Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Theres no doubt that the Man U model of blending youth and experience is the way to go. Coupled with a manager who is actually allowed to manage rather than coach, and is allowed to "fail" by winning every trophy.
    Unfortunately we have a different model, which has brought some success.
    Roman, for all his faults, has invested a lot in the youth team and we slowly slowly starting to see the results.
    The guy does try to do the right thing. I mean, all he wants is a manager to win at least one trophy a season with a team he has invested an awful lot of money in, so i guess thats not too much to ask!

Mourinho did exactly that, and got the sack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Mourinho did exactly that, and got the sack!

Oh and the following provios

Provide entertaining football
    Dont answer back!

plus a few others!

Oh and that Mcgarry is a total sun journo!
    what a load of twaddle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Oh and the following provios

Provide entertaining football
    Dont answer back!

plus a few others!

Oh and that Mcgarry is a total sun journo!
    what a load of twaddle

Also, JT and Lamps will always be in the starting XI :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Theres no doubt that the Man U model of blending youth and experience is the way to go. Coupled with a manager who is actually allowed to manage rather than coach, and is allowed to "fail" by winning every trophy.
    Unfortunately we have a different model, which has brought some success.
    Roman, for all his faults, has invested a lot in the youth team and we slowly slowly starting to see the results.
    The guy does try to do the right thing. I mean, all he wants is a manager to win at least one trophy a season with a team he has invested an awful lot of money in, so i guess thats not too much to ask!

In fairness I agree with most of that, my initial post in here was to call someone up on calling Abramovic a prick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

According to McGarry;
    Abramovich wants to appoint Zola on coaching staff to appease angry players/staff. Zola yet to committ. Waiting to see new structure/people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

It was always coming but I have to say I'm kind of shocked it happened so soon.

I very much doubt that whoever is managing the club next season will be as good a manager as Carlo Ancelotti, we can only go backwards from here. Not only that, but another manager means more instability, and that in itself is the last thing we need, regardless of who gets the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Its times like these when I'm embarrassed by the club, I feel l Carlo should of backed ages ago instead of being out under this pressure every week over his future and carlo should of being given more time. Its wasn't fair on him.
    Saying that, my main concern is that youth will suffer. If a new coach comes in will they just buy loads of new players...Will the likes of josh go back into the reserves?

Personally I'd take getting the youth in the squad as priority & building for the future. to be fair to Utd, they have the perfect model of mixing experience with youth but its all down to the manager.

If Hiddink has being advising the board, I'm sure youth has being discussed & they are speaking about a manager that will be able to achieve this, especially for whenever them famous UEFA rules come in about breaking even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

flahavaj wrote: »
    In fairness I agree with most of that, my initial post in here was to call someone up on calling Abramovic a prick!

And its my opinion that he is, why do you think he is / would be a sound lad?

Great he brought money to the club, got some success but he is too trigger happy! IMO he caused Chelsea to lose the title this season, for a number of reasons. He also doesn't do things properly, he was a total prick to Carlo in the way / manner that he was sacked (if the reports are true) it was uncalled for, i think every man and his dog seen it coming, but there are ways to do things and he seems to be incapable of doing things decently!

Do i want him to go - no the club would be up shít creak without a paddle if he did. Do i think he is a prick yes, by the way he conducts things!

Why is that outrageous? I don't think it is. It doesn't mean im any less of a fan because i think it either.

Great he brought money to the club, got some success but he is too trigger happy! IMO he caused Chelsea to lose the title this season, for a number of reasons. He also doesn't do things properly, he was a total prick to Carlo in the way / manner that he was sacked (if the reports are true) it was uncalled for, i think every man and his dog seen it coming, but there are ways to do things and he seems to be incapable of doing things decently!

Do i want him to go - no the club would be up shít creak without a paddle if he did. Do i think he is a prick yes, by the way he conducts things!

Why is that outrageous? I don't think it is. It doesn't mean im any less of a fan because i think it either.

All I'm saying is you have to acept that this kinda sh*t is the downside of having an owner who buys success for you, he's going to interfere in the running of the team and he's going to be very trigger happy with firing managers. At the end of the day the club was on the brink of going bust when he bailed ye out so calling him a prick is a bit rich IMHO.

All I'm saying is you have to acept that this kinda sh*t is the downside of having an owner who buys success for you, he's going to interfere in the running of the team and he's going to be very trigger happy with firing managers. At the end of the day the club was on the brink of going bust when he bailed ye out so calling him a prick is a bit rich IMHO.

I do accept that, same as every club there are ups and downs. I want him to stay never said different, but i don't think he conducts some of his business in the right way, would you not agree with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Abramovich is a businessman. He's ruthless, and knows there's no room for friendships in a result based business.

I'm not saying I agree with the way he's doing it, but he's far from being a "prick".

We could have far, far worse owners in fairness. Abramovich takes a keen interest in Chelsea, going to almost every game, and even the odd reserve match!
    Look at the Glazers at United ffs. Using them to refinance their own debts. They couldn't care less about the club.

You can't call someone a prick for just wanting what's best for Chelsea.

I do accept that, same as every club there are ups and downs. I want him to stay never said different, but i don't think he conducts some of his business in the right way, would you not agree with that?

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. But if a guy had saved ny club from going out of business and brought succes I'd only dreamt of previously I'd be more inclined to accept such behaviour as the donwside to still havinga club to suport. I certainly wouldn't call him a prick and I certainly wouldn't be as surprised by this as aome people seem to be ( not particularly you).

blue-army wrote: »

You can't call someone a prick for just wanting what's best for Chelsea.

Was there really a need to do it when he done it? The season is over, wait until he has a proper sit down meeting with the man he deserves at least to be heard out does he not?

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. But if a guy had saved ny club from going out of business and brought succes I'd only dreamt of previously I'd be more inclined to accept such behaviour as the donwside to still havinga club to suport. I certainly wouldn't call him a prick and I certainly wouldn't be as surprised by this as aome people seem to be ( not particularly you).

I'm not surprised, not surprised at all, it was inevitable that he was going to go, but like i said above its the manner in which business was conducted.

Theatrically speaking, if you work for a Construction firm, and it was on the brink of going bust but someone came in and saved the firm you worked for, then a new Foreman is employed someone loved by the majority of the workers and by the people that they are building for and has done a fantastic job getting great results, then the new foreman makes a few mistakes and gets sacked after finishing the 2nd of his 5 buildings, on his way home with all the workers on the bus with all other prospective foremen being not as good as the guy sacked.

Would you say that was a sound new owner or would you say he was a prick for the way he handled it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Looks like Bruma is on his way to Hamburg on a permanent deal......will be more following him there I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

If Hiddink and Van Basten take over i can see Chelsea getting Wesley Sneijder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Looks like Bruma is on his way to Hamburg on a permanent deal......will be more following him there I feel.

Ah ffs. In the current squad we have Luiz, Alex, Terry going for CB. I can see Ivanovic at RB next season if we lose Bosingwa so we need cover at CB and Bruma could be a future star.

If he does go, they should negoaite a buy back clause at the very least or first refusal if he is been sold.

Tbh I can see either Kalou or Kakuta or both going to Hamburg

amiable wrote: »
    If Hiddink and Van Basten take over i can see Chelsea getting Wesley Sneijder

As much as I'd love to see it, I dont think it would happen. It would make perfect sense to bring in someone like Sneijder, he would be a perfect link up man for Torres and would creat a shed load of chances, he would have that final killer ball that we severly lacked last year.
    Tbh I can see either Kalou or Kakuta or both going to Hamburg

I wouldnt mind losing Kalou if we kept Sturridge, that would bump Sturridge up the pecking order. Id really like to keep Kakuta though. We need all our " promising youth " at the club and under a new regime hopefully MacEchran, Kakuta, Sturridge get some time.

• Advertisement

If he seems to be willing to go to United he'd def go to Chelsea IMO if his compatriots took over.

You seem especially pessimisstic today:)

If he seems to be willing to go to United he'd def go to Chelsea IMO if his compatriots took over.

Horrible day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

At least with Hiddink and Van Basten, you could end this double-management system. I get the impression that Hiddink runs a lot of Roman's thoughts on football, and if he's in the system, at least that ends.

I must say, I think this Chelsea team is towards an end of a cycle, so a re-building effort is required. What I would love is if Roman used his money to create a beautiful team rather than the team at present, which is physical, direct, etc. The players are by in large there for it, with a few clever additions and removals. The system would need to change. Van Basten could do it. Also it would probably result in them not winning anything next season, but I could live with that :)

PHB wrote: »
    At least with Hiddink and Van Basten, you could end this double-management system. I get the impression that Hiddink runs a lot of Roman's thoughts on football, and if he's in the system, at least that ends.

I must say, I think this Chelsea team is towards an end of a cycle, so a re-building effort is required. What I would love is if Roman used his money to create a beautiful team rather than the team at present, which is physical, direct, etc. The players are by in large there for it, with a few clever additions and removals. The system would need to change. Van Basten could do it. Also it would probably result in them not winning anything next season, but I could live with that :)

I think that Hiddink is very clever, although considered a "friend", he will never let himself be humilated like Grant did, so he will never be seen as fully responsible for team affairs.
    Whoever takes over, will always be undermined by the background voices whispering in Romans ear

Horrible day

A complete contrast to when we signed Torres and Luiz

We are a circus, no doubt of that and the ringmaster loves to throw people to the lions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

We are a circus, no doubt of that and the ringmaster loves to throw people to the lions

Abrahmovich should take his hands off the club, but if he does that, you'll sink like a stone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

LanceStorm wrote: »
    as much as this will be what jinxes Carlo, I honestly have belief in Roman that he knows he has the best man for the job in place already, a man who delivered the double in his first season and who just needs a good pre-season and a few signings to win some trophies again next season!!

Last summer Fergie had to do the exact same thing, make some fresh signings and then continue doing what his club does, win. This summer hopefully we do the same.

Roman isnt an idiot, he's a friggin billionaire, the merry-go-round of managers cannot continue, stability is key!!

I was wrong...

Sad with how this has turned out, really thought he was the right man for the job, cant see who they can get in that'l be any better, only the re-appointment of Mourinho would make this ok in my eyes.

He needed this summer to move around some of the squad and build for the future, completely changing our formation and life without Drogba.

I know this will still happen with a new manager in, but I have less hope for the next few seasons, personally I think the Porto manager plus Hiddink is the way to go, maybe bring Falcao and Guarin with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Some amount of sh!te in this thread imo, lots of over reactions to stuff we already knew. Roman interferes, shock, horror, i never knew that:rolleyes:

Pessimistic due to recent events unfortunatly. We will be backnext season and no doubt challenging but going to next season I wont be as confiednt as winningthe league as I was at the start of last season. All depends on 2 huge decisions, who takes charge, and who they bring in.
    PHB wrote: »

Next season, much more then this will be a transition. It time for us to chop the deadwood in the club and move forward. Every club has to do it and we are no different. Whoever comes in will have a huge task in fron tof them, its going to need a tough indiviudal.

I wouldn't say its a circus we havn't gone that far yet. We are however very close to becoming a club like that. TBF to Roman its his club and his persoanl money been putting in, the decisions are his too make wheter they benefit or hinder the club we can only know come the end of next season. If we win The league or CL or both, we cansay it was a huge success, if we win sweet f**k all it will be viewed as a disaster.
    Abrahmovich should take his hands off the club, but if he does that, you'll sink like a stone.

I dont think that will happen at all, if Roman upsticks and leave, I can imagine we will have no end of people willing to invest in the club. If not, ill still be a Chelsea fan, I know what it was like before the money and a return, while a disaster, will not change my feelings for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

According to his twitter feed, PVA has signed a new 4 year deal, he has great potential

smuckers wrote: »
    According to his twitter feed, PVA has signed a new 4 year deal, he has great potential

Good news if its true, i think he can be a long term replacement for A.Cole at LB. Between Van Aanholt and Bertrand we have good options on the left.

• Advertisement

gavredking wrote: »
    Good news if its true, i think he can be a long term replacement for A.Cole at LB. Between Van Aanholt and Bertrand we have good options on the left.

But the whole point is will a Chelsea manager ever have the luxury of trying to play them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/23/blatter-fifa-reform

He took all the other bribes tho !! :P !!

Confirmed

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2365523,00.html

and a trip to Rangers

PFNicholls Paul Nicholls

At League Managers Association Dinner. Sat next to Carlo Anceloti . What a gentleman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Ian Mcgarry claims we'll spend 150 on 5 players, one 26 year and the rest all under 25, I know he's friends with Lamps but how did FL know all this.
    He also knew what I was having for dinner tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Sneijder probably the 26 year old he is talking about. If it's Van Basten and Hiddink he will top the list I'd say.

But the whole point is will a Chelsea manager ever have the luxury of trying to play them?

I dont think any manager will risk playing the young guys. What I would love is a complete shift of the first team coaches so any new guy can bring in some of his own and keep a few at the moment so he can make his own judgement on the young players. If the new manager feels they're good enough they should get a chance. I think next year some players will be neglected and wont get much game time as the new manager will ahve to hit the ground running and I dont thinkhe can afford a risk with the young guys which is a shame.

Johner wrote: »
    Sneijder probably the 26 year old he is talking about. If it's Van Basten and Hiddink he will top the list I'd say.
    He could be the player to replace Lampard long term too.

He could be the player to replace Lampard long term too.

He would certainly create a few chances for the front men with his passing and vision and his ability to get forward from midfield is brillant to watch. I wont hold my breath though, if we get Sneijder I dont think we will go for widemen nut I guess it all depends on the system we are going to use next year.

We could play Sneijder at the top of a diamond in a 4-4-2, or we could play him as a support striker in a 4-3-3 or we could go for someone like Sanchez and play a 4-3-3 with wingers.

Interesting times ahead with transfers and managerial decisions.

hoping beyond hope that we make Aguero a deal he cant say no to!!
    we've been chasing him for years and years, hopefully that counts for something when he makes his decision!!

• Advertisement

LanceStorm wrote: »
    hoping beyond hope that we make Aguero a deal he cant say no to!!
    we've been chasing him for years and years, hopefully that counts for something when he makes his decision!!

I think the only thing that will matter to Athleico and Aguero at the moment is the money. Athleico know that they dont really have to budge on the minimum release clause in his contract as City or Real will easily pay it for him, even his wages would be easy for them to afford, AFAIK hes onabout 80K a week with Athleico and if he goes to City or real you can expect it to be up and around the 200K mark.

If he decides he wants to move to Spain he will end up with Real and if he wants to move to the EPL I hope he joins us with all the courting we have been doing with him.

He could end up at Spurs too. :pac:

I think the only thing that will matter to Athleico and Aguero at the moment is the money. Athleico know that they dont really have to budge on the minimum release clause in his contract as City or Real will easily pay it for him, even his wages would be easy for them to afford, AFAIK hes onabout 80K a week with Athleico and if he goes to City or real you can expect it to be up and around the 200K mark.

If he decides he wants to move to Spain he will end up with Real and if he wants to move to the EPL I hope he joins us with all the courting we have been doing with him.

Afaik Kun is on alot more than 80k per week at Atletico.
    He's on massive money at the moment and his wages apparently are a big problem for Chelsea.

I know Chelsea have players on massive wages but they're supposed to be trying to reduce that if possible.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11668_6949738,00.html

Porto president Pinta Da Costa has confirmed that their coach Andre Villas-Boas has a release clause of just €15million.

Da Costa was asked about his highly-rated coach, who has guided the club to a treble this season after doing the domestic double, whilst also scooping the Europa League.

Villas-Boas is constantly being linked with jobs across Europe, most recently Chelsea and Manchester City, and reports had claimed a release clause was present.

Da Costa has now admitted that such a clause does exist, telling RTP: "I do not expect the exit of Villas-Boas, there is a clause price of €15million - but I am totally convinced that even if any club came in with the offer, he would reject the proposition.

"Villas-Boas is very committed to Porto and more so after this big season.

"Two days ago he also told me that if no players leave, then he will not even need any new players."

Player deals
    On the player front Porto recently secured leading forward Hulk on a new long-term deal, which also saw his release clause rise to €100million.

Next on Da Costa's agenda is leading scorer Radamel Falcao - whose current deal has a release clause of €30million.

"This is beig looked at," he said in reference to Falcao.

"He has already showed a willingness to renew, but he has a two-year contract so I am not worried."

The biggest thing for me would be that Athletico wont want to sell to Real if they can possibly avoid it, so that would hopefully swing it in EPLs favour, im sure that if theres a possibility of getting him then we'll bid for him, but would you sign for a club with no manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

I can see him going to Real for a number of reasons:
    Money, Real can easily afford to pay his huge wages
    A lot of argentines are already at Madrid so that might appeal to him
    It would be easier for him to settle, no language barrier and he wouldn't have to leave his current city nevermind the country.
    But then again he could come out and tell everyone Spurs is his dream move

One thing that might swing it our way is he knows that if he joins Real he will be hated by the Athelico fans. If he has any morality he wont go there but money does talk so it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

One thing that might swing it our way is he knows that if he joins Real he will be hated by the Athelico fans. If he has any morality he wont go there but money does talk so it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Totally agree and if he does have that kind of loyalty for Athletico and opts against Real it will be between yourselves and City but with CL and a sh!t load of money he might be tempted by City

TheTosh wrote: »
    Totally agree and if he does have that kind of loyalty for Athletico and opts against Real it will be between yourselves and City but with CL and a sh!t load of money he might be tempted by City

It all depends on Tevez I think. If Tevez ends up at Real, I can see City throwing money at Athelico and Aguero. If it turns out Aguero goes to Real then I dont see where Tevez will go, maybe Italy?

I'd love to see Aguero in a Chelsea jersey though but we would have to chop a few to level out his wages.

Aguero seems like a decent bloke who has a good raport with the fans so I cant see him going to Real but stranger things have happened.

It all depends on Tevez I think. If Tevez ends up at Real, I can see City throwing money at Athelico and Aguero. If it turns out Aguero goes to Real then I dont see where Tevez will go, maybe Italy?

I'd love to see Aguero in a Chelsea jersey though but we would have to chop a few to level out his wages.

Aguero seems like a decent bloke who has a good raport with the fans so I cant see him going to Real but stranger things have happened.

Now that you mention Tevez, Aguero might ask his opinion on the move and Tevez could put him off a move to Manchester

• Advertisement

TheTosh wrote: »
    Now that you mention Tevez, Aguero might ask his opinion on the move and Tevez could put him off a move to Manchester

Spurs it is then. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement