Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Modric would be class although I hope that doesn't stop Josh getting his chances...Hopefully he breaks through this season !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

superfrank wrote: »
    Modric would be class although I hope that doesn't stop Josh getting his chances...Hopefully he breaks through this season !

Even if we did sign another midfielder the form of lamps, essien and mikel has been poor so I would fancy josh getting a few games tbh.

The thing about modric is that man utd are also chasing him and they may swap berbatov to get him which gives them an advantage maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Even if we did sign another midfielder the form of lamps, essien and mikel has been poor so I would fancy josh getting a few games tbh.

The thing about modric is that man utd are also chasing him and they may swap berbatov to get him which gives them an advantage maybe.
    But what if we land...'Arry!:eek:

papagormo wrote: »
    But what if we land...'Arry!:eek:

As some poster said Modric wants to stay in London. Hopefully thats true:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Can't see Spurs wanting Berbs, he's not what they need. They need a Drogba more than a Berbatov, someone who can play on there own up front comfortably.

superfrank wrote: »
    As some poster said Modric wants to stay in London. Hopefully thats true:D

Twud be handy for Modric alright, a nice stroll across town!

Twud be handy for Modric alright, a nice stroll across town!

and a hefty payrise

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

and a hefty payrise
    I'd say he'd nearly double his money at Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

A lot of talk about modric, apparently he wants to stay in london, I think he is exactly what we need. Not as good as sneijder imo but the fact he is proven quality in the premier league, cheaper and younger makes him preferable imo.

How much money do you think Levy will ask Chelsea for Modric? Cheaper?? I don't think you know Spurs too well

• Advertisement

How much money do you think Levy will ask Chelsea for Modric? Cheaper?? I don't think you know Spurs too well

I have no idea, some people on other sites are talking about 30mill, I have no idea but sneijder would cost at least 35 mill imo and inter would not sell cheap either so yeah modric would still probably be cheaper.

I am only speculating, chelsea don't even have a manager so whos knows:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

I have no idea, some people on other sites are talking about 30mill, I have no idea but sneijder would cost at least 35 mill imo and inter would not sell cheap either so yeah modric would still probably be cheaper.

I am only speculating, chelsea don't even have a manager so whos knows:confused:

He is the main man at Spurs, contracted until 2016 aged 25. Spurs got £30 million for a 28 year old. I cannot see Spurs selling, why would they. They are not skint

He is the main man at Spurs, contracted until 2016 aged 25. Spurs got £30 million for a 28 year old. I cannot see Spurs selling, why would they. They are not skint
    Yes but we all see what power the players have now.

Torres forced through his transfer to Chelsea and the new Liverpool owners didn't need the money.

I don't think Modric will be at Spurs in September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

amiable wrote: »
    Yes but we all see what power the players have now.

Torres forced through his transfer to Chelsea and the new Liverpool owners didn't need the money.

I don't think Modric will be at Spurs in September

SSN reports that Bale and Modric wont be sold

SSN reports that Bale and Modric wont be sold
    Didn't Liverpool say Torres was not for sale for a few days before he left?

If Modric wants to go to United or Chelsea he'll probably get his way imo

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Lads, I'm half afraid to say it, but this one could be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That would be pretty good. Modric as well please.

Well lads, don't know if Anelka and Rameries were on to any of ye, but they are after facebooking me with this link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Lol-would be good if he scores a hat-trick against Turkey and this heralds the end of Guus. Transfer confirmed on Monday and then Guus announced on Tuesday.

In other (confirmed) news, Mancienne is off to Hamburg permanently.

No harm I guess, he wasn't even making the team at Wolves, but I would like to see some of our younger players getting a game next season, not least Conor Clifford (a long shot I know).

so now we have drogba, torres and lukaku all battling for one position:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

so now we have drogba, torres and lukaku all battling for one position:confused:

New Formation is gonna be 3-2-2-3 :pac:

Cech

Luiz
    Terry
    Cole

Essien
    Lampard

Aguero
    Neymar

--Torres----Drogba
    Lukaku--

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

gavredking wrote: »
    New Formation is gonna be 3-2-2-3 :pac:

Cech

Luiz
    Terry
    Cole

Essien
    Lampard

Aguero
    Neymar

--Torres----Drogba
    Lukaku--

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Quick Roman - sign that man up quick!
    (But poor old Danny and Josh on the bench?)
    If we play Lukaku, surely we have to play Josh as they are the same age?
    I dont think Lukaku will walk into the team, he will be held back

Love the chat about the Drog!

Drogba you must come to Galatasaray Istanbul , you earn more money than chelsea!
    4 · Like · Reply · 20 hours ago

• 187567_1329549333_3603084_q.jpgDave Creme · IB_4KHj5E1Z.png Top Commenteri asked drogba if he wanted to go to gala****aray, he said bollocks
      1 · Like · Reply · 17 hours ago

• 187567_1329549333_3603084_q.jpgDave Creme · IB_4KHj5E1Z.png Top Commenterits not about money numnuts, its about loyalty feckin idiot
      Like · Reply · 10 hours ago

187500_100000447915611_4587520_q.jpgHüseyin YaziciDrogba should come galatasaray.
    4 · Like · Reply · 20 hours ago

187567_1329549333_3603084_q.jpgDave Creme · IB_4KHj5E1Z.png Top Commenterwhy would he want to go to a ****house

Quick Roman - sign that man up quick!
    (But poor old Danny and Josh on the bench?)
    If we play Lukaku, surely we have to play Josh as they are the same age?
    I dont think Lukaku will walk into the team, he will be held back

Love the chat about the Drog!

Drogba you must come to Galatasaray Istanbul , you earn more money than chelsea!

I will only consider the Chelsea job if I can re-hire Ray Wilkins and get £3 Million a year, £6 Million is just too much a year and I dont want to be greedy. :pac:

On Danny and Josh, they will be my first choice go to guys, I also propose to ship out Kalou to Sybria.

The Drogba chat is funny to read.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Anyone else think we should dump Torres this summer ?

You seriously think he is going to start scoring next season ?

he might get one goal against Bolton in October and another against Wolves
    in April ....

50 mill ? you having a laugh ??

jcf wrote: »

in April ....

Seriously?? Really?? Sell Torres?? Are you familar with our resident pessimist the_monkey?? Are you taking his place??

Torres is sheer class.
    Selling him would be madness

in April ....

but they are going to be serrrrrrious goals in fairness!:pac:

Torres is sheer class.
    Selling him would be madness

Thank you
    but they are going to be serrrrrrious amounts of goals in fairness!:pac:

FYP ;)

Brendan Rodgers revealed today that Fabio Borini signed a pre-contract agreement with Parma before joining Swansea on loan. Five year deal. #chelseayouth

Brendan Rodgers revealed today that Fabio Borini signed a pre-contract agreement with Parma before joining Swansea on loan. Five year deal. #chelseayouth

In the handful of games I seen Borini play for Swansea he really gave his all in played like it meant something and he left it all out there when he got his chance.

I wish him well, I would have loved to see him get his chance but it wasnt to be. I think he'll be a good Serie A player and ina few years end up at one of the giants in Italy or maybe abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

thats a shame, would have liked to see Rodgers bringing another of the chelsea youth to the premier league, wish the kid all the best tho. Wonder who we will loan out to Swansea next season, would it be a good destination for Josh maybe? a manager that knows him?

in April ....

I'm on the fence! :eek:

Crespo, Sheva......Fleck, Sutton
    Its a Chelsea tradition!

50 mill or not, Roman has proved he is not sentimental, and he will be shipped out if he doesnt at least reach double figures next season!

I'm on the fence! :eek:

Its a Chelsea tradition!

50 mill or not, Roman has proved he is not sentimental, and he will be shipped out if he doesnt at least reach double figures next season!
    He will easily reach double figures next season

Looks like Jack Cork is going to move on as well

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9058886.Chelsea_accept_bids_for_Burnley_target_Cork/?ref=rss

I've also read that Michael Woods and a few others will also be moved on

I wonder who's making these decisions, seeing as we don't have a manager? ;)

I've EVEN seen Josh linked with Man U and Arsenal! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Woods is going it was announced after the reserves won the league, injuries ruined any chance he had of making a good go at it at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Goal.com are reporting The Lukaku deal won't be finalised until we have a new manager appointed, but we were going after Lukaku when Carlo was here, like the manager is going to say no to this?

I'm on the fence!

Its a Chelsea tradition!

Dont worry, Torres will come good.

Hes too good not to.
    He will easily reach double figures next season

Torres, if he stays injury free (easier said then done ) will come close too or smash 20 goals, feel free anyone to qoute me on this.
    Looks like Jack Cork is going to move on as well

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9058886.Chelsea_accept_bids_for_Burnley_target_Cork/?ref=rss

I've also read that Michael Woods and a few others will also be moved on

I wonder who's making these decisions, seeing as we don't have a manager? ;)

I've EVEN seen Josh linked with Man U and Arsenal! :eek:

Just because Carlo is gone doesnt mean we have shipped out the youth coaches and reserve team coaches. hey would have a big say overal as they deal with these players and I'd imagine any deal was consultated with them.

Josh wont leave, maybe on loan, but thats it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

I hope he does, I really do - but as mentioned before, he doesn't suit being played on the wings, he needs to be a central striker - like Drogba - and as they are keeping Drogba, then someone is gonna be dropped - I guess Drogs will be on the bench a lot next season :( - or Torres ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Strong rumours around Portugal that Villa Boas will be appointed in next 48 hrs.:)

• Advertisement

I hope he does, I really do - but as mentioned before, he doesn't suit being played on the wings, he needs to be a central striker - like Drogba - and as they are keeping Drogba, then someone is gonna be dropped - I guess Drogs will be on the bench a lot next season :( - or Torres ! :)

Well when we played both upfront neitehr looked like they wanted to play the ball to each other, they both picked up good positions, onthe shoulder of the defenders or dropping deep but they are not a Xavi or Iniesta that can find that killer ball, thats why we need a playmaker and to drop one of them.

I can imagine it will be drogba, Drogab has more impact from the bench. I wouldnt rule out playing both, if we do Drogab will drop deeper and will ahve to feed Torres early, and that goes for all the midfield.

Also, in Drogabs first full eason he didnt set the EPL a light, give Torres time, he is the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

smuckers wrote: »
    Strong rumours around Portugal that Villa Boas will be appointed in next 48 hrs.:)

I'd be stunned if he left Porto this Summer.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'd be stunned if he left Porto this Summer.

Prepare to set your face........to stunned. ;)

The Assistant manager speaks!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8550193/Fernando-Torres-missing-the-influence-of-the-Liverpool-midfield-says-Chelsea-assistant-manager-Michael-Emenalo.html

On transfers - IMO
    Who ever we get will be an asset, and I hope just a 10th of these transfer rumours comes true.
    Pretty confident we will come back stronger, better and younger next season! :D

(Please Roman, let them have a season to "bed in")

Very Exciting times for chelsea fans...between getting a new manager & new signings.

Neymar Plays his semi final tonight & if they get eliminated I expect there to be some movement on his transfer whether its good or bad.

Also there are rumors on Twitter that Chelsea have agreed to a deal with the 3rd party people that own a certain percentage of Neymar.

Our Preseason is going to be showed live on Sky Sports...Hopefully we can get a look at our new signings Neymar & Modric :)

Anyone else think we should dump Torres this summer ? You seriously think he is going to start scoring next season ?

in April ....

No
    smuckers wrote: »

Bull**** methinks

• Advertisement

The thing with Michael Emenalo, when a new man comes in, I'd expect him to want to bring in his own men to help him and that would mean eithera lesser role for Emenalo or for him to be given the boot. I can see Roman keeping him in the club and making him a 1st team coach as any new manager who doesnt bring his own coaching staff would be mad.

Emenalo is a pawn, I think he should go back to coaching underage, terrible interview. Whoever comes in will either need to pick between PC or Emenalo or bring their own assistant. We have plenty of spaces to be filled.

Whats the feeling on Rijkaard?

I dont think fans or club will give a toss about the 2005 comments if he wins stuff

http://thisisfutbol.com/2011/06/blogs/premier-league/which-barcelona-legend-will-chelsea-turn-to-guardiola-or-rijkaard

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement