Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Btw with new premier league regulations we can only sign one foreign player over 21. So that is most likely going to be the CB replacement for Riccy, probably David Luiz who's 23.

We can still sign the likes of Neymar or Ozil on top of that because they are 21 or under.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

If Begovic does as promised and walks from Stoke if he is not number 1, we get rid of Hilario, that gives room for 2 more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Carvalho has covered Terry imo for years. Alex is good, but not yet good enough to cover Terry. Do expect him to be the better CB though. Ivanovic, Alex, Terry and Cole. Terry is by far, by far, the weakest link. Wonder who the replacement will be, Chelsea are a bit weak in squad depth at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Carvalho and Terry were a great partnership.

Carvalho was the better defender but he didn't carry Terry, they just worked very well together. Terry was a great defender in his own right,but the last few years he's been on a steady decline and we could see him found out a lot this year. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Terry had different strengths than Riki but I wouldn't agree he wasn't as good as him. Carvalho could read the game better than anybody at the club, but he looks off the boil now, any time he played last season we all saw that. Alex played ok when he stepped in. I think Ivanovic could be a rock in the centre if he is played their for maybe 7 or 8 consecutive games with JT. Anybody think Stokes Shawcross could do a job in their?

Romelu 'The next Drogba' Lukaku has turned down an offer from Real Madrid to stay with Anderlecht with the intention of joining us next season. Good to see his head hasn't been turned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Its sad to see carvalho go but not suprising. he has become very injury prone and afterall we just won the double with him only playing a handfull of games. I am suprised jose gambled on him , he is likely to miss a large chunk of the season. He still has the quality in one off games though. We need a new CB in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

IMO Carvalho was twice the defender Terry was. Tery had other strengths though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Im a very worried blue, I cant think of anything constructive to say, so Ill leave it at that.

Lukaku will be a fantastic signing for us next season. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

is drogba likely to miss the weekend or will he be fit??

redzerdrog wrote: »

He'll most likely feature. I'd wait 'till the night before though before making him your fantasy football captain :pac:

Also, a good write-up on some of the Brazillian targets we are tracking including new boy Ramires.

http://chelsea.theoffside.com/chelsea/impressions-brazil-2-0-united-states.html

redzerdrog wrote: »

After how bad pre season was Ancelotti will be putting the strongest side he can out and I expect Drogba to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Lukker- wrote: »
    Also, a good write-up on some of the Brazillian targets we are tracking including new boy Ramires.

http://chelsea.theoffside.com/chelsea/impressions-brazil-2-0-united-states.html

Nice to read, we've been heavily linked with all 3 and id be quite happy if we ended up with at least 2 of them but would be over the moon if we managed to get our hands on Neymar!!

New 3rd kit revealed. I've seen we've totally embraced all things luminous this year..

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2117513,00.html

I am getting excited about neymar. Looks like we might make another bid for him and possibly luiz. Who is **** is bebe and will I ever hear of him again after the utd creaming fest is over?:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

3rd strip is bleugh they shouldve just kept it white with the stripe down the middle wouldve been quite nice

i really hope we get neymar!!

• Advertisement

That kit is horrible. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Who is **** is bebe and will I ever hear of him again after the utd creaming fest is over?:cool:

Probably not, but they do tend to go on for a while, like that Mikado fella, he was all the rage last season.

I'm just hoping we get somebody to go on about in the next few days.

We have apparently signed Bertrand Traore

Breaking news in Brazil that Santos have agreed a 25m deal to sell Neymar to Chelsea here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

hope its true ! :D

Breaking news in Brazil that Santos have agreed a 25m deal to sell Neymar to Chelsea here

*Prays*

• Advertisement

Being reported on Sky Sports News that Neymar has handed in a transfer request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

gonzo you may well give me a heart attack if your next post has the words "neymar", "signed" and "chelsea" in it!:)
    whats the craic with that third kit? do they not want shirt sales or something? Maybe they way too much of the home/away kits so they brought out a puck looking third kit to encourage people to buy one of the other two. (now theres a conspiracy theory).
    I preferred last years third kit.
    Anyone buy any of the new kits? Im thinking of getting one on the chape from one of those websites (dont judge, Im a poor student!)

Edit:
    according to Goal.com. a move has been agreed..looking for confirmation on this.

Just got the home one so far. Not mad about the other two. Hopefully will be getting a young Brazilians name on the back of it........

nice!
    anyone know any pub round Dublin that will be showing the game?
    Il be loitering round the town that day, would be nice to go see it

I'm frothing at the mouth at the prospect...

Ignore the music but the kid can do some ludicrous things on the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

I know im as bad as anyone for jumping ahead of things...

but... NEYMAR FTW!!

god he's exactly the type of exciting young player I want us to sign, he'l have Ramires aswell so should settle in better, may aswell buy Luiz now n complete the set!!

haha still holding out for Ozil & Aguero tho!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Being reported on chelsnet that Ramieres has had his work permit accepted

smuckers wrote: »
    Being reported on chelsnet that Ramieres has had his work permit accepted

Expect an announcement at 5PM tommorow.

Still don't think he'll feature at the weekend but it's good to get him before the start of the season anyway.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

It was on Sky News that Neymar's (hopefully former) club boss is considering reporting us to FIFA over an illegal approach to their player without their permission,

also

I quite like that new shirt:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Killinator wrote: »
    It was on Sky News that Neymar's (hopefully former) club boss is considering reporting us to FIFA over an illegal approach to their player without their permission,

At least its an approach!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I like the confidence we are getting from the guardian guys and BBC tipping us as Champions again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Story with Ozil ?

the_monkey wrote: »
    Story with Ozil ?

Not much, Real have reportedly stepped in as well so it could be a four horse race with Barca his preferred destination but they are probably the most reluctant to move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

Killinator wrote: »
    I quite like that new shirt:o

As do I. Wish the folks at adidas would stop using exotic names for colours though. Like "macaw" instead of lime green, or "warning" for the orange keeper kit over the past two years.

So which games will everyone be heading to? I myself am thinking of heading to the Bolton game on Dec 28. Was going to go to the Sunderland game on Nov 13 but I've work that day. Thinking about Spurs at home in the new year aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

CFC1905_NK wrote: »
    As do I. Wish the folks at adidas would stop using exotic names for colours though. Like "macaw" instead of lime green, or "warning" for the orange keeper kit over the past two years.

So which games will everyone be heading to? I myself am thinking of heading to the Bolton game on Dec 28. Was going to go to the Sunderland game on Nov 13 but I've work that day. Thinking about Spurs at home in the new year aswell.

Think im going to try and get over for the Birmingham game at the end of Feb.

New jersey is nice, just wish they wouldnt change it every season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

Raedwald wrote: »
    New jersey is nice, just wish they wouldnt change it every season.

Especially when it's launched before the end of the previous season.

I'm heading over on Saturday, can't wait! Got a ticket for Wigan away the following week so will probably head over to that as well. I'll go as often as I can depending on funds. :)

Chelsea granted work permit for Benfica midfielder Ramires

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Good stuff papa, things are looking a little brighter :)

Lampards a doubt for tommorow. Cech and Alex are fit and Drogba will feature as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

abelard wrote: »

Yep, finally confirmed, yay

welcome ramires:D

now for neymar please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

A good signing, judging from the world cup..I can't say I had heard much of him before though.

Title again this season I'd imagine, especially with a fit Essien but we'll see what challenge my beloved City can mount. ;)

• Advertisement

At last delighted....now just to add his Brazilian counterpart.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement