Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

7 - Ozil
    9 - Aguero

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Johner wrote: »
    7 - Ozil
    9 - Aguero

:pac:

Oh wouldn't that be ever so sweet... with Schweinsteiger taking the recently vacated '13' jersey!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Sinclair is probably gone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/8890000.stm

I remember his debut against United a few years ago where he looked really promising but he never really progressed from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Lukker- wrote: »
    Sinclair is probably gone

in fairness its about time they moved him on, never looked like making it, none of our managers have had faith in him to give him a proper 1st team run!! plenty of younger better players will get a chance now for the likes of cup games!!

sold for less than a million is a bit sad tho, id say we ended up making a loss on him considering wages!!

Anyone heading to the game on Saturday? I can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Johner wrote: »
    Anyone heading to the game on Saturday? I can't wait!

I-m not, but will be defo going this season sometime .... i am anxiously waiting for saturdays game , I think we will win but it will be nervy and
    tense...

2-1 Chelsea

Just hoping it's not like the Hull game last season.

I think we will win comfortably 3-0. ;)

just watched the highlights of the community shield, we were very unlucky not to score (more) to be honest, united 2nd and 3rd very very lucky but that's typical united .

lucky luckyluckyluckyluckyluckylucky luckyluckyluckyluckyluckylucky
    luckyluckyluckyluckyluckylucky luckyluckyluckyluckyluckylucky luckyluckyluckyluckyluckylucky luckyluckyluckyluckyluckylucky luckyluckyluckyluckyluckylucky luckyluckyluckyluckyluckylucky luckyluckyluckyluckyluckylucky luckyluckyluckyluckyluckylucky luckyluckyluckyluckyluckylucky luckyluckyluckyluckyluckylucky luckyluckyluckyluckyluckylucky united ....

When is that senile old fart gonna retire ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

the_monkey wrote: »
    When is that senile old fart gonna retire ?

In the unlikely event that he does retire, it would be on a high.. I say we keep the pressure on over the next 2-3 seasons, letting united get close but not close enough.. then hopefully a massive heart attack takes him in the dying seconds of a 2-0 loss to Wigan

• Advertisement

carefull now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

anyone care to predict the starting line up versus WBA?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Cech
    Ferriera
    Ivanovic
    Terry
    Cole
    Mikel
    Essien
    Lampard
    Malouda
    Kalou
    Drogba

Or the possibility of Anelka playing instead of Kalou or Drogba if not 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Is Boswinga injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Will cech be fit for this game? I thought he'd still be out for another week or 2

PHB wrote: »
    Is Boswinga injured?

Ye hes going to be out for another while yet. Just back training.

Cech will be back for WBA and so to will Alex, who will start in the centre if 100% pushing Ivanovic to the right of defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Would the preferred partnership not be Carvalho and Alex considering recent form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Bossy is back in September….Prob will take him a while before he gets fully fit & back to himself…I dout Drogba will be starting. As Kalou seems to be back to his usual, I hope sturridge gets his chance..

Really impressed with sturridge last Sunday, Hope he can challenge Kalou for a place this season.

PHB wrote: »
    Would the preferred partnership not be Carvalho and Alex considering recent form?

Riccy seems to have dropped out of favour somewhat with Ancelotti. Still think he will leave before the end if the summer. Terry won't be dropped....yet.

We are seriously in for Ozil according to the Times.... fingers crossed

We are seriously in for Ozil according to the Times.... fingers crossed

Please let it be true. I think he will go to Barca though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

had a quick qlimspe through the ould Pat Nevin column.
    heres the quote that caught my attention:

I thought Michael Ballack had a very good end to the season when he played deeper in midfield but with Essien back at last and the likelihood of one more strong midfielder coming in soon I think that area could be stronger than ever.

Wonder does our own P-Diddy know something for certain.

papagormo wrote: »
    had a quick qlimspe through the ould Pat Nevin column.
    heres the quote that caught my attention:

I thought Michael Ballack had a very good end to the season when he played deeper in midfield but with Essien back at last and the likelihood of one more strong midfielder coming in soon I think that area could be stronger than ever.

Wonder does our own P-Diddy know something for certain.

He means Ramires right?

I honestly think we will miss Ballack this season. On Sunday we saw Mikel being incredibly lazy in tracking Paul Scholes and his passing again left alot to be desired. Ballack never stopped running and although he wasn't a great tackler he always covered his man. His ball distribution was also much much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

He means Ramires right?

sure hope so.

Chelsea trying to offload Di Santo here

The guy never produced. A horrible finisher. The quicker the better.

He's as good as gone, didn't even get a squad number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

CHELSEA AND BARCA LEAD CHASE FOR OZIL
    Sounds as if Manchester United have already missed out on Mesut Ozil, but to whom?

While the Daily Telegraph says that Barcelona are now at the front of the queue after 'agreeing £8m with Weder Bremen', The Times gives over its backpage to their claim that 'Chelsea emerged last night as serious contenders to sign Mesut Özil, the outstanding young Germany playmaker, in a £13 million deal that has gathered pace over the past 48 hours.'

The Times must be taking this story seriously because they are only the newspaper not to make news of the resignation of the Aston Villa manager as their backpage lead.

The paper describes Chel;sea as having 'significant progress in discussions with Werder Bremen, the German club, and a number of intermediaries who are working on a potential deal. Although Barcelona have held discussions with Bremen about Özil over the past two days, having conceded defeat in their bid to sign Cesc Fàbregas from Arsenal, the German club are more satisfied by their negotiations with Chelsea.'

The player himself is described as being 'increasingly enthusiastic about the prospect of a move to Stamford Bridge, having not had a clear indication that Barcelona's interest in him is genuine.'

All we can do now is hope beyond hope, this would be a perfect thing, such a bloody perfect thing

Wouldn't get my hopes up until he's at the Bridge wearing a Chelsea jersey, but it's nice to dream all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Wouldn't get my hopes up until he's at the Bridge wearing a Chelsea jersey, but it's nice to dream all the same.

just squint a little images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSf7NMet04DfK2zm6demj_jV1JjTfR9-Nyj_eboTQzpkAHOQIA&t=1&usg=__WxUQaTwu2hvs-zXHtpjr2JvI24w=
    :D:D

We should have our own forum.... Spuds fans do :(

We should have our own forum.... Spuds fans do :(

They've had that for ages, I doubt any other club will get a seperate forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

just squint a little images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSf7NMet04DfK2zm6demj_jV1JjTfR9-Nyj_eboTQzpkAHOQIA&t=1&usg=__WxUQaTwu2hvs-zXHtpjr2JvI24w=
    :D:D

The blue suits him alright

Carvalho deal has been agreed with Real Madrid. I know it's been on the cards for a while but it still has come kind of out of nowhere, didn't even realise they were in negotiations but anyway, thanks Riccy for 6 years of world class service. His and Terry's partnership of 04/05 was the greatest the premiership has ever seen.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2117792,00.html

Will be sorely missed

Bye bye Ricky C. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Hmm kinda came from nowhere, it seemed like the deal was off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Another hole for ye to fill in the squad there lads. He was a class defender at his peak and I always thought he was better than Terry. A real Rolls Royce player.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Another hole for ye to fill in the squad there lads. He was a class defender at his peak and I always thought he was better than Terry. A real Rolls Royce player.

In their prime they both went hand in hand. Beauty and the beast..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

In their prime they both went hand in hand. Beauty and the beast..

Just like the fairy tale though, the Beast was nothing before the Beauty came along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

a little shocked to see him go, i thought mourinho had made it clear he was too old for Real!!

im assuming this means were getting Luiz or else we wouldnt have sold him, im hoping something is announced very soon!!

this summer is exactly how I spend every single football manager 1st season with Chelsea, sell Ballack/Deco/Carvalho/Cole if we can move on Ferriera then it would be the clean sweep!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

very sad to see Carvalho go. Just glad we have good cover in Alex/ivanovic. still our squad seems to be getting very stretched. how many have left this summer and not much arrivals? The youth players havent exactly shone in preseason...

Anyway goodluck to Ricky, enjoy Mourinho.

Carvalho247102.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wow, thats a surprise. With Terry looking less and less commanding surely Ancelotti is looking to buy again?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

mike65 wrote: »
    Wow, thats a surprise. With Terry looking less and less commanding surely Ancelotti is looking to buy again?

He must be...but who?

Bit of a shock to let a defender like him go without having a replacement ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Are ye trying to outdo Arsenal for lack of center half's!Classy player but can be filth at times with the sneaky thug here and there but what a great buy for Real, would have loved to see him at Emirates.I'd say ye have someone lined up otherwise Ancelotti could be left looking stupid

He was arguably the best in the business at pulling your shirt. Nano seconds after making contact he'd do the trademark hands-to-chest "me?" gesture. Good times..

Could be the reason why nothing has eben announced on Ramires yet, they are waiting to tie up a double swoop with David Luiz..?

I'm not sure we have Alex and if Boswinga gets fit again CB is Ivanovic's preferred position so..

2. Branislav Ivanovic
    3. Ashley Cole
    18. Yury Zhirkov
    19. Paulo Ferreira
    41. Sam Hutchinson
    42. Michael Mancienne
    43. Jeffrey Bruma
    17. Jose Bosingwa
    33. Alex
    26. John Terry

You can probably take Mancienne out of that lot as I'd say a loan back to Wolves is on the cards.

That leaves us with 9 defenders, take Bruma and Hutch out of that as I doubt they will have huge amount of playing time. Bosingwa whenever he comes back will take time to get back to his best. I think we are looking quite short.

Our best possible backline in my opinion is

Bosingwa Ivanovic Alex Cole

Never going to happen but serious questions will be asked of JT this season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Bang on about JT. Huge task set for him this season.

Its just my opinion on this, but I prefer to have Ivanovic at RB. I reckon he's just one of the best at going forward and giving great supply to the forwards. But I'll admit I have not seen him in central defense yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

very disappointed to see carvalho go hes been a great player for chelsea and formed a great partnership with terry in seasons gone past i really hope they have someone lined up

just saw that neymar scored on his http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,19764,11065_3287036,00.html for brazil id love if chelsea went back in for him and got there man hes young and exciting which reminds me of pato when chelsea were after him and then lost out to milan and he went on to have two great seasons for them at a young age...

if that didnt happen what would ye think of ibrahimovic lining out for us next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Sad to see Riccy go. Great service to the club.

Cole/Deco/Ballack/Carvalho/Beletti. What's that, near £20 mill off the wage bill? Roman must be looking to make the club start paying it's way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

2. Branislav Ivanovic
    3. Ashley Cole
    18. Yury Zhirkov
    19. Paulo Ferreira
    41. Sam Hutchinson
    42. Michael Mancienne
    43. Jeffrey Bruma
    17. Jose Bosingwa
    33. Alex
    26. John Terry

You can probably take Mancienne out of that lot as I'd say a loan back to Wolves is on the cards.

That leaves us with 9 defenders, take Bruma and Hutch out of that as I doubt they will have huge amount of playing time. Bosingwa whenever he comes back will take time to get back to his best. I think we are looking quite short.

Our best possible backline in my opinion is

Bosingwa Ivanovic Alex Cole

Never going to happen but serious questions will be asked of JT this season

There was talk of a transfer deal for Portuguese LB Fabio Coentrao at the last press conference, but it was dismissed by Carlo.

Undeniably, players need to be bought. Like has been said, we can't be sure of relying on the youngsters, even if they are impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Its a shame JT just can't be dropped, he's going to be exposed this season unless he up's his game big time.
    I can't believe we've let go of 5 first team players (albeit not all starters) and havn't made the big signing we desperately need.
    This time last year the talk here was about "when" we would win the league, not "if", this year I'm just not so sure. :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement