Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Does Papagormo just thank everyone who replies to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

amiable wrote: »
    Fair enough, my tongue was placed firmly in cheek:)

I'd say Roman has decided who he wants already(or whoever is telling him what to do has)

He must know who he wants otherwise why sack a perfectly good manager.:confused::confused:your welcome papa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Quite why you and others have to come and disgregate our thread with this sort of crap is beyond me. Keep your negative views to yourself.
    We, as chelsea fans, are well aware of our own clubs failings.

Obviously not if one of your fans is calling the man who rescued the club from ruin a prick. You hae to take the bad with the good when it comes to these billionaire owners, his meddling is the price ye have to pay for the clu actually still being in existence not to mention him winning ye trophies ye only ever dreamed about before.

At least we have a club where the owner puts money in as opposed to your owners who have only ever taken money out.

At least we're consistent in our attitudes towards them instead of calling them pricks one minute and heroes the next!
    Jealousy is a terrible thing. I wont be gloating much when Man U go bust.

LOUL. Jealous of what? What a hilarious jibe to come out with today of all daysThere is no hope of United going bust. If thats what your clinging onto then you're in for a longer wait than the one ye'll have for a CL trophy. Your posts are fairly childish for a man of your years tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Delighted Carlo is gone,
    What good did he do at Chelsea this year?
    His first priority as manager is to get the team motivated for every match --> He was excruciatingly awful at this.
    I got the impression he thought he was too good for man management and too distant to the players, thus why losing Ray Wilkins was such a loss

Second priority picking the right players
    Thirs priority tactics, and changing them mid match

I don't think he ever defined his preferred team, never coped with anelka and drogba playing together, let alone Torres. Could not find a slot for Sturridge or the other youth

and his substitutes were horrendous - oh yes lets swap a Right back for a defensive midfielder as we have to chase the game etc.

Judging him on this season alone, if he had no reputation or history I would find it hard not to call him a complete plank and rubbish.

Next Permanent Manager
    Andre Villas-Boas 2/1
    Gus Hiddink 3/1
    Jose Mourinho 7/2
    Harry Redknapp 4/1
    Marco Van Basten 9/1
    Frank Rijkaard 12/1
    Pep Guardiola 12/1
    Didier Deschamps 12/1
    Marcello Lippi 16/1
    Rafa Benitez 20/1
    Martin O'Neill 20/1
    Gianfranco Zola 25/1
    Joachim Loew 25/1
    Martin Jol 25/1
    Louis Van Gaal 25/1
    Laurent Blanc 25/1
    Jurgen Klinsmann 33/1
    Fabio Capello 33/1
    Mark Hughes 33/1
    Roberto Di Matteo 33/1

flahavaj wrote: »
    Obviously not if one of your fans is calling the man who rescued the club from ruin a prick. You hae to take the bad with the good when it comes to these billionaire owners, his meddling is the price ye have to pay for the clu actually still being in existence not to mention him winning ye trophies ye only ever dreamed about before.

At least we have a club where the owner puts money in as opposed to your owners who have only ever taken money out.

At least we're consistent in our attitudes towards them instead of calling them pricks only when it suits us.

LOUL. Jealous of what? What a hilarious jibe to come out with today of all daysThere is no hope of United going bust. If thats what your clinging onto then you're in for a longer wait than the one ye'll have for a CL trophy. Your posts are fairly childish for a man of your years tbh.

But only 1 person called him a prick:confused:, I am confused about where you got all chelsea fans views from that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

MUSEIST wrote: »
    He must know who he wants otherwise why sack a perfectly good manager.:confused::confused:your welcome papa

:pac:
    Is there any links to the Danny/Borini stories? I can't find any online at the min.

But only 1 person called him a prick:confused:, I confused about where you got all chelsea fans views from that??

True, I got caught up in Sgt Peppers propensity to make this an "us" and "You lot" childish debate.

Delighted Carlo is gone,
    What good did he do at Chelsea this year?
    His first priority as manager is to get the team motivated for every match --> He was excruciatingly awful at this.
    I got the impression he thought he was too good for man management and too distant to the players, thus why losing Ray Wilkins was such a loss

Second priority picking the right players
    Thirs priority tactics, and changing them mid match

I don't think he ever defined his preferred team, never coped with anelka and drogba playing together, let alone Torres. Could not find a slot for Sturridge or the other youth

and his substitutes were horrendous - oh yes lets swap a Right back for a defensive midfielder as we have to chase the game etc.

Judging him on this season alone, if he had no reputation or history I would find it hard not to call him a complete plank and rubbish.

Next Permanent Manager
    Andre Villas-Boas 2/1
    Gus Hiddink 3/1
    Jose Mourinho 7/2
    Harry Redknapp 4/1
    Marco Van Basten 9/1
    Frank Rijkaard 12/1
    Pep Guardiola 12/1
    Didier Deschamps 12/1
    Marcello Lippi 16/1
    Rafa Benitez 20/1
    Martin O'Neill 20/1
    Gianfranco Zola 25/1
    Joachim Loew 25/1
    Martin Jol 25/1
    Louis Van Gaal 25/1
    Laurent Blanc 25/1
    Jurgen Klinsmann 33/1
    Fabio Capello 33/1
    Mark Hughes 33/1
    Roberto Di Matteo 33/1

I hated our lack of motivation also, players need to take some of the blame

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I love Carlo and all, but tbh, he has gotten his tactics completely wrong too many times this season, he said it himself he should have been sacked around Christmas, he knew the risks when he took the job, I doubt he will have any complaints.

• Advertisement

I hated our lack of motivation also, players need to take some of the blame

It was so frustrating, even against Spurs when we were going for the last goal, they seemed to just be going through the motions,
    that is the heart of management to me, at this stage in he season the players all know their roles and there jobs,
    they just need someone to push them the extra 10% in the same uniform direction.

Dave Brent could have done a better job ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Jason Cundy on SSN suggesting that there was a split dressing room, wouldn't suprise me at all.
    Sad to see Carlo go but he has no plan B when the chips were down, played no widemen and didn't get the best out of Torres

Ian McGarry on twitter convinced its Van Basten and Hiddink.

smuckers wrote: »
    Jason Cundy on SSN suggesting that there was a split dressing room, wouldn't suprise me at all.
    Sad to see Carlo go but he has no plan B when the chips were down, played no widemen and didn't get the best out of Torres

He did not get the best out of torres because we are not creative enough. It took us 25 mins today to create a good chance. Torres is a finisher not a creater, he had nothing to finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

In fairness, Jason Cundy is full of **** half the time.

Ian McGarry on twitter convinced its Van Basten and Hiddink.
    months ago he was certain Carlo was gone at the end of season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Sack one of the best managers in the world, madness
    It was Roman Abramovich who destroyed Chelseas season NOT Ancelotti :pac:

So what should we expect from here on in?
    Think the squad is pretty solid overall, most likely we will see something similar to last season, 2-3 exits and hopefully a creative midfielder and a winger introduced.
    And I hope to jaysus the Sturridge rumours is nothing more than horseshít, I can't help but wonder would the new manager (whoever it may be) have the capabilities of enticing Borini to stick around, he looks like a real prospect.

Van Basten would be a risk, he has little or no club management experience. Even with Hiddink in as a "mentor," you have to wonder how well these shared roles ever work. I mean, why not just give the job outright to Hiddink if you're going to get him in anyway? What will inevitable happen is van Basten will get the boot within the first 18 months and Hiddink will take over himself anyway.

Van Basten would be a risk, he has little or no club management experience. Even with Hiddink in as a "mentor," you have to wonder how well these shared roles ever work. I mean, why not just give the job outright to Hiddink if you're going to get him in anyway? What will inevitable happen is van Basten will get the boot within the first 18 months and Hiddink will take over himself anyway.

Yes but according to the rags hiddink has actually choosen van basten and it would not be romans decision, therefore they should work well toghether. I think roman would have hiddink in the job except he is not really interested in fulltime management anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

surprising from Lampard on twitter:

"It's time for you to leave, Roman Abramovich. We don't need you if you keep sacking managers. Carlo was a great guy"

sorry, just realised that the Frank Lampard on twitter isnt the real one, doh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

growler wrote: »

"It's time for you to leave, Roman Abramovich. We don't need you if you keep sacking managers. Carlo was a great guy"

Lampard doesn't have Twitter.

growler wrote: »

Jesus, Frank has balls of steel if he actually wrote that.

Edit, I now see that Lamps isn't on twitter

I thought he stopped tweeting years ago:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Johner wrote: »
    Lampard doesn't have Twitter.
    ^This

Yes but according to the rags hiddink has actually choosen van basten and it would not be romans decision, therefore they should work well toghether. I think roman would have hiddink in the job except he is not really interested in fulltime management anymore.

As I said earlier these management teams IMO fail far more than they work. Its far more preferable to have one strong voice at the helm of the club. No two people can ever agree on everything. Who'd have the final say? Because I have a funny feeling that it'd be Hiddink that'd have the final say on most things but it'll be van Basten that gets the door when it goes tits up.

Bringing in a guy like van Basten who only has a poor year at Ajax as the sum total of his club management experience is a poor idea, no matter how good his mentor is.

As a United fan, I hope it happens.

Van Basten would probably be another Scolari.

As I said earlier these management teams IMO fail far more than they work. Its far more preferable to have one strong voice at the helm of the club. No two people can ever agree on everything. Who'd have the final say? Because I have a funny feeling that it'd be Hiddink that'd have the final say on most things but it'll be van Basten that gets the door when it goes tits up.

Bringing in a guy like van Basten who only has a poor year at Ajax as the sum total of his club management experience is a poor idea, no matter how good his mentor is.

As a United fan, I hope it happens.

But its not a management team, hiddink would be dof. The role that arnesen currently has. The club are obviously looking for a young manager ( van basten or boas).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Hiddink will be coach of Turkey until after June 4th qf. Then be announced as Director of Football at #CFC followed by Van Basten as coach.
    Ian McGarry (5Live) on Twitter

van basten on his own = complete insanity
    van basten + hiddink as director of football = makes sense to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

At least we're consistent in our attitudes towards them instead of calling them pricks one minute and heroes the next!

Seriously, why are you posting in the chelsea thread?
    Its just gloating to me. And having the crack about buying success etc is not going to win you any friends in here
    I used the bust jibe as an example.
    I actually agree with some of what you have posted, but no chelsea fan needs a man u fan coming here shouting about buying success - that is just a pure wind up

garbosj Ian McGarry
    Neymar tops the list as marquee signing for #CFC. Team will be rebuilt around Torres to satisfy Abramovich's vanity purchase.

garbosj Ian McGarry
    #CFC have already instigated plans to sign 5 new players this summer. All of whom have been approved/recommended by Hiddink.

garbosj Ian McGarry
    Hiddink will be coach of Turkey until after June 4th qf. Then be announced as Director of Football at #CFC followed by Van Basten as coach.

garbosj Ian McGarry
    Neymar tops the list as marquee signing for #CFC. Team will be rebuilt around Torres to satisfy Abramovich's vanity purchase.

garbosj Ian McGarry
    #CFC have already instigated plans to sign 5 new players this summer. All of whom have been approved/recommended by Hiddink.

garbosj Ian McGarry

Does he have the lotto numbers by any chance:pac:

garbosj Ian McGarry

garbosj Ian McGarry

I don't really understand the reasoning behind this to be honest. If Hiddink is calling the shots on who should be brought in, then why not have him step up to the plate and oversee the new players integration into the squad, baffling.

garbosj Ian McGarry

garbosj Ian McGarry

garbosj Ian McGarry

McGarry is usually on the ball with Chelsea.

He's usually not far wrong IMO

He was right about Ancelloti in February/March

Yeah he has very good sources at the club!

He now claims that its Villa Boas with Hiddink. We knew about Neymar for months and it will probably happen.

papagormo wrote: »
    I don't really understand the reasoning behind this to be honest. If Hiddink is calling the shots on who should be brought in, then why not have him step up to the plate and oversee the new players integration into the squad, baffling.

It does seem as Roman has a lot of advisors, its almost like an ancient Kings court - who ever has the Kings ear!
    But Roman wasnt afraid to get rid of his friend, Avram Grant.

I suppose you could argue that Roman, like fans, only wants success, but by god he is a lot more ruthless about it than any fan I know.
    I suppose its like karma or some Greek tragedy.
    You create a super hero who should defeat all before him, but then you give him a fatal flaw just to even things up!
    I mean, when Roman first burst onto the scene and started on that glorious summer of buying, everyone thought that Chelsea would rule football for decades to come. But after first Mourinho, then Grant and then Sc went, they all breathed a huge sigh of relief!

I suppose the only positive is that Roman will appoint someone he thinks can bring success (and in the wording of the statement)

"Chelsea's long-term football objectives and ambitions remain unchanged"

I thought that statement was very interesting

He now claims that its Villa Boas with Hiddink. We knew about Neymar for months and it will probably happen.

Where did you see this?

• Advertisement

But its not a management team, hiddink would be dof. The role that arnesen currently has. The club are obviously looking for a young manager ( van basten or boas).

Whatever name you put on it, the only way it'll end up is with van Basten being the fall guy and as per usual a case of too many cooks.

Ye can't be happy with this proposed new set up lads? Basically a rookie manager coming in with Hiddink and Roman in his ear?

garbosj Ian McGarry

garbosj Ian McGarry

garbosj Ian McGarry

5 players?! wow thats a lot of players to bring in and expect instant success!
    I still dont understand how we are ever going to keep to the new financial fair play rules??

Where did you see this?

a chatter said it

Whatever name you put on it, the only way it'll end up is with van Basten being the fall guy and as per usual a case of too many cooks.

Ye can't be happy with this proposed new set up lads? Basically a rookie manager coming in with Hiddink and Roman in his ear?

But thats the way it is at the moment and the way it has been for the last few years. Its not going to change.

I still dont understand how we are ever going to keep to the new financial fair play rules??

I guess because no one can, isn't it true that 17/20 of the premier league clubs spent past their means this year, I think the consensus is that it will not be enforced for a long time yet.

Seriously, why are you posting in the chelsea thread?
    Its just gloating to me. And having the crack about buying success etc is not going to win you any friends in here
    I used the bust jibe as an example.
    I actually agree with some of what you have posted, but no chelsea fan needs a man u fan coming here shouting about buying success - that is just a pure wind up

I'm not gloating at all.

You could argue that both United and Chelsea both bought their success, sure.

But United's money at least came on the back of it being the best run club in the world, they earned it. They also have a philosophy of encouraging youth and planning for long term cyclical success. Yours came from the pockets of your owner who seems to want a fast solution to every problem. Big difference.

• Advertisement

i get the impression Chelsea and Man City aren't bothered by these new rules

But thats the way it is at the moment and the way it has been for the last few years. Its not going to change.

Good!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

**** of Chelsea .

****ing disgrace.

I'm off to follow hammer throwing now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

jcf wrote: »
    **** of Chelsea .

****ing disgrace.

I'm off to follow hammer throwing now
    Cop on.

I'm not gloating at all.

You could argue that both United and Chelsea both bought their success, sure.

But United's money at least came on the back of it being the best run club in the world, they earned it. They also have a philosophy of encouraging youth and planning for long term cyclical success. Yours came from the pockets of your owner who seems to want a fast solution to every problem. Big difference.

Theres no doubt that the Man U model of blending youth and experience is the way to go. Coupled with a manager who is actually allowed to manage rather than coach, and is allowed to "fail" by winning every trophy.
    Unfortunately we have a different model, which has brought some success.
    Roman, for all his faults, has invested a lot in the youth team and we slowly slowly starting to see the results.
    The guy does try to do the right thing. I mean, all he wants is a manager to win at least one trophy a season with a team he has invested an awful lot of money in, so i guess thats not too much to ask!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement