Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Kakuta on for Fulham, 5-1 down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

abelard wrote: »
    I don't think Carlo is going to change our system much and bring in much width. Having said that, that is just one negative, which I think is far outweighed by the positives of keeping Carlo on for at least another year (preferably more).

The exit door leads in!

Here's the guardian saying its villas-boas and hiddink

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/09/chelsea-guus-hiddink-andre-villas-boas

and here's another article that says there arent many better out there. Which I agree with. It lists most of what of what I have been saying about Carlo

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/there-is-nowhere-for-chelsea-to-go-after-ancelotti

Carlo has changed systems before and blended in new and old stars at AC Milan

Whether he will get the chance to do at chelsea, is debatable. The team is IMHO going to be built around Torres. You dont spend that sort of money in hope. Whether wingers are the answer who knows? I've seen plenty of crosses whipped into the box, but we dont have anybody who can play the killer pass, a joe cole/kaka/zola type player.
    But should torres be so one dimensional that he can only play off the shoulder of the last defender? He needs to up his game for sure

Chelsea will back season stronger and better for sure - and more so if we can keep the same manager

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I personally think it'd be crazy to sack Carlo.
    But if Roman does i think he should appoint someone ASAP
    Half way through the summer may leave preparations behind others

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Il hold my hand up as one of the first to call for Carlos head in the middle of the lull , but I realize now that was a mistake and he drastically turned our form around coming into the final furlong , there is no shame in been beaten by a better team which Man U have been over our past 3 meetings.

I really hope he gets another season under his belt at the club , this open door policy with managers is very annoying , and its terrible that every day you read from 10 different media outlets that so and so is going to be the next man for the job.

Hopefully Roman shows some balls and keeps the man on board ,a double and second place the following season aint too bad, specially when trying to re jig the squad with signings in January , had we made these signings at the beginning of the season and then played they way we have, I would agree with the calls for him to move on.

Hopefully this will be the season he gets to mold his own squad , and build around Nando and brings some width back to our game, Personally I feel the reason for our downfall this season was the lack of width and more importantly Carlo was without a wingman on the sidelines.

Sacking Ray has turned out to be a huge mistake , Carlo has cut a very lonely figure on the sidelines this season , he does not even seem to take any advice from the Man RA put in as assistant first team coach but seems to be interacting with Paul Clement(Who is also assistant first team coach, for some reason we have 3! ) a lot for the latter part of the season.

I would love to see Zola come on board as our Coach, and I can tell you this much he then after a few seasons under Carlo's wing would be the perfect man to take over the throne, either that or drop the yes man put in as coach and give Clement the roll full time and drop Emenalo.

I see Carlo brought Bruno Demichelis with him from AC but I think we need a man to replace what ray used to do for a Carlo, and I jesus I cant even put a picture to that guys face , didnt even hear of him mentioned much this season

Looking forward to next season already ,

Going to be so many teams in the Mix, Us , Man U, Arsenal,Liverpool, City, maybe spurs if they can keep there team together.

City I think will be the ones to watch next season, with CL football virtually in the bag , the caliber of player they will be able to attract is going to be immense, also beware the wounded animal , it would be madness not give Kenny the job at the Pool, we could be seeing a really resurgent Liverpool next season with a huge point to prove in the way of a 19th title .

Can it just be August already !!! PLEASE !!!!

I hope we don't sign Kaka, would be a terrible move for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I really think we will sign him.

His aul one says they will be preaching the word of god in London from August.

I actually think he'd be an excellent signing.
    I think he'd work well with Torres

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

amiable wrote: »
    I actually think he'd be an excellent signing.
    I think he'd work well with Torres

Is he not crocked , although if we do sign him I think it would be an indication that Carlo may be staying .

He got the best out of him, although at 29 I think we should be looking for someone that bit younger .

What type of money is been talked about for him ? I know real paid £56 million
    for him , He has only played 37 times since signing in 2009 but has 15 goals !

He has suffered badly with injury over there, could he be another crock ?

Is he not crocked , although if we do sign him I think it would be an indication that Carlo may be staying .

He got the best out of him, although at 29 I think we should be looking for someone that bit younger .

What type of money is been talked about for him ? I know real paid £56 million
    for him , He has only played 37 times since signing in 2009 but has 15 goals !

He has suffered badly with injury over there, could he be another crock ?
    I'm not sure if he's over his injuries but i'd be sure Chelsea will do their homework on that front.
    At 29 it would be crazy to shell out too much on him but maybe he could move on loan?
    Talent wise i think Kaka is up there with some of the best.

I'd agree about if he signs it may be a sign that Carlo might be staying.
    Its the first thing i thought of.

I'm not sure if he's over his injuries but i'd be sure Chelsea will do their homework on that front.
    At 29 it would be crazy to shell out too much on him but maybe he could move on loan?
    Talent wise i think Kaka is up there with some of the best.

I'd agree about if he signs it may be a sign that Carlo might be staying.
    Its the first thing i thought of.

It wouldnt be a bad start to our dealings if im honest , He would cover the same sort of postions Lampard would play in .

Lamps has gone very slow on the ball , always slows the game down when it goes to him , I dont think he has 50 games a season left in him any more .

Id like to see Josh get to step us next season also, really looking forward to sturridge coing back to the club

• Advertisement

It wouldnt be a bad start to our dealings if im honest , He would cover the same sort of postions Lampard would play in .

Lamps has gone very slow on the ball , always slows the game down when it goes to him , I dont think he has 50 games a season left in him any more .

Id like to see Josh get to step us next season also, really looking forward to sturridge coing back to the club
    Do you think Sturrige can play with Torres?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Next season , in contrast to this season, is going to be ultra-competitive.
    I see at least 4 sides battling it out from day one for the title.
    City and Liverpool will be in contention next season so we will need to have a stable setup in place asap to hit the ground running.

Looking forward to next season already ,

Going to be so many teams in the Mix, Us , Man U, Arsenal,Liverpool, City, maybe spurs if they can keep there team together.

City I think will be the ones to watch next season, with CL football virtually in the bag , the caliber of player they will be able to attract is going to be immense, also beware the wounded animal , it would be madness not give Kenny the job at the Pool, we could be seeing a really resurgent Liverpool next season with a huge point to prove in the way of a 19th title .

Can it just be August already !!! PLEASE !!!!

Do you think Sturrige can play with Torres?

I think he is the type of lad who just wants to play football , I would say he would happily play off Torres on the left or right.

With his pace and desire could be a perfect combo !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Id agree, I know he's an amazing player but we've been burned by Sheva before, he's just at that age that id worry about spending big money and I dont think its worth the risk, id much rather a Paulo Henrique, get in someone young who will grow with the team! like lamps did!
    Lamps has gone very slow on the ball , always slows the game down when it goes to him

On that topic, also agree that Lampard has been looking on the wane lately, I know he scored the only goal against Utd but he was awful other than that, he very rarely hits the first time balls that Torres needs and in that game always gave the other team time to get their defense organized.

By no means sell the guy, I love lamps, but he needs a break, Id leave him off for the last 2 games and put in Josh instead then hopefully they move for someone in the summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

It all depends on the price of kaka, if he comes cheap then why not, we could do with a player like him but at 29 I would not be spending too much on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Is Zola definitely coming back as a coach so?

Looks like Bosingwa may have played his last game for us...... no surprise really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

For the right price we should definitely take Kaka I think. What would be the ideal way to fit him in though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

If Kaka coming in means Drogba going the other way, I'm completely against it.

Otherwise I'd like it if the price was right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

For the right price we should definitely take Kaka I think. What would be the ideal way to fit him in though?

But what's the right price? I've said in the Kaka thread that I'm a big admirer of his but I just think he's too likely to be a flop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Its a bloody big risk, following on from the Torres one.
    Dirk Kuyt would be a lot cheaper and is a proven fit for Torres :D

All the talk of Drogba leaving is making me sad. :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It'll have to happen sooner or later, and might be the best thing to do to get Torres firing.

Kaka looks to me like he's got a good bit of football left in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Lads, Torres is a class act and after a full pre-season he will be back causing havoc again.
    Drogba would be a big loss to the PL. Even though I am a United fan, he is a class footballer and a great character!

It'll have to happen sooner or later, and might be the best thing to do to get Torres firing.

Kaka looks to me like he's got a good bit of football left in him.

Really hope we dont get him or we've learnt nothing. Yes he might sell a few shirts, but 30mill! We need young blood to blend in with the existing "oldies".
    Man U have the perfect template. Mix of young and old.
    Really hope Drogba stays, we got rid of Ballack and maybe even J Cole a bit too early and then had no backup when Lamps etc got injured

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Really hope we dont get him or we've learnt nothing. Yes he might sell a few shirts, but 30mill! We need young blood to blend in with the existing "oldies".
    Man U have the perfect template. Mix of young and old.
    Really hope Drogba stays, we got rid of Ballack and maybe even J Cole a bit too early and then had no backup when Lamps etc got injured
    Perfectly valid viewpoint, the only thing I'd say is that Kaka would only be a couple of months older in the summer than Anelka was when yee signed him. It'd be a risk, and £30m would seem a lot if indeed that was the figure, but it could certainly be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blackburn in the final

I really dont understand the media frenzy about Carlo being sacked.
    The expectation of it. I know Roman has a track record, but why are they not linking, say, Harry Rednapp with being sacked.

Lets compare!

Harry Rednapp
    Isnt going to have CL football next season, and possibly not even European football

Hasnt won in the league since a home game to Stoke on the 9th April, and won only 2 games including that one since the 12th Feb.

Has never won a trophy with his current club

No mention in the media about him sacked though

Carlo Ancelotti
    Is currently 2nd in the League, already qualified for CL next season

Only lost two league games since the 6th Feb

Won the Double in his first season,.

Has been constantly linked with being sacked

I really hope Roman goes against type and keeps him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

... Lets compare! ...
    Abramovich, and his expectations. That's the difference.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2357053,00.html

Gone for Cech and Alex's goal against Arsenal, was tough between Drogbas at Bolton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The Drog against the Bolton for me, cracker!

Anyone get the new jersey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Johner wrote: »
    Is it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I pre-ordered mine ages ago, should have it within the next couple of days!!! :D

• Advertisement

last time I checked the soccer triads, the long sleeve version one was sold out.
    Fancy getting it with David Luiz on the back. Either that or a short sleeve Rameries one, ohh decisions decisions!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Torres starting on Sun, Bertrand out with a small hamstring tear, Boswinga won't play again this season IMO he's a goner.
    Carlo said he'll play his best possible team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I've gone for Cech and Dider, it was between Drog's goal against Bolton and Kalou's solo against B'gham but gone for Didier cause it was a ferocious shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Johner wrote: »

May try pick this up tmro, 57euro seems to be the cheapest from Champion sports or Lifestyle, but name and number will be extra as always!

might pick up another one from soccer triads with mceachran/sturridge/kakuta on the back to compare them!!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    May try pick this up tmro, 57euro seems to be the cheapest from Champion sports or Lifestyle, but name and number will be extra as always!

might pick up another one from soccer triads with mceachran/sturridge/kakuta on the back to compare them!!
    I think i heard somewhere that Lifestyle are doing free name and numbers on jerseys bought up until Sunday

• Advertisement

Torres starts against Newcastle

ANCELOTTI: NEW AIM, SAME STANDARDS

Posted on: Fri 13 May 2011
    First place in the league table may well be settled by the time Chelsea kick off against Newcastle on Sunday but the chance of second spot, which can effectively be sealed with a win, plus ending our home games on a high, should be inspiration enough believes Carlo Ancelotti.
    The manager will make a few changes to side, including the return of Fernando Torres to the starting line-up, the Spaniard having been used as a substitute at Old Trafford last weekend, but it will be a strong and committed team that takes to the pitch.
    'Our aim is second place, we have that possibility by winning the game against Newcastle and this is the motivation for the players, to play a good game and to have a good reaction after the bad game we played against Manchester United,' says Ancelotti.
    'It has not been an easy week because before the game against Man United everything was okay and after the game our aim changed.
    'This is a different game to when we lost at home to Newcastle this season. It is a different team and that was a Carling Cup match. We were not so interested in that at the start of the season. Now Newcastle have a different coach, another kind of play, but we have to stay in focus on our performance because we want to end this season at home well with a good result and a good performance.'
    Ancelotti has a fully fit squad apart from two full-backs. Ryan Bertrand suffered a small hamstring strain in the reserve team's game on Monday and is unavailable for Sunday. Jose Bosingwa will not play in the final two games of the season.
    'Bosingwa felt during training a little click in his knee and the doctor and himself decided not to take a risk and for him to stay out for the rest of the season.
    'I read in the newspapers that Bosingwa was out because he had an argument with me. He did not have an argument with me. I didn't keep him out of the squad because he did a mistake against Manchester United [in the home Champions League match]. If he was not involved in games it was just for his behaviour, not for his mistake.'
    Ancelotti has yet to decide whether David Luiz, who was substituted at half-time in the last game, will start on Sunday.
    'I was a little bit angry with him,' the manager admitted, referring back to the Old Trafford game, 'but he doesn't have to be afraid about this because he is a fantastic player. He made a little mistake but this is good for him to understand better the English football and to understand better the behaviour of the defender.
    'He came here in January and he started really well, he was a surprise for everyone and he played fantastic football, but a defender has to stay in focus for 90 minutes from the beginning to the end. He is very young and he has to improve there. It is not a technical problem because he has fantastic skill but he has to be able to stay in focus for 90 minutes.
    'He was not responsible for the defeat [against Manchester United],' he emphasised. 'That we conceded a goal after 30 seconds was not good but it was not just his mistake because on the long ball we were not able to put pressure, we were not able to win the second ball, and we were not able to cover the run of Hernandez so there it was a collective mistake, not an individual one.'
    With Sunday the last time the Stamford Bridge crowd and the first-team players and coaches will share the stadium this season, Ancelotti has spoken about the support he has received from the fans.
    'It is fantastic for me that they appreciate my job and they are very close to me. They continue to stay with me and this is a very good step, a very good aim that I was able to reach in this year.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I think i heard somewhere that Lifestyle are doing free name and numbers on jerseys bought up until Sunday

yeah, it's 49.99 in Lifestyle with free printing.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

blue-army wrote: »

Do they have the long sleeve one for €50? anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

blue-army wrote: »

Found this out AFTER I bought it in Sports World in Portlaoise, was absolutely raging.

Sturridges' general play has been excellent today, unlucky not to have 2 so far

Sturridges' general play has been excellent today, unlucky not to have 2 so far

I'm happy for Blackburn at the minute too...dare to dream?!:)

papagormo wrote: »

meh couldn't watch it, all a bit inevitable!

meh couldn't watch it, all a bit inevitable!

I'm not watching it either, am in the library keeping an eye on yahoo text updates...just in case!

papagormo wrote: »

It would be funny - especially after the media love in!

It would be funny - especially after the media love in!

I would die laughing. Imagine for some quare reason United lost today and their last game while we do a "last game of the season against Wigan" on the remaining two fixtures and lob in the goals like they are going out of fashion!
    I'd giggle, giggle I say!:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement