Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cracker alright!

Turnbull acting the bollox again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Shevchenko!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

LanceStorm wrote: »
    last game of the season to go, 2nd or 3rd depending on us winning or losing - in my opinion not much a difference other than a few extra million, who do you play and what formation? do we try keep Drogba happy and let him start or keep plugging away with Torres? Did Josh do enough to start again?

Yes I'd start Josh again was neat and tidy on the ball but didn't have the stamina to last a whole match.
    Hopefully Torres will come good next season, its not the goals which are worrying me, its what he is doing when he has the ball which is feck all, perhaps he hasn't fully recovered from his groin injury, but I havent seen the old Torres with speed that defences were scared of, that said he's not getting enough through balls. Yes I'd let him start against Everton.

Shevchenko!

He's playing up front with Torres the dream partnership :Could be a coaching role perhaps??????/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

penos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Well done reserves:D

Get in, Champions :D

Great penos in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Good to see Roman Cheering on the boys...Strangely enough he was there with shevchenko!! Ancelotti also there.

How did Clifford play? wonder will he get a championship team next year?

• Advertisement

superfrank wrote: »
    Good to see Roman Cheering on the boys...Strangely enough he was there with shevchenko!! Ancelotti also there.

How did Clifford play? wonder will he get a championship team next year?

I did not see that, was carlo sitting with roman??

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I did not see that, was carlo sitting with roman??

Don't think so...I didn't actually see carlo but the commentators said he was in attendance....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

fair play to the reserves!!

surely this shows that we have a decent set of youngsters coming through, out of all our reserves and youth team players who at the moment looks like they could break through(having not seen any reserve games myself)??

2011 contract endings: Confirmed departures - Borini, Sampayo, Woods, Rodgers, Devyne, Philliskirk. TBC - Hilário, Bosingwa, Sebek.

Confirmation of Borini leaving. :(

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6938324,00.html
    Fabio Borini is hoping to remain in England this summer, but admits his Chelsea career is over.

The Italian was offered a new deal by the Blues earlier this season, but has failed to agree terms on an extension to his Stamford Bridge contract.

He is now planning to move on once his current deal expires and has set his sights on turning out in the Premier League in 2011/12.

He may reach that level with loan employers Swansea, who he joined in March, after helping Brendan Rodgers' side into the Championship play-off final.

Borini has hinted that he would be willing to discuss a permanent move should the Swans win promotion, but insists any talk regarding his future can wait until after his date with destiny at Wembley on 30th May.
    Compensation

"It is a fact I will leave Chelsea, because I didn't renew the contract," he said.

"I want to carry on playing and I would like to stay in England because it is the best football in Europe.

"I want to carry on playing and I would like to stay in England because it is the best football in Europe."

"Negotiations went wrong at Chelsea so we both chose to go away and let the contract expire. At the end of the season they will get some compensation for me as a young player.

"But it is too early to think about the transfer window. I think about Wembley now and that is it."

Rodgers could play a leading role in bringing Borini back to the Liberty Stadium next season, as the 20-year-old striker has been mightily impressed by the Swans boss.

He added: "Brendan has been great and helped me a lot. He just got my confidence higher and higher which is very important for a young player.

"I have known him since the first day I came to Chelsea. He was impressed by me and I was impressed by him.

"I knew him a lot from Chelsea and that is the main thing why I came here.

"When the manager knows you already it is a big point to start with. It is a big confidence boost and a big thing for you that a manager is positive about you.

"He is always available and is a good teacher for football and for life."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Johner wrote: »
    All fans get disappointed when their young players don't make the breakthrough we were hoping for.

Over in the Liverpool thread alot of the posters can't understand why Pacheco hasn't got more chances.

What i'm trying to say is we have to trust the people who watch these kids every day.

Granted some kids slip through the net but generally the big clubs get it right as i'm sure Chelsea are here IMO.

Any news on Mancienne?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8521834/Neymar-Brazils-Next-Big-Thing-could-still-be-the-answer-to-Chelseas-prayers.html

I really hope chelsea go all out to get this lad, we were so close last summer, hopefully we go for him again.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8521834/Neymar-Brazils-Next-Big-Thing-could-still-be-the-answer-to-Chelseas-prayers.html

I really hope chelsea go all out to get this lad, we were so close last summer, hopefully we go for him again.
    Where would you see him in next seasons formation?

He's looked a talent anytime i've seen him.

He'll certainly be in Europe soon IMO

amiable wrote: »
    Where would you see him in next seasons formation?

He's looked a talent anytime i've seen him.

He'll certainly be in Europe soon IMO

If we play 4-3-3 he could play left or right of torres/drogba. Probably replacing anelka??????

Its hard to know, we are not even sure who our manager will be.

• Advertisement

If we play 4-3-3 he could play left or right of torres/drogba. Probably replacing anelka??????

Hmmm, as always with us a lots of if's and maybe's.

My worry is how to give Danny game time, if we have Torres (Almost certain to be given a lot more starts) The club have already said publicly that Drogba will be staying (Unless he himself wants away)
    Through Neymar into the mix and that means Danny will at best have the Kalou role.
    Really, we only need 4 forwards, and two of them have to happy to be on the bench.
    I was hoping we could use the Man U model - Big established player (rooney) playing with new young player (hernadez) So Danny playing with Torres and sometimes Drogba.

What we really need is a creative midfielder - we have lots of generals, enforcers etc but no one since Joe Cole who could come on and win a game with special pass or trick

a CFC caller claimed Mordic deal is done and will sign on June 22nd, if true not exactly chuffed, he can be a very good player but does go missing.

4-3-3

Neymar - Torres - Sturridge

Ramires - Essien - Lampard

Cole - Terry - Luiz - Ivanovic

sounds perfect to me, Drogs if he stays can alternate for Torres.

I would still hope we get in someone to midfield for creativity, maybe Neymar could drop back and play in the hole behind Torres, but someone to pull the strings is badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

LanceStorm wrote: »
    4-3-3

Neymar - Torres - Sturridge

Ramires - Essien - Lampard

Cole - Terry - Luiz - Ivanovic

sounds perfect to me, Drogs if he stays can alternate for Torres.

I would still hope we get in someone to midfield for creativity, maybe Neymar could drop back and play in the hole behind Torres, but someone to pull the strings is badly needed.

That's less width than we currently have, our main problem this season is we try and play through the middle far too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Lukker- wrote: »
    That's less width than we currently have, our main problem this season is we try and play through the middle far too often.

Is that a problem in itself though? The way I saw it, the problem was that we were trying to play through the middle with central midfielders who were often incapable of breaking through the opposition DM's and threatening defenders. If we could return to the more dynamic versions of Essien and Lampard from seasons previous to this one, and maybe add a technically gifted and pacey attacking threat to midfield as well, I wouldn't really mind sticking with a narrower 4-3-3

now thats only if we were keeping the same formation with the additions of Danny and Neymar!

id love to see us play a solid 4-4-2 and get ourselves an out and out right winger, but we've only really been linked with N'Zogbia for that position and thats not the signing I want to see!

Malouda is fine on the left for me, as when he's playing well he contributes with a good few goals, if you had a good right winger to match him then they would be a great supply for Torres and Danny upfront!

I love Anelka and Drogba, but there comes a time when you have to make some changes and I think the two of them should probably be moved on. Drogs to Marseille, Anelka to the highest American bidder!

• Advertisement

abelard wrote: »
    Is that a problem in itself though? The way I saw it, the problem was that we were trying to play through the middle with central midfielders who were often incapable of breaking through the opposition DM's and threatening defenders. If we could return to the more dynamic versions of Essien and Lampard from seasons previous to this one, and maybe add a technically gifted and pacey attacking threat to midfield as well, I wouldn't really mind sticking with a narrower 4-3-3

We have to have options, too many teams have us sussed after so many years of using the same system, it's nigh on impossible to break some teams down through the middle like City, Stoke etc. I've no problem with the 4-3-3 but instead of having 2 second strikers I'd prefer the likes of Malouda and Sanchez on either side (if Malouda did not drift in-field for once), we really need to move the ball around the pitch more and pull the defenders around to create space. We have an awfully slow build-up.

smuckers wrote: »
    a CFC caller claimed Mordic deal is done and will sign on June 22nd, if true not exactly chuffed, he can be a very good player but does go missing.

Just as many reports denying this!

http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/manchester-united/1212915-forget-luka-modric-tottenham-warn-manchester-united-and-chelsea.html

We have an awfully slow build-up.

I put alot of that down to Lampard and to a lesser extent Essien, very slow to move the ball forward or try a first time killer ball, the last few games of the season, especially against Utd have really highlighted it, im hoping its just a sign of tiredness from Lamps and the summer off will have him back to normal.

I really think Carlo is going - the silence from the club is deafening.
    He's only hope is that Roman just cant get anybody else

I really think Carlo is going - the silence from the club is deafening.
    He's only hope is that Roman just cant get anybody else

as much as this will be what jinxes Carlo, I honestly have belief in Roman that he knows he has the best man for the job in place already, a man who delivered the double in his first season and who just needs a good pre-season and a few signings to win some trophies again next season!!

Last summer Fergie had to do the exact same thing, make some fresh signings and then continue doing what his club does, win. This summer hopefully we do the same.

Roman isnt an idiot, he's a friggin billionaire, the merry-go-round of managers cannot continue, stability is key!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

CFCNews
    RAMIRES WINS BEST GOAL: Ramires has won Chelsea's Goal of the Season award, after his stunning individual effort... http://dlvr.it/SHfqH
    Josh McEachran wins the #CFC Young Player of the Year Award.
    Ashley Cole wins the #CFC Player's Player of the Year Award.
    Petr Cech is the #CFC Player of the Year for 2010/11

I voted for Cech, fully deserved.

Ash is a weird choice for players player, maybe last season but, I'd def have thought Terry would have got it.

They all seem to love Ashley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

like him or not you have to hand it to Cole he is the best left back in world and has been very consistant over a number of years

Saw the press conference, looked like Carlo was resigned to his fate, did say there doesn't need to be many additions, and Kalou and Drogs are staying though he said same about Cole and Ballack.
    No mention of the team other than Ramieres and Bos out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Veles wrote: »
    Out of the match or out of the club?

Match although Bos is a gonner.

• Advertisement

Cant see us getting anything at everton on sunday, carlo has a poor record against them and they must be licking their lips at the prospect of our dull, slow and predictable football. 2-1 everton methinks:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Boswinga, Zhirkov, Sturridge and Cork all set to be offloaded this summer apparently. Surprised at Sturridge given his goal scoring this season although personally i don't think he's good enough for Chelsea, too one footed.

Yuri has been the biggest disspointment for me, never really got going despite looking like the real deal when we signed him.

I can't see Carlo being in charge come August, just hope the rumour of a Zola / Grant partnership are nonsense.

Would be stupid to get rid of Sturridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Would be stupid to get rid of Sturridge

Yeah really stupid. Romans advisors are the biggest problem at the club if that is the case. It would be much better, if they don't want to play him, to send him on a season long loan, if he bangs them in again, we know we have the real deal, if not, then let him go. Financially it might not make sense but from a football perspective it makes complete sense.

Chelsea team for Everton: Cech, Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Essien, Lampard, Malouda, Torres, Anelka.

Chelsea subs for Everton: Turnbull, Luiz, Zhirkov, Ferreira, Kalou, Bertrand, McEachran. No Drogba at all.

No Drogba at all. Any see reports that Dorgba is off the Galatasaray ??

http://www.galatasaray.org.la-rp.com/futbol/futbol_as/haber/10099.php

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

superfrank wrote: »
    Chelsea team for Everton: Cech, Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Essien, Lampard, Malouda, Torres, Anelka.

Chelsea subs for Everton: Turnbull, Luiz, Zhirkov, Ferreira, Kalou, Bertrand, McEachran. No Drogba at all.

No Drogba at all. Any see reports that Dorgba is off the Galatasaray ??

http://www.galatasaray.org.la-rp.com/futbol/futbol_as/haber/10099.php
    Phew! Hard to believe we've seen the last of him in a Chelsea shirt. Was going to happen sooner or later - but would have liked him to go out on a high.
    IF ITS TRUE HE'S GOING!:mad:

:(

Drogba = legend

Drogba was one of the few strikers that scared the absolute sh1t out of centre backs.

At times he was unplayable IMO.

In saying all that he might just be getting an early holiday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Well Jack Cork (@jackcork1) is telling us what he really thinks on Twitter

Can't believe chelsea team today. Why don't they give anyone a chance? What's the worst that could happen today really?

So maybe he knows his days are numbered...

Can't believe we'd sell Sturridge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement