Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Danny coming into it a lot more now , 2 good chances in the last 5 and a half chance , looks full of confidence ,

Kyle Walker looks the real deal , having a great game ( think he is spurs player , was on loan with villa and QPR this season)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Mata looks class - lets sign him!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

259835_10150220050982350_504947349_7125301_1249595_n.jpg

hmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Bloody ell, hes the cut of someone but I can't remember who...:pac:

Only our beloved Blues would remind us that the fixtures are out on Friday whilst still not having a manager in place!

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2374696,00.html

FRIDAY IS FIXTURES DAY

Posted on: Mon 13 Jun 2011
    It has been on a Thursday in recent years but the fixture schedule for new season will this year be unveiled on Friday 17 June.
    The Official Chelsea Website will publish the full list of matches that morning and Chelsea Mobile SMS alerts will have news of the opening game.

The campaign will begin the weekend of August 13/14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Hopefully we'll get the ball rolling on the manager front soon! getting a bit frustrated. I have a sneaky feeling it could be Hughes as surely we would have done a deal fr Gus now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

smuckers wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll get the ball rolling on the manager front soon! getting a bit frustrated. I have a sneaky feeling it could be Hughes as surely we would have done a deal fr Gus now?

I just want a handy home against one of the promoted teams or some one in and around the relegation zone last year, but it will probably be an away fixture to Old Trafford or the City of Manchester. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

We have had a few handy opening games in recent years but I have a really bad feeling that this year will be away to liverpool or utd.

Will we even have a manager by august,probably not FFS CHELSEA, what a disaster this summer is turning out to be, joke tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You got a nice start last season anyway

MUSEIST wrote: »
    We have had a few handy opening games in recent years but I have a really bad feeling that this year will be away to liverpool or utd.

Will we even have a manager by august,probably not FFS CHELSEA, what a disaster this summer is turning out to be, joke tbh

This manager saga will end before the month, there is no way we will go into July without a manager, no way in hell. Patient my fellow Blues, no need to rush such things at the moment. Give it 2weeks tops and we will have a replacement for Carlo.
    RasTa wrote: »
    You got a nice start last season anyway

we sure did, home to WBA, 6-0 I think, open to corrections though. Seemed like the start of an ubeaten run until city came to the Bridge. :(

• Advertisement

gavredking wrote: »
    This manager saga will end before the month, there is no way we will go into July without a manager, no way in hell. Patient my fellow Blues, no need to rush such things at the moment. Give it 2weeks tops and we will have a replacement for Carlo.

we sure did, home to WBA, 6-0 I think, open to corrections though. Seemed like the start of an ubeaten run until city came to the Bridge. :(

In Gav, we trust :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It was at Eastlands. :(

In Gav, we trust :D

Well my reasoning for this is the players will be back in and around the 1st/2nd week of July so any prospective manager will want to know what he ahs to work with and who has to come and go. I could be completly wrong and this could drag out until the end of July but a club as big as ours shouldnt and wont let this happen. All I want is stability for about 3/5 years and keep the same man in charge unless he ruins us and bring through players, we al knwo what has to be done and what direction, in general we should be going and hopefully roman and the board take that into consideration.
    Johner wrote: »
    It was at Eastlands. :(

Ah yes, I stand corrected. It was our first " real " test and we fluffed it. My memory ( if correct ) is City parking the bus and packing the midfield. We really owe City big time this year and I mean big time.

Hilario has signed a one year extension, reckon Ross is off

NEW DEAL FOR HILARIO

Really surprised at this one!

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2375452,00.html

Posted on: Mon 13 Jun 2011
    Hilario has signed a one-year extension to his current Chelsea contract.
    The 35-year-old goalkeeper's contract would have run out this summer but he will now spend a sixth season at Stamford Bridge, having so far made 33 starts and four substitute appearances in his role as one of the keepers supporting Petr Cech.
    Last season Hilario played one game, the Community Shield match against Manchester United at Wembley. In March 2010 he made his one appearance for the Portugal national side.

Hilario has signed a one year extension, reckon Ross is off

Turnbull out, Hialro 3rd choice and Delac straight into number 2 behind Cech?

Makes sense TBh, Delac is the future with us and Hialro is at the age where 3rd choice is ok, turnbull is still young enough to do a job for a decent EPL side or Championship team.

Yea reckon that will be it Gav unless we're in for a back up keeper, yay finally some transfer news :)

Thats hilarious :pac:

Why do people think that we are selling ross (apart from him being useless), Hilario is a useful third choice keeper imo. I have not seen enough of delac to really comment on him.

Yea reckon that will be it Gav unless we're in for a back up keeper, yay finally some transfer news :)

I hope so, he has been hailed as a similar keeper to Cech and learning from the great man cant hurt him so hopefully its Cech, Delac, Hilaro and Turnbull gets a good move, maybe Villa. Turnbull had a great game against Inter in the CL at the Bridge and made some quality saves so he has the ability bt it most be hard to watch cech and no your not getting a game until hes injured or suspended.
    Thats hilarious :pac:

Why do people think that we are selling ross (apart from him being useless), Hilario is a useful third choice keeper imo. I have not seen enough of delac to really comment on him.

Well Delac will be 19 in August and if hes not sent out too loan again he will be our number 2, dont think Turnbull will sit on the bench but with Cech in the form of his life not many will replace Cech and Delac would be more suited to learn from Petr given his age and importance to the future, Delac has been called up to Croatian squads in the past but not featured so no doubting his talent, I just dont see him sitting in the reserves next year, so laon out again or 2nd choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Hopefully for an opening fixture of away to Liverpool. Torres to bag a hatrick on his return to Anfield :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

I dont know about Delac as our future keeper at all, football manager dosent rate him that highly...

on a serious note!

Why did we send him on loan to Vitesse? He hasnt played one game for them, he could easily have just come and trained with us since January. He was called into the Croatia squad in 2009 as thirs choice keeper for some european qualifiers which was some feat, but thats along time ago, Id like to see him getting some actual game time to see what level he's at!

superfrank wrote: »
    Hopefully for an opening fixture of away to Liverpool. Torres to bag a hatrick on his return to Anfield :)

Torres-scores-first-Chelsea-goal-against-West-Ham.jpg

I wanna see more of this from Torres, the look of delighted on his face to have scored says it all.
    LanceStorm wrote: »
    I dont know about Delac as our future keeper at all, football manager dosent rate him that highly...

on a serious note!

Why did we send him on loan to Vitesse? He hasnt played one game for them, he could easily have just come and trained with us since January. He was called into the Croatia squad in 2009 as thirs choice keeper for some european qualifiers which was some feat, but thats along time ago, Id like to see him getting some actual game time to see what level he's at!

Actually on FM hes one of the " wonderkids " so that in no doubt should mean he goes staright into our team with Cech playing 2nd choice :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Actually on FM hes one of the " wonderkids " so that in no doubt should mean he goes staright into our team with Cech playing 2nd choice :pac:

ah yes, but when you lose patience and start to cheat like I do you are horrified to see he is a wonderkid but only with a potential of 160-something! thats no wonderkid SI, they lie...

ive said it many times, they never get it wrong, they have better scouts than all the top teams in the world combined!! Delac out!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    ah yes, but when you lose patience and start to cheat like I do you are horrified to see he is a wonderkid but only with a potential of 160-something! thats no wonderkid SI, they lie...

ive said it many times, they never get it wrong, they have better scouts than all the top teams in the world combined!! Delac out!

I always thought that the wonderkids had a potential of -10. Meaning they could become anything upto and including 200 potential, which is pretty impossible unless your Messi or Ronaldo? Open to correction mister cheater mac cheater face. :P:P:P:P

Although i got so pissy about Man City in my FM that I took away their money so I hold my hand up and say I have also cheated, but in my defense I was starting as Wst Brom manager, was sick of all the winning wtih Chelsea :pac:

P.S. Delac in, and to play upfront.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Delac is my Everton keeper in 2022 and he's class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Word on the "street" is that we are waiting to see if the President of the Turkish FA, Mahmut Ozgener is going to stand for relection.
    If he doesnt then it increases the chances of Guus coming.
    He is having the press conference tomorrow.

http://www.teamtalk.com/chelsea/6988590/Blues-wait-for-Turkey-and-Guus

I think we should try and get Fergie - hey lets start that rumour!

So lads, the big "what if" Guus stays on with Turkey, who would ye like to see come in? (I'd add a poll but I don't know how to, so feel free yerselves if ye want to)

• Advertisement

David Moyes, think he could do a good job. Whoever comes in needs time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The Guus is going to get the job.

Yee are just panicing a bit.

Great Scot!...
    (I'll get me coat)

I'd be very surprised if Guus didn't get the job. Looking at that list though, there are not many realistic targets that would get me too excited. A lot of Chelsea fans panicking but I would imagine by the first of July a lot will have taken shape.

I'd be very surprised if Guus didn't get the job. Looking at that list though, there are not many realistic targets that would get me too excited. A lot of Chelsea fans panicking but I would imagine by the first of July a lot will have taken shape.

Yeah true I can't see him not joining us but until its written theres always the slimmest of possibilities.

Just after spotting the story on Football365 (they are going by the Daily Mail's reports) that we are in for Rodwell, while Jose is looking at getting Essien for 18 million.
    Story here.

• Advertisement

Bye Bye Bruma - 2 season loan to.... Hamburg

2 seasons! Never see him again.
    Strange one that, wonder why they just didnt buy him?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6988718,00.html

Ara he will come back in two season's time, fully prepped to play for the Blues! It is rather odd alright, wonder is there any kind of clause in place to allow us to recall him at some stage should the need arise.
    ninja edit, just read the link!:o:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

FFS, Bruma gone now as well? I wish we'd develop some of our youth players to 1st team starters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Bruma might be back don't forget we loaned Alex out for 3 years to PSV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

If Bruma plays well in Hamburg he'll be on the first plane back to Chelsea if he is told he will be starting in the first team.

Disappointed there isn't a clause for us to buy him for a set fee at anytime but oh well.

• Advertisement

Ron Gourlay speaks- Manager hunt is coming to an end!
    (but not many new faces!)

"Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay is hopeful the club's search for a new manager is coming to an end but refused to be drawn on whether Guus Hiddink will return to Stamford Bridge.
    Following Carlo Ancelotti's dismissal at the end of last season, Turkey coach Hiddink has been heavily linked with a role he occupied on a caretaker basis in 2009. The 64-year-old Dutchman led Chelsea to FA Cup success and the semi-finals of the Champions League during his brief tenure two years ago and remains close to owner Roman Abramovich.
    Gourlay gave little away regarding any potential appointment but feels an announcement could be made within the next fortnight as the club look to fill the post before they leave for next month's pre-season tour of Asia. He said: "It's a big season for us coming up. Things didn't go as well as we hoped last season and plans are very much in place for next season to be back winning trophies."
    He added: "As far as the manager is concerned, the process is going well but now is not the time for me to comment on who the next manager is going to be. We will announce things in the usual way but hopefully in the next week or two, we'll be in a position to announce who our new coach will be.
    "I don't think it's right to comment at this stage. I don't want to create any speculation, we'll make an announcement when we're ready and we'll see the new coach when we arrive next month."
    With Chelsea ending last term empty-handed, it is anticipated the new incumbent will have substantial funds at his disposal to freshen up an ageing squad.
    Gourlay, though, believes there is unlikely to be a mass influx of new faces.
    "As far as players are concerned, the basis of the team will be the same for next season," he added.
    "There may be an introduction of two or three players. We've identified key players that we'd like to bring to the team, players who can strengthen the team but of course we'll probably have to wait until the new coach is in place."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/english-premier-league/news/1060765/Gourlay-coy-over-Blues-coach

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/gourlay-manager-hunt-nearing-end-2673972.html

Reckon it will be 4 or 5 regardless of what Ron says.

Modric
    Lukaku
    Sanchez/Neymar
    Back up keeper
    Van De Weil???

So ron gourlay does actually exist and is not just a fictional character made up by roman to give the illusion that somebody does actually run the club:pac:

I agree with smuckers, there will be maybe 5 signings imo.

Probably
    modric or sneijder
    lukaku
    a right back
    neymar/aguero/sanchez/mata (one of these)
    Someone else ??????

I expect the following to leave
    anelka
    bosingwa
    zhirkov
    drogba

Also, I hate the way chelsea seem to leave the transfers until the last minute, I would prefer if any new signings got a full pre season with us. Pre season training starts the 4th july I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Moyes is 66/1 to be next manager, any Chelsea fan think that could be worth a few euro?

Reckon it will be 4 or 5 regardless of what Ron says.

Modric Sneijder preferably
    Lukaku - Yes
    Sanchez/Neymar - Neymar preferably
    Back up keeper - No Need for one with Delac IMO
    Van De Weil??? - Maybe, If Bosingwa gets sold
    So ron gourlay does actually exist and is not just a fictional character made up by roman to give the illusion that somebody does actually run the club:pac:

I agree with smuckers, there will be maybe 5 signings imo.

Probably
    modric or sneijder
    lukaku - Yes
    a right back - see above ( van der weil )
    neymar/aguero/sanchez/mata (one of these) Neymar mosy likely IMO.
    Someone else ?????? A CM ( Sneijder ) A Forward ( Lukaku ) A Playmaker ( Neymar ) a RB ( V.D.W. ) should do.

I expect the following to leave
    anelka - Agree
    bosingwa - Agree
    zhirkov - Agree, for the right price
    drogba - Would hate if he left but is it time?

Also add :

Malouda
    Turnbull

Quoted and added my 2 cents in bold.

Daily Star has Ray back with us! :D

Now that would be funny seeing the way he left and that he has said he would "never work for chelsea again"
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/195860/Guus-Hiddink-wants-Ray-Wilkins-for-Chelsea/

Now that would be funny seeing the way he left and that he has said he would "never work for chelsea again"
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/195860/Guus-Hiddink-wants-Ray-Wilkins-for-Chelsea/

Lol, don't see that happening but would be fantastic if it did.

Melion wrote: »
    Moyes is 66/1 to be next manager, any Chelsea fan think that could be worth a few euro?

At the moment Guus is the out rght favourite, but if Moyes was given the job I'd be surprised. Doesnt really play the type of football that Roman wants, but neither did Mourihno. I think its only a matter of time before he gets a shot at either City, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, cant see him going to Liverpol ever. :P hes done a goodt job with Everton but I dont think hecan take them much further but is that down to the club our his talent?

Lol, don't see that happening but would be fantastic if it did.

Agree, Ray back would be great but with the powers that be at the club I'd seriously doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Sky Italia are reporting that Neymar has signed a 5 year contract with Real Madrid

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement