Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

TheTosh wrote: »
    Now that you mention Tevez, Aguero might ask his opinion on the move and Tevez could put him off a move to Manchester

So Neymar, Torres and Aquero - how on earth would that work and all be happy?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So Neymar, Torres and Aquero - how on earth would that work and all be happy?!

Think you've answered your own question. If we get Neymar and Aguero they would both play support striker to Torres, of course aguero would play closer to him and Neymar would be given license to go roam and pick up the ball, basically we would have no width but with Aguero and Neymar the creativity and flair upfront would make up for it IMO.

gavredking wrote: »
    Think you've answered your own question. If we get Neymar and Aguero they would both play support striker to Torres, of course aguero would play closer to him and Neymar would be given license to go roam and pick up the ball, basically we would have no width but with Aguero and Neymar the creativity and flair upfront would make up for it IMO.

Ok, lets do that then! :D

Ok, lets do that then! :D

If we do end up getting the both above players its going to cost about 90-100 Million and about 275K between them.

Hope Roman has saved some cash up. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Lukaku close to joining according to various reports on twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Looks like Bruma is on his way to Hamburg on a permanent deal......will be more following him there I feel.

I doubt he's cheap and we don't have much money to spend this summer afaik. Loan definitely but not permanent. Arnesen is looking for loan signings.

It could give him some valuable experience because he'd come in as a starter pending Arnesen getting the price he wants for another one of our defenders, Joris Mathijsen.

What transfer fee would Bruma command do you think?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I doubt he's cheap and we don't have much money to spend this summer afaik. Loan definitely but not permanent. Arnesen is looking for loan signings.

It could give him some valuable experience because he'd come in as a starter pending Arnesen getting the price he wants for another one of our defenders, Joris Mathijsen.

I think most Chelsea supporters would be hoping that it would be a loan deal. I don't know to be honest, maybe 4m

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Oatesy23 wrote: »

€5-6m I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

A little comedy to light up ye're evenings:D http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13530459.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Manager: Hiddink
    Assistants: Zola and clement

cech

ivanovic--alex---terry
    cole

essien

ramires
    sneijder

--aguero
    torres---neymar-

just a dream I had:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

MUSEIST wrote: »

cech

ivanovic--alex---terry
    cole

essien

ramires
    sneijder

--aguero
    torres---neymar-

You're not the only one I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

cech

ivanovic--alex---terry
    cole

essien

ramires
    sneijder

--aguero
    torres---neymar-

This I like. But we all know that Lampard will not be dropped from the team.

Aguero and Neymar cutting in from the wings would be devastating to any defence imo.

EDIT: I Actually wouldn't be against dropping Alex once and a while, letting Branna into the middle and having Van Der Wiel on the right back.

At the way thing are working, as far as Kun goes, it'd cost a LOT of money to get him. His release clause is useless on international transfers, from what I read, and could hike up to 80m coz of taxes. Neymar will cost 25/30, minimum. Wes will cost around the same and we are supposed to be buying Lukaku and another Belgian young lad.

Lads that is a lot of frikkin money. We will get Neymar or Aguero, Lukaku and probably Van der Wiel, if Bossy goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Given all this talk about who is in or out for next season, does anyone know who is currently making calls on this stuff ?
    We are manager less and Arnesen is on way out/gone and so I'm confused as to who will make these calls and also how we can be sure they meet the approval of a as yet unnamed manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

bullpost wrote: »
    Given all this talk about who is in or out for next season, does anyone know who is currently making calls on this stuff ?
    We are manager less and Arnesen is on way out/gone and so I'm confused as to who will make these calls and also how we can be sure they meet the approval of a as yet unnamed manager?

If Hiddink has been the advisor for the last two years then I can assume he's given them advice on who to sign!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Rumours about Drogba signing a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Who do you guys wanna see take over at stamford bridge?

Personally, I'd like someone who is could bring through some of youths...But its hard to see a manager doing that. All this talk of youth policy & IMO it seems that the kids won't get proper chances.

I'd like to see a season of the youths getting game time..it seems the talent is there..Kakuta, Van Anholt, Bruma, Clifford..but their chances are limited.

I also wonder will the change of manager halt McEachran's progress...I'd like to see him go on loan to somewhere like Bolton & he could be a first teamer after that

If true thats a crazy decision, we can't have both Drogs and Torres, its either one or another.

I think Villa Boas would do really well but it won't happen, I'd be happy with Guus for a year, I wouldn't rule out Guardiola either despite signing a new contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

smuckers wrote: »
    If true thats a crazy decision, we can't have both Drogs and Torres, its either one or another.
    It isn't. They can play together. Remember the trouble Anelka and Drogba had?

Torres and Drogba can learn this summer, then boom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I think Villa Boas would do really well but it won't happen, I'd be happy with Guus for a year, I wouldn't rule out Guardiola either despite signing a new contract.

Really? I can't see Guardiola going anywhere to be honest.

Would like Villa Boas as well, but again I don't think it likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'd be happy with Guus too.

I would rule out Pep though, why would he leave Barcelona? He's a legend there, it's where he's from and he'll be challenging on every front with that team for a good few seasons yet. I know if I was him I'd be doing everything in my power to stay put.

superfrank wrote: »
    Who do you guys wanna see take over at stamford bridge?

Personally, I'd like someone who is could bring through some of youths...But its hard to see a manager doing that. All this talk of youth policy & IMO it seems that the kids won't get proper chances.

I'd like to see a season of the youths getting game time..it seems the talent is there..Kakuta, Van Anholt, Bruma, Clifford..but their chances are limited.

I also wonder will the change of manager halt McEachran's progress...I'd like to see him go on loan to somewhere like Bolton & he could be a first teamer after that

Id like Van Gaal to be given a chance if Hiddink doesnt want to do it. I think he would be perfect to play good football and developa good system to fit all our stars and give the younger guys a go too.

I think josh will do what Wilshire did and end up on loan with a decent EPL team and hopefully get some game time, if not we should keep him and give him games and not just the League Cup games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I would

Id like Van Gaal to be given a chance if Hiddink doesnt want to do it. I think he would be perfect to play good football and developa good system to fit all our stars and give the younger guys a go too.

I think josh will do what Wilshire did and end up on loan with a decent EPL team and hopefully get some game time, if not we should keep him and give him games and not just the League Cup games.

Spot on, Van Gaal wouldn't be a bad shout.

TBH I dont know about Guardiola, I mean he has it his disposal probably 5 of the best players in the world and another 8 or 9 very good players, a chimp could manage that team to success IMO.

Unless Pep was to brong Iniesta, Messi and Xavi I'd have my doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

It isn't. They can play together. Remember the trouble Anelka and Drogba had?

Torres and Drogba can learn this summer, then boom.
    Then boom Drogba is nearly 34 and nearly finished.

Seriously though i'd keep Drogba because Torres may not play every game next season.

If Drogba is used less you may get longer out of him.

I can't see Chelsea playing the 2 together in big games.

amiable wrote: »
    Then boom Drogba is nearly 34 and nearly finished.

Seriously though i'd keep Drogba because Torres may not play every game next season.

If Drogba is used less you may get longer out of him.

I can't see Chelsea playing the 2 together in big games.

Drogba age is really against him, I think he is past it at this stage and will only have the odd good game, pains me to say it but its true. Torres is the future.

In saying that I think we should keep Drogba because his size and presence still causes problems for defences and I would love Drogab to score 20 + goals next year to prove me wrong.......pls prove me wrong Drog :o

I would not want guardiola tbh, its one things managing a talented side like barca but we have nowhere near that quality and he has not proved himself with a weaker side yet. Tbh a lot of mediocre managers could do well with barca. I am not saying he is not good but I would like to see how he could do with a less talented team first.

Guus for me, ticks all the boxes we need.

Drogba and torres CAN play toghether but it does not work because we have to go 4-4-2 to accomadate them which does not suit our boring midfield. I can see drogba being used as an impact sub next year if he is still here.

Dya know what, I hope Real get Tevez and Aguero, they can keep Higuian then and get rid of Ronaldo, and I always though Ronaldo would look good in a Chelsea jersey. ;)

Roman......make it happen. 90 Million, surely ya have that around the back of one of your many couches.

Real can even have Drogba too.

• Advertisement

#CFC squad for Legends Cup on Sunday: Beasant, Sinclair, Hall, Myers, Lambourde, Granville, Monkou, Duberry, Wilson, Morris, Nevin, Walker, Hasselbaink, Dixon, Flo, Zola.

^ Lack of Desailly disappoints me. :(

^ Lack of Desailly disappoints me. :(

Total gent when I asked him for his autograph, just like Zola.
    Bosnich on the other hand didnt even acknowledge me (or anyone else)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Class is permanent as they say.
    Total gent when I asked him for his autograph, just like Zola.
    Bosnich on the other hand didnt even acknowledge me (or anyone else)

Well, the Carlo saga was a bit of a low to say the least and brought all the chelsea haters out for their special "told you so" day
    But maybe the future isnt looking so bad?
    If the rumours are to be believed then Roman is going to invest in a younger squad this summer
    Apparently Gourlay will be doing the buying and the incoming manager will have a wealth (up to 5 No!) of glittering young (but proven) talent at his disposal.
    All he has to do is make them all click together!
    Maybe our "model" isnt the norm, but it has worked before and theres no reason to say it wont work again.
    (Roman sacks manager, brings in a new manager, buys a shed load of players and sits back expecting results)
    Roman does seem to be returning to "Step 1", but who knows? The rest of the football world would certainly start worrying IF it does all start clicking and we start reeling off the cups year after year, instead of "worrying" and offering advice because its not working.
    ( I still think 3 titles, numerous cups and the odd CL semi final/final isnt that bad!)
    Its going to be an interesting summer thats for sure

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-face-massive-upheaval-new-manager-scouts-and-players-needed-1652081

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

So what about these FIFA fair play financial rules ??
    I guess RA is going all out for the CL next season and doesn't care if we are banned the season after or what ???
    Same goes for city how are they gonna balance the books ?

And I'd love to see Hiddink back , that 2009 European cup was ours
    That stain in history needs to be corrected

• Advertisement

jcf wrote: »
    I guess RA is going all out for the CL next season and doesn't care if we are banned the season after or what ???

The rules are being phased in , so maybe Roman is thinking if he spends big now, he will have the basis of a squad that will last as long as the last lot!
    Other things he can do/has done are

Lower wages - younger players wont demand so much as the senior ones
    Letting more of the senior higher paid ones go
    Increasing ticket prices - which he has done
    Tying up bigger sponsorship deals
    Stadium naming rights
    Sell more shirts in China/India etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

The rules are being phased in , so maybe Roman is thinking if he spends big now, he will have the basis of a squad that will last as long as the last lot!

the likes of Madrid lately when they sign a player its on 5-6 year deals they're trying to spread out the signing on fees in contracts per year as much as possible to not affect the books in one single year!

was reading somewhere that they are also trying dividing up the transfers so its spread over a few years, this means in one year it wont show up as, for example, Torres 50million, but maybe 10million for 5 years, would make sense to me anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Other things he can do/has done are

Lower wages - younger players wont demand so much as the senior ones
    Letting more of the senior higher paid ones go
    Increasing ticket prices - which he has done
    Tying up bigger sponsorship deals
    Stadium naming rights
    Sell more shirts in China/India etc

Do we have any sort of reliable and detailed breakdown of incomes and expenditures for the last few years?

jcf wrote: »

As been satted, the rules are been phased in, we will get a better picture of things to come next year, With Lamps, Drogba, JT all coming close to the end of their careers if they want to stay their wages will have to come down, if not they will be sold.

For next year i dont think we will splash out too much, with the addition of Luiz, Ramires and Torres we have spent close to 100 Million on 3 players, and 3 players who I yhink will form the backbone of the team for years to come. If we add 2/3 more players and sell 3/4 we will be ok for the next few years and the wages will be ebtter monitored,we are in a much beter position then City let me tell ya.

As much as Hiddink is a great manager, i believe it was the players who rallied together and got us that far, the same as when Grant narrowly lost the CL final to United, in which my opinion was the worse night in the clubs history, we we're within a post width of becoming European Champions and i think the players performacnes that year ( in euroep at least ) fully warranted it, Hiddinks team we're robbed by the worse refeering ive seen.

As been satted, the rules are been phased in, we will get a better picture of things to come next year, With Lamps, Drogba, JT all coming close to the end of their careers if they want to stay their wages will have to come down, if not they will be sold.

For next year i dont think we will splash out too much, with the addition of Luiz, Ramires and Torres we have spent close to 100 Million on 3 players, and 3 players who I yhink will form the backbone of the team for years to come. If we add 2/3 more players and sell 3/4 we will be ok for the next few years and the wages will be ebtter monitored,we are in a much beter position then City let me tell ya.

As much as Hiddink is a great manager, i believe it was the players who rallied together and got us that far, the same as when Grant narrowly lost the CL final to United, in which my opinion was the worse night in the clubs history, we we're within a post width of becoming European Champions and i think the players performacnes that year ( in euroep at least ) fully warranted it, Hiddinks team we're robbed by the worse refeering ive seen.

Completely agree. I've often wondered about why players need managers!
    I do think players will get you so far, but where the manager really comes into his own is when he make a change to tactics as Mourinho was so often able to do and also to drive the team and install self belief on as per Fergie.

Double on the CL final - oh it still hurts so much :(

• Advertisement

Completely agree. I've often wondered about why players need managers!
    I do think players will get you so far, but where the manager really comes into his own is when he make a change to tactics as Mourinho was so often able to do and also to drive the team and install self belief on as per Fergie.

Double on the CL final - oh it still hurts so much :(

I think what sets Fergie apart from the rest, with maybe the exception of Mourihno is he wasnt afraid tomake the changes. Fergie's man management and motiviaition are second too none and it goes without saying that United would be no where near as succesful without him, but the thing he got was time, he wasnt the great fergie we know now until a few years into his United career, something Roman should consider when hiring his next manager, but he wont.

TBH, I was more confident with JT stepping up to the spot then I ever was with Anelka, JT uses the ball really wel and his passing is very good, I was for sure he was going to win it for us. But......:(

I still think we will lift with him as captain, we will get some karma from the competition.

I want to see more of Matej Delac this year too, he seems to have all the qualities too make it at this level and replace Cech for the long term. Hes still only 18, he'll be 19 in August but hes going to be one for us in the future.

I want to see more of Matej Delac this year too, he seems to have all the qualities too make it at this level and replace Cech for the long term. Hes still only 18, he'll be 19 in August but hes going to be one for us in the future.

Me too, but the rumour mill has us tabling a bid for Thibaut Courtois?!

Bruma has signed for HSV on a 2 year loan deal. We have the option to take him back after 2 seasons or they have the offer to buy him.

Bruma has signed for HSV on a 2 year loan deal. We have the option to take him back after 2 seasons or they have the offer to buy him.

The lad only signed a new contract with us at the start of this season and now he is off, who makes these decision:confused::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Manuel Pellegrini the subject of a possible approach from Chelsea over the vacant managers job...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6951730,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Would be surprised to see this happen.

Manuel Pellegrini the subject of a possible approach from Chelsea over the vacant managers job...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6951730,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Would be surprised to see this happen.

I smell an agent trying to get his client a better contract with more $$$

I smell an agent trying to get his client a better contract with more $$$

Yep some of these manager links are hilerous!

Lippi anybody?!

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/864362-chelsea-and-qpr-on-alert-as-marcelo-lippi-declares-himself-open-to-offers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Sure Van Basten being the bookies favorite is the biggest joke of all imo.

Sure Van Basten being the bookies favorite is the biggest joke of all imo.

For the pure entertaining and attacking football that Roman craves, we should get........plus the best quotes since Mourinho!

http://www.epltalk.com/the-best-of-ian-holloway-25861

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement