Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Imagine trying to keep Drogba, Torres, possibly Anelka, and Tevez along with Danny, Kalou all happy.
    Good luck with that new manager! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

papagormo wrote: »
    Imagine trying to keep Drogba, Torres, possibly Anelka, and Tevez along with Danny, Kalou all happy.
    Good luck with that new manager! :D

And Lukaku and Neymar :p

We could play a 1-1-8

Cech
    Luiz
    Essien
    Drogba, Torres, Lukau, Tevez, Kalou, Anelka Neymar, Sturridge.

Football Manager FTW.:pac:

gavredking wrote: »
    And Lukaku and Neymar :p

We could play a 1-1-8

Cech
    Luiz
    Essien
    Drogba, Torres, Lukau, Tevez, Kalou, Anelka Neymar, Sturridge.

Football Manager FTW.:pac:

As assistant manager should you land the manager's job, I have no choice but to fully back such a formation!:pac:

As assistant manager should you land the manager's job, I have no choice but to fully back such a formation!:pac:

No problem, you can tell JT and Lamps that their dropped though and if Roman is blaming anyway, you're going to be my fall guy :P

No problem, you can tell JT and Lamps that their dropped though and if Roman is blaming anyway, you're going to be my fall guy :P

Fúck that, I'm off to Hamburg!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

TheBelgWaffle The Belgian Waffle
    Lukaku's agent Christophe Henrotay says his client will train with Anderlecht come June 24. He was all for talking him up few months ago
    "Chelsea? They need a coach first. You first need a motorcycle before you can pour in oil." - What a quote from Henrotay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Ya dont got to be proven in the EPL to be good here though take someone like Messi, just because Sky say he hasnt played in the EPL doesnt mean he wouldnt be able to and couldnt cut it at that level. Neymar has the ability and the technique to cope with the EPL,he was solid enough against Scotland, apart from the penalty, where he went down a bit easily, but that would be the general treatment he'd receive each week.

We have enough Brazilians that he would feel right at home too. Eevry major team in Europe has been following him since he was about 13 so they all have their homework done, its just a case of who is goin to take the plunge and splash.

On Anelka, yes he has, I love Anelka, still a great player.

Oh I'm not doubting his ability, like Robinho, he has it in spades. But like Robinho, its his temperment that lets him down. He strikes me as the type of player who has to be No1, and be shown that he is loved! Plus he has thrown some amazing tantrums when a descision hasnt gone his way and is very very easy to wind up.
    I wont cry if we buy him though!

http://football.isport.com/football-videos/play/neymar-throws-a-temper-tantrum-5480/

(love the step overs!)

As for Tevez, I think there are more than 2 resturants in London?!!!

That was an amazing statement for someone who left a Manchester club to sign for......a Manchester club!

Be interesting to see how Man City does without him, I feel he carried them last season, much like Drogba has done for us in the past

Psssst Gavred - Steve Mclaren still looking for a job you know! :eek:

Fúck that, I'm off to Hamburg!:pac:

Traitor :pac:

you'll be back.....they all come crawling back eventually. :p

Oh I'm not doubting his ability, like Robinho, he has it in spades. But like Robinho, its his temperment that lets him down. He strikes me as the type of player who has to be No1, and be shown that he is loved! Plus he has thrown some amazing tantrums when a descision hasnt gone his way and is very very easy to wind up.
    I wont cry if we buy him though!

http://football.isport.com/football-videos/play/neymar-throws-a-temper-tantrum-5480/

(love the step overs!)

As for Tevez, I think there are more than 2 resturants in London?!!!

That was an amazing statement for someone who left a Manchester club to sign for......a Manchester club!

Be interesting to see how Man City does without him, I feel he carried them last season, much like Drogba has done for us in the past

Psssst Gavred - Steve Mclaren still looking for a job you know! :eek:

Anytime i see your name I'm going think of the-monkey version 2.0 :p

If Mclaren or Harry or Hughes get the job your getting such a jabbing from the rusty nail. ( in know way is that an innuendo :eek: )

I think Neymar would uderstand that the EPl is a different animal and Im sure Alex, Luiz and Ramires, who all love a battle would set him straight with what to expect and what is expected of him. he would be perfect to play off a main striker and not have to track back, he'd be devasting on the counter.

Top quality qoutes TBF. I expect Lukaku too go soon but it depends on whos goign to stomp up the cash, Anderlecht know its only a matter of time and I hope its too us.

Manager or not, a 19 year old coming should want to play for th team and at his tender age politics within the club shouldnt matter too much.

• Advertisement

Coach? We-dont-need-no-stinkin-coach!!

http://sandiegochargers.blogspot.com/2007/02/coaches-we-dont-need-no-stinkin-coaches.html

Problem is we set the bar now with the Torres fee.
    Every one we go after now will be greeted with the cry from the players team owner/manager "But you thought Torres was worth 50 mil, so our man is worth at least..........!"

Not sure about the link - but it was the only one I could find re the "no need stinking coach"!

Coach? We-dont-need-no-stinkin-coach!!

http://sandiegochargers.blogspot.com/2007/02/coaches-we-dont-need-no-stinkin-coaches.html

Problem is we set the bar now with the Torres fee.
    Every one we go after now will be greeted with the cry from the players team owner/manager "But you thought Torres was worth 50 mil, so our man is worth at least..........!"

But torres was worth at least £100 Million, IMo we got a bargain. :pac:

Especially if Andy Carroll was worth £35.:p

P.S. Epic amounts of fail went into this post. :(

** Insert Trollface meme here **

75378-TrollFace.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

So, no manager yet then, great work chelsea:rolleyes:

Lukaku will sign, almost certain to imo.
    Neymar too, we are too strongly linked to him, we bid last year but the time was not right then.

Modric or pastore would be nice too:D

I hate all this speculation nonsense. Whens the football back, I 'm bored:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I hate all this speculation nonsense. Whens the football back, I 'm bored:mad:

Watch the u21 Euros, a lot of quality on show there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Anyone have any idea what wages Malouda would be on at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

amiable wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what wages Malouda would be on at the moment?

Think he's on 90k

Lukker- wrote: »
    Think he's on 90k
    Cheers, thats quite a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Lukker- wrote: »
    Think he's on 90k

Any reason or link to back that up? Just wondering :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I hate all this speculation, every window we're linked to every "available" player going, it gets old after a while, I hope there's more substance to the rumors this time around.

I really like the sound of Neymar, Lukaku and Modric, any of them would be nice, if Lukaku is all he's cracked up to be then he could well dominte in the EPL, and we know what Modric can do in it, he'd be a very useful addition.

We need to sort our manager first though, It's always going to be a deterrent for players interested in joining if they don't even know who their boss will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Essien wrote: »
    I hate all this speculation.

Ah it's all we have for most of the summer to look forward to,rumours and gossip to fill the lack of ball is as good as it gets. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

So Chelsea & Real reps are meeting Neymar...I imagine he will go to Real Madrid!
    Representatives from Real Madrid met on Friday in St. Paul with members of fibrous Neymar. They want to convince the player to accept a proposal by the Spanish team.

The club has a strong ally in the fight for striker Ronaldo. For nearly two months, the phenomenon works at bringing the two parties. Aid began about the same time when his sports marketing agency now has Neymar as a client. Until now the phenomenon has a good relationship with the top hats of the Real.

The date for coming to Brazil was well chosen by the Spanish delegation. Next week, should arrive in Sao Paulo representatives of Chelsea, a club that until now has shown more interest in the playmaker. The English speak until the player's father would have said that the preference of the attacker on the outside would be for Chelsea.

The London team has as its representative the Israeli agent Pini Zahavi, who is also the manager Neymar in Europe. He did not attend the meeting this Friday, as there is in Brazil.

I spoke with a Ph.D. in Neymar. He said he believed Santos has no interest in playing in Europe this year. Prefer to hear the proposals and obtain an increase in Santos. His strategy would be only a change of air when foreigners were willing to pay him a salary for top international standards.

http://blogdoperrone.blogosfera.uol.com.br/sem-categoria/com-ajuda-de-ronaldo-real-se-aproxima-de-neymar/

I can't see neymar and ronaldo at real, neither track back and normally most teams can only afford one of those players in their team.

Sorry if this has already been linked but its a really good interview with lucas piazon who joins chelsea next january.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/8568660/Brazils-best-young-footballers-no-long-available-on-the-cheap.html

Speaks some english and is a chelsea fan. Just think in a couple of years we could have piazon and lukaku playing for us, maybe it will actually mean something to them because they are fans of the club and both seem desperate to play for the blues:)

So, we can now rule the following players OUT from joining us (or anybody else)

Neymar http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6982901,00.html
    Sneijder http://www.chelseadaft.org/2011/06/sneijder-i-am-very-happy-here-and-i.html

Possibles still include:
    Modric (Though club says no)
    Pastore (Happy at present club, but "right offer" for him and club could happen)
    Kaka (noooooo thank you)
    Lukaku (Busy with exams and puberty, bless him!)
    Aguero (At Copa, but expected to go to RM anyway)

So who's left?
    Like with managers, its an ever decreasing pool of quality players thats available

Sanchez?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

So, we can now rule the following players OUT from joining us (or anybody else)

Neymar
    Sneijder

Possibles still include:
    Modric (Though club says no)
    Pastore (Happy at present club, but "right offer" for him and club could happen)
    Kaka (noooooo thank you)
    Lukaku (Busy with exams and puberty, bless him!)
    Aguero (At Copa, but expected to go to RM anyway)

So who's left?
    Like with managers, its an ever decreasing pool of quality players thats available

Sanchez?

Same old, Same old.

Remember last year, Aquero and Swinestiger :cool:

Ara we will have Danny coming back and Josh can step up shure we are grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Ara we will have Danny coming back and Josh can step up shure we are grand!

More than happy with what we've got tbh, and as you say 1 or 2 of the kids would easily step up given the chance.
    Who knows? Roman might just turn around and say
    "But I got you, your 70 million birthday presents in January!"

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Gianfranco Zola programme repeated again on ESPN Classic at 10pm! .... caught a bit of it yesterday - looked like a nice programme.

• Advertisement

More than happy with what we've got tbh, and as you say 1 or 2 of the kids would easily step up given the chance.
    Who knows? Roman might just turn around and say
    "But I got you, your 70 million birthday presents in January!"

I think a few older players might leave, can't see more than one or two more additions. We have the youth there that are well capable, so I'm not panicking just yet.
    Get in an aul manager might be nice though!:D

I think a few older players might leave, can't see more than one or two more additions. We have the youth there that are well capable, so I'm not panicking just yet.
    Get in an aul manager might be nice though!:D

How reliable is the Telegraph?!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8570621/Chelsea-offer-for-Neymar-reaches-30-million.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Gianfranco Zola programme repeated again on ESPN Classic at 10pm! .... caught a bit of it yesterday - looked like a nice programme.

Yes, watched it today. Didn't feature the Legend himself, but contributions from Neil Ashton, Ian McGarry, Gabrielle Marcotti, Joe Royle, Chris Sutton and Matt Le Tissier.

Zola brought so much joy to the Bridge in his time there-I really hope we see him back next season in some capacity. It can only be a good thing.

I'd love if we could sign a player this summer with even half his class.

Veles wrote: »
    How is the Lukakku deal coming along?

Nothing official can happen until July 1. Only domestic transfers allowed until then, so anything you hear is just talk.

Anyway....I just read that Lukaku himself and his agent are making 'we know nothing' type of noises, which suggests that either (a) a deal has been done on the sly, or (b) they have not got the offer they want and are trying to bid up his wages. At the same time the Anderlecht president has said that he won't be at the club next season.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Nothing official can happen until July 1. Only domestic transfers allowed until then, so anything you hear is just talk.

Anyway....I just read that Lukaku himself and his agent are making 'we know nothing' type of noises, which suggests that either (a) a deal has been done on the sly, or (b) they have not got the offer they want and are trying to bid up his wages. At the same time the Anderlecht president has said that he won't be at the club next season.

Not true.

Newcastle signed a player from Lille yesterday.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/NewsAndFeatures/2010/transfer-window-060510

Not true.

Was the player out of contract or a youth?

My source.

Was the player out of contract or a youth?

My source.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13734703.stm

Cheers. Interesting that it was also the BBC site that I took my info from. I had thought July 1 was the date anyway, and I thought that this was a Europe wide date.

Cheers. Interesting that it was also the BBC site that I took my info from. I had thought July 1 was the date anyway, and I thought that this was a Europe wide date.
    Not true.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/NewsAndFeatures/2010/transfer-window-060510
    Check the link in my earlier post.

I put it in in an edit so you may not have noticed it:)

Check the link in my earlier post.

I put it in in an edit so you may not have noticed it:)

Yeah, saw that :)

I had asked for a link in my post an then edited it.

Wikipedia says that it is up to National Associations, so fair enough. the BBC are wrong it seems.

Anyway, no done deals (inwards at least) for Chelsea anyway!

• Advertisement

Eurosport:
    Prospective new manager Guus Hiddink has been quoted today denying report s that he has told Chelsea to sign his fellow Dutchman: "After Belgium-Turkey [last week] I went to South Korea. I did not go on holiday, I went to one of my projects in the country where I worked during the World Cup of 2002. I do a lot of work for charity there. I am busy creating lots of pitches, in particular for handicapped people. When I got back to Europe I was confronted with all sorts of stories, saying I had told Chelsea to sign Sneijder.."I am not making a fuss about any of the other stories, but I have to make it clear there has been no contact between the club and me in the last couple of weeks."

This is a concern, but I do think he will come, but we will have to pay off the Turkish FA.
    Really it now depends on how much Guus wants to come. Is he prepared to break his contract?
    If not....welcome Mark Hughes!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

The other alternative is that we wait for Guus and get yet another temp manager. If he does well, then Guus could just take the DOF role.
    I hope its sorted soon and we know more next week. Roman is no fool and knows we need a manager asap

This is a concern, but I do think he will come, but we will have to pay off the Turkish FA.
    Really it now depends on how much Guus wants to come. Is he prepared to break his contract?
    If not....welcome Mark Hughes!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
    The other alternative is that we wait for Guus and get yet another temp manager. If he does well, then Guus could just take the DOF role.
    I hope its sorted soon and we know more next week. Roman is no fool and knows we need a manager asap

If guus is not avaliable then we should go for carlo ancelotti, he is the only other avaliable candidate with the qualities needed.

If mark hughes got the job then we would know roman no longer expects us to challenge for the champions league or the premiership and is happy to settle for that.

One thing I hope about our new manager is that youth gets more of a chance. Carlo was very reluctant to use youth apart from the last 10 minutes of a game we 3 goals up at home in.

I don't know who'll make it but thinking

McEachran -IMO has the best chances of becoming a first team regular at chelsea. Being at the club since he was 7. He really looks a great player. Would like to see him loaned somewhere. Maybe Wigan or Bolton.

Bruma- IMO he will more than likely make the move to harmburg permanent but suppose it depends on how he does.

Kakuta - IMO still has the potential to be a chelsea player. Was unluckly at Fulham. Played great is many games but still found himself on the bench.

Billy Clifford - Looks very good in what I seen. Hopefully can get a loan deal & Improve.

Conor Clifford - Can't see him making it to be honest. Hopefully a championship loan this season

Sam Hutchinson - whispers of him coming out of retirement. Hopefully true. Was impressed anytime I saw him.

Delac - Haven't seen much of him but is very highly rated by others & can't be worse than turnball.

Bertrand & Van Anholt both look very good but behind Ashley cole. I can't see how they will get opportunities. Cole has 2 or 3 good years in him. Played every league game this year & so is very reliable. Maybe the odd champions league group stage, carling cup & fa cup they could get games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

It's obvious Chelsea are in a state of fundamental transition. The mainstays of the current incarnation are almost all past their peak and in line for replacement.

But it's not just a matter of replacing Terry, Lampard and Drogba. We may get one or more season's service out of one or more of them. What's more important is that a different structure is established at the club, with long term support accorded to a management team.

I know it's hindsight, and it is quite possible that Mourinho would not have been amenable, but had Jose been kept on at all costs, he would have probably delivered a couple more premierships and put Ferguson in the position Wenger is now in. But rather than establish Chelsea as the No. 1 team in England, by my reckoning RA was off chasing the Holy Grail. IMO that was a poor strategy, and Chelsea have paid a heavy price, surrendering the mantle of most successful team in RA's tenure to Man U.

In short, Chelsea have to be a bit more like Man U, where management rules, and player power is neutered. That's not to criticise a fantastic group of players who have brought Chelsea more success than they could have dreamed of. It's more to underline that Chelsea had (and still have) the potential to become the best team in England, and from that platform to make their strikes into the UCL.

Is anyone watching the U21's?
    Hows Danny and Bertrand getting on?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Is anyone watching the U21's?
    Hows Danny and Bertrand getting on?

Danny not having the best game , a heavy touch from him just now nearly cost badly but smalling saved his bacon.

Ryan has been solid enough

1-0 to Spain and there good value for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Spain all over them, Danny hasn't had a sniff yet. Ryan doing ok, under a lot of pressure, but most of Spains attacks seem to be coming down the left.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement