Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hiddink is the only man for the job really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'd ignore most gambles at the bookies, wouldn't take more than a couple of hundred euro to shift the market considerably.

Johner wrote: »
    I'd ignore most gambles at the bookies, wouldn't take more than a couple of hundred euro to shift the market considerably.

Exactly, would be an amazing appointment, but it'll never happen.

“If I was manager of Chelsea I would like to sign another creative midfield player to unlock the potential of Fernando Torres.”

Sign him up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Though Barca were brilliant.

Having said that Utd were poor by their standards and players like giggs and Evra didnt show up.

From our perspective it puts our season into context as we finished behind Utd , well beaten in the league and if we are to entertain any hopes of landing a CL in the next few years we really need to move up a level.
    Veles wrote: »
    What did ye think of the UCL final last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

It was a very poor standard Premier League this year, first dozen games apart, a bit of a grind of a season for Chelsea. Saying that, I think we would have played better against Barcalona than United did, as I don't think our midfield would have given Messi as much room, although, being honest, I think the outcome would have been the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

I think we made UTD look much better than they are over the last few weeks of the season. The mediocrity of Chelsea and Arsenal and mixed performances from City, gave Utd (and it would seem the media) a flawed sense of where their squad was at. For whatever reason, Ancelottis team had a dismal season - performance levels prior to this season would have seen us run-away with the title this year and I'd like to think, push Barca harder in the final - as we did 2 years ago.
    On Barcelona though, the football they played for half an hour of the 2nd half last night was breathtaking.
    Both Man U and Chelsea need to invest this summer and lets see how we line-up in August.

• Advertisement

dooferoaks wrote: »
    It was a very poor standard Premier League this year, first dozen games apart, a bit of a grind of a season for Chelsea. Saying that, I think we would have played better against Barcalona than United did, as I don't think our midfield would have given Messi as much room, although, being honest, I think the outcome would have been the same.

We really, really should have won it and without having to beat Utd.

But we didnt.

I do think we will come back stronger next season however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Barca are class, miles ahead of everyone else in terms of quality, they made utd look ordinary and they made us look ordinary. It just shows how far away we are at the moment from being a champions league winning side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The only thing I will say about Barcelona is that a team with a very, very strong and sturdy defence, who don't give Barca's players space can beat them and/or run them very damn close (see: Internazionale Milano F.C. last year and Chelsea F.C. the year before).

But that said, they are a masterclass of football, and it would not be a bad bet for them to become the first team ever to defend the UEFA Champions League title.

Chelsea need to mount the almost impossible challenge of finding a new and brilliant manager within the next 2 months. Who is there that is world class enough to meet all the expectations of Abramovich? The list is very, very short and even on that short list would any of them be given the 2 or 3 seasons needed to mould, build and shape their team? Or if they fail to deliver European silverware to the club in their first season, are they also destined for the chop?

It will be an interesting summer for Chelsea Football Club, and hopefully one where the disappointments and mediocrity of the season put behind us and a new and brighter future put to the fore...

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

I think we made UTD look much better than they are over the last few weeks of the season. The mediocrity of Chelsea and Arsenal and mixed performances from City, gave Utd (and it would seem the media) a flawed sense of where their squad was at. For whatever reason, Ancelottis team had a dismal season - performance levels prior to this season would have seen us run-away with the title this year and I'd like to think, push Barca harder in the final - as we did 2 years ago.
    On Barcelona though, the football they played for half an hour of the 2nd half last night was breathtaking.
    Both Man U and Chelsea need to invest this summer and lets see how we line-up in August.

imo chelsea are the only ones who could give barca problems with the way you's are set up and the strenght in midfield and if Chelsea pressed them like they do other teams, Barca wouldn't be able to pass around the ball as easily as they do. I remember the semi's in which Chelsea were robbed they had Barca

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I don't think we pressed any big team this season. Perhaps in previous years we would have given them a game, but certainly not this season.

Some speculation that mancienne is off to hamburg,he was never going to make it at chelsea tbh. We already have 4 cbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Some speculation that mancienne is off to hamburg,he was never going to make it at chelsea tbh. We already have 4 cbs

4 year deal, medical Tuesday.

I don't know anything about him so I wont judge but others on the HSV forum aren't too happy we are spending €3.5m on him. We could use some help at the back though we had a midfielder playing CB for around 25 games this year :o.

Couple of things have to be sorted in the Bruma deal, he's off with the Dutch team at the minute but a 2 year loan deal with an option to buy is expected.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    4 year deal, medical Tuesday.

I don't know anything about him so I wont judge but others on the HSV forum aren't too happy we are spending €3.5m on him. We could use some help at the back though we had a midfielder playing CB for around 25 games this year :o.

Couple of things have to be sorted in the Bruma deal, he's off with the Dutch team at the minute but a 2 year loan deal with an option to buy is expected.

I think he's a handy player, with the competition for CB's, he was never going to get a regular spot though. He's definitely a good squad player to have, he can play CB, RB and he's also a fairly decent DM. I think with regular football he'd flourish. For a CB, he could do with a bit more muscle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

IIRC the very player that i thought wouldn't make it at Chelsea and a poster here hence has me on ignore.

Of course he was right in hindsight

Mancienne isn't a bad player. Just not good enough for Chelsea IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Just the latest in a steady flow of young talent from the club that will continue over the next few years.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Just the latest in a steady flow of young talent from the club that will continue over the next few years.
    You deliberately wouldn't quote me there ;)

He is just not good enough for chelsea as his loan spell at wolves shows. The likes of maceachran and sturridge are very clearly of enough quality to make it at chelsea and with the likes of lukaku and neymar coming in we are well sorted for young talent:D

Don't worry vaj, chelsea will be fine

He is just not good enough for chelsea as his loan spell at wolves shows. The likes of maceachran and sturridge are very clearly of enough quality to make it at chelsea and with the likes of lukaku and neymar coming in we are well sorted for young talent:D

If Lukaku and Neymar come in then Sturridge's career at Chelsea is over!

If Lukaku and Neymar come in then Sturridge's career at Chelsea is over!

how exactly????

how exactly????

Assuming ye play a front three then you have:

Torres, Drogba, Anelka, Kalou, Malouda, Neymar and Lukaku cpmpeting for positions he'd be hoping to play in.

Even if ye let Drogba, Anelka and Kalou go (which is pretty unlikely), he's gonna struggle for games. Astounding transfer muppetry.

• Advertisement

Torres, Drogba, Anelka, Kalou, Malouda, Neymar and Lukaku cpmpeting for positions he'd be hoping to play in.

Even if ye let Drogba, Anelka and Kalou go (which is pretty unlikely), he's gonna struggle for games. Astounding transfer muppetry.

You are viewing things too short term, I am thinking of the bigger picture and assuming that drogba, malouda nad anelka are either out this season or next.
    That leaves neymar, torres, danny and kalou to fight for 3 positions. Over the course of a season that equates to a lot of games and opertunities.

I think its highly likely that 2 of drogba, anelka and malouda will leave this summer and the other will leave next summer. Plenty of chances for young players to get a go in the chelsea forward line over the next few seasons with ageing players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

2 central defenders. Show me big clubs that have brought them through and kept them as a fixture in the team in the last 10-15 years. When you fail to find any for this really important position on the pitch then kindly be quiet.

Will start you off.

Chelsea - John Terry

Don't worry vaj, chelsea will be fine

Its alright people, flahavaj likes to come and spread his love in our thread from time to time - normally when he's had a roasting in his own Man U thread!

You misunderstand the whole purpose of our youth setup.
    Its not only to produce future chelsea players but also to generate money, which it is starting to do.
    For example, buying a player for 100k and selling him on for 3 or 4 million.

It has been a long time coming but it is starting to work.
    Roman has invested a lot of time and money in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

We have Piazon coming in Jan too. Looks ike its going to be one of Aguero and Neymar, and we're favouring Neymar.
    Hopefully we'll be in for a playmaker in CM.:)

smuckers wrote: »
    We have Piazon coming in Jan too. Looks ike its going to be one of Aguero and Neymar, and we're favouring Neymar.
    Hopefully we'll be in for a playmaker in CM.:)

There is without doubt a lot of talent at Chelsea, both young and old.
    The key is finding a manager that can:

A/ Harness it all together and more importantly
    B/ be given the time to do it!

Honestly, I think we easily have the best squad in the League, but impatience has fecked us up a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I hope its not going to be another summer of almost getting a target, Neymars agent denies any deal with CFC, if we can't get him, we should go all out for Aguero.

Its alright people, flahavaj likes to come and spread his love in our thread from time to time - normally when he's had a roasting in his own Man U thread!

You misunderstand the whole purpose of our youth setup.
    Its not only to produce future chelsea players but also to generate money, which it is starting to do.
    For example, buying a player for 100k and selling him on for 3 or 4 million.

It has been a long time coming but it is starting to work.
    Roman has invested a lot of time and money in it
    You hit the nail on the head there IMO

If Chelsea or any other club with Champions league aspirations unearth a few Premier League standard players in their youth ranks they can be sold to help fund top notch players if they are just short of that standard themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I cant wait for our new manager to be unveiled and I cant wait for players to arrive, hopefullly Neymar ;) but what I miss most and what I really, really cant wait for is the return of the_money, i miss him and his ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

gavredking wrote: »
    I cant wait for our new manager to be unveiled and I cant wait for players to arrive, hopefullly Neymar ;) but what I miss most and what I really, really cant wait for is the return of the_money, i miss him and his ways.

hahaha, we do love the money alright!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

When's he due to return to these fair lands?

I suppose we are waiting and hoping for Turkey to fail!

The rags reckon 6 million a year to deliver at least the EPL, but ideally the EPL AND the CL.

Thats a fair price no? :D

papagormo wrote: »

AFAIK its due too expire at the end of the season so I think he can post again after June 1st, I'll check the charter, its either an end of season ban or 6months, if I cant find anything ill drop him a PM.

The rags reckon 6 million a year to deliver at least the EPL, but ideally the EPL AND the CL.

Great price if we get either TBH. What im concerened about is what are the chances of Carlo replacing Mancini at Man City? Was talking to a few friends and I can see it happening and that would be a disaster, I think City just lack the right manager at the club at the moment to go that extra step and seriously be in the title hunt.

Id hate if it happened though.

papagormo wrote: »
    AFAIK its due too expire at the end of the season so I think he can post again after June 1st, I'll check the charter, its either an end of season ban or 6months, if I cant find anything ill drop him a PM.

The-Monkey received his ban on the 1st / 2nd March so he'll be back 6 months from that date, as is the standard 6 yellow cards ban from the SF.

I just hope roman realises that we will NOT win the cl of pl with the current squad. Add a RB, AM and a replacement for anelka and we are sorted. Oh and hiddink aswell;)

The-Monkey received his ban on the 1st / 2nd March so he'll be back 6 months from that date, as is the standard 6 yellow cards ban from the SF.

Should have a new manager by then, as well as a new right back, a certain brazillian forward and a creative midfielder, and be sitting pretty at the top of the league having won our first 6 games.

And then he will give out about all them!

• Advertisement

Should have a new manager by then, as well as a new right back, a certain brazillian forward and a creative midfielder, and be sitting pretty at the top of the league having won our first 6 games.

And then he will give out about all them!

That would be our monkey alright :pac:

I can imagine it now, in our first 6 games would be 4 away trips to Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, and win them all with Torres getting 10 goals in 6 games and Hiddink winning manager of the month and yet he'd still find fault and come in and say how we we're going be relegated with 18 points :pac:

Ya gotta love the craziness sometimes. :cool:

Interesting interview with the youth set up

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/chelsea-youth-bracing-for-change---coach

Note this line!

“and there are also players who if they don't make it through still get sold to get revenues for the club and then have good careers."

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That would be our monkey alright :pac:

I can imagine it now, in our first 6 games would be 4 away trips to Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, and win them all with Torres getting 10 goals in 6 games and Hiddink winning manager of the month and yet he'd still find fault and come in and say how we we're going be relegated with 18 points :pac:

Ya gotta love the craziness sometimes. :cool:
    More likely he'd insist the quadruple was a cert, then following a draw against Wolves he'd herald a decade in the wilderness.

^---- note lack of smileys.

Ah the oul monkey isn't the worst poster to the thread. I enjoy the odd bit craze from him from time to time.
    He has the fear of god put into me with his relegation predictions!:pac:

I see young Scott Sinclair has helped get Swansea into the Premiership.
    Be interesting to see how his career carries on from there.

And also Borini, although I think he could be off to Italy

I think he now costs them 1 million to pay to us?

Anyone else hoping the new manager will be able to persuade Borini to remain a Blue?

He's gone, he won't be signing a new contract, said he was wasting his career at Chelsea. Gutted a contract wasn't sorted out.

Johner wrote: »
    He's gone, he won't be signing a new contract, said he was wasting his career at Chelsea. Gutted a contract wasn't sorted out.

Is he officially gone altogether? Such a shame, would love to see what Danny and himself can do.

I would love borini to stay but he would never get a game with us, drogba and torres, maybe danny are ahead of him.

Is he going to italy or staying with swansea:confused:

• Advertisement

I would love borini to stay but he would never get a game with us, drogba and torres, maybe danny are ahead of him.

Is he going to italy or staying with swansea:confused:
    And I think Chelsea may sign Neymar this summer so he'd be even further down the pecking order.

He's not quite good enough for Chelsea IMO

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement