Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

gavredking wrote: »
    Only thing is, at Real Madrid, Jose has the best squad in Europe IMO. He has had his one year and did ok, one cup and gave barca a run for their money. I can se him staying until he wins the La Liga and or CL or failing that gets fired, but I cant see him uping sticks and leaving.

but i'd love a return of the Special One.

well they gave him a real vote of confidence by firing that fella recently, I do worry that he is too volatile for a massive club like that and the Madrid hierarchy wont want to be the most hated club in europe, but I would honestly love to see him beat Barca to the league and champions league before he gets fired!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

LanceStorm wrote: »
    well they gave him a real vote of confidence by firing that fella recently, I do worry that he is too volatile for a massive club like that and the Madrid hierarchy wont want to be the most hated club in europe, but I would honestly love to see him beat Barca to the league and champions league before he gets fired!!

Ya, I think Real know that they need a bit of stability and to leave him get on with his job for another year.

If he wrestles Barca dominance of the La Liga away from them and manages to win the CL aswell he wont be fired, he could walk but he wouldnt be fired, he might get a statue outside the Bernabeu. :pac:

just looking at the england U21 squad announced, good current/past chelsea presence:

Mancienne
    Bertrand
    Cork
    Sinclair
    Sturridge

Not bringing up the debate about them getting chances at the club, they dont, argument over, but its good to see our Academy is producing top talent these days and they can at least go on to have top flight careers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Watched the spain match to see what Torres was like....Have to say he was awful...missed 2 or 3 chances he should be putting away. Looked clumsy on the ball & little pace at all.

He needs to cop on & up his game, no excuses about midfield etc. Hopefully a good summer break will make a difference but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

superfrank wrote: »
    Watched the spain match to see what Torres was like....Have to say he was awful...missed 2 or 3 chances he should be putting away. Looked clumsy on the ball & little pace at all.

He needs to cop on & up his game, no excuses about midfield etc. Hopefully a good summer break will make a difference but who knows.
    To be fair to Torres its been well known his first touch can be a bit bad at times.

In fact when he first started training with Liverpool his new team mates were said to be shocked at him and the money paid.

I for one will be amazed if Torres doesn't do the business for Chelsea next season.
    He's too good a player not to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hopefully Hiddink can be confirmed before the start of next week and we can start moving in on some of our transfer targets.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Hopefully Hiddink can be confirmed before the start of next week and we can start moving in on some of our transfer targets.
    End of June apparently

amiable wrote: »
    To be fair to Torres its been well known his first touch can be a bit bad at times.

In fact when he first started training with Liverpool his new team mates were said to be shocked at him and the money paid.

I for one will be amazed if Torres doesn't do the business for Chelsea next season.
    He's too good a player not to

He's too good not to do the business, a rest after last season will do him good, he'll be our main man next year and the pressure will be on but he'll do it.
    Lukker- wrote: »

There will be no transfers before Hiddink signs but if hes been an " adviser " for the club for a while now then any players he will have looked at or been interested in will have been noted by Roman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

He's too good not to do the business, a rest after last season will do him good, he'll be our main man next year and the pressure will be on but he'll do it.

There will be no transfers before Hiddink signs but if hes been an " adviser " for the club for a while now then any players he will have looked at or been interested in will have been noted by Roman.

End of fecking June! FFS! I just a want a manager appointed asap - starting to look silly at this stage. Our first friendly is 7th July, surely we will need a new manager and 1 or 2 signings in well before then? When do the players return from holiday? If we dont get our finger out, its not going to be the best of prepartions... so so frustrating!!!!:eek:

End of fecking June! FFS! I just a want a manager appointed asap - starting to look silly at this stage. Our first friendly is 7th July, surely we will need a new manager and 1 or 2 signings in well before then? When do the players return from holiday? If we dont get our finger out, its not going to be the best of prepartions... so so frustrating!!!!:eek:

we had a horrid pre-season last year and started like a house on fire, the year before that we had a poor pre-season and we won the double, pre-season is something just to get players back up to speed, any professional athlete would not go ff the boil over a 5/6 week break.

I'd expect the players to come back for the 3rd/4th week of June for a week in Cobham before the pre-season jets off.

So I'd hope for Hiddink to join by or before the 17th June. All international games are done until September so hes technically free if he decides he wants to leave.

• Advertisement

I promised myself I wouldnt keep posting the rags rubbish, but this caught my eye!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-move-trump-man-utd-inter-star-sneijder-offering-essien-malouda-1682171

I promised myself I wouldnt keep posting the rags rubbish, but this caught my eye!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-move-trump-man-utd-inter-star-sneijder-offering-essien-malouda-1682171

wow... thats actually worse than an article the other day saying Madrid were offering Higuian and Benzema for Hernandez!! where do they get this ****e from!

Hhhhmmmmm. I'd be tempted to part with Malouda and about £10-15Million but not sure about potentially losing Essien. dontt hink his all action game would suit Italy.

If Essien was to go we could slot Mikel straight into DM or even put Luiz in there. actually, Luiz for Dm would be brillant to watch. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

:eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Well Essien definitely won't be leaving I don't think. Might it be possible to ship out a player in part exchange, and If so, ideally who is the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Jesus, every site trying to outdo one another with bull****.

Hhhhmmmmm. I'd be tempted to part with Malouda and about £10-15Million but not sure about potentially losing Essien. dontt hink his all action game would suit Italy.

If Essien was to go we could slot Mikel straight into DM or even put Luiz in there. actually, Luiz for Dm would be brillant to watch. :pac:

Is Mikel really the quality we need?

papagormo wrote: »
    Well Essien definitely won't be leaving I don't think. Might it be possible to ship out a player in part exchange, and If so, ideally who is the question.

I'd swap Malouda or Zhirkov for Sneijder if Inter were willing to do the deal.
    Johner wrote: »
    Jesus, every site trying to outdo one another with bull****.

Thats why I love the summer transfer window, websites and rags have months of " exclusive " deals they try and report and 9 times out of 10 they're just bull.

I think he is, hes more of a DM then Essien but his slowing down ofplay is chronic at times, if he picked up the ball, turned and played it off his job woudl be done but he usually takes the extra few touches that kill a move.

Under Hiddink he would improve, hes still only 24 iirc.

to save face over giving Utd 10million for a player that never even trained, never mind played for them?? i'll say till my death bed he's the greatest player that ever lived!! or at least that lived in the DM spot since Makelele left!!

to save face over giving Utd 10million for a player that never even trained, never mind played for them?? i'll say till my death bed he's the greatest player that ever lived!! or at least that lived in the DM spot since Makelele left!!

Couple that to the fact he didnt want to actually join them. :pac:

BEST PLAYER EVER!!!!!!!!
    :P

• Advertisement

Its not often that there is a pro Roman article...Heres an interview with Desailly
    Somewhere on the road that has led Chelsea to search for their seventh manager in eight seasons, scepticism has emerged over the influence of Russian owner Roman Abramovich at Stamford Bridge.

Any individual who bankrolls a team for nigh on £1billion could never be described as having a negative impact but there is a growing sense that the Russian's heavy involvement in team affairs is not always healthy.

Because Abramovich shies away from publicity, there is always speculation, the consensus of which declares that the seemingly abrupt decisions made at Stamford Bridge in the last few months have had impatience at their core.

Rumours persist about Abramovich's desperation to win the Champions League that conjure images of a man used to getting everything stomping petulantly around the boardroom sacking his underlings through frustration.

Marcel Desailly insists such a depiction is inaccurate. The 42-year-old former France international spent six years at Chelsea, the last of which was the first in the Abramovich era.

As captain of the club and an icon of the game following Champions League success with Marseille and AC Milan, which preceded World Cup and European Championship glory at international level, Desailly regularly held counsel with Abramovich as he settled in west London.

Desailly left the club in 2004 but remains in touch and insists that the notion Abramovich would ever do anything detrimental to the club's long-term interests is unfounded.

"People should stop saying Abramovich just splashes the money," Desailly told Standard Sport. "He loves football. I was captain when he was there and I would discuss football with him. He would tell me football is the reason of life.

"There is no business contract that can give him the feeling of being in the semi-final of the Champions League or when one of his players scores in the last minute to make him win the game.

"The feeling he has the day afterwards, money cannot give him that. We would not discuss culture or politics but his English was not very good back then. A translator would be in the room but he was a normal guy. For us, we were amazed to see how straight forward he was.

"He is a supporter and that is why I respect the guy. He has the passion and loves the team. The club is like a wine cellar where he moves the bottles because he has the money. He takes a player like Fernando Torres and he is like a very nice wine. He hopes when he is going to open it, it is going to be very good.

"I was surprised Carlo Ancelotti was sacked but you don't know what is going on. He was having conversations with people at the club and giving too many excuses for what happened last season for a club that really want to win with a very passionate chairman.

"He is not obsessed with the Champions League. He is calm. The people around him are nervous - the marketing side of the club is not as big as it should be for a club like Chelsea. But Roman is cool. He is happy to make decisions and take gambles. There was life after Jose Mourinho, there will be life after Ancelotti."

Dutchman Guus Hiddink is expected to be appointed as manager next week with the task of quenching Abramovich's thirst for success. The portents are promising, given the healthy relationship that exists with both owner and players after a successful three-month spell in which he delivered the FA Cup.

Desailly himself revealed he is taking his coaching badges and would consider a return to Chelsea as coach - but only at youth level.
    "I am doing my badges because I feel there is a real potential for me to get a job," he said. "I almost got the Ghana job but there was a delay, some complications.

"But I don't feel I would get the return if I was a coach in the Premier League, I don't feel I would be transmitting anything to the guys - I would rather train kids."

Marcel Desailly has been a brand ambassador for online gaming company BetClic.com for four years

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23957913-desailly-only-crazy-thing-about-roman-is-his-passion-for-chelsea.do?

Roman gets a fair lash of abuse from Chelsea and opposition fans but his investment into the cluba s a whole is spectacular.

Look at some of the Foreign investors into EPL clubs, at Man Utd the Glazers are hated, Liverpool only got rid of Gilliett and Hicks recently another few that we're hated, the Thai fella that ran Man City ( cant think of his name ) all things considered we have had a relatively good owner who hasnt lost the fans. Roman loves the club, its more then a play thing for him and it shows with our signings and developments.

Long live the Roman Revoultion. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/865690-chelsea-scheduled-to-discuss-wesley-sneijder-transfer-with-inter-milan

A lot of momentum in this transfer I think. Also, looks like lukaku is also done, thats the CF position covered for the next 10 years then.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/865690-chelsea-scheduled-to-discuss-wesley-sneijder-transfer-with-inter-milan

A lot of momentum in this transfer I think. Also, looks like lukaku is also done, thats the CF position covered for the next 10 years then.

God bless the wives - Manchester is soooooooo boring!
    (I'll believe when I see it)

Other nonsense includes....

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-chelsea-fc/2011/06/08/could-tweets-reveal-a-hiddink-hughes-dream-team-for-chelsea-82029-28843710/

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/06/08/didier-drogba-hands-in-transfer-request-to-chelsea-and-wants-to-go-to-tottenham/

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-urged-lock-deal-genk-star-de-bruyne-1682951

What I really love about silly season is the different rags who print the stuff

The Loughborough echo anyone??!!

http://blogs.loughboroughecho.net/goaltastic/2011/06/italians-claim-sneijder-bid-by.html

What next..
    Messi to sign within the week by the Navan Pigbreeders Gazette??!! :eek:

Finally Super Frank is taking all the talk about losing his England place really badly

http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/865663-frank-lampard-and-christine-bleakley-get-naughty-by-the-poolside-on-holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I know there is always lots of BS but some rumours are fairly consistant.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I know there is always lots of BS but some rumours are fairly consistant.

Defo, but some come under "throw enough mud and it will stick" or something like that!

garbosj Ian McGarry
    There is absolutely no truth in reports that Didier Drogba has handed in a transfer request to #CFC. Drogba has just confirmed that.

Johner wrote: »
    garbosj Ian McGarry
    There is absolutely no truth in reports that Didier Drogba has handed in a transfer request to #CFC. Drogba has just confirmed that.

Hes one of the few people I actually look out for on Twitter.

Hes usually spot on with his tweets and has good contacts so I'd believe it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Darren Lewis
    Chelsea in advanced negotiations to sign Lukaku from Anderlecht and Kevin De Bruyne from Genk

• Advertisement

Wonder is the likes of Kalou, Anelka and to now possibly Malouda thinking "My game time is looking less and less as these probable signings move ever closer!"..
    Hope to jaysus we don't lose Sturridge with any of them. I think hes a pretty bright shining star.

Side note...fackin yeahhhh!!..hot bird moved into the house next door for a few days, smash it!:D

Did we miss a trick missing out on Jones?
    Heavily linked with us before getting injured. I know we have Luiz and other areas need strengthing more, but... did we? Seems like a chip off the old Terry.

Heavily linked with us before getting injured. I know we have Luiz and other areas need strengthing more, but... did we? Seems like a chip off the old Terry.

Richard__Buxton Richard Buxton

BBC Radio Lancashire claim that #Rovers defender Phil Jones has failed #MUFC medical

Ahh, Luiz and Bruma (provided Hamburg don't start bidding in 2years!) will be sound. We will have Van Annholt and we can clock Paulo back 10 years or so and boom, happy days.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Drogba or Anelka (or both) heading off if ye get Lukaku lads? If one or both doesn't leave then Sturridge might struggle to get games again, no?

• Advertisement

Id imagine nico is gone...lukaku looks good but it will be will hard to replace drogba..suppose hes only 18..so he can only get better. Hopefully sturridge, lukaka and torres up front next year...think lukaku can play as a winger!

flahavaj wrote: »
    Drogba or Anelka (or both) heading off if ye get Lukaku lads? If one or both doesn't leave then Sturridge might struggle to get games again, no?

Thats a fair assesment. Can see one if not both going, I fancy Anelka and Malouda/Kalou to leave leaving us with Torres, Drogba, Sturridge and hopefully Lukaku.
    Id imagine nico is gone...lukaku looks good but it will be will hard to replace drogba..suppose hes only 18..so he can only get better. Hopefully sturridge, lukaka and torres up front next year...think lukaku can play as a winger!

I think I read somewhere hes palyed anywhere along a front three in Belgium but his main postion would be through the middle.

I thought the Lukaku deal was supposed to be organised by last monday, now its saturday, wish we'd hurry up and get these deals done, I know nothing of de bruyne, but he's also young and has just won the belgian league, so sounds like a great prospect aswell and he's the first winger ive heard us linked with in ages which is good to hear!!

beat ya to sneijder!

http://football-talk.co.uk/26027/reports-man-utd-chelsea-going-all-out-for-sneijder/

I thought the Lukaku deal was supposed to be organised by last monday, now its saturday, wish we'd hurry up and get these deals done, I know nothing of de bruyne, but he's also young and has just won the belgian league, so sounds like a great prospect aswell and he's the first winger ive heard us linked with in ages which is good to hear!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

He's from the Future :pac:

• Advertisement

New away kit for anyone that hasn't seen it.

I think its terrible anyway.

0,,10268~9726607,00.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Hahahahahahah
    Inter Milan have been offered Chelsea pair Florent Malouda and Michael Essien in exchange for Wesley Sneijder

I'd be delighted if you lost those two for Sneijder

0,,10268%7E9726607,00.jpg

Maybe if Kalou wasnt wearing roller skates, he'd score a few more!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

He's from the Future :pac:

ive said too much...
    fridays lotto numbers are ****y-6, twentington and 1....

Terrible definitely, but i'll throw Lukaku on the back and all will be well!!

Maybe if Kalou wasnt wearing roller skates, he'd score a few more!

Its not the boots, its the boy thats in them. :P

Terrible definitely, but i'll throw Lukaku on the back and all will be well!!

I've just got my brand new home jersey complete with torres 9 on it. I bought the long sleeve version, love it, suits the weather. :p
    ive said too much...
    fridays lotto numbers are ****y-6, twentington and 1....

Lotto numbers eh??

YOINK!!!!

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2011/06/zola-remember-that-football-is.html

I fecking miss Zola, what a player.
    Thats what we need, a Zola type player more than anything

I think Anelka will leave but don't expect Drogba to and definitely not if Lukaku comes in. Lukaku learning off Drogba will help him develop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2011/06/zola-remember-that-football-is.html

I fecking miss Zola, what a player.
    Thats what we need, a Zola type player more than anything

A true Chelsea legend.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement