Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Ruud Gullit sacked as Terek Grozny boss :P
    Shoe in for the Chelsea job now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

JPA wrote: »
    Hughes as head coach with Hiddink as DOF or whatever is being reported.
    That makes a lot of sense.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

garbosj Ian McGarry
    #CFC have repeatedly told Santos they will not meet the £30m valuation for Neymar. At 19 and with suspect temperament, probably correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

karlsentk Tor-Kristian Karlsen by JamesSethOwens
    from very good sources - neymar not moving until january (at the very earliest)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

JPA wrote: »
    Hughes as head coach with Hiddink as DOF or whatever is being reported.
    McDave wrote: »
    That makes a lot of sense.

Why would hiddink become dof when he said he wants day to day management, makes no sense???????

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Johner wrote: »
    Got a season ticket for the Shed Lower. :) Delighted.

Was going to go for it myself , but am smashed at the moment ,

Fair play to you , enjoy

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Why would hiddink become dof when he said he wants day to day management, makes no sense???????
    If he really wants it, and can prise himself away from Turkey, then clearly the day job is his.

It also makes a lot of sense to have him as a "DOF or whatever" (I'm responding to that precise phrase) with a coach. I interpret that phrase to mean anything between a DOF as diplomat to a "whatever" in a more hands on sense.

Personally, I'd be very happy with Hiddink as a buffer between RA and coach, directing strategy, acquisitions and even campaign tactics.

Would MH work in such an arrangement? I think so.

Up until recently arnesen was our dof and all he did was sign players and scout for players, he had no day to day involvement with the first team or tactics. Hiddink could do this very well but he clearly wants to be manager and if its a choice between hughes and guus, I know who I would choose.

Up until recently arnesen was our dof and all he did was sign players and scout for players, he had no day to day involvement with the first team or tactics. Hiddink could do this very well but he clearly wants to be manager and if its a choice between hughes and guus, I know who I would choose.
    It all hinges on the job description, and the power of the individual concerned. With all respect to Arnesen, Hiddink is on a different plane.

As to "between" MH and GH, if that was the choice I would opt for Hiddink too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Ian McGarry on twitter, after saying that we won't meet the 30m valuation for Neymar...
    They have focussed attention on another player for that position. Possible shock it if comes off. Sorry, cant say any more now!

Any idea?

• Advertisement

abelard wrote: »
    Ian McGarry on twitter, after saying that we won't meet the 30m valuation for Neymar...
    They have focussed attention on another player for that position. Possible shock it if comes off. Sorry, cant say any more now

Any idea?

barack obama maybe ??????:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Any idea?

Twitter is a bloody curse!

IMO Neymar wont move this year and we wont pay silly money for a teenager.
    We will get someone in to help get the best out of Torres and someone for that troublesome right back position.
    So there you go then people.
    A new pacy rightback who can also defend.
    A creative midfielder/winger and a young hotshot marksmen

There, all sorted

Oh and we wont be troubled with any of that red menace next year either

Please pay your money at the door :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Who the hell was responsible for not signing Christian Eriksson when we had the opportunity

Who the hell was responsible for not signing Christian Eriksson when we had the opportunity

Didnt he have trials with us and Barca and just decide to go to Ajax?
    Something about starting small?

But yeah, probably our ex DOF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Any idea?

Tevez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Rather see Sturridge play on the left of the top 3 than sign Tevez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

gavredking wrote: »
    Thats why i got mine delivered from prodirectsoccer for about 60 euro and if I want a name ill go to my local lifestyle/champion sports and pay 10 euro for print, making it a grand total of 70 euro for a long sleeve with print.

Rememebr, you willnot be able to buy the long sleeve from the shops, they very, very rarely get in long sleeve stock.

Hence why I went th eonline route. Also I think when i went the Chelsea site it was nearly 102 euro delivered with print.

Replica's though.Are they decent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Any idea?
    David Villa methinks .... still prefer Sanchez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Soby wrote: »
    Replica's though.Are they decent ?

They are the real deal. 100 % genuine. They are not the knock offs that you'd get from soccer triads or the likes. Its the 2nd Adidas jersey I've bought from prodirect, the other been an AC Milan jersey 2yeras ago and it was as genuine as anything from the shops as they only sell the proper gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Gourlay confirms Drogs is staying.

smuckers wrote: »

Dont know if thats a good or bad thing at the moment, only the end of next season will tell all but I expect if its true, for this to be Drogbas last season.

I hate saying it but im not sure if Drogba has it in him for another near 20 goals a season, I hope he proves me wrong though.

Lots of twitter ****e and the paps reporting that Sanchez to Utd is pretty much a done deal.
    Be sick if its true.

Said it before, but theres a very small pool of available talent out there and we need to get in quick

MALAYSIA IDEAL FOR SEASON PREPARATIONS

Ron Gourlay has spoken of his excitement at beginning our pre-season tour in Malaysia next month.
    The Chelsea chief executive believes Kuala Lumpur gives us 'the perfect base' to prepare for the start of the season, while also extending our community links with the Malaysian FA, which has been a strong supporter of our work in the Asia-Pacific region.
    Speaking at the launch of our brand new Blue Pitch project in Kuala Lumpur, Gourlay went on to explain why he wanted the squad to return here three years after our last visit.
    'Last time we were here we had 65,000 people come to watch us at the stadium and it gives us a great base for the upcoming game, and was really one of the strong reasons why I wanted to base the team here as we started off our Asian tour,' he said. 'The facilities, the support, the work of the media really does give us the base we need to prepare for the start of the season.
    'We will be bringing our full squad. The team return to training and we play two games before we fly over to Malaysia. We are very much looking forward to being here as we prepare for what is undoubtedly going to be a very difficult season ahead.
    'All the first team will be on the trip, the pool will be around 30 players so you can expect to see all the main players.
    'Around the stadium for the game we will be introducing fan zones for the first time which will give you the opportunity to meet Stamford the Lion, some of our legends who will also be joining us on the trip and give you the chance to experience the Chelsea way and Chelsea style of operating which is very different from a lot of other European clubs.'
    Gourlay also confirmed the travelling party would include Didier Drogba, who he described as a 'mainstay' of the squad, as well as other top stars such as Fernando Torres, Frank Lampard and John Terry, all of whom will be hoping to propel the squad back to the top of the Barclays Premier League next season.
    'Our target is very much to be back competing,' Gourlay added. 'Last year was a difficult year for us. We came off the back of a very successful year winning the Double, the most successful year we've had ever as a football club.
    'That brings a lot of challenges for the football club and the expectations are very high and it's fair to say our performances and results didn't meet the expectations of the football club. That's history now and we will move on.
    'We expect to be competing for all major trophies next season, that's our goal. We will strengthen the side if the correct players become available that allow us to strengthen our side but the basis of the team will be very much the same as we have in place today.
    'The strategy has not changed, you will still see the introduction to the first team of our Academy players. There were four who broke into the side last year and I fully expect that to continue in the future.'

Gourlay also elaborated on comments made in Hong Kong on Tuesday regarding the appointment of a new manager.
    'As I said yesterday in the interview in Hong Kong, the process is moving along very well. I said yesterday that we would look to have a new coach in place maybe within the week to two weeks,' he said. 'If that happens sooner then I'd be absolutely delighted and we are certainly working to a week to two weeks but it could be sooner.'

Someone should tell gourlay that the current squad is not good enough to win the league and defo not the champions league, facht. 2 or 3 players may not be enough imo.

Anyone else think that gourlay is a complete twat, he is a clone of kenyon, stinks of arogance and incompetance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Anyone else think that gourlay is a complete twat, he is a clone of kenyon, stinks of arogance and incompetance.
    He is a complete muppet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lots of twitter ****e and the paps reporting that Sanchez to Utd is pretty much a done deal.
    Be sick if its true.

Said it before, but theres a very small pool of available talent out there and we need to get in quick

I'd be gutted at that as well, I think he might go to Barca though.

Someone should tell gourlay that the current squad is not good enough to win the league and defo not the champions league, facht. 2 or 3 players may not be enough imo.

I slightly disagree there. I dont think we need wholesale changes and 2/3 players should be enough given that we signed 2 in Jan and have Danny and Josh as back up if they can get a chance, I think they will take it.
    We deffo need a right back and a creative midfielder.
    Possibly another striker/winger.
    If we change too much and then dont win anything (As Gourley "suggests" we should), then I fear for our club, I really do. Roman has very much been a two edged sword and whilst the initial investment and trophies were very nice.
    We are losing our identity and becoming a bit of a joke club with the hiring and firing. I feel more and more its not our club, the club I have watched over 40 years and just become a rich mans plaything with a ridiculous CL obsession.

Be sick if its true.

Sanchez would be a good signing for any team IMO. We we're heavily linked with him last term but the interest seemed to have cooled. Ican only imagine if thats the case we are probably looking elsewhere.

I would disagree, if anything the current squad is better then the one that won the league in 09/10. Although from that squad we lost Ballack, Deco, J.Cole, Carvalho, all great players we have replaced them with Ramires, Torres, Luiz, Benayoun. Only thing we could say is the squad is 2 years older and that doesnt help JT, Lamps, Drogba. Although IMO last year was JT's finest in about 4/5 years

Yes, totally agree, there is something about him I just cant figure out, it could be the fact hes just oneof Romans yes men.
    He is a complete muppet.

+1

Lads, I am not saying we have a crap team but my worry is drogba, anelka, malouda and lampard. All these players are in there final 1 or 2 seasons and we need young replacements or we are in the sh!t.

• Advertisement

Lads, I am not saying we have a crap team but my worry is drogba, anelka, malouda and lampard. All these players are in there final 1 or 2 seasons and we need young replacements or we are in the sh!t.

Lampard = Josh
    Anelka = Danny
    Drogba = Romelu Lukaku

Now this is controversial but malouda = gael kakuta?

Well the way I see it at the moment.

Drogba replaced by Lukaku 15-20Million
    Anelka replaced by Sturridge 4Million in '08
    Malouda replaced by Kakuta 800,000
    Lampard repalced by MacEchran free or Ramires 16Million

Now if we take these players above, who in my mind are ready made replacements for the positions of the players they would replace, we would be sorted. Only Lukaku is currently not in our squad.

yes, we have to build for the future with the UEFA FFP rules coming in to effect but we have the talent at the club that needs to be blended in to the squad and givenmore responsbility then a 3rd round cup game at home to Exeter.

Lampard = Josh
    Anelka = Danny
    Drogba = Romelu Lukaku

Now this is controversial but malouda = gael kakuta?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:P

Great minds and all that. :pac:

P.S. See my post below yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Be sick if its true.

BBC reported yesterday he was most likely off to City. I guess the lesson is to take these with pretty large grains of salt.

Also, has anyone ever see the www.whoscored.com statistics? I had never heard of them before but just saw them yesterday...are they reliable at all?

Some interesting enough things they note;

We only had 40 goals from open play compared to Man U and Arsenal's 54 each, but we had 18 from set pieces compared to Man U 13 and Arsenal 9.

Joined 5th in the league in number of crosses per game, and 2nd in number of short passes.

Joined 1st in the league in terms of pass completion and winning aerial duels.

Joined 1st in average shots on target per game

It's funny that we can have such good pass completion, put in so many crosses, win so many aerial duels, and get so many shots on target, yet still have a tally of goals from open play much less than two of our main rivals for the title. It really shows up that we were missing a certain "edge" on front of goal this year. It would be wonderful if Torres could help remedy that this year. But I think it might show up how critical Sturridge could be too - a young and hungry striker with obvious talent like Sturridge could be in a perfect position to capitalise.

Just reading on CFC Chat one poster says we got Sunderland away first game Utd home to Stoke and Liverpool home to Swansea.

Actualy meant to post this earlier, if Drogba stays that will leave us with Kalou, Torres, Anelka, Sturridge.

At least one if not two of these have to go IMO, especially if we bring in Lukaku.

So if we sign Lukaku, I wouldnt be surprised to see Anelka and Kalou been shown the door and keep Torres, Lukaku, Drogba, Sturridge.

Interesting times ahead indeed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Just reading on CFC Chat one poster says we got Sunderland away first game Utd home to Stoke and Liverpool home to Swansea.

Is the draw not on Friday ?

apparantally he's reading it off a pdf, must have a source

Is the draw not on Friday ?

Ya draw is on Friday midday AFAIK.
    apparantally he's reading it off a pdf, must have a source

I'd seriously doubt that, the draw is done " live " and witnessed by a few memebers of the FA board. The computer throws out the fixtures randomly.

I'll try get a source somewhere, but that was my understanding of the fixtures.

Ya draw is on Friday midday AFAIK.

I'd seriously doubt that, the draw is done " live " and witnessed by a few memebers of the FA board. The computer throws out the fixtures randomly.

I'll try get a source somewhere, but that was my understanding of the fixtures.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html

• Advertisement

Thats basically it more or less. I had a source from the Football League site in which case it is practically the same procedure. Teams can request certain dates and in some cases get preferences for dates for home or away fixtures depending on their situation.

If it turns out we do get that Sunderland away game first of the season I'd be happy enough with that.

Well the way I see it at the moment.

Drogba replaced by Lukaku 15-20Million
    Anelka replaced by Sturridge 4Million in '08
    Malouda replaced by Kakuta 800,000
    Lampard repalced by MacEchran free or Ramires 16Million

Now if we take these players above, who in my mind are ready made replacements for the positions of the players they would replace, we would be sorted. Only Lukaku is currently not in our squad.

yes, we have to build for the future with the UEFA FFP rules coming in to effect but we have the talent at the club that needs to be blended in to the squad and givenmore responsbility then a 3rd round cup game at home to Exeter.

And we have Lucas Piazon joining us in Jan.
    He might get to play a part at some stage

In other news, looks like we will have to reach a deal for Guus as he wont quit

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/guus-hiddink-will-not-quit-turkey-for-chelsea-says-agent-2297715.html

I still think he is coming though - Gourlay seemed pretty confident

I forgot about Piazon coming in Jan. Hoepfully he'll be pushing for a place from the start and be in the first team for the start of the following season. I've high hopes for him.

Oh he is definitely coming, in fact if I had my own house I'd bet on it, its as clear as daylight, its Guus and its always been Guus. If its not then I will eat humble pie.

Oh he is definitely coming, in fact if I had my own house I'd bet on it, its as clear as daylight, its Guus and its always been Guus. If its not then I will eat humble pie.

* Warms the Humble pie * :pac:

Nah I kid, I kid. I hope its Guus too and am taking a similar stand as you smuckers, I'd be very surprised if it wasnt Guus, in fact I'd be shocked if it was anyone other then Guus.

I wish something would happen though. I mean whats the ****ing delay, just pay the compo and be done with it. It really pissing me off at this stage, until we get a manager this shipwreck of a club is going nowhere.

Has everyone seen the gate 17 Ron Gourlay film?

I wish something would happen though. I mean whats the ****ing delay, just pay the compo and be done with it. It really pissing me off at this stage, until we get a manager this shipwreck of a club is going nowhere.

Might have to do with the fact that the Turkish FA dont want to lose Guus and compensation will have to be sorted with them, then we will have to meet Guus and agree to his terms, which could range from money demands, performance and acheivement bonuses, coaches that he might want to bring in, transfer targets.

There is a lot to it, much more so then throwing the Turkish FA £6Million and shipping Guus over on the first flight.

Until Guus comes out and says no, we can take it as the worse kept secret in football that he will be taking over.

I heard they havent made up their mind who is going to be the second coach to Guus.

• Advertisement

Has everyone seen the gate 17 Ron Gourlay film?

I havent seen it but I have to check it out. Any good??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement