Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Avoiding the match thread today, I think it's for the best. Two games on Sky to sit through first. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

He should have been a big loss for the last half hour of the league game at stamford bridge as well

And Rooney shouldn't of played at Stamford Bridge for his animal like elbow on McCarthy & oh wait..he scored a goal!!

We could do this all day;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Come on Chelsea!!

I need a shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

He should have been a big loss for the last half hour of the league game at stamford bridge as well
    He should have been but he wasn't. Get over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Lucky pants are on! There a wee bit smelly, frayed at the ages and frankly seen better days. Oh - just described myself! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Is it 4PM yet!!!!

I just really really hope to see 4-3-3 when the lineup is announced in a bit, if he goes 4-4-2 it will make it a very long and difficult game! I have a feeling Essien is going to come up with a big performance today, and score a blinder from 30 yards out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Is it 4PM yet!!!!

I just really really hope to see 4-3-3 when the lineup is announced in a bit, if he goes 4-4-2 it will make it a very long and difficult game! I have a feeling Essien is going to come up with a big performance today, and score a blinder from 30 yards out :D

I wish I shared your optimism..don't get me wrong he's due one but he's been poor the last while. Wouldn't mind even seeing Ramiers...Obi Mikel...Lampard in midfield.

Prob will go with Ess...experience and all that!.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I cant wait for the big game ,

Hopefully we go for them from the off !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

papagormo wrote: »
    for the love of the baby Jesus will you ever stop with your constant tit for tatt BS?

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

just thought id pop my head in from the United thread and ask is everyone in here as nervous as we are :pac:

(edit) Best of luck and may the best team win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

no

Give over will you?

This game has me terrified lads, can't believe we are in this situation. I'd wish ye luck but I'd be lying through my teeth! I just hope theres no controversy on either side.

almanu wrote: »
    just thought id pop my head in from the United thread and ask is everyone in here as nervous as we are :pac:

(edit) Best of luck and may the best team win.

Pacing about all day, cant think about anything else type nervous with just a hint of wild optimism and a dash of the "Come ON's"

So thats a yes then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

no

Perhaps consider creating a thread in which you can post away such BS till your heart's content so?
    Jaysus knows its not appreciated around these parts, and I'd be very surprised if it was lapped up in the United thread either.
    Look, If you are going to enter into a rival thread fine by all means do, hell have a bit of banter if you like, but in the run up to important games such as today's consider cutting out the sniping/trolling whatever the hell your intentions are and have a bit of respect for the thread you are posting in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Pacing about all day, cant think about anything else type nervous with just a hint of wild optimism and a dash of the "Come ON's"

So thats a yes then!

Pretty much how im feeling aswell , with a big shot of hangover:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Well, what did we expect really ??? when you lose 0-3 at home to Sunderland,
    take 0 pts of Liverpool etc etc... what do you really expect ????

jcf wrote: »
    Well, what did we expect really ??? when you lose 0-3 at home to Sunderland,
    take 0 pts of Liverpool etc etc... what do you really expect ????

Jebus, the game is only 15 minutes in! A lot can happen over the next 80 or so minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Sala Brana and essien off NOW please.

oh well, it was a nice dream while it lasted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Jebus, the game is only 15 minutes in! A lot can happen over the next 80 or so minutes!
    Still, Chelsea didn't lose the league today.
    That bad run a few months ago killed yee.
    Stating the obvious i know.

Essien, Cole and Drogba haven't been as good as normal this season.
    Drogba's reason is understandable.

Chelsea don't need massive changes for next season.
    Do need to blood replacements foe some of the elder statesmen in the squad IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Great support from the away crowd today, fantastic to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'm proud that we got to within 3 points of United having been 15 points behind at one stage. Still though, they deserved it on the day. You knew well the task was too big giving such a soft goal away after 30 seconds. Vidic shouldn't have been playing but they probably should have had a penalty, so in the end they balance themselves out.

2nd ain't really a bad position to end the season on tbf, I'm just hoping that we'll be back and rearing to go in August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

We were out of it months ago, no point getting upset now. We deserve nothing from this season and that's exactly what we got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

amiable wrote: »
    Still, Chelsea didn't lose the league today.
    That bad run a few months ago killed yee.
    Stating the obvious i know.

Essien, Cole and Drogba haven't been as good as normal this season.
    Drogba's reason is understandable.

Chelsea don't need massive changes for next season.
    Do need to blood replacements foe some of the elder statesmen in the squad IMO

Good post, there's a lot of truth in it. We don't need to strengthen a whole lot but no doubt we'll hear all the bull**** about how this team is finished.

Our squad was more than capable of winning the thing this season and we blew it ourselves with all the behind the scenes rubbish, we've no-one to blame but ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

You would think after we scored it would give us a impetus, it was opposite which happened, if you concede a goal after 40 secs you're asking for trouble.
    Luiz made my blood boil in first half.
    The midfield is a shambles we need creativity.

Utd Showed some guts and determination this season and are worthy champions in my opinion,

Games off the the top of my head that they should of been dead and buried in and came back to win /draw proves this

Blackpool, West Ham, West Brom.

Still proud of how we have played over the last two months,

Lamps scored today but was very poor most of the game, as was essien.

In all im not too disappointed, Im already looking forward to the next season.

KTBFFH:D

Does it make me a bad person that I absolutely despise United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

ItsAWindUp wrote: »

It makes us happy knowing people like you exist. :pac:

• Advertisement

d22ontour wrote: »
    It makes us happy knowing people like you exist. :pac:

aw, that's ok so:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Unlucky lads, ye had me sh*tting bricks at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ah well, was always going to be a tough ask.

Roll on next season, I think we need a new creative midfielder though someone like Modric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Well done to Man Utd, they played very well today. I dont understand the way Chelsea chased and gave it their all in stoppage time when they should of being doing it 20 minutes earlier. United wanted it more and they got what they deserved. Well earned and Liverpool are finally off their perch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

You shouldn't, I used to really hate them but at the end of the day, they are another football team, the fans are the same as us - they just wear red.

I find myself a much happier person now that I have calmed down a bit with football - now Im happy when Chelsea win - and im not gonna lie i am very dissapointed now - but the difference is I don't let it annoy me too much - now enjoy some other sport Djokovic is 5-2 up on Nadal in the Madrid tennis masters final !!!!

I admit to having felt like that before, but as we very know success breeds contempt. But today I honestly can say that I have nothing but respect for the majority of players on both sides today, there wasn't too much play acting and it was refreshing seeing both teams play with passion and spirit. You can't help but admire their efficiency and work ethic with the likes of Park who make up for their lack of natural ability by giving their absolute all every game. That's the benefit of having one manager who has had total control for the last 25 years. This we have seen CA be undermined and overruled on numerous occasions with ridiculous decisions being made behind his back. But still for a team that was struggling to stay in the top 4 around Christmas, I have to to say that with maybe 1 or 2 moving on at the end of next season and maybe a new CM and winger I think we'll definitely be challenging on all fronts next season.

Carefree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Good season lads.

I tell ya, I think next season, both clubs will finish upwards of 85 points. Neither side have been at their best for an entire part of the season, but next season, with Torres on form, and I'd wager a few new signings, it's going to be bloody tight again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Might as well give the youngsters a go in the last few games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The signing of the 50 million pound man cost chelsea the league! discuss!!

• Advertisement

Really because before he signed we were 4th.

IF anything, signing Torres rejuvenated Drogba.

And tbh, I'd take that selection headache anyday.

Time to look ahead to 2011/12, Torres to be top scorer next season, you read it here first!

Our form picked up after we signed him - so NO. Lost long before him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Well done utd, fully deserved title this year.:)

roll on next season, add some creativity and we can have the title back.

The signing of the 50 million pound man rejuvenated chelseas season! discuss!! :pac:

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Well done utd, fully deserved title this year.:)

roll on next season, add some creativity and we can will have the title back.

The signing of the 50 million pound man rejuvenated chelseas season! discuss!! :pac:

FYP;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Ray Wilkins when interviewed after the game said that Torres was high on Ancelotis list, " Chelsea tried to sign him last summer but they didn't have the money".

Suppose that puts to bed the speculation that Torres was an abromovich purchase.

• Advertisement

2 x Everton tickets available if anyone wants them. Face value @ 32 sterling.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Good season lads, pushed us all the way but just hadn't enough in the end.

Expect both teams to be stronger next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Not for long;):p

were you talking about next season;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel it's kind of been fashionable to bash our forwards recently, but tbh I think our collapse this season and sometimes inability to break down teams is more a fault of our midfield.

We need some width further up the pitch, but that requires a change of system. We need people who are willing to play the ball and to run at defences. Our attacks from midfield this year have just looked so pedestrian. When we get in to trouble, we haven't seemed to be able to come up with new ideas to outfox a team who's adapting their own strategy to counter ours. Even when we were playing well, I didn't enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed watching Chelsea in previous seasons.

Where do we go from here? What and who do we realistically change for next season? Will we play a new system?

Sorry if that's all a bit melodramatic.

were you talking about next season;):p

you not over in your own thread celebrating? Or is it you'd rather troll in here instead :rolleyes: ect ect...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement