Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

And Sturridge does it again.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Bit uneealistic to say we will win it hopefully we can make it go to the last day.or Blackburn can

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Still no takers for Everton ticket? Someone of you guys must be able to afford it. If I could - I'd be there! Will post to contact in England on Monday - if no takers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

So Utd get jammy penno to win the league, to be honest they won it when we stopped playing from Nov to Jan, we were 10 points clear, Utd have only won 5 away games this season, hate Barca but hope they take Utd to the cleaners and get a couple of dodgey pennos. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

smuckers wrote: »
    So Utd get jammy penno to win the league, to be honest they won it when we stopped playing from Nov to Jan, we were 10 points clear, Utd have only won 5 away games this season, hate Barca but hope they take Utd to the cleaners and get a couple of dodgey pennos. :D

lemons.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

almanu wrote: »
    lemons.jpg

I think you'd find utd fans to more bitter when they don't win the league ie. claiming we won the league by an offline goal last year.

But I'd say Congrats to Utd...they had their luck throughout the season but to win the league u need need luck.. overall deserved to win the league

Look forward to challenging again next year and hopefully no more "bad moments" on our end. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

So Chelsea fans, what do your team need to be back on top again next season.

I've said before that i believ that Chelsea will spend big this summer.
    Doesn't mean a big change in the squad.
    I can see Chelsea signing 3 quality players.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

amiable wrote: »
    So Chelsea fans, what do your team need to be back on top again next season.

I've said before that i believ that Chelsea will spend big this summer.
    Doesn't mean a big change in the squad.
    I can see Chelsea signing 3 quality players.

I don't think we need too much change...

A quality winger & creative midfielder...I'd be quite happy with that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

superfrank wrote:
    I don't think we need too much change...

A quality winger & creative midfielder...I'd be quite happy with that

I'd be happy with even just a quality attacking midfielder to be honest. I think that's what we've been missing most recently. On top of that, just replacements, eg if we sell Bosingwa, a new RB; if we sell Drogba, bring in someone like Lukaku.

As a bonus perhaps one or two young players with promise who we can develop over the next few years (unfortunately an unlikely scenario with Chelsea in recent years).

Quality wingers would be nice, but Ancelotti seems to be signalling that our system is not going to change any time soon, so I don't see us bringing in the likes of Sanchez or someone like that. And as much as I'd like to see us add some width, I trust Carlo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

For me, a lot depends on whether or not we offload Drogba. If we keep him, then surely we must be looking at some kind of 442 setup, this would require at least one winger to be brought in, though I'd prefer 2 as I'm just not that confident in Malouda. We have to think about wide backup also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

almanu wrote: »
    lemons

Also, will you lot ever cut out the bitter lemon shite. It's a crap, old "joke" that gets wheeled out every time someone mentions anything negative regarding United.

Some people don't like your club, it's all part of the game, there are reasons other than bitterness as to why this may be the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

gents if the Drog is to part ways this summer, it would be a sad thing no doubt, he has been amazing for the club since his arrival. However, we do have one weapon in our midst..and his name is...
    Danny Sturridge!

papagormo wrote: »
    gents if the Drog is to part ways this summer, it would be a sad thing no doubt, he has been amazing for the club since his arrival. However, we do have one weapon in our midst..and his name is...
    Danny Sturridge!
    So will Sturrige play with Torres?
    Why am i asking this? You won't see this to answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Drogba is still our best player IMO so getting rid of him would be madness.

Drogba, Danny, Torres & Anelka. Let kalou go- too inconsistent Let essien go while we can still get money for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Drogba is our best player but as much as it hurts, I think we'll be bidding him farewell

MUSEIST wrote: »

Haha! 250 to 1 with Carroll shirts. Not badd!
    Still considering getting me a David Luiz long sleeve, although the keeper shirt has an air of Galway about it with its maroon and white going on!:D
    cfc-85196.jpg?width=400&height=400&quality=95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I love that shirt was thinking about getting that myself!

I love that shirt was thinking about getting that myself!

it makes a nice change from the highlighter look alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Haha! 250 to 1 with Carroll shirts. Not badd!
    Still considering getting me a David Luiz long sleeve, although the keeper shirt has an air of Galway about it with its maroon and white going on!:D

Pity it's not the away kit! That's really nice.

Any rumours on the away kit for next year btw? Hopefully it's not something glow-in-the-dark as in the past!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Carlo to reveal all

And Ancelotti promised to be frank about Chelsea's slump, which coincided with the sacking of assistant Ray Wilkins against the manager's wishes.

'I know exactly what happened this season,' he added. 'And I will tell you at the end of the season

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1387125/I-reveal-Chelseas-slump-warns-Carlo-Ancelotti.html#ixzz1MN1yY9GW

Sounds a bit hyped up I think.

Meh, roll on next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

2nd still not certain.

I hate performances like that. Should have played the youth team, might have got more effort. Lamps was chronic, maceachran was better than him tbh, the only one who even tried to pass the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

At least second is all but wrapped up now.

I hate it when we have no idea what roman has in mind for the future with regards the manager. I hope he makes up his mind quick.

Lampard im my big worry for the future. I think we bady need a replacement. Maceachran looks good for the long term but in the short term I really dont know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Carlo is a class act, and those muppet sky sport interviewers ask him about his future, he says he doesn't know, then they ask him do you think the decision will be made before the final league game.

Latest on Lukaku, good few places reporting this,

Lukaku: I'll only play for winners

TEENAGE sensation Romelu Lukaku has vowed he will only join a team of 'winners' like Manchester United or Chelsea.

The Anderlecht striker, 18, is one the hottest properties in world football after setting the Belgian league alight with 31 goals in 66 performances.

He said: "The English league is the one best suited to me. I would move to England. It's the top for me.

"I watch Chelsea and Manchester United, they are both always at the top. Those teams have real leaders on the field, players who want to win. They are all fighters.

"I want to play in bigger championships with bigger players and with bigger coaches."

Lukaku may not have long to wait, with Chelsea rumoured to have stepped up their interest again in recent weeks. And Lukuka has based his playing style on his idol - Didier Drogba.

Looks like Avram will be our new director of football with Zola as head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Hello League One:eek:

As much as i love Zola please for the love of god dont come back with that useless clown above you!

2 relegations in a row and lost every big game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

This is worrying if true.
    Zola is my favourite Chelsea player of all time but he is not ready or experienced enough for this yet - he may never be, and being guided by AG wouldn't inspire confidence either.

Sign him up. :D Better than Torres anyway.:pac:

Reserve final tonight against Blackburn on Chelsea TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Johner wrote: »
    Branno vid

Sign him up. :D Better than Torres anyway.:pac:

That is absolutely brilliant.. I'm a big fan of Ivan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

last game of the season to go, 2nd or 3rd depending on us winning or losing - in my opinion not much a difference other than a few extra million, who do you play and what formation? do we try keep Drogba happy and let him start or keep plugging away with Torres? Did Josh do enough to start again?

• Advertisement

LanceStorm wrote: »
    last game of the season to go, 2nd or 3rd depending on us winning or losing

2nd. :P Unless City score about 15 goals in the last two games and we lose to Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I think Chelsea have 2nd pretty much wrapped up, which is something of a curate's egg, in fairness. 2nd considering how much stronger on paper we look than most is not good enough, but then again, points and placements are the only stats that matter and 2nd is where we lie.

As has been said, unless Citeh bang in like 15 goals and we lose to Everton, we're grand in 2nd.

I'd love to see City actually getting 3rd. Marvellous 2 fingers to the Arsenal who were in the hunt for a quadruple and ended up trophyless and having to go into CL qualifiers... oh the irony. And yes, I am a bitter, horrible fukker. What of it?:p

Roll on next season, where we can hopefully prove that we can compete and pull it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

If anyone finds Livefootie online link for reserves game - appreciate it. Not at home with my beloved CTV.

Not listed on liveonlinefooty :mad:

What are the defenders and Turnbull playing at. Should be 1 down

Johner wrote: »
    What are the defenders and Turnbull playing at. Should be 1 down

Any streams Johner?

• Advertisement

Sloppy play at the back there again and its 1-0 Blackburn.

Any streams Johner?

I'm watching on Chelsea TV.

Here's one though,

http://vipbox.tv/watch/32766/1/chelsea-res-v-blackburn-res.-play-off-final.html

Nearly 1-1. :(

Tore should have scored there

and so should Philip

What a strike

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement