Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Surely anelka is gone if we bring in a young striker and yuri wants to go back to russia. I would keep yossi, he has not even had a proper chance yet and could be a usefull player to have around.

What are peoples thoughts on mark hughes??? Personally he is preferable to harry imo if the hiddink thing falls through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sparky wouldn't be the worst appointment, but 'Arry might be able to wheel n deal Modric over to Stamford Bridge!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I can see Anelka, Malouda, Zhirkov, Bosingwa, Benayoun, Turnbull, all getting the chop.

We have replacements for all these players so they would be my favourites to go.

Hughes and Harry can both f**k off, there both not good enough to manage at this level on a constant basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

papagormo wrote: »
    Yossi (handy squad player, but I'd rather see a younger player get game time. That said, he might be the key to unlock Torres) Kalou (handy sub to be brought on)

id sell them both in a heartbeat, we all said when we signed Yossi that it was a terrible move, I still think he's rubbish and he's old too, certainly dont think its worth having him in the team to unlock anything from Torres, I think having an actual good winger who'l pass him the ball in the box would be!!

Kalou shows the smallest flashes of brilliance, but he has had what 5 years now to make the step up and he's not good enough, cereal chance waster!!

Forgot about Kalou, I'd ship him on too, that way we would have Drogab, Torres, Sturridge at the club with Kakuta who can play up and around it. without any transfers coming in thats a fairly decent forward line. " world beaters, a promising youngster and a guy who got games alst year and scored goals.

One interesting thing to note is about David Luiz, towards the last few games, Ancelotti wouldnt play him, mainly due to his complaining when Carlo questioned his poisiton in the Utd game at OT. what will the new guy do with him?

Will he play him CB with Terry, willhe be moved out to RB and bomb on? Could he play DM for us and free up Essien? Personally I'd play him at CB, he adapted to the EPL effortlessly and looked a natural back there but hes prone to the odd mistake but thats part of his game, taking risks, I dont think that should be curbed at all,hes a natural flair player and weneed that to build from the back like Carvalho used to allow us to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

gavredking wrote: »

Hughes and Harry can both f**k off, there both not good enough to manage at this level on a constant basis.
    And what is this level you speak of? You wuld be lucky to have Hughes or Redknapp as manager.

Will he play him CB with Terry, willhe be moved out to RB and bomb on? Could he play DM for us and free up Essien?

Yeah I suggested that a while back too, I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do further up the pitch.

And what is this level you speak of? You wuld be lucky to have Hughes or Redknapp as manager.

Lucky?? Lucky?? Whys that?

Hughes had more money then god with City and done sweet F**k all, and at Fulham he did a piss poor job with nearly the same squad he took over from Hodgson.

Harry, well where to start, Southampton, Portsmouth, West Ham, Spurs, ya I can see where those clubs rank up there with Chelsea. He had a lucky season with Spurs who got to the CL ahead of City due to Citys inabiltiy to win games ( not Harrys fault ) so Harry as a potential manager of City, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, not a chance, he has acheived nothing to justify the English Medias bias. Hes a reasonable manager, far from top quality to do it at a constant level with us.

P.S. The level I speak of is constant pressure for pushing for the title, rotating a squad, winning CL games home and away, having exceptional tactical awareness to change games ( something Carlo weas lacking in shades ) neither of these guiys have that ability and are unproven at this level.

Yeah I suggested that a while back too, I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do further up the pitch.

Screw it, play him upfront and bench Torres :P

He has more goals anyway :P

Haha! At least he knows where the goal is!:pac:
    His long range passes where pretty amazing from what I recall too.

• Advertisement

Haha! At least he knows where the goal is!:pac:
    His long range passes where pretty amazing from what I recall too.

So its decided then, dont mind Neymar, we'll play Luiz behind Torres and tear defences apart.

Papagormo, I'm applying for the Chelsea job, you shall be my assistant. :pac:

Dead on Gav!:pac:
    And if Roman gives you any trouble, you send him to my office and I'll sort him out with a bit of whats what!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

You really don't know much about football do you.

getting a bit worried about this, is he buying youngsters that arent good enough at Chelsea so we're happy to move them on, or is he poaching the best of our youth???
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6964993,00.html

also I see that Terry has said either Guus or Sparky are good picks for him!!
    I honestly hadnt considered Hughes, I didnt think he was brilliant at City, but that being said, I think he would have achieved everything Mancini has now but just didnt get the time to stay on and achieve it!! they were never gonna break the top 4 on their first try!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Lucky?? Lucky?? Whys that?

Hughes had more money then god with City and done sweet F**k all, and at Fulham he did a piss poor job with nearly the same squad he took over from Hodgson.

Harry, well where to start, Southampton, Portsmouth, West Ham, Spurs, ya I can see where those clubs rank up there with Chelsea. He had a lucky season with Spurs who got to the CL ahead of City due to Citys inabiltiy to win games ( not Harrys fault ) so Harry as a potential manager of City, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, not a chance, he has acheived nothing to justify the English Medias bias. Hes a reasonable manager, far from top quality to do it at a constant level with us.

P.S. The level I speak of is constant pressure for pushing for the title, rotating a squad, winning CL games home and away, having exceptional tactical awareness to change games ( something Carlo weas lacking in shades ) neither of these guiys have that ability and are unproven at this level.
    How do you figure Hughes did a piss poor job at Fulham?! :eek:

He plays great attacking football and Chelsea have suitable players for him to employ those tactics. No need to worry about him making shocking signings as it appears that it is Abramovich that is in charge of that area.

Just give him a chance. As for Redknapp, I think he has proven himself at Tottenham. Would be able to reinvigorate Terry and Lampard in my opinion.
    You really don't know much about football do you.
    Oh wow, a fan of a top 4 club having a sense of superiority when it comes to talking football :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

LanceStorm wrote: »
    getting a bit worried about this, is he buying youngsters that arent good enough at Chelsea so we're happy to move them on, or is he poaching the best of our youth???
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6964993,00.html

Any chance of a buy 2 get one free deal? Bulk pricing available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

How do you figure Hughes did a piss poor job at Fulham?! :eek:

He plays great attacking football and Chelsea have suitable players for him to employ those tactics. No need to worry about him making shocking signings as it appears that it is Abramovich that is in charge of that area.

Just give him a chance. As for Redknapp, I think he has proven himself at Tottenham. Would be able to reinvigorate Terry and Lampard in my opinion.

Oh wow, a fan of a top 4 club having a sense of superiority when it comes to talking football :rolleyes:

I actually agree that he did do a good job at Fulham, 8th place is pretty good, but then I also agree that the Fulhams, Blackburns of this world are his level.
    At Man City, he had the chance to buy the very best and who did he go for? Mainly odds and sods from previous clubs and look where they are now.

Belgium are 1-0 up on Turkey after 4 mins!

belgium actually have a serious team and lukaku is injured.

1-1....., cmon tu...belgium, idk

• Advertisement

1-1... is a draw enough to set him free??

Gokhan Tore on the bench, if Hiddink takes over it'd be a big advantage for the kid having worked with him with Turkey!!
    lets hope he dosent score!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Disappointed with the loss of Sala, looks like he will be a decent player. So are Hamburg now our feeder club, or are we theirs ? :p

Hiddink on his way to Chelsea as early as tomorrow, will it be as manager of dof?

Turns out Van Persie didn't say anything against Chelsea at all.
    Link
    Guus isn't guaranteeing he will be staying around at the Turkey camp.
    Link
    And Sparky Hughes is "honoured" to be approached for the Chelsea job (yeah I'm not going to link that one!:pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I really hope there's nothing in all this talk of Mark Hughes getting the job. While he may well turn out to be a very good manager, he certainly hasn't shown anything to warrant a job at a club that expect to be challenging for the League and Champions League next season.

Bring on Guus, my #1 choice.

I find this hard to believe but good if true

Kevin de Bruyne for 3.5 million

http://theshedender.com/2011/06/tabloid-talk/chelsea-land-teenage-winger-for-a-mere-e3-5-million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

http://theshedender.com/2011/06/tabloid-talk/chelsea-land-teenage-winger-for-a-mere-e3-5-million

Sure ye'll just sell him to Hamburg in 2014 for half a million.:pac:

Essien wrote: »
    I really hope there's nothing in all this talk of Mark Hughes getting the job. While he may well turn out to be a very good manager, he certainly hasn't shown anything to warrant a job at a club that expect to be challenging for the League and Champions League next season.

Bring on Guus, my #1 choice.

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2011/06/he-had-that-edge-to-him-that-made-sure.html

Going into "Monkey mode" here, but
    Still not completely sold on him, myself.
    Would he bring the exciting and winning football that Roman craves?
    And play some of the kids?
    Isnt he just a failed international manager who won us a cup that really, we should have won anyway with the squad we had?
    Tactical nous, when its going wrong?
    Half a season does not a swallow make!
    Maybe its just for a season whilst we wait for Guardiola (Who in turn succeeded because he knew the Barca squad, including the youngsters really well)

If you could have any manager, who would it be?
    Possibly Fergie?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Is he a right ringer or a left winger? Really don't think we need a left winger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

where as we have no right what so ever

From Chelsea Youth
    Ugh. RT @dan_bu: Heard from a reliable source that Töre will have a medical at HSV on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

You say we would be lucky to have Redknapp or Hughes. So yeah, I do have superior knowledge.

You say we would be lucky to have Redknapp or Hughes. So yeah, I do have superior knowledge.

The Dream team - Like sucking that sweet outer shell and then discovering a soft sticky centre!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1394369/Chelsea-want-Guus-Hiddink-Mark-Hughes-deliver-Champions-League-glory.html

Be afraid, ber very afraid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭jimcoolding

The Dream team - Like sucking that sweet outer shell and then discovering a soft sticky centre!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1394369/Chelsea-want-Guus-Hiddink-Mark-Hughes-deliver-Champions-League-glory.html

That'd be brilliant.

Oh FFS:mad:

• Advertisement

Sparky's agent insists that his decision not to continue at Fulham had nothing to do with any current vacant job positions.link

Sparky's agent insists that his decision not to continue at Fulham had nothing to do with any current vacant job positions.link

Its ok, the answer is so simple and staring us right in the face

Forget Guus, forget Sparky, forget 'Arry, Rafa etc

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/94582.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Oh lord^ I'd like him as the next Ireland manager but Chelsea? God no.

Its ok, the answer is so simple and staring us right in the face

Forget Guus, forget Sparky, forget 'Arry, Rafa etc

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/94582.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Ammmmm.....errrr.....wouldn't be banking on it Sgt!:D
    Although you never know I suppose..

Tore to complete medical at Hamburg tomorrow :(

• Advertisement

Tore to complete medical at Hamburg tomorrow :(

This is what I dont understand.
    The youngsters not good enough for Chelsea (Who made the choice?)
    but good enough for the bloke who recommended and rubber stamped their move to Chelsea in the first place???

What the hell is going on??

And they are after Bruma as well?

And then , through all this, PVA signs on, but Borini says no thanks ???
    So PVA obviously thinks or has been told he has a better chance of breaking through than a lot of others???

This is what I dont understand.
    The youngsters not good enough for Chelsea (Who made the choice?)
    but good enough for the bloke who recommended and rubber stamped their move to Chelsea in the first place???

What the hell is going on??

And they are after Bruma as well?

And then , through all this, PVA signs on, but Borini says no thanks ???
    So PVA obviously thinks or has been told he has a better chance of breaking through than a lot of others???

It will be almost imposible for anyone to break through, I've told you a million times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

flahavaj wrote: »
    It will be almost imposible for anyone to break through, I've told you a million times.

You post it at every opportunity at this stage.

Lukker- wrote: »

I have him on ignore - he's basically just a troll.
    Nothing positive to add, all negative

My point is legitimate and is backed up by the general disappointmnet amongst the posters in this thread at all the young talent leaving the club. If you weren't so caught up in getting butt sore that an opposition fan has a point you might realise ye agree with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

flahavaj wrote: »
    I have him on ignore - he's basically just a troll.
    Nothing positive to add, all negative

He's right this time to be fair to him. Sala was never ever going to break through with the strikers Chelsea have. Mancienne was never going to break through and I wouldn't be suprised if Bruma leaves too. He's got teams interested in him where he can go and play first team football right now and probably get a pay rise. So why sit in the reserves or get farmed out?

RT @dan_bu: Töre deal seems to be permanent. He´ll apparently sign a three-year contract. About €1.3m fee.

That really is awful, If I remember correctly he cost us more than that. He was certainly a player who showed great promise, he has progressed very well this season also and was the best player on the pitch on numerous occasions.

Of the players that have left there is only one that I'm actually sad to see leave and that's Borini because he's the only one I think could actually play at Chelsea's level and he was the only one the club actually wanted to keep.

Bruma - Too small to be a CB
    Tore - Has the physical attributes to be good player, not the technical
    Sala - Tidy enough player, still couldn't get his game for the reserves
    Mancienne - Simply not good enough, this was shown at wolves.

The players that are good enough will be kept.

Bruma - Too small to be a CB
    Tore - Has the physical attributes to be good player, not the technical
    Sala - Tidy enough player, still couldn't get his game for the reserves
    Mancienne - Simply not good enough, this was shown at wolves.

for some reason I was under the impression that Bruma was on loan, is he sold?

for some reason I was under the impression that Bruma was on loan, is he sold?

I think it's a 2 year loan with an option to buy, as good as gone.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement