Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

A Chelsea player stood on Heung-Min Son's foot yesterday and broke his metatarsal. 2 months out.
    I hate you guys now.

Good luck on Sunday though.
    Anyone but Man Yoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

not one to put a downer on the Blues, but was reading on Goal.com that Carlo reckons we are still a good 2weeks from being ready for the start of the season.
    hopefully, the pre-season games will not put a dent in the team confidence.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Ryan Bertrand has joined Nottingham Forest on loan until January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Some reports in the press that now the Ramires deal is nearly done, negotiations are on-going with Benfica for David Luiz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

papagormo wrote: »
    hopefully, the pre-season games will not put a dent in the team confidence.
    Blackburn lost all their preseason in 1995 before going on to win the league. The results of these games are meaningless, its all about getting players match fit and ready for when it does matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

It really doesn't matter when the Chelsea players start to play... until 14th August!!!

Or even 8th August, as I wanna see them lifting the Community Shield!!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Johner wrote: »
    ah ffs, my favourite blue Singha t-shirt is ruined now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Lads, head on over to this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055987693 , should be good craic when the season kicks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Chelsea team confirmed for Sunday

Hilario
    Terry
    Ivan
    Cole
    Ferreria
    Lamps
    Mikel
    Essien
    Kalou
    Malouda
    Anelka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

not a bad team there.
    can we put Terry in goal though?!
    Oh how i would love if Hilario had a fantastic game for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Put Terry in goal if Rio does likewise.

Don't hold out for much with Hilarious in goal, might be his last chance to shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

Just wondering lads, where do yee stand when it comes to the community shield? Do you feel its important to win or is it just a friendly?

It's a game against United, so it's a must win for me

Has to be won to set a precedent for the season ahead and the unbeaten run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Betfair have chelsea favourites at 2.74. Utd are 2.92 to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

very close ...

Fluminense sign Chelsea midfielder Deco on two-year contract here

the_monkey wrote: »
    very close ...

When, in recent history, has it not been very close between Chelsea and United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Wont be watchin the match today, the gf is takin me out for my birthday..

Got my new 2010 home kit from Mammy though, so Ill be representin at the fancy restaurant :cool:

With Deco gone theres only 2 or 3 more to move along.

Still waiting to get the 2010 kit (now where did Aguerro go :rolleyes:)

Aaaaaaaaand my minds at ease, fair play José :cool:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6300824,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Fiskar wrote: »
    With Deco gone theres only 2 or 3 more to move along.

Joe Cole -> Yossi Benayoun
    Michael Ballack -> Ramires
    Deco -> ?

Do you think we'll replace him or will he be replaced with one of the youngsters?

I've a feeling it will be youngsters

Yeah I reckon no more signings. :(

If Carletto is to believed I think we are looking at 1 more player especially if Carvalho leaves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

LanceStorm wrote: »
    Joe Cole -> Yossi Benayoun
    Michael Ballack -> Ramires
    Deco -> ?

Do you think we'll replace him or will he be replaced with one of the youngsters?

I want Belletti replaced immediately! With Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I want Belletti replaced immediately! With Aguero

The whole affair is quite depressing, it hurts to have Chelsea weakened so much this summer, when there are players out there that could offer us so much

• Advertisement

Disappointing result. To be honest I'd say we are about 2 weeks behind United in general fitness. Cole and Terry looked well off the pace. Ivanovic was solid. Becoming one of the best defenders in the world. Ferriera shouldn't be playing at this stage, great servant for the club,but his time is up. Horrible positioning from Hilario for Uniteds 3rd.

Mikel did alright first half. Played a great ball through to Kalou. Essien is really looking to come back to his best. Lampard looks short on fitness too. Malouda was one of our best players.

Anelka didn't offer much. Kalou bar his goal was poor, lost a lot of ball. Drogba is still not fit. Sturridge looked bright. Very direct and effective., should have scored though.

Not sold on Yossi, hasn't done anything yet but it will take time.

A good win next week and all will be forgotten though.

Hopefully Ramires deal will be sorted soon. I think we have to forget about signing anyone else and just get behind the squad we have. Will be a tough season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I came in here expecting that monkey fella to be in the midst of a nervous breakdown. I'm a bit disappointed.

Wouldn't worry if I was ye lads, it was barely above the pace of a friendly for the most part and all the substitutions made it a bit of a non-event. I'm glad to get the win and all that but it'll be forgotten by this time next week. Ye're still favourites for the Prem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

flahavaj wrote: »
    I came in here expecting that monkey fella to be in the midst of a nervous breakdown. I'm a bit disappointed.

Wouldn't worry if I was ye lads, it was barely above the pace of a friendly for the most part and all the substitutions made it a bit of a non-event. I'm glad to get the win and all that but it'll be forgotten by this time next week. Ye're still favourites for the Prem.

I am not worried at all. We were second best today, fitness did not look right especially lamps, terry and cole. Every single player except hilario in the starting lineup today was at the world cup and have only been training for less than 2 weeks now.

I thought we were good when we upped the tempo, we always looked like we might score.
    The need for ramires isobvious in midfield.I think he will fit in like this. Drop mikel.

essien
    ----ramires---lamps---
    kalou---drogba---malouda
    We are only going to improve from here as eveyone gets fitter and ramires joins.

I also think we need another defender if carvalho goes.

flahavaj wrote: »

bah ! worthless trophy tbh ....
    put it this way if 4 months ago someone had said : Chelsea double winners but only RU in the Community shield --- I SIGN!!!

Just hope we can cop on for next weekend, we reached a peak at the end of last season, if we continued from there we would have been unbeatable, but this WC 2010 (Damn that tournament to HELL!) has traumatised our english lads....

I wouldn't say drop Mikel at all. He's doing a decent job in that position and his passing has come on a lot. Hit a few lovely balls today that split Uniteds defence open, only for it was Kalou on the end of them. I have a feeling it will be a good season for him. Essien offers more from the position he played in the first half.

Although I admit that line up you have Musiet is very probable when Ramires joins. Mikel will still get plenty of game time.

• Advertisement

The better side won today, thought Kalou was very poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Sturridge was more effective than anelka, althought sturridge was up against evans, nuff said.

Essien pass for sturrige was epic, thats what we missed last season.:D

Ancellotti said we would sign 2 players, ramires is one, any ideas who the other is or might be?

Make or break for Soloman this season. Showed what he can do at the end of last season, but has to do it on a consistent basis. Mentally I'm not sure if he's good enough to make it. Poor decisions and lack of concentration ruin his game.

Kalou was playing great stuff towards the end of last season, but today he was back to the Kalou of old. I'm really hoping he has another good season but he is not one to rely on. Anyway with Ramires coming in I don't think Kalou will be starting a lot.

From http://www.airfutbol.com

Giorgi Chanturia AF has confirmed his move to Chelsea, the player who last season played for FC Barcelona Juvenil B will become part of Chelsea's reserve team. The player who meets the selection Sub-21 Georgian town next week will travel to London and placed under the orders of Steve Holland. The player who meets the selection Sub-21 Georgian town next week will travel to London and placed under the orders of Steve Holland.

Striker was given by Vake Tbilisi and Barcelona has not reached an agreement with the Georgian club for his transfer. Striker was given by Vake Tbilisi and Barcelona has not reached an agreement with the Georgian club for his transfer. After a great year where he was the second top scorer in the Junior B with 11 goals and also won the World League champion with the Catalan U-18 caught the attention of several clubs that were outstanding at their situation. After a great year where he was the second top scorer in the Junior B with 11 goals and also won the World League champion with the Catalan U-18 caught the attention of several clubs that were outstanding at their situation. The Chelsea was the fastest and presented a project more attractive place to train with the first team but the team would militate reservations. The Chelsea was the fastest and presented a project more attractive place to train with the first team but the team would militate reservations.

Giorgi Chanturia is a lefty playmaker who can also play on the wings that is where the best center forward is or who is endowed with a high technical quality. Giorgi Chanturia is a lefty playmaker who can also play on the wings that is where the best center forward is or who is endowed with a high technical quality. A player who only uses his left foot with which it has a great shot and is a good pitcher-pieces. A player who only uses his left foot with which it has a great shot and is a good pitcher-pieces. Has overflow, is quick but sometimes abused Dodge. Has overflow, is quick but sometimes abused Dodge.

Ye get the gist........;)

Scorer of the first goal. Definitley one for the future.

• Advertisement

From http://www.airfutbol.com

Ye get the gist........;)

Scorer of the first goal. Definitley one for the future.

I heard a rumour he had a strong left foot. Any truth in that?

I know absolutley nothing about the chap to be honest :D

I know absolutley nothing about the chap to be honest :D

Was just taking the p*ss out of the article - it mentions his left foot about a million times.:pac:

I'd say he has a good left foot though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Four losses in a row , hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Barr wrote: »

The only positive I can take from it is that it shows we can't expect to win the CL with the current squad (after letting so many people go) without making another signing. I just hope Roman is paying attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Just getting the losses out of the way.

Unbeaten league season on the way :pac:

First team squad numbers

1. Petr Cech
    2. Branislav Ivanovic
    3. Ashley Cole
    5. Michael Essien
    6. Ricardo Carvalho
    8. Frank Lampard
    10. Yossi Benayoun
    11. Didier Drogba
    12. John Mikel Obi
    15. Florent Malouda
    17. Jose Bosingwa
    18. Yury Zhirkov
    19. Paulo Ferreira
    21. Salomon Kalou
    22. Ross Turnbull
    23. Daniel Sturridge
    24. Nemanja Matic
    26. John Terry
    33. Alex
    39. Nicolas Anelka
    40. Hilario
    41. Sam Hutchinson
    42. Michael Mancienne
    43. Jeffrey Bruma
    44. Gael Kakuta
    45. Fabio Borini

4. Ramires ???

I think that has been retired since a certain Ukrainian held it......

Barr wrote: »

Lucky our 1st few games are easy, lets just get narrow wins there grab the points, by then we should be up to top fitness ....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement