality atm. Wonder if Chalobah's fit or on the bench? God .... they're better than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Conor geting stuck in :D ..... That Italian centre forward is a nasty piece of work. Severe lack of quality atm. Wonder if Chalobah's fit or on the bench? God .... they're better than this.

He's with the England U17's

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Fuhrer wrote: »
    What way does he eat sandwiches?
    haha yeah, there was me thinking the best part of a sandwich is traditionally in the middle...

Nerves already for Sunday. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Johner wrote: »
    Nerves already for Sunday. :(

It's hard to be confident when they've only dropped 2 points at home all season, though that has to end some time I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I've said it before, records are there to be broken

West Brom i think it was got a draw there so i'm pretty sure Chelsea can get better

• Advertisement

Essien wrote: »
    It's hard to be confident when they've only dropped 2 points at home all season, though that has to end some time I suppose.

We know we have the ability to beat them and have a decent record at Old Trafford, just hoping we give it a good go.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

We are the last Team to win at Old Trafford..good Omen??:p

I just hope its a good game & we put in a good fight. I never thought we be back in the title race so Anything more is a bonus!!

Beat Utd & it could be one of the greatest comebacks ever :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I think if any team can beat them at home, its us.
    We know its not just any old game, win this and we really do stand a chance of retaining the league, and I think the players will be pumped up for it.
    Its a completely different game to the CL.
    In Drogba, we trust, and I hope to hear the commentator screaming his name!
    Other positives are that we will have Luiz playing and although his tackles in the peno area make me whince, I believe he is the best option alongside Terry in that position, plus he has the ability to create and score goals!
    I just pray for 4-3-3 and Torres on the bench.
    Man U do have home advantage, but I still think we are capable of winning, and sticking my neck out, I think we will win it!

Come on the Blues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

We know its not just any old game, win this and we really do stand a chance of retaining the league, and I think the players will be pumped up for it.
    Other positives are that we will have Luiz playing and although his tackles in the peno area make me whince, I believe he is the best option alongside Terry in that position, plus he has the ability to create and score goals!
    Man U do have home advantage, but I still think we are capable of winning, and sticking my neck out, I think we will win it!

Come on the Blues!

Right behind you Sgt. right behind you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Come on the Blues!

No ye wont win it, ye were crap against spurs last week and we all know why ye won that game, united will be well up for this, I expect us to start this game at blistering pace and be 1 or 2 up within 20 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

No ye wont win it, ye were crap against spurs last week and we all know why ye won that game, united will be well up for this, I expect us to start this game at blistering pace and be 1 or 2 up within 20 mins

:rolleyes:

better again, we only start playing well when we are a goal down anyways.
    Plus we have a weapon of class destruction...you may recognise him from such goals as the one towards the end of this here video.
    Enjoy!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

We were the much better team against Spurs in fact, yes obviously dodgy decisions, everyone gets them, for example we should've had a penalty in the Spurs game as well, didn't get that.

I honestly don't get why you post in here so much.

papagormo wrote: »
    better again, we only start playing well when we are a goal down anyways.
    Plus we have a weapon of class destruction...you may recognise him from such goals as the one towards the end of this here video.
    Enjoy!;)

yea its sideshowbob, the guy that should have been sent off before ye got the second goal in that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Bertser wrote: »
    We were the much better team against Spurs in fact, yes obviously dodgy decisions, everyone gets them, for example we should've had a penalty in the Spurs game as well, didn't get that.

You have to admit that to win a game 2-1 with two dodgy goals is very very lucky.
    You also beat United at Old Trafford last year thanks to an offside goal from Drogba.
    Is there something in the spring air that makes refs and officials give Chelsea dodgy goals in important games in the title run in?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    You have to admit that to win a game 2-1 with two dodgy goals is very very lucky.
    You also beat United at Old Trafford last year thanks to an offside goal from Drogba.
    Is there something in the spring air that makes refs and officials give Chelsea dodgy goals in important games in the title run in?
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

see, they have no come back because they know they have benefited when they shouldn't have

You also beat United at Old Trafford last year thanks to an offside goal from Drogba.Is there something in the spring air that makes refs and officials give Chelsea dodgy goals in important games in the title run in?

So what would have happened if that goal was not allowed

see, they have no come back because they know they have benefited when they shouldn't have

you know exactly the comeback we would give if we were not already sick to death of making the obvious comeback which need not be mentioned again. Its not difficult to understand and unless someone has a intellectual disability I don't think it needs to be explained again, mkay

....and if someone wants to have an argument about it late on a friday night when I'm drunk and tired then be my guest

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

I know it's lucky? He said we were crap, we actually played good football and were better than them.

What about Macheda using his hands to score their goal in that game? Cancels it out, simple as.

Other teams get them just as much as we do, Man U have gotten their fair share in some of their title run ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Bertser wrote: »
    I know it's lucky? He said we were crap, we actually played good football and were better than them.

What about Macheda using his hands to score their goal in that game? Cancels it out, simple as.

Other teams get them just as much as we do, Man U have gotten their fair share in some of their title run ins.

I love how the Utd Supporters bring up the Drogba offline goal that "Won us the League", they were cheated bla bla bla. But when the Macheda's handball goal is mentioned..the silence is deafening.

But then Utd Fans will come back & argue about match at Stamford Bridge that we got a freekick that wasn't a foul & scored....But they never bring up the crazy Kung FU kick on Drogba by Johnny Evans that should of being a straight red card, utd down to 10 men for 20 minutes and a free kick on the edge of the box...

These decisions balance out. If I remember correctly, Utd had decisions on their side in the champions league against us!!

Hopefully we beat them fair & square...But I'm sure they will find some way to make it out they were screwed!!

On a lighter note...Heres David Luiz's Latest Piece

He's some Hero:D

superfrank wrote: »
    I love how the Utd Supporters bring up the Drogba offline goal that "Won us the League", they were cheated bla bla bla. But when the Macheda's handball goal is mentioned..the silence is deafening.

i know, lots of selective amnesia popping up lately, especially from utd fans trying to argue something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

But then Utd Fans will come back & argue about match at Stamford Bridge that we got a freekick that wasn't a foul & scored....But they never bring up the crazy Kung FU kick on Drogba by Johnny Evans that should of being a straight red card, utd down to 10 men for 20 minutes and a free kick on the edge of the box...

These decisions balance out. If I remember correctly, Utd had decisions on their side in the champions league against us!!

Hopefully we beat them fair & square...But I'm sure they will find some way to make it out they were screwed!!

Please don't Tar all United supporters with the same brush.

I am under the impression that what goes around comes around, luck wise.

Everyone gets their slices of luck in a season, but it won't stop everyone bitching about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

In the run up to the recent champions league matches, where you were spanked in both legs...this forum was full of confidence - the media and bookies were too. Chelsea, for some god forsaken reason, were favourites. And here we are again, various corners of the media world are predicting a Chelsea win. Unfortunately for you guys, Robbie Savage thinks you'll win too - so you're obviously fcuked. Seriously though, Chelsea have no hope on Sunday.

• Advertisement

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Please don't Tar all United supporters with the same brush.

I am under the impression that what goes around comes around, luck wise.

Everyone gets their slices of luck in a season, but it won't stop everyone bitching about it.

Thats pretty much the point some of us are trying to make, yes we got lucky last week but we have also had our share of bad luck as has been pointed out numerous times in thisthread.
    Some utd fans are of the opinion that chelsea get all the decisions when they play utd but in reality when you look at it objectively its about 50/50 and the bad decisions have gone for both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Thats pretty much the point some of us are trying to make, yes we got lucky last week but we have also had our share of bad luck as has been pointed out numerous times in thisthread.
    Some utd fans are of the opinion that chelsea get all the decisions when they play utd but in reality when you look at it objectively its about 50/50 and the bad decisions have gone for both sides.

I agree, but some people want to have their cake and eat it, when decisions go for them, it's just evening it out, and when decisions go for United, it's a big conspiracy and we've bought all the refs.

That said, both teams got lucky last week, chelsea with both goals, but also should have had a peno, and probably could have gone on to win it because they were playing better.

On the other hand, United were just as lucky as Chelsea, we just didn't capitalise on it, Vidic could have been sent off with a penalty given, which could have destroyed our hopes for this weekend and possibly the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

David Lulz

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

. Seriously though, Chelsea have no hope on Sunday.

Sure I'm sure we'll turn up and have a little kick about at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Lukker- wrote: »
    Sure I'm sure we'll turn up and have a little kick about at least.

What would be the point? I say we arrange a trophy presentation for the time of kick off, and save everyone the hassle? :rolleyes:

When has any team that is only three points behind another during the league, on level goal difference and on a run of league form that has seen them collect 25 out a possible 27 points "not have a hope"? There's hubris, and there's being ridiculous.

It's the otherway round. this time everyone is expecting man u to win or draw and win the league. but we didn't win the double with an ageing team by being negative, unexpected things happen, that's why its a great league, otherwise you might as well dole out the end table and medals now. we still have an unexpected chance and the lads will give it their best shot, that's all we can ask for, no football fan should write off their team, look at stoke in the fa cup final! yes you beat us in the cl twice, but this is a new game, and the lads will be more comfortable about it imo

• Advertisement

The man love for David increases by the day!
    Hes some ledge that lad.:)

Right who's gonna borrow me a Chelsea jersey ;)

mixednuts wrote: »
    Right who's gonna borrow me a Chelsea jersey ;)

Well now, I just so happen to know a few places not far from Boards..
    Jersey
    Slippers for the sir?
    *I'm not the actual seller by the way!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Been a rollercoaster of a season.
    More downs than ups but just want to wish the lads the best of Irish for tomorrow.
    Hopefully they'll go and give it a right go.

bullpost wrote: »
    Been a rollercoaster of a season.
    More downs than ups but just want to wish the lads the best of Irish for tomorrow.
    Hopefully they'll go and give it a right go.

Same here, there is no pressure on us, only a slight chance of retaining our title so I just hope we go out and play our game of the season tomorrow, take some risks, nothing to lose. All I want is a good performance and a solid end to the season.:)

• Advertisement

I really think we can do it, if we can just get some of the play back like we did last season.
    I agree with you guys, I just want us to play to the best of our abilitys - no tricks, no luck - just good old storming chelsea team play - EVERYONE pulling their weight, pass and move with energy and passion.
    If we lose then, well, at least we would have been beaten by the better team and not because we couldnt get out of first gear.

Come on guys - one last push - keep on fighting to the end! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

In the run up to the recent champions league matches, where you were spanked in both legs...this forum was full of confidence - the media and bookies were too. Chelsea, for some god forsaken reason, were favourites. And here we are again, various corners of the media world are predicting a Chelsea win. Unfortunately for you guys, Robbie Savage thinks you'll win too - so you're obviously fcuked. Seriously though, Chelsea have no hope on Sunday.
    lololololol

WE CAN DO IT!!! Hugely hopeful (more than confident) here! Jesus - this would be something else .......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Christ you Chelsea boys are up early.
    Nerves jangling:)

Work in my case .... til 2!

David Luiz will be the difference today .
    He was a big loss for the CL games with Utd

right, best get some study done, god knows I won't be able to concentrate on anything between the hours of 4pm today until (at a guess) 4pm tomorrow!

mixednuts wrote: »
    David Luiz will be the difference today .
    He was a big loss for the CL games with Utd

He should have been a big loss for the last half hour of the league game at stamford bridge as well

He should have been a big loss for the last half hour of the league game at stamford bridge as well

for the love of the baby Jesus will you ever stop with your constant tit for tatt BS?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement