Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Lukker- wrote: »
    Of the players that have left there is only one that I'm actually sad to see leave and that's Borini because he's the only one I think could actually play at Chelsea's level and he was the only one the club actually wanted to keep.

Bruma - Too small to be a CB
    Tore - Has the physical attributes to be good player, not the technical
    Sala - Tidy enough player, still couldn't get his game for the reserves
    Mancienne - Simply not good enough, this was shown at wolves.

The players that are good enough will be kept.

You hit the nail on the head there, none of these are good enough to play for chelsea. Thats how a youth system works, you keep the gems like maceachran, van aonholt, berthrand and you sell the rest to help raise some cash. These players would not have been given a greater chance at utd or liverpool because they are not good enough to play for those clubs. Yes its disapointing as a fan when young players leave but you have to be realistic, not all are good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think it's a 2 year loan with an option to buy, as good as gone.

Ah, a lot can happen in two years. He might just get the recall, wonder hows his FB credentials fare out.

In other news, torres scored for spain yesterday :eek::eek:and:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

papagormo wrote: »
    Ah, a lot can happen in two years. He might just get the recall, wonder hows his FB credentials fare out.

I'm not writing him off, he could improve alot with regular football, I just think after the loan is over I think Hamburg have the right to buy, so if he does well they will buy him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Of the players that have left there is only one that I'm actually sad to see leave and that's Borini because he's the only one I think could actually play at Chelsea's level and he was the only one the club actually wanted to keep.

Bruma - Too small to be a CB
    Tore - Has the physical attributes to be good player, not the technical
    Sala - Tidy enough player, still couldn't get his game for the reserves
    Mancienne - Simply not good enough, this was shown at wolves.

The players that are good enough will be kept.

Funny if you read the thread back from this time last year, I think all of those lads are named as having big futures at the club. Ye change yeer tune very quick lads.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Funny if you read the thread back from this time last year, I think all of those lads are named as having big futures at the club. Ye change yeer tune very quick lads.

Same thing happened on the utd thread with the likes of macheda, apparently according to utd fans he was the next big thing. What happened???? Suddenly ye lot are less enthusiastic:confused:

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Same thing happened on the utd thread with the likes of macheda, apparently according to utd fans he was the next big thing. What happened???? Suddenly ye lot are less enthusiastic:confused:

Macheda who was thrown into the United first team at the age of 17 in a pivotal game in the title hunt? My point isn't that young kids don't achieve their potential or that ours are better than yours or anything silly like that, its that at United kids will at least get a fairer crack of the whip than at Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I see Danny S scored for the under 21's, assist by Betrand

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/94769.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

The thing is that all clubs have to have "homegrown" players as well.
    Surely Danny will feature more next season.
    IMO he is ready to start upfront, but I think he will be benched a lot of the time.

Macheda who was thrown into the United first team at the age of 17 in a pivotal game in the title hunt? My point isn't that young kids don't achieve their potential or that ours are better than yours or anything silly like that, its that at United kids will at least get a fairer crack of the whip than at Chelsea.

So what? Why on earth do we need you to point that out to us?
    (Constantly)
    You are a troll lad, and should be reported as such

And to add to your "arguememt", your kids are simply not good enough.
    Why do you have to get in transfers at all then? Wheres your youth goalie, midfield replacement for scoles etc
    You arguement simply doesnt stand up

• Advertisement

So what? Why on earth do we need you to point that out to us?
    (Constantly)

You are a troll lad, and should be reported as such

Accusations of trolling on-thread are more worthy of being reported than someone taking a view you don't like in your team's thread.
    And to add to your "arguememt", your kids are simply not good enough.
    Why do you have to get in transfers at then? Wheres your youth goalie, midfield replacement for scoles etc
    You arguement simply doesnt stand up

I just pointed out two posts ago that I'm not trying to say Uniteds kids are better than Chelsea's. You accuse me of peddling the same argument over and over yet you still don't get it! Its not a matter of who has the beter kids. Chelsea's youth products might very well be etter than United's. But the lads at United still have a better chance of getting a go in the first team. That is my point, one that you seem incapable of grasping.

Find me a post, the only one I thought might make it was Bruma, but he was young and I thought he could bulk up a little because he was always far too small to be CB.

Find me a post, the only one I thought might make it was Bruma, but he was young and I thought he could bulk up a little because he was always far too small to be CB.

Read back the thread, its therein the firt ten pages somewhere. I see Mancienne being mentioned as ready for the first team too. Even at Christmas I remember people taking umbrage to the suggestion Mancienne won't be good enough.

Accusations of trolling on-thread are more worthy of being reported than someone taking a view you don't like in your team's thread.

I just pointed out two posts ago that I'm not trying to say Uniteds kids are better than Chelsea's. You accuse me of peddling the same argument over and over yet you still don't get it! Its not a matter of who has the beter kids. Chelsea's youth products might very well be etter than United's. But the lads at United still have a better chance of getting a go in the first team. That is my point, one that you seem incapable of grasping.

I am not arguing against your point. My problem is that you have made that point about 1,000,000,000 times in this thread, once was enough.

I am not arguing against your point. My problem is that you have made that point about 1,000,000,000 times in this thread, once was enough.

Clearly not when the guy I've had the debate with on several occasions is still convinced its a willy waving competition over which club has the better youth players and continues to treat it as such!

Why on earth do we care if your kids have more chance? Arsenal have more chance than anybody but I'm still not interested! I'm just not interested in your team, because I'm a CHELSEA supporter! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Why on earth do we care if your kids have more chance? Arsenal have more chance than anybody but I'm still not interested! I'm just not interested in your team, because I'm a CHELSEA supporter! :rolleyes:

You have discussed this topic at length with me on several different ocasions, its a bit laughable to now throw your toys out of the pram and say "I don't care about that anyway," just because what I have pointed out to you is coming to fruition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

flah, im sure your a sound lad who just enjoys a good debate, ive read some of your posts and your back up what your saying, I completely understand your point about us putting all this money into youth development for no reason as they wont get a chance, to a large extent I agree with you. However its very easy for people to interpret the posts as coming in here stiring things, n you can see how people are reacting. These arguments are really ruining this thread at times for me and no doubt loads of other people who dont want to read through all this back and forth.

LanceStorm wrote: »
    flah, im sure your a sound lad who just enjoys a good debate, ive read some of your posts and your back up what your saying, I completely understand your point about us putting all this money into youth development for no reason as they wont get a chance, to a large extent I agree with you. However its very easy for people to interpret the posts as coming in here stiring things, n you can see how people are reacting. These arguments are really ruining this thread at times for me and no doubt loads of other people who dont want to read through all this back and forth.

If as you say I back up what I'm saying and you (and others) have posted recently saying they actually agree with what I'm saying, then I don't think I'm the problem. If people take every contradictory argument thats put to them as trolling or ****-stirring and derial the thread by moaning about it, then surely they're the problem. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this isn't a Chelsea forum where tiresome circle jerks are the order of the day, people are free to post where ever they like and put forward arguments that people won't necessarily agree with.

I also have no bother with anyone reporting my posts if they think I'm on a wind-up. Thats what mods are for.

Lads, can we all calm the jets a bit. This whole affair is getting too much all all that jazz. I don't think Flah is a troll by any means lads, diff opinion offered and such.
    Tis Sunday and a bank holiday, owww!

In other news, torres scored for spain yesterday :eek::eek:and:eek:

And here it is - great through ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hNRJ7WSi-o&feature=player_embedded

If we can sort this for next season - happy days!

Here's his recent interview

‘I am sure next season will be a lot different’ - Chelsea’s Fernando Torres vows to come back stronger after summer rest

The 27-year-old striker is happy to be regaining fitness following a difficult year and expects his form to improve after he finally gets to take a break

By Alex Labidou

5 Jun 2011 08:03:00

21 Share

129694_news.jpgPhoto Gallery
    Zoom

EPL : John Obi Mikel - Fernando Torres, Chelsea v West Ham United
    Related Links

Teams
    Players
    Find the best odds and bet on the Premier League.

Chelsea's Spanish international striker Fernando Torres admits he is looking forward to his first real rest in five years to recharge his batteries and get fully fit for next season after enduring a troubled period in his career.

Torres was pleased with his contribution and his continued recovery from injury after coming off the bench to score for his country against the United States on Saturday, and feels Chelsea fans will see a better player next season, once he has had a proper break.

"I felt very comfortable from the beginning. I felt good and I was really committed. It has been a tough year for me," he told TVE after the game in New England, which Spain won 4-0.

"I have only played twice for the national team in recent times. The injuries I have had prevented me from being in good shape. I am happy that the team won and that everything was perfect."

Torres then explained to Goal.com: “It has been a really difficult season for me.

"A lot of things happened over the past 12 months but I am looking forward to the last game of season [against Venezuela] over the next three days.”

Although Torres won the World Cup with Spain and became the most expensive player in Premier League history when he moved from Liverpool to Chelsea in January for £50 million, he has suffered a prolonged dip in form that left many questioning whether or not he would ever be able to regain the edge that had seen him hailed as the best striker in the world in his Anfield pomp.

He limped through Spain’s triumph in South Africa last summer and only scored once. However, in his appearance as a substitute against the United States he showed glimpses that he might be returning to form.

The athletic ability that Torres was renowned for during his early days at Liverpool was on display and he scored a powerful goal after receiving a pass from Borja Valero and charging past Steve Cherundolo.

Torres admitted that he is excited by the prospect of finally having a break after five consecutive full seasons with no holidays, and said Chelsea fans should see a different player from the one who has struggled with injuries over the past few seasons.

“I finally get to go on a break,” he said. “It’s been five summers with no holidays and we have a chance to enjoy with family and rest and I am sure next season will be a lot different from the last one."

Next season will also see a new manager at the helm at Stamford Bridge, and while Torres does not yet know who that will be, he is in touch with the club awaiting news.

“No, I am in contact with them but no new news yet,” he said.

• Advertisement

I'm definitely not for a circle jerk and would certainly prefer an open discussion rather people being infracted for not agreeing with the general consensus. Pretty much the whole reason I don't post in other teams threads anymore, because if you don't lick arse in your post then it'll just be systematically destroyed by the other set of fans thanks whoring each other. But it's most of what you've posted today you've posted only a few pages back. Familiarity breeds contempt etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Lads, stop the childish bickering, if you think a post is breaching the forum's rules then you can report it. Otherwise stop aggravating silly debates with backseat modding and troll accusations. You have been warned, from now on infractions will be handed out

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Negotiations ongoing with the Turkish Fa, although it is still unclear what role Hiddink will play. Dan Levene believes it will be as dof.

Negotiations ongoing with the Turkish Fa, although it is still unclear what role Hiddink will play. Dan Levene believes it will be as dof.

Said it a few days ago and I'll say it again...wish ta foook he would either say yay or nay.
    That said, I'm sure they internationals are playing a role in their own right so come next week hopefully its all sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

If Guus is going to be director of football it needs to be signed, sealed, delivered with clearly defined role before the coach/manager is hired. So whoever they may be, will know exactly what the score is, cant see how DOF ever works any other way.

If Guus is DOF then who will be the manager? Roman wants the champs league but can you really see van basten/hughes/redknapp out smarting fergie, pep or mourinhno tactically. NO, not a chance. Guus has to be the manager surely even for 1 year, there is no other candidate that makes any sense.

Please let guus be manager or I will be seriously worried about next season.

Sounds like guus wants the managers job alright, phew:D

Hopefully its all sorted out soon as the club is in limbo at the moment and we need to get busy sorting out this squad for next season.

fack gents, I won't lie I'm fairly goosed twisted.
    How ye all getting on bucks!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13665584.stm

The Turkish Football Federation has accepted that Guus Hiddink is likely to leave his job as national team boss and return to Chelsea.
    According to a senior source at the TFF, the Dutchman "can't say no to Chelsea, we believe he wants to leave".
    Hiddink, 64, led Chelsea to an FA Cup victory as caretaker manager in 2009.
    Despite an indifferent qualifying campaign, Turkey remain in contention for a Euro 2012 play-off place after a 1-1 draw against Belgium on Saturday.
    But Hiddink is unhappy that the man who brought him to Istanbul, Federation chief Mahmut Ozgener, is likely to be replaced as a result of the Presidential elections on 28 June.
    "If Ozgener was staying, Guus would probably stay too," said the source.
    "Ozgener has gone on holiday and hasn't decided if he will stand for re-election, but even if does he's likely to lose.
    "Hiddink says he has a contract but these promises don't have value.

"Chelsea is too good an offer to turn down and the Federation understands this.
    "Hiddink feels he still has a job to do there, he wants to work every day, and win Championships and maybe the Champions League.
    "We will understand that he has coached his last Turkey game as long as Chelsea pay the compensation."
    The TFF are yet to receive a formal approach from Chelsea asking for permission to talk to Hiddink, but are expecting one this week.
    With just over a year left on a 3.7m euro contract that runs until the end of the 2012 Euros, releasing Hiddink could cost Chelsea around 4m euros and talks are now set to begin.
    Assuming those negotiations are concluded succesfully, Hiddink would return to Stamford Bridge, where he won the FA Cup with the Blues during a three-month stint in 2009.
    Hiddink enjoys a close relationship with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, who bankrolled his spell as Russia manager and has used him as a footballing consultant.
    Turkey's next Group A match is against Kazakhstan on 2 September although Hiddink refused to confirm he would still be in charge for the game when asked after the draw in Belgium.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry i just don't buy that.

If Roman wants Guus he'll pay 4mill.
    Very small change to him.

Daily Mail hardly the most reliable source either.
    They make alot of stuff up IMO

garbosj Ian McGarry

Terms have been agreed with the Turkey Football Federation for Guus Hiddink to leave and join

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

amiable wrote: »
    garbosj Ian McGarry

The same man tweets that it's not certain yet if that's as manager or DOF though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

DOF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

abelard wrote: »
    The same man tweets that it's not certain yet if that's as manager or DOF though.
    And your point is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

eZe^ wrote: »
    Lads, stop the childish bickering, if you think a post is breaching the forum's rules then you can report it. Otherwise stop aggravating silly debates with backseat modding and troll accusations. You have been warned, from now on infractions will be handed out

disgusting sig.....

• Advertisement

Veles wrote: »
    Seems even more revelations about a certain player involving an affair with his brothers wife
    With Chelsea?

Nah Utd
    So why talk about it in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

So why talk about it in here?

Terry's extra activities were never discussed in the utd thread?

IMO Giggs is getting off fairly handy & lucky the summer is coming up. The same people who slated Terry are fairly quiet about this. IMO the more affairs & stories that come out about these premiership players..the less people care.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/back-page/giggs-brother-dumps-wife-over-affair-1.1079249?showComments=true

superfrank wrote: »
    Terry's extra activities were never discussed in the utd thread?
    You tell me Superfrank

But they weren't by me.

Nor should they have been.

• Advertisement

Amazing isnt it.certain fans of certain clubs will pontificate and give a hollier than thou attitude about players of other clubs activities..yet when the shoe is on the other foot no one must speak about it.
    LOL
    Care to elaborate? Or do you like being vague?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

And your point is?

Oh, there wasn't really supposed to be a "point". Sorry if it came across antagonistic. It was a follow up tweet by the same guy, so just wanted to update on the tweet you had posted.

abelard wrote: »
    Oh, there wasn't really supposed to be a "point". Sorry if it came across antagonistic. It was a follow up tweet by the same guy, so just wanted to update on the tweet you had posted.
    Fair enough.
    IMO he gets a fair bit right with Chelsea.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Youth team pre season fixtures

Chelsea Under 18s pre-season matches
    Saturday 16 July Colchester United
    Tuesday 2 August Nottingham Forest
    Saturday 6 August Derby County
    Wednesday 10 August Arsenal *
    Thursday 11 August Tottenham Hotspur*
    Thursday 11 August Aston Villa *
    Friday 12 August Manchester United *

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.