Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Naughty boy Ryan:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Makes Terry look like a saint. :pac:

Anyway the new musuem has opened today, should be worth a look next time I'm over.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2371399,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Not gonna bother stir shít in the United thread, no matter how tempting :pac:

But I do find it amusing how many of the "Terry-is-the-antichrist" crew suddenly don't care what players do with their personal lives.

Yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

amiable wrote: »
    Fair enough.
    IMO he gets a fair bit right with Chelsea.

oh aye, I certainly wasn't trying to call his or your reliability into question.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well its shaping up well for next season already .

I have to agree with Flah a little , unfortunately we are not in the same postion with a stable manger with 15 plus years under his belt at the club, this in turn is somewhat the price of our success that mangers cant afford to gamble with youngsters.

Although I think we have a great youth academy , one of the best in the country I would even go as far to say and it says a lot that most of our good youths are wanted by clubs everywhere,

Two players I think will really make the step up this season are :

Danny S, and Josh, although Josh could benefit a lot from a season on loan in the EPL or championship to help him bulk up and really get in on the first team action, I would guess he would demand a starting place in any of the bottom 12 teams in the EPL and most of the championship.

I would love to see him go to Bolton , have a lot of time for Coyle and how he works with players.

Kakuta is a player I had extremely high hopes for and still do, but I think he is maybe another season away from the first team.

Clifford would not be too far behind that either.

Hopefully Guss or someone will be in charge soon , I think the asian tour is not too far away and it would be great to have our new manger in place by then.

Also a good 5 or 6 year contract would do wonders for a bit of stability going forward !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Lukker- wrote: »

But I do find it amusing how many of the "Terry-is-the-antichrist" crew suddenly don't care what players do with their personal lives.

Yeah.

What Giggs is alleged to have done is totally unacceptable for his family but what Terry did also effected the club. That is the difference. However I totally agree that the double standards are cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Yeah.
    I think there will be plenty of people willing to discuss it in the Man United thread

Veles wrote: »
    Amazing isnt it.certain fans of certain clubs will pontificate and give a hollier than thou attitude about players of other clubs activities..yet when the shoe is on the other foot no one must speak about it.
    LOL
    Why am i quoted in your post?

As i am quoted its aimed at me?

Pontificate? How ironic. What are you doing in your post?

I'd be very happy to discuss Ryan Giggs with you in PM or the relevant thread if you so wish.

As a mod of a different category i'm sure you know to follow the charter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Amazing isnt it.certain fans of certain clubs will pontificate and give a hollier than thou attitude about players of other clubs activities..yet when the shoe is on the other foot no one must speak about it.
    LOL

You're welcome anytime on the United to discuss Ryan Giggs and where he puts his willy. Better that than the sly little digs you're throwing around the Chelsea thread anyway.

Hell we can discuss it here if you like, though people don't seem to like me talking about Chelsea in here, nevermind discussing the Champions and one of their all-time greats.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

im not one for trolling.

Just talking sh*t about other teams' supporters in the wrong thread then eh?;)

Is not aimed at you,stop being paranoid.
    I'm not pontificating merely stating the double standards that exist with certain fans of a certain club.
    So why quote me?

Too easy to accuse me of being paranoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

superfrank wrote: »
    Terry's extra activities were never discussed in the utd thread?

IMO Giggs is getting off fairly handy & lucky the summer is coming up. The same people who slated Terry are fairly quiet about this. IMO the more affairs & stories that come out about these premiership players..the less people care.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/back-page/giggs-brother-dumps-wife-over-affair-1.1079249?showComments=true

See the John Terry one towards the bottom of the linked Twitter page, if the super-injunction goes the same way as Giggs' then Terry might be in for more stick!

http://twitter.com/#!/Legal_AIDS

They look to be true as the Pauline McGlynn one was on the front page of the rags yesterday.

Back on topic again maybe.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6968496,00.html

Turkish FA say no deal has been reached for him to leave his post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

David Luiz sporting a Jedward style!:link

How am i talking ****?

Your previosu posts show you having a dig at United fans for so-called double standards regarding giggs/Terry. When challenged to take it to the United thread and back it up you back down.

Talking sh*t is what I'd call it. Hell, you even call it trolling yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

pipe down lads

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1394853/Romelu-Lukaku-reveals-Chelsea-dream--EXCLUSIVE.html?ITO=1490

Lukaku was asked by a fan what is your dream to which he responded "To be a Chelsea player"

papagormo wrote: »
    pipe down lads
    Well i know that's not aimed at me:D

Point out where i said i was trolling?also re-read what i wrote regards going to the utd thread.
    no interest mate.

You said that goimg into the Utd thread to discuss it would be trolling, didn't you?

If you have no interest then why bring it up, in the wrong thread no less? Full of sh*t, thats why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1394853/Romelu-Lukaku-reveals-Chelsea-dream--EXCLUSIVE.html?ITO=1490

Lukaku was asked by a fan what is your dream to which he responded "To be a Chelsea player"

20 million plus add-ons, I know bugger all about the guy but its alot of money for someone playing Belgian football!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlXMxtMiqIM

I know a youtube video dosent make a great footballer, but at least it shows me some of his abilities, he is very strong for a 17 year old, he seems to have some great pace and can finish a chance pretty well too!!

Hope Hiddink and Lukakus signings both happen before the end of the week and we can start getting organised for next year!!

anyway any more news on the Neymar link?

His agent was recently quoted saying that he didn't want to play in the PL.

No players will be signed until Hiddink is manager, but tbh, I'm not sure if I want Neymar yet, he comes of as a bit of twat. I don't want another Robinho. (Thanks City)

anyway any more news on the Neymar link?

honestly cant see it happening, any of the journos I follow on twitter are all of the opinion that it wont happen until next season, in fairness we'll have more than likely said good-bye to Drogs/Anelka/Kalou by then so we'll have the room, whereas right now I dont know where you would fit him in?!

even with lukaku possibly joining where does that leave Sturridge...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

wow, some amount of sh!t going on in here and its pretty obvious who is responsible for that.

Anyway...
    Great to hear that its lukakus dream to play for chelsea, hopefully he signs:)

This managerial thing is getting annoying, hope its sorted out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

MUSEIST wrote: »
    wow, some amount of sh!t going on in here and its pretty obvious who is responsible for that.

Anyway...
    Great to hear that its lukakus dream to play for chelsea, hopefully he signs:)

This managerial thing is getting annoying, hope its sorted out soon.

Yep, I would prefer Lukaku over Neymar anyday.
    Anyway, with the right manager, I can see us romping away with it next season and thats with the current squad. Luiz and Torres will have settled in nicely, add in Danny and Josh and thats a pretty good squad.
    Of course, we will probably add a right back, midfielder and forward
    Cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Tore has signed a 3 year deal wih HSV

Anyway, with the right manager, I can see us romping away with it next season and thats with the current squad.

I really believed that last season, thought we would walk it by miles, still did after the first few games when we thumped teams, but this year i'll take a much more reserved view, new manager coming in, new players still settling, re-building year for me, with a side of maybe we'll win something!!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    I really believed that last season, thought we would walk it by miles, still did after the first few games when we thumped teams, but this year i'll take a much more reserved view, new manager coming in, new players still settling, re-building year for me, with a side of maybe we'll win something!!

I reckon that Guus will come in as manager and then probably move upstairs if he fails to win a trophy.
    He's too clever and not afraid of Roman to be treated like Carlo etc.
    So hopefully the pressure will be off.
    He certainly wont take any **** from Terry etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Tore has signed a 3 year deal wih HSV

Disappointed with this one, would have liked him to stay another year at least as he is only 19 and go out on loan but he obviously didn't want to wait around which is fair enough. I think he will be a very good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Chelsea are suing Juventus and Livorno over the Mutu signing.

Juventus Football Club S.p.A. hereby give notice that the notification procedure for their own defence in connection with the compensation for damages forwarded last week by Chelsea FC and related to Adrian Mutu’s contract has been activated with the competent sporting justice bodies.

http://www.juventus.com/wps/portal/en/news/6giugno2011_NotaSocieta/!ut/p/b1/tY_dToNAFISfpS_AOfvjApesbilt3SIstOwNAWsNVYqxaitPX9R4yZ3OSSaZZJLvDFgoCOe-cD3OYQP2UH00j9Vb0x2q569sRUlF4CeLkCDG-RSj2zgKjTQ5iSmsobgZzH73cEQBQjEU3JIihr4kAYZsKTHKFtPZUrpklVIwsEFepvvPl6h_6pO9e3cyqjunpqAkI3Nt6lTXCo_6mhj1TlEhNX12NsZqo65WeruLt3mSyUC6x6rufoEjnyfsv4BjC8mfA-dgm7p1Tvetgw7zmKCMCEYH556AtQI969oHaO2r2Omf48FkcgG_OGDf/dl4/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

well jaysus lads, go away for one bank holiday weekend and come back to people geting infractions and mod notes on thread. :eek:

Weell anyway, can't we all get along?? Everyone has their opinion, we, as Chelsea fans may not see eye to eye on points with other posters but thats what makes the SF, all the otehr fans and their contributions.

Anyway, back on topic, theres some suggestion that we're been linked with Sneijder, great signing if true.

gavredking wrote: »
    Anyway, back on topic, theres some suggestion that we're been linked with Sneijder, great signing if true.

thats the buzz for today alright, hoping its not just made up nonsense, he could seriously change our team completely!!

we'll hopefully have the dutch link with Hiddink aswell!!

thats the buzz for today alright, hoping its not just made up nonsense, he could seriously change our team completely!!

we'll hopefully have the dutch link with Hiddink aswell!!

I'd love Sneijder. In fact, I think he would be perfect. Players of his calibre are few and far between, only problem would be I'd imagine it would take a hefty 25Million + to tempt Inter to sell argubably their star asset.

I'd love Sneijder. In fact, I think he would be perfect. Players of his calibre are few and far between, only problem would be I'd imagine it would take a hefty 25Million + to tempt Inter to sell argubably their star asset.
    25/30 mill plus rumours he wants 170k per week.

Still he'd be a great long term replacement for Lampard IMO

25/30 mill plus rumours he wants 170k per week.

Still he'd be a great long term replacement for Lampard IMO

Think the wages would be no problem at the moment anyway, it all depends on Inter wanting to sell and how much they want.

I think he offers something different to Lamps anyway, hes more of an attacking midfielder that creates more chances. Their is no doubt hes mroe techincally gifted then Frank and hes better on the ball but he wouldnt replace Franks 15-20 goals but he would easily set up 10-15 goals a year and nearly everything would go through Sneijder, so what we lose in goals, we'd gain in assists and creativity.

• Advertisement

Think the wages would be no problem at the moment anyway, it all depends on Inter wanting to sell and how much they want.

I think he offers something different to Lamps anyway, hes more of an attacking midfielder that creates more chances. Their is no doubt hes mroe techincally gifted then Frank and hes better on the ball but he wouldnt replace Franks 15-20 goals but he would easily set up 10-15 goals a year and nearly everything would go through Sneijder, so what we lose in goals, we'd gain in assists and creativity.
    He takes set pieces too like Lampard and possibly penalties so i could see him getting 15 goals a season too

He takes set pieces too like Lampard and possibly penalties so i could see him getting 15 goals a season too

Possibily, I always thought he was a better player then Van Der Vaart so if he could be bought and fitted into the right system he could shine easily and eclipse what VDV achieved in his first season.

Im more impatience about the manager though then any potential players, yes its nearly set in stone that Hiddink will come back but until he does I wont be celebrating.

well reports are saying we're spending 20 odd million on Lukaku, an unproven young talent, why not throw in another 5-10million and take Sneijder instead, still got plenty of years left in him and a proven winner!

well reports are saying we're spending 20 odd million on Lukaku, an unproven young talent, why not throw in another 5-10million and take Sneijder instead, still got plenty of years left in him and a proven winner!
    TBH i think Chelsea will try and sign both or Modric instead of Sneijder

And the rest!
    A number of rags are running this list!
    Its driving them crazy not knowing whats going on (as well as us!)

Modric
    Neymar
    Sanchez
    Sneijder

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/90m-abramovich-planning-summer-spending-spree-to-land-modric-neymar-and-sanchez-2667495.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8560049/Chelsea-show-their-intent-with-90-million-shopping-list.html

http://www.101greatgoals.com/new-chelsea-boss-hiddink-will-swoop-for-sneijder-modric-neymar-sanchez/95619/

Basically they are all copying one another

This is the funnniest one.
    Guus for the short term and then moved upstairs for .....
    The Special one to come back!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8560631/Chelsea-may-offer-Guus-Hiddink-short-term-deal-before-moving-for-Jose-Mourinho-next-summer.html

I'd like to see how Lukaku could do though, hes got a decent record at international level with Belgium also so the step up wouldnt be that hardfor him too make I could imagine.

I'd rather Sneijder then Modric, and I cant see spurs selling to us reagrdless, but ya neevr quite know.
    And the rest!
    A number of rags are running this list!
    Its driving them crazy not knowing whats going on (as well as us!)

Modric
    Neymar
    Sanchez
    Sneijder

Basically they are all copying one another

ah all them rags run stories with little to no truth but every now and again they are right as they generally stab in the dark.

** NEWS HEADLINE ** Chelsea to sign someone. :pac:

Its about as general as some of the articles suggest, patience is the key with the new signings and manager, I'd rather take our tiem and get the rigth players and staff then make a balls of it.

Modric
    Neymar
    Sanchez
    Sneijder

Modric - Could be likely, wouldnt be my personal first choice for lamps replacement.
    Neymar - Cant see it happening this year, will be another summer of links but no actual transfer.
    Sanchez - looks 100% Barca bound at this stage.
    Sneijder - Still not 100% convinced why he would want to leave Inter exactly?

And dont be ruling out the dream return of Jose at some stage!!
    Always believe!!

Modric - Could be likely, wouldnt be my personal first choice for lamps replacement.
    Neymar - Cant see it happening this year, will be another summer of links but no actual transfer.
    Sanchez - looks 100% Barca bound at this stage.
    Sneijder - Still not 100% convinced why he would want to leave Inter exactly?

And dont be ruling out the dream return of Jose at some stage!!
    Always believe!!

Only thing is, at Real Madrid, Jose has the best squad in Europe IMO. He has had his one year and did ok, one cup and gave barca a run for their money. I can se him staying until he wins the La Liga and or CL or failing that gets fired, but I cant see him uping sticks and leaving.

but i'd love a return of the Special One.

yes, lets start first with a Manager!

• Advertisement

yes, lets start first with a Manager!

Horse before the cart and all that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement