Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Whats the feeling on Rijkaard?

I dont think fans or club will give a toss about the 2005 comments if he wins stuff

http://thisisfutbol.com/2011/06/blogs/premier-league/which-barcelona-legend-will-chelsea-turn-to-guardiola-or-rijkaard
    Arrogant - and he spits - no thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

MUSEIST wrote: »

This is fantastic news - would completely rejuvenate the club.

I don't want rijkard nor think he is that likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Wasn't Jose in charge when Chelsea signed Schevchenko too?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

amiable wrote: »
    Wasn't Jose in charge when Chelsea signed Schevchenko too?

Sheva was only bought so Romans missus could go shopping with Shevas missus

Drogba being mentioned over in the Liverpool thread as a possible target

Don't shoot the messenger:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Drogba will not go to Liverpool, not a chance.

Johner wrote: »
    Drogba will not go to Liverpool, not a chance.
    Why no chance?

IMO its very very unlikely but if there's one thing i've learnt there's no such thing as no chance anymore in football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Drogba being mentioned over in the Liverpool thread as a possible target

Don't shoot the messenger:)

lol, liverpool fans and their delusions of grandeur:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Why no chance?

IMO its very very unlikely but if there's one thing i've learnt there's no such thing as no chance anymore in football

I agree.. I see Drogba finishing his career at Chelsea. IN fact Chelsea are apparently getting him to sign an extension on his contract.

Anelka would be a more likely target!

I see Drogba finishing off for a year in the South of France TBH

Probably not for a couple of years.
    Alot may depend on if Lukaku arrives this summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Why no chance?

A/ Because Chelsea recognise and have publicy stated that we dont sell our best players
    B/ He wants to stay
    C/ We wouldnt sell to any "rival" (Except J Cole, who was obviously considered not a danger)
    D/ If he left, more likely to go to Marsaille where he is idolised

http://naijabet.com/news/tag/ron-gourlay/

http://blogs.bettor.com/Football-Update-Ron-Gourlay-announces-no-Chances-of-Drogba-departing-and-Ancelotti-to-be-given-enough-funds-to-refurnish-squad-a19628

Chelsea didn't sell Joe Cole

As i said i can't see it happening either but i wouldn't say zero chance

Why no chance?

True, but I just cannot see Drogba going to another PL club or Chelsea letting him.

A/ Because Chelsea recognise and have publicy stated that we dont sell our best players
    B/ He wants to stay
    C/ We wouldnt sell to any "rival" (Except J Cole, who was obviously considered not a danger)
    D/ If he left, more likely to go to Marsaille where he is idolised

http://naijabet.com/news/tag/ron-gourlay/

http://blogs.bettor.com/Football-Update-Ron-Gourlay-announces-no-Chances-of-Drogba-departing-and-Ancelotti-to-be-given-enough-funds-to-refurnish-squad-a19628
    Now we know the first link you posted is a load of bull as they mention a 15 mill fee.

He's 33. Nobody would pay that.
    Not even Real or Man City

Now we know the first link you posted is a load of bull as they mention a 15 mill fee.

Probably not but....
    They said no one would pay 35 mill for andy carroll!
    50 mill for Torres

Arsenal signed Lens lehmann
    Kids of 5 are being signed up

anything is possible in the crazy crazy world of footie!

No we didnt sell him - we let him go - same difference, basically we didint care where he went.

I think Spurs would to be honest...but thats a good point. Chelsea aren't going to let him go for 15mil of less. He's a club legend & will be a useful player whether it be starting or coming from the bench.

IMO he has another good season is him! Then he can be a bit part player. From what i've read or heard hes a great character to have in the dressing room.

superfrank wrote: »
    I think Spurs would to be honest...but thats a good point. Chelsea aren't going to let him go for 15mil of less. He's a club legend & will be a useful player whether it be starting or coming from the bench.

IMO he has another good season is him! Then he can be a bit part player. From what i've read or heard hes a great character to have in the dressing room.
    Think you'll get more out of Drogba if he doesn't play as much.

Keep him fresh and big impact. Malaria didn't help him this season

Not even Spurs would pay that much IMO

Probably not but....
    50 mill for Torres

Kids of 5 are being signed up

No we didnt sell him - we let him go - same difference, basically we didint care where he went.
    You make a compelling case for my point that anything could happen in Football:D

Apparently next seasons new away kit leaked on Twitter today....

chelsea_11_12_adidas_away_leaked.jpg

My only complement is that its better than this seasons away kit !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Can't decide if I like that away jersey or not to be honest.
    I like the new home jersey, that might have to be purchased at some point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Lukaku has after injuring his metatarsal, and we've had a big bid for Pastore rejected according to their president

smuckers wrote: »
    Lukaku has after injuring his metatarsal, and we've had a big bid for Pastore rejected according to their president

I'd take everything their president says with a pinch of salt. He's know to hype up signings & bids of his players that never materialize. Saying that, we should be looking for that type of player this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Probably not but....
    50 mill for Torres

Kids of 1 are being signed up

fyp

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956/europe/2011/04/29/2464441/vvv-venlo-sign-one-year-old-on-ten-year-contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

The kit looks horrible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Think it's quite nice actually, will probably pick one up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Dunno what to make of that new shirt. First thing that came to mind was "least its not neon."

Third one is supposed to be white with yellow and black.

I quite liked the last white kit, thought it was pretty nice.
    Wouldn't mind a return to the oul bring out a jersey every 2-3 seasons though.

papagormo wrote: »
    I quite liked the last white kit, thought it was pretty nice.
    Wouldn't mind a return to the oul bring out a jersey every 2-3 seasons though.

Ye that'd be great, I have a load of jerseys from the last few years I haven't even worn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

We all know that won't happen though. Its revenue for the club. As long as shirt sales are strong, they'll change every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Turkey coach Guus Hiddink drops hint that Chelsea return is imminent

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/02/guus-hiddink-chelsea-turkey-abramovich

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thursday Interview with Ashley Cole from ChelseaFC.com

For me hes still the best LB on the planet its hard to believe the guy is 30.
    It is often said in football that winning is a habit. Lifting trophies then must be an addiction. Do it once and you will want it again.

Ashley Cole has won at least one piece of silverware in seven of the last 10 seasons, but this year finished empty-handed for the second time in his Chelsea career, ensuring a frustrating summer examining where things went wrong.

Despite his Players' Player of the Year award, the defender will not be looking back on the 2010/11 campaign as a vintage year, though admits there is one personal accomplishment that makes him proud - to have been an ever-present throughout our 38-game Barclays Premier League campaign.

'I think it's a good achievement, Lamps has done it a few times and you always want to play in every game and as many as you can, so luckily for me I've managed to do it and on Sunday it was nice to have done it,' Cole explains.

'I've never done it before, at Arsenal the team was rotated a little bit, but this year I've been lucky with injuries, I've not had too many problems where I've not trained or not been available to play.

'We have good fitness coaches and good medical staff here who look after my ankle and understand if I need to rest a day and I'm able to play.'
    Cole's issues with his left ankle are well-documented. In an interview in late 2010 he admitted there are mornings when he struggles to walk, making his ever-present record all the more impressive, not to mention a record number of England caps for a full-back - a number he should add to this weekend against Switzerland.

Astonishingly, he turned 30 in December, days after John Terry reached the same landmark age, and although there are occasional problems early in the day, there is no general feeling of ageing for a player who has built a reputation for having a box-to-box engine that allows him to contribute at both ends of the field.

'When I look back, it's crazy to be 30, but I've been playing regularly for 10 or 11 years now,' he says, assessing a glittering career that has amassed three league titles, six FA Cups (a record) and two Champions League finals. 'I don't feel 30, we train with a lot of young players and they make you feel young, and I feel good.

'I feel healthy, fit, so as I've said before I hope to keep going for a few more years. It's hard to say how long, I do have a bad ankle and it's not something which just goes away so I have to manage it and take it season by season, but if I look now and say how I feel I know I've definitely got three years.'

Waiting in the wings to replace Cole in the Chelsea line-up are two youngsters who have been busy proving themselves lower down the pyramid in the Football League.

Ryan Bertrand amassed more than 150 professional appearances before making his Chelsea debut in April, while Patrick van Aanholt spent the second half of this season on loan with Leicester City, and the first half of last with Coventry City, in between impressing with a series of Stamford Bridge cameos.

'They're both good guys, two young attacking full-backs who are always willing to learn and always asking questions,' says the grand master. 'They want to improve their game and I think they've both had good experience now. Ryan has played more than 150 Football League games. That's crazy at his age [21], so they've both been out and got experience.
    'As a player doing that makes you understand and learn what football is all about, it's great playing for the reserves who did well this year, but it's not the same as when you have to go away to places like Tranmere and play for a real three points.

'It's good for them and hopefully next season they can push on and maybe they'll get more opportunities here than they did this season.'
    Cole speaks from experience. While coming through Arsenal's ranks he spent a period with Crystal Palace, a time he believes contributed to making him the player he has become.

'Definitely,' he says, 'you think Arsenal reserves are a really good side but when you go away on loan it's competitive, you're playing against big men and it's a big step up, but if you can step up well there, then as a young guy you can come back and train with the first team and naturally improve.

'I saw Daniel Sturridge recently, and look at what he has done at Bolton. I knew what he could do, I've seen him in training and he's honestly one of the hardest players I've ever had to mark, his movement is unreal, so the future here is with the young players and hopefully when he comes back next season he'll see more opportunities and bang goals in for us like he has done for Bolton.'

Shifting the focus back on to his own form, Cole is uneasy when it is suggested his award - the second time he has won it in three years - was well-deserved.

In a year of fluctuating team performances Cole's form remained constantly solid, if unspectacular, yet the player modestly insists there were others far more deserving.

'It's hard when as a team you don't win anything, award ceremonies can drag on a little bit, but I was surprised, shocked, that the players voted for me,' he explains. 'I can only thank them but I don't know what they were watching this season!

'I did alright, but I made more mistakes. I think I played more good games than bad ones, but it's opinions and I'm pleased to have won.'
    Who, then, were the other contenders?

'Petr Cech (Fans' Player of the Year] had a good season, but I voted for John Terry. I think he's been solid and easy to play with, so he got my vote.

'We have the best defensive record in the league, but that's not just the goalie or the defenders, it is the whole team, we defend from up front and that makes it easier for the back four, so that's down to the work ethic of our team and the desire to win and not lose.'

Cole was the only Chelsea man to be voted into the PFA Premier League Team of the Year this season. It is his fourth appearance, claiming his spot back from Manchester United's Patrice Evra, though his absence was hardly keeping him awake at night.

'It's nice, everyone loves to be in those kind of teams but I really don't care too much,' he shrugs. 'As long as my team-mates and my manager are happy, then I'm alright. Of course it's nice to get recognition from other players, coaches and fans, of course it is, it's what we all dream of doing but I just want to win things, win trophies so I can't see this as a successful season.'

Of course it was not without its highlights.

'At the start of the season we played some good football, some sexy football to be fair,' he smiles, referencing a former Chelsea manager, Ruud Gullit. 'Blackpool at home in that first half was special, but it's been a tough season.

'When we had that crazy, not even a blip, an unheard of period for any team, when we were going through that stage everyone wrote us off and rightly so at the time, but give us credit to come back and okay, lose it by four points or whatever, but like Johnny Vaughan said at The Awards, it is an achievement to come second in the Premier League.

'That said though, we feel as though we should be winning and we want to win, but second is not bad in this league.'

There will be plenty of time to reflect over the coming weeks. Having now returned from helping out team-mate Michael Essien in Ghana, Cole has the Switzerland qualifier to prepare for, and then it is holiday time.
    The plan is simple.

'I'm just going to enjoy my holidays, recharge, relax and get ready for next season because it comes around fast when you're 30.'

Once he is back in training and has the thought of trophies back on his mind, that may be no bad thing.

opr wrote: »
    Turkey coach Guus Hiddink drops hint that Chelsea return is imminent

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/02/guus-hiddink-chelsea-turkey-abramovich

Opr

Seems only a matter of time now.

Hiddink for a man of 64 looks very well, doesn't look his age at all.

Hopefully we will know in a few days what his decision will be but it looks more and more likely he'll end up our manager.

No compliants from me anyway. :)

gavredking wrote: »
    Hiddink for a man of 64 looks very well, doesn't look his age at all.

Hopefully we will know in a few days what his decision will be but it looks more and more likely he'll end up our manager.

No compliants from me anyway. :)

Yep, the Second Coming.

Funny how for such a big club, there isnt any speculation or gossip about it On SSN etc

(And then when it is announced expect all the usual rubbish about how long will he last, the pressure etc etc yawn o yawn. I tell thee, fellow Chelsea Fans, I hope we do start winning everything in sight, and then they really will have something to moan about!)

And did I tell you the one about Carlo for Villa??!!

Yep, the Second Coming.

Funny how for such a big club, there isnt any speculation or gossip about it On SSN etc

(And then when it is announced expect all the usual rubbish about how long will he last, the pressure etc etc yawn o yawn. I tell thee, fellow Chelsea Fans, I hope we do start winning everything in sight, and then they really will have something to moan about!)

And did I tell you the one about Carlo for Villa??!!

Ah if it doesn't involve Britain's 2 biggest clubs ( Man Utd, Liverpool ) SSN dont really want to know. If Hiddink gets the job, I agree, his first press conference will be littered with the usual tabloid ****e questions about pressure to win and play perfectly straight away. But this is normal in the modern game but thanks to Roman, our managers always get these questions.

Sure after wining all we've won since Roman came in we have been branded a plastic club, no history, buying success so TBH I'm used too it at this stage, water off a ducks back, you'd swear Chelsea FC didnt exist pre 2003 and Roman's £££££££. :rolleyes:

Carlo to Villa?? :pac: Gotta love the silly season. :pac:

Looks like Bolton want to take Sturridge on loan for another season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Do ye reckon he's coming as manager or as a DOF type role? The article doesn't specify?

Looks like Bolton want to take Sturridge on loan for another season.

Danny only has 1 year left on his contract, makes no sense to loan him out and then leave on a free??:confused:
    flahavaj wrote: »
    Do ye reckon he's coming as manager or as a DOF type role? The article doesn't specify?

He said he misses day to day club management and working with players longer term so it would be strange to go into a dof role then.

He said he misses day to day club management and working with players longer term so it would be strange to go into a dof role then.

I thought he might be too cute to take on the manager's role - huge risk of his mate Roman sacking him and his reputation taking a hit, whereas DOF he gets to snuggle up nicely to the boss and won't be the fall guy.

A manager I reckon...Hopefully :)

Any see Robin Van Persies attack on chelsea
    “People who are watching the game on television and fans really do not want to see these kind of things. If you want to witness a lot of complaints, you should just go the bakery or something. There’s always people nagging there as well.

Chelsea players are always bitching against the referees. I really cannot understand that. Just shut the f*** up and focus on playing football.”

Funny that Robbie..Chelsea finished top of the fair play league. I have to say thats so hypocritical considering Arsenal are moaning bitches most the time.

Sorry RVP, But your talking out of your arse!

I enjoyed this
    http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Robin-van-Persie-shares-his-hypocritical-pet-pee?urn=sow-wp2191

• Advertisement

I thought he might be too cute to take on the manager's role - huge risk of his mate Roman sacking him and his reputation taking a hit, whereas DOF he gets to snuggle up nicely to the boss and won't be the fall guy.

well its a great opertunity for any manager, great squad of players, loads of cash to spend, have a crack at major titles next year and if he fails and gets the sack he can say that even mourinhno and ancelotii got the sack so hes not in bad company there.
    The chelsea job offers 'everything to gain and nothing to lose' for any perspective manager

well its a great opertunity for any manager, great squad of players, loads of cash to spend, have a crack at major titles next year and if he fails and gets the sack he can say that even mourinhno and ancelotii got the sack so hes not in bad company there.
    The chelsea job offers 'everything to gain and nothing to lose' for any perspective manager

Except their job.:pac:

Except their job.:pac:

I'd say any payoff would soften the blow:pac:

Twitter is making me like Rooney abit .. He was tweeting about Torres, just too piss off Liverpool fans ha ha
    Going to sleep guys gonna count 19 sheep to help me sleep. #whenwasurlastleaguewasibornohyearbarley
    Goodnight all sweet dreams. #torresallday ooooosssssshhhhhhh
    Only Saying what every Liverpool fan and player or ex player was saying 1 year ago. Torres best over last 20 years. #oooff
    @stevotodd zzzzzzzz Torres best Liverpool player in last 20 years facts. Look at the stats. Zzzzzzzz
    @Pippo_dev Torres ten times out of ten (regarding Torres or Suarez)
    @PaulGrat1 what u doing stato Torres would walk in your team everytime. U don't become a bad player cause of 1 season

speaking of twitter, hearing that apparently brazilian media are reporting that we have agreed terms with neymer, 5 yr deal

Twitter is making me like Rooney abit .. He was tweeting about Torres, just too piss off Liverpool fans ha ha

Ha, got to love Rooney's Twitter comments, seems a bit like a troll. :P
    speaking of twitter, hearing that apparently brazilian media are reporting that we have agreed terms with neymer, 5 yr deal

I'd love to believe it, but I think if and any Neymar dealwell drag on quiet a bit due to trying to negoiate with Santos and the 3rd party. My understanding is we'd have to " buy out " the 3rd party before any transfer beteen Santos and Chelsea could happen and be within EPL rules.

The case maybe tht we have agreed terms with the 3rd party, in which case it would be a stepping stone too a full deal between both clubs, interesting if true.

Small little piece from ChelseaFC.com involving Daviz Luiz and his favourite games.

I f**king love David Luiz :D

In the second instalment of our Favourite Games feature this summer, David Luiz recalls two clashes from the 2010/11 season as his choices.

Favourite game played:
    David Luiz has opted for the match which secured an early place in the Chelsea fans' hearts as his favourite game played.

When Manchester United headed south for the re-scheduled Barclays Premier League clash in March, David Luiz was the man who equalised for Chelsea after Wayne Rooney put his side ahead.

The visitors took the lead on 29 minutes and went into the break 1-0 up, but after 10 minutes of second-half football, the new defender struck.
    When Branislav Ivanovic's header fell towards David Luiz, there was little Edwin van der Sar could do as the Brazilian defender rifled a volley into the net, levelling the game.

Frank Lampard would then expertly strike home from the penalty spot, after Yury Zhirkov was brought down inside the area, securing the Blues a 2-1 win.

It was the start of an unbeaten run in the Barclays Premier League for Chelsea, as we closed the gap between us and Manchester United.
    'The Manchester United game at home, when I scored, that's my favourite game played,' explains David Luiz.

'The victory for the team was very important. It was also the beginning of a journey when we had a lot of victories one after the other.

'The support from the fans was amazing as well. But not just in that game, when you have the support we have as Chelsea players, it's just beautiful.'

Favourite game watched:
    David Luiz's favourite game watched comes from La Liga, when two of the world's greatest club sides battled it out in November last year.

When Real Madrid travelled to the Nou Camp for the biggest league game in Spanish football, no one expected the thrashing that ensued.

Jose Mourinho could only watch as his Madrid side were subjected to one of the finest ever performances in club football. Pep Guardiola's side leapfrogged Mourinho's Madrid into top spot in La Liga with a truly emphatic 5-0 win.

Barcelona took the lead when Xavi volleyed an Andres Iniesta pass over Iker Casillas from 10 yards out. The Catalan club then doubled the deficit before half-time, Pedro smashing in from close range, and another three goals came in the second-half, Villa drilling a Messi ball into the net before a fantastic Messi pass from the half-way line would gave Villa his second moments later. The final goal came in injury time when substitute Jeffren latched onto a Bojan cross.

'Barcelona v Madrid, the 5-0, that was the best game I have ever seen,' says David Luiz.

'The way Barcelona controlled the game was incredible. They were always aware of what they were doing and they kept the same philosophy throughout the game. It was a lesson in football.'

LEGEND :pac:

Rumors seem to be pointing to us signing Lukaku..he's pulled out of the Belgium/ Turkey match because of injury. He said he wants his future sorted by monday.

Can't see Neymar coming if he comes, or else Sturridge will leavel. Lukaku is a big Chelsea & in particular Drogba fan!

2117z7p.jpg

Rumors seem to be pointing to us signing Lukaku..he's pulled out of the Belgium/ Turkey match because of injury. He said he wants his future sorted by monday.

Can't see Neymar coming if he comes, or else Sturridge will leavel. Lukaku is a big Chelsea & in particular Drogba fan!

2117z7p.jpg

Thing that I'm really interested in Lukaku is, hes a ready made replacement for Drogba, they are similar size, build, both can blast past people and bully defenders, granted Lukaku is playing in Belguim but he really is a cut above, Lukaku is quicker, understandable as he has a good few years on Drog's. :pac:

Drogba is a more skillful player and is one of the best striker of the ball on the planet, wether from dead balls or open play. But Lukaku is stll young. Heres hoping. :pac:

I think if we get Lukaku we can still fit Neymar into the team, he can play anywhere upfront or in a deeper forward in the free role, in the hole if you will. There is still no word on players on the way out so that will decitate who comes in.

• Advertisement

On that note, who do ye think will be leaving Chelsea this summer?
    Personally, I can't see Yuri staying on, especially if a winger is brought in.
    Bosingwa might be heading for the exit door, as might Paulo I'd expect.
    After that, I'd put question marks over Yossi (handy squad player, but I'd rather see a younger player get game time. That said, he might be the key to unlock Torres) Kalou (handy sub to be brought on) and possibly Anelka (hugely depends on who is brought in)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement