Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

About to apply for a season ticket but my printer is out of ink. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Johner wrote: »
    About to apply for a season ticket but my printer is out of ink. :(

OliverKayTimes Oliver Kay

Chelsea announce "season tickets now on sale to members with 0 loyalty points

amiable wrote: »
    OliverKayTimes Oliver Kay

Chelsea announce "season tickets now on sale to members with 0 loyalty points

Bollox better get an application in quick so, didn't think it would drop to 0 points now loads will be applying.

Bollox better get an application in quick so, didn't think it would drop to 0 points now loads will be applying.
    Just thought i'd give you a heads up.

If i was a Chelsea fan i'd be getting one myself with all the cheap flights into London.

I see Aer Lingus are doing flights where you just pay the taxes to Heathrow.
    Still about 70 euro i'd say but handy tube ride cos you'd be on the right side of London

I think you can get a train to Earls Court from Heathrow

Just thought i'd give you a heads up.

If i was a Chelsea fan i'd be getting one myself with all the cheap flights into London.

I see Aer Lingus are doing flights where you just pay the taxes to Heathrow.
    Still about 70 euro i'd say but handy tube ride cos you'd be on the right side of London

I think you can get a train to Earls Court from Heathrow

£750 for the Shed or Matthew Harding Lower, ah well you only live once. :)

Heathrow without taxes is a great deal because there are usually very high! The tube is a grand not far at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

£750 for the Shed or Matthew Harding Lower, ah well you only live once. :)

Heathrow without taxes is a great deal because there are usually very high! The tube is a grand not far at all.

:eek:

If I only had the cash, got stung with motor bills this month between tax, NCT and insurance renewal its been a tight month.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

gavredking wrote: »

If I only had the cash, got stung with motor bills this month between tax, NCT and insurance renewal its been a tight month.

And that is pretty much the cheapest one unless you are senior/junior citizen, lovely hurling a few years ago, but not while this college melarky is happening..
    One more year of it, just one more year papa..:(

Why don't a couple of yee go in and share a ticket between yee?

I was nearly tempted to chance the juvenile ticket but at 22 sadly I don't think I'd get away with it. :(

• Advertisement

If you can't afford the season ticket, you can buy match tickets from "Viagogo" (sp?) website, its linked to the Official Chelsea FC website. Basically its ticket holders who for whatever reason, aren't attending certain games, and are therefore selling their tickets.
    Downside to that is its very hard to get the "big game" tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Inter apparantally want Ramieres and cash for Sneijder, I'd rather take Modric to be honest if this is the way they are going to play it

I wouldn't be happy letting Ramires go, he was fairly getting into life at the Premiership, especially towards the second half of the season.
    Offload Kalou if needs be (or if Lukaku joins)

No way would I let Ramires go, he's going to be a very big player for us.

Prepare for multi qoute delight lads.
    papagormo wrote: »
    And that is pretty much the cheapest one unless you are senior/junior citizen, lovely hurling a few years ago, but not while this college melarky is happening..
    One more year of it, just one more year papa..:(

I've a full time job and cant go even though I work mon-fri, I should maange my money better :pac:
    Why don't a couple of yee go in and share a ticket between yee?

Good idea, I call the season Ticket every saturday, ye can share it any other dasy no problem. :cool:
    I was nearly tempted to chance the juvenile ticket but at 22 sadly I don't think I'd get away with it. :(

If you ask really nicely you may get away with it, I act like a 4 year old half the time anyway.
    If you can't afford the season ticket, you can buy match tickets from "Viagogo" (sp?) website, its linked to the Official Chelsea FC website. Basically its ticket holders who for whatever reason, aren't attending certain games, and are therefore selling their tickets.
    Downside to that is its very hard to get the "big game" tickets.

Ya its a good website for games and good if your only going go a few times a season as your building no loyality points.
    smuckers wrote: »
    Inter apparantally want Ramieres and cash for Sneijder, I'd rather take Modric to be honest if this is the way they are going to play it

Tell them to F'ck off, Ramires will be a star for us, finally finding his feet and tempo to the game.
    I wouldn't be happy letting Ramires go, he was fairly getting into life at the Premiership, especially towards the second half of last season.
    Offload Kalou if needs be (or if Lukaku joins)

See above answer. I'd get rid of Kalou to anyone, maybe Villa if Young goes.
    No way would I let Ramires go, he's going to be a very big player for us.

Totally agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

feck players - a manager would be nice (Even if he is largely symbolic!)

All quiet on the GUUS front (Apart from being reported by the turkish fa for an illegal approach!)

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-owner-abramovich-may-drop-hiddink-push-hughes-1685171

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Looks like a done deal. Have to say I don't know how it will work next year with all the strikers. I know Lukaku said he is happy to stay on the bench for a while
    "Lukaku will leave Anderlecht"
    Manager Herman Van Holsbeeck admitted Romelu Lukaku will leave Anderlecht. "We are waiting for the money for Lukaku to do our incoming transfers", the manager said. Reading between the lines means the striker will be sold.

English top club Chelsea is in pole position to land the player. The London club is prepared to offer 22 million euro for the Belgian. With this money, Anderlecht would try to land Vela or Mbokani. "Anderlecht will do some fantastic incoming transfers during the summer break", said manager Van Holsbeeck.

Though Chelsea is not the only one. "Many European clubs are interested and we are negotiating with all of them. A deal is not for tomorrow. It could take a while..."

http://www.anderlecht-online.be/article.php?id=13592&lang=eng

superfrank wrote: »
    Looks like a done deal. Have to say I don't know how it will work next year with all the strikers. I know Lukaku said he is happy to stay on the bench for a while

http://www.anderlecht-online.be/article.php?id=13592&lang=eng

Given that the player has (alledgedly) come out in his love for Chelsea time and time again, I would have thought that as long as we match the price, he will come to us.
    But (playing Monkey for now) Its a lot of money for an unknown.
    Will he link up with Torres? Will he affect Danny's chances of playing?.
    Carlo really missed a trick and should have started Danny in 3 or 4 games when we didnt have Torres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I am glad we are signing him now and not in a few years. Knowing the way chelsea normally do business we would have signed someone more experienced and end up paying 40 million for lukaku in 3 years time. The lad is class but not proven at this level yet so its a bit risky.

At the moment we have torres, lukaku (almost) and drogba who play that central role ( I hate to say it but I can see us selling drogba with lukaku coming off the bench regularly to replace torres).
    I can see danny playing on the right and cutting inside and battling with kalou for that position.
    Anelka will be sold and we could do with another player to play on the left as an alternative to malouda (neymar or mata or someone?????)

We need 2 quality players for each position imo so the front 3 might look like this

(LW)malouda/neymar , Torres/lukaku , sturridge/kalou (RW)

And then a playmaker in midfield of course:rolleyes:

Oh and no chance ramires is going to milan, he is quality and is getting better.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I am glad we are signing him now and not in a few years. Knowing the way chelsea normally do business we would have signed someone more experienced and end up paying 40 million for lukaku in 3 years time. The lad is class but not proven at this level yet so its a bit risky.

At the moment we have torres, lukaku (almost) and drogba who play that central role ( I hate to say it but I can see us selling drogba with lukaku coming off the bench regularly to replace torres).
    I can see danny playing on the right and cutting inside and battling with kalou for that position.
    Anelka will be sold and we could do with another player to play on the left as an alternative to malouda (neymar or mata or someone?????)

We need 2 quality players for each position imo so the front 3 might look like this

malouda/neymar , Torres/lukaku , sturridge/kalou

And then a playmaker in midfield of course:rolleyes:

Oh and no chance ramires is going to milan, he is quality and is getting better.

I still think we could play a 4-4-2 but with a slight variation.

Usual back 5 formation, 3 Centre Mid's, 1 Attacking Mid, 1 Support Striker, 1 Centre Forward.

Which would read :

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Ramires Essien Lamps

Sneijder

Danny/Lukaku

Torres

It all depends on the players though, I think if we get Sneijder and Lukaku this could work. I'd fully expect Hiddink to go 4-3-3 though, but we have the options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

away_all_new_tlm_xl.jpg

New Away kit.
    I really like it :)

• Advertisement

I still think we could play a 4-4-2 but with a slight variation.

Usual back 5 formation, 3 Centre Mid's, 1 Attacking Mid, 1 Support Striker, 1 Centre Forward.

Which would read :

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Ramires Essien Lamps

Sneijder

Danny/Lukaku

Torres

It all depends on the players though, I think if we get Sneijder and Lukaku this could work. I'd fully expect Hiddink to go 4-3-3 though, but we have the options.

God that team excites me! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Does the £750 include cup games? That the hardcore stand?

RasTa wrote: »
    Does the £750 include cup games? That the hardcore stand?

No cup games. Yeah the Shed Lower and Matthew Harding Lower would be the best atmosphere.

See above answer. I'd get rid of Kalou to anyone, maybe Villa if Young goes.

Hmm, wonder could be lure Young from the probable United clutches and send Kalou in the opposite direction!:pac:

How did I miss this story.
    Godin eyes Blues move

How did I miss this story.
    Godin eyes Blues move

Yeah, saw that and put it down to the usual bull**** like the link to the young danish winger. Is he any good?

Dont know why we would want Young, let utd have him, very overrated imo

Hmm, wonder could be lure Young from the probable United clutches and send Kalou in the opposite direction!:pac:

I think for the price region United are willing to pay for him he doesn't offer great value in my eyes, I wouldnt want him here anyway, even if it meant swapping Kalou. :eek:
    Yeah, saw that and put it down to the usual bull**** like the link to the young danish winger. Is he any good?

Dont know why we would want Young, let utd have him, very overrated imo

Agree in away, think Young is a decent player that shows flashes of brillance but at times the game passes him by to easily.

I dont think we will be splashing out on a CB in the next 2 years, not with Ivanovic, Alex, Luiz all under 30. No need unless one goes.

Sneijder has come out and said he sees no reason to leave Inter, but
    Modric might leave for silly money

http://www.teamtalk.com/chelsea/6979322/Modric-future-muddle

I'd quite like Modric, think he would fit in well.

BTW doesnt the international transfer window not open until July 1st?

I said it before and I'll say it again, we will end up with 'Arry at the helm and the first person he brings in is Modric!:D
    (Come on ta foook Guus and just sign for the Blues already)

I said it before and I'll say it again, we will end up with 'Arry at the helm and the first person he brings in is Modric!:D
    (Come on ta foook Guus and just sign for the Blues already)

If this happens I'm coming after you with a plank of wood and a rusty nail. :p

No, seriously :mad:

:pac: :P :pac: :P :pac: :P :pac: :P :D

• Advertisement

If this happens I'm coming after you with a plank of wood and a rusty nail. :p

No, seriously :mad:

:pac: :P :pac: :P :pac: :P :pac: :P :D

Hey, I didn't say I wanted it to happen!:D

We all know how Roman loves to be entertained. Well,
    there's been some great comedy double acts over the years....
    Morecambe and Wise
    Vic and Bob
    French and Saunders
    Cannon and Ball

and now, I give you

'Arry and Hughes :eek:

Coming soon to the West End!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

God that team excites me! :eek:

You would syill have the sames problem with that team, no width.

killwill wrote: »

You dont need width to win things, in fact we won the double without true wingers.
    We expect our left and right backs to get forward, a bit like Barca do.
    They use "inverted wingers" as their backs then cut inside

Wingers are good I grant you but there are other methods.
    And Man U didnt do so well with their wingers against Barca!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Translated

"Pastor: "Time to leave Palermo" Chelsea in pole position in the auction for the playmaker
    Many big clubs want to "El Flaco" of Palermo
    Abramovich favorite, we start from EUR 50 million

PALERMO - The Palermo fans who have "cried" Delio Rossi's farewell, goodbye are preparing for another absolute favorite, Javier Pastor. From Argentina, where he is on vacation before you take the field with the national team for the Copa America, Flaco leaves little room for dreams, confirms Rosanero. "I think it's time to leave Palermo," admitted by the unambiguous words Flaco, a local radio station. A new clue, as if it were not enough of those last hours, that are increasing the odds of Chelsea and Inter Milan as the next destination of the imagination.

The most important Spanish clubs (Real and Barcelona) are a bit 'to watch, while the small Malaga Sheikh Abdullah Bin Nassar Al-Thani, a member of the royal family of Qatar, which was advanced by an offer of € 35 million. The manager of Shepherd, Marcelo Simonian (who still owns 16% of the label and then derive a portion of the sale of its super power) received from Palermo and has the mandate to deal in Europe just to see more concrete proposals and a brief Zamparini this regard. Simonian and the president will see Rosanero Thursday or Friday. And in that appointment you will better understand the future of Shepherd, even though the words of the individual concerned drew a decisive line.

Yet only a few months ago, the talented young man from Palermo, in agreement with the property, assured that he would stay at least another season in Sicily, to grow and play with continuity, things are not discounted at a club of the highest level. Zamparini had also suggested that, with active involvement in the corporate Sheikh Al Hokair Land (his partner in various real estate transactions in the Middle East), could hold as long as the "jewel" of South America. None of this. Pastor is on sale. He had also understood that De Laurentiis, Cavani after the coup last summer, about a month ago he asked for information on Argentina, this time without finding a bank in Zamparini, which assesses Shepherd with very high sums.

Officially, the starting price is 50 million €, but also offer enough between 35 and 40 to convince the club to the street to say goodbye to Jack Flaco. Shepherd's fate is likely to weave with the whole Wesley Sneijder. If the Dutch will accept the court of Chelsea, leaving the paid-box midfielder for the pastor in the formation of Leonardo. If, however, as it seems the state of things, Sneijder would prefer to stay in Milan and do not arrive at the court of compatriot Hiddink (nominated for the post-coach Ancelotti to Chelsea), the British would later in the strongest terms against Palermo. Except for Malaga, which has announced its willingness to invest 35 million euro, Chelsea and Inter Milan at the time would not be willing to pay more than Shepherd € 25 million. The auction, however, has barely begun. Simonian and the agent would prefer to wait for the America's Cup (scheduled in the first three weeks of July), convinced that the performance of his "pupil" can do more sketching the listing. The Malaga press timidly, but ended the league in mid-table, with less than half of the points in Barcelona. Not exactly the dream club ...

Salvatore Lo Iacono
    June 10, 2011"

Reports on ESPN Soccernet is that we are in talks with Neymar. Agent says they want £41million.

British vs The World!

Ok so we have seen Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal all bidding for the young English talent.
    Apart from Danny and Josh, our English spine is growing old gracefully, so should we be buying British?
    Is there the talent here to match what we can get abroad?
    We went for Luiz, rather than Jones
    A lot of clubs will be watching the under 21's (Including a certain Scott Sinclair)

What about the home grown rule as well?

Anelka linked to New York Red Bulls for £5million.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

British vs The World!

Ok so we have seen Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal all bidding for the young English talent.
    Apart from Danny and Josh, our English spine is growing old gracefully, so should we be buying British?
    A lot of clubs will be watching the under 21's (Including a certain Scott Sinclair)

If you land Lukaku then that's a start ..IMO he is gonna eat up the EPL

Maybe I should be cursing Sgt but that 41million bid for Neymar has me thinking :eek: what IF he turns out to be another Robinho.
    41Million is a heck of a lot to fork out on a player who we have yet to see ply the trade in the Premiership.
    If his arrival knocks Danny down the pecking order and he turns out to be a 41million flop, where will that leave us.
    (Curses to you and your Monkey thinking ways Sgt!:D)
    Anelka has been some player for us since his arrival

Where did ya hear that Johner?

God, why does my breaks from work begin at 12......so much activity so many qoutes to get back too.

And you better not want it to happen :D
    We all know how Roman loves to be entertained. Well,
    there's been some great comedy double acts over the years....
    Morecambe and Wise
    Vic and Bob
    French and Saunders
    Cannon and Ball

and now, I give you

'Arry and Hughes :eek:

Coming soon to the West End!

Sweet zombie Jesus.

You and Papagormo are going on my enemies list.

NOT, I really like Sgt Pepper 64 and Papgormo.:P
    killwill wrote: »

You dont need true width to win anything, look at Spain during the World Cup, or Barca, no true wingers in the team, just support strikers. much like Anelka.

Would be a great player, worried about the potential fee though.
    You dont need width to win things, in fact we won the double without true wingers.
    We expect our left and right backs to get forward, a bit like Barca do.
    They use "inverted wingers" as their backs then cut inside

Wingers are good I grant you but there are other methods.
    And Man U didnt do so well with their wingers against Barca!

As I mentioned, not every team needs wingers. each team to their own.
    Reports on ESPN Soccernet is that we are in talks with Neymar. Agent says they want £41million.

I'd love it, looks like Sneijder isnt going to come, Neymar woudl be perfect.
    British vs The World!

Jones is a different player to Luiz but I understand the comparisson, also, Jones wont be as good as Luiz.

HG rule, we should be fine, ya dont got to register U-21 or HG players in squads and even looking at the young guys coming through we should have enough to get us by. Also, iirc, if a player has joned the club from before his 16th B-day he can be counted as HG even if hes from China.

I can see him taking the money and heading state side but its interesting to see hwat he wants, hes stated he wanted to finish his career here.
    mixednuts wrote: »
    If you land Lukaku then that's a start ..IMO he is gonna eat up the EPL

I agree, but it would be a huge step up from the Belgian league, he certainly has the physical and natural attributes to make it so time will tell.

Pheeew done.

Maybe I should be cursing Sgt but that 41million bid for Neymar has me thinking :eek: what IF he turns out to be another Robinho.
    41Million is a heck of a lot to fork out on a player who we have yet to see ply the trade in the Premiership.
    If his arrival knocks Danny down the pecking order and he turns out to be a 41million flop, where will that leave us.
    (Curses to you and your Monkey thinking ways Sgt!:D)
    Anelka has been some player for us since his arrival

Ya dont got to be proven in the EPL to be good here though take someone like Messi, just because Sky say he hasnt played in the EPL doesnt mean he wouldnt be able to and couldnt cut it at that level. Neymar has the ability and the technique to cope with the EPL,he was solid enough against Scotland, apart from the penalty, where he went down a bit easily, but that would be the general treatment he'd receive each week.

We have enough Brazilians that he would feel right at home too. Eevry major team in Europe has been following him since he was about 13 so they all have their homework done, its just a case of who is goin to take the plunge and splash.

On Anelka, yes he has, I love Anelka, still a great player.

A source at Talksport claim a deal is close to being done for Tevez and also Lamps is considering trying his luck elsewhere, more than likely bulltommit.

• Advertisement

Where did ya hear that Johner?

Just a rumour on one of the sites. Would make sense though.

A source at Talksport claim a deal is close to being done for Tevez and also Lamps is considering trying his luck elsewhere, more than likely bulltommit.

Its hard to take what TalkSport claim as anything but a bit dodgy.

It was only a few weeks ago Tevez said he wanted to be closer to his family, never knew his family were from the Kings Road area. :p

Dya kno what, I wouldnt be surprised with Lamps, but I think at what, 33, he doesnt have too many places to go. If we do lose Lamps, a new CM is top priority, or does the new guy take a gamble on Josh? Gamble implying we give him 25-30 full games ala Jack Wilshere and see how he does?

Tevez to Chelsea?:eek: Can't see that at all.

A source at Talksport claim a deal is close to being done for Tevez
    hah?!:eek:
    and also Lamps is considering trying his luck elsewhere
    and more hah?!:eek:
    more than likely bulltommit.
    truth.

Tevez to Chelsea?:eek: Can't see that at all.

I'd love it but its about as likely as Carlo Ancelotti been named new manager I'd reckon. :o

Tevez to Real Madrid with Benzema going the other way is where my money is at.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement