Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

1147148149150151153»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Thats a great article

Feck me - Neymar, Sanchez and Modric our main targets!
    Thats pretty impressive
    No right back though?

Think the board have looked at our RB's and are thinking is VDW really better Ivan and Bos? we'll wait and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Wow , if true thats brilliant ,

Cant wait for all the speculation to be over , its absolutely crazy this summer.

When is Guss on board ?

Wow , if true thats brilliant ,

Cant wait for all the speculation to be over , its absolutely crazy this summer.

When is Guss on board ?

Next week apparently

Could be a great weekend though

Get Lukaku and de bruyne signed up. Plus wind up the spuds big time! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Next week apparently

Could be a great weekend though

Get Lukaku and de bruyne signed up. Plus wind up the spuds big time! :D

Haha not only that , but some of the Man U fans thought they were huge favorites for Modric last night

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

While I'm delighted to get Modric....I'm abit Pissed off McEachran won't get any opportunities this year IMO. Any sign of him going on loan??

Also Who will be dropped for Modric...Lamps..Essien or Ramires...not to mention John Obi Mikel....Its hard to know what will happen with Chelsea this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Modric, Sanchez, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Van der Wiel would be acceptable.

In fairness if we manage 2 big signings + some youth (expensive as it is) I'll be happy.

superfrank wrote: »
    While I'm delighted to get Modric....I'm abit Pissed off McEachran won't get any opportunities this year IMO. Any sign of him going on loan??

Also Who will be dropped for Modric...Lamps..Essien or Ramires...not to mention John Obi Mikel....Its hard to know what will happen with Chelsea this season!

Has to be Lamps

• Advertisement

Has to be Lamps

If Carlo was still in charge, it could be Malouda as he rotated him with Kalou for a while.
    Be interesting to see Guus's formation alright, but I'm guessing he'll have to start with Torres.
    IMO Josh is still too young to expect much action. Danny is the one I really hope we can keep happy - its his time
    Probably get slaughtered for saying it, but Mikel just isnt the quality we should have and neither is Kalou.
    We must stop signing people like Yury as well. Not good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

He he "exclusive story!"

That is AFAIK...A different interview & different quotes I think!

If Carlo was still in charge, it could be Malouda as he rotated him with Kalou for a while.
    Be interesting to see Guus's formation alright, but I'm guessing he'll have to start with Torres.
    IMO Josh is still too young to expect much action. Danny is the one I really hope we can keep happy - its his time
    Probably get slaughtered for saying it, but Mikel just isnt the quality we should have and neither is Kalou.
    We must stop signing people like Yury as well. Not good enough

Mikel , I think had a good season , his passing and tackling have really improved ,

Yury was a stop gap,

Kalou , on your bike lad ,

Love to see Josh at Bolton on loan,

Lamps has not got the legs any more, unless he does a Giggs and starts jumping the ladies left , right and centre and takes up Yoga,

In that case he could have another 4-5 years in him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Well lads, just after reading the Modric interview, while he would be a good addition to the club, his arrival must surely push Josh down the pecking order a bit? Thats what rumbles me personally. A few players will have to be shown the door I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Signing Lukaku & Modric :eek:

Yiz bastards !
    ;)

well blow me down, the modric story is true! now to sit back and watch harry throw his toys out of the pram. what do think we will have to pay? not that's my money, but wouldn't like to pay much over 30 million. essien could be a causality. lots of rumours about him leaving. hope he comes back fully fit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

well blow me down, the modric story is true! now to sit back and watch harry throw his toys out of the pram. what do think we will have to pay? not that's my money, but wouldn't like to pay much over 30 million. essien could be a causality. lots of rumours about him leaving. hope he comes back fully fit
    I reckon about 32 million.
    Looks like the wage cap is going to bite Spurs on the arse here.
    He's likely to double his wages at Chelsea and be back playing Champions League

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

amiable wrote: »
    I reckon about 32 million.
    Looks like the wage cap is going to bite Spurs on the arse here.
    He's likely to double his wages at Chelsea and be back playing Champions League

Modric is the exact type of player that will assist Torres in getting a bag load of goals .

Similar slick style of midfielder to Yossi , and you can see the difference to Torres when Yossi plays .

Modric will draw players in whilst Torres stands off the shoulder , and Modric can deliver a killer pass at anytime.
    Not forgetting his defensive side to his game either .

I expect Torres to be linking up with Modric alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

garbosj Ian McGarry
    I said that Modric will leave #THFC & wants to stay in London. Quotes from the player appear to confirm that. #CFC will make new £24m bid.

garbosj Ian McGarry
    I believe the eventual fee for Modric will top £30m. #CFC will play the game and increase offer in stages. Talks with player advanced.

He's the one I'm looking out for. I know a few people wouldn't be happy with the price of 30million but I think he would be a fantastic signing.

Johner wrote: »
    garbosj Ian McGarry
    I said that Modric will leave #THFC & wants to stay in London. Quotes from the player appear to confirm that. #CFC will make new £24m bid.

garbosj Ian McGarry
    I believe the eventual fee for Modric will top £30m. #CFC will play the game and increase offer in stages. Talks with player advanced.

He's the one I'm looking out for. I know a few people wouldn't be happy with the price of 30million but I think he would be a fantastic signing.

30 million is not a bad price I reckon, but the Spuds will try and push it to 40 million and even ask for a player. Probably up his wages from 40k to 90k. Some rags have us tripling it.
    It would be a great signing - he will be the conductor - spraying passes out left right and centre - food and drink for Torres (Who has terrific movement) He can defend as well and Fergie said he was the best player in the league last season.
    He will bring a big change in the way we play. Must admit we normally just lump it upto the Drog and hope something happens. Could be the start of something special. But there I am getting all misty eyed, when its all just talk. If we are going to start playing like we did with Zola and Nevin, thats me getting a season ticket again.
    Maybe Roman is right to ruthlessly pursue his dream?
    The best thing for me is that is Roman is fully back in love and has the cheque book out to prove it. This and the comments about developing youth will hopefully lead to a truly balanced squad mix of new young but proven buys like Modric, exisiting players like Essien and our own youngsters like Danny and Josh.
    Ramires, Luiz and Torres will be more settled in as well. A few good buys like Modric and thats our squad rebuilt for the next 6-7 years with a few youth players filtering through

(Possible squad for next season)

Cech - Hilario - Delac

Cole - Van A - Bruma
    Terry/Alex/Luiz
    Ivanovic - Betrand
    To be announced?

Modric - Josh - Piazon
    Ramires/Essien/Lampard
    Mikel
    TBA

Torres/Drogba/Danny
    TBA

Unknowns
    Anelka/Bose/Yossi/Kalou/Malouda/Turnbull

Pensioned off
    Ferreira
    Yury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

(Possible squad for next season)

Cech - Hilario - Delac

Cole - Van A - Bruma
    Terry/Alex/Luiz
    Ivanovic - Betrand
    To be announced?

Modric - Josh - Piazon
    Ramires/Essien/Lampard
    Mikel
    TBA

Torres/Drogba/Danny
    TBA

Unknowns
    Anelka/Bose/Yossi/Kalou/Malouda/Turnbull

I feel a bit dirty saying it, but would a diamond formation work with the players we currently have/are likely to get? Particulalry as it doesn't look like we're going for width

Keeper
    Cech

Back four
    Ivanovic/Bertrand/New RB
    2 of Terry/Alex/Luiz/Ivanovic in centre
    Cole/PVA

Diamond
    Mikel/Essien/even Luiz at the back
    Ramires/maybe Essien on the right
    Lamps/Josh on the left
    Modric at the top

Forwards
    Drogba/Lukaku
    Torres/Sturridge

Is Bruma not gone on loan?

• Advertisement

Is Bruma not gone on loan?

Not confirmed yet, but highly likely and 2 seasons as well like we did with Alex.
    The plan is he will develop and come back in the first team squad just like Alex did.
    But I cant see anyone moving Cole anytime soon

Not confirmed yet, but highly likely and 2 seasons as well like we did with Alex.
    The plan is he will develop and come back in the first team squad just like Alex did.
    But I cant see anyone moving Cole anytime soon
    Was Alex actually at Chelsea before he went on loan?
    Or did Chelsea buy him and loan him straight away.
    I had always assumed he was sent on loan because he didn't meet the work permit criteria at first.:)
    Seems a good move now anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Modric will be a huge signing for ye, your midfield has looked bereft of any kind of creativity or cleverness for quite a while now. Him and Torres will add the bit of subtlety ye have been missing. While I'd love to see him at United, I see no point in us trying to compete with Abramovic's millions, especially if he does want to stay put in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Modric is just what we need, really hope we do get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its the start of a good weekend. Transfer rumours are picking up speed to. You know something is up when someone like Levy comes out and states that Modric is not for sale. Im still not convinced but if Modric does the job ill welcome him with open arms.

• Advertisement

gavredking wrote: »
    Its the start of a good weekend. Transfer rumours are picking up speed to. You know something is up when someone like Levy comes out and states that Modric is not for sale. Im still not convinced but if Modric does the job ill welcome him with open arms.
    Levy went so far as to say that Chelsea did make a formal offer.
    Cheek of him to say that Chelsea went public with it.
    Like Spurs have never leaked anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Levy went so far as to say that Chelsea did make a formal offer.
    Cheek of him to say that Chelsea went public with it.
    Like Spurs have never leaked anything

I think its also down to th fact Spurs have given up on keeping Modric so Levy comes out and says Chelsea have made an offer to let other clubs know that there is interest in their player and rhis might force others clubs to bid for Modric thus increasing his price. Fair play to them.

gavredking wrote: »
    I think its also down to th fact Spurs have given up on keeping Modric so Levy comes out and says Chelsea have made an offer to let other clubs know that there is interest in their player and rhis might force others clubs to bid for Modric thus increasing his price. Fair play to them.

Very true I'm afraid. Levy has to be seen issuing a strong statement. But he also has a history of selling his best players - Berba etc. If Modric really wants the move, it will happen, but Levy will extract as much money as possible and give it to harry to reinvest to calm him and the fans down.
    The best they can hope for is to double his salary and try and get him to commit for 1 more season in the hope they get back into the CL

Chelsea wont back down now the player has given them the green light

Chelsea seem to be in a very strong position now with Modric.
    He's obviously had some contact and likes what they have to offer.
    It may get dragged out but i do see Modric at Chelsea this summer.
    Good player

jack_wilshereJack Wilshere
    Don't see all the fuss about Modric wanting a move..he has done welll at #Spurs but he needs to play #champions league! #inmyopinion

jack_wilshereJack Wilshere

LOL, arent we supposed to be buying him as well!

LOL, arent we supposed to be buying him as well!
    If Arsenal don't make the top4 next season you never know.
    He's set a marker down there IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Isn't Wilshire a lifelong Arsenal fan? I'd say only too happy to get an aul dig in at Spurs.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Isn't Wilshire a lifelong Arsenal fan? I'd say only too happy to get an aul dig in at Spurs.:pac:

Yes - my Bad! I meant Jack Rodwell! Wrong team n all! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Maybe Roman is right to ruthlessly pursue his dream?
    Possibly. But I question the way he's done it.

By my reckoning, RA's strategy should have been to establish Chelsea as the no. 1 team in England. With a few more years of Jose, Chelsea could have seen off Ferguson and put real pressure on Man U at a very sensitive time when they were heavily leveraged by the Glazers. Imagine 5 premierships instead of 3, overhauling Arsenal in a few short years. Instead MU have pulled away and copperfastened their place in history and proved beyond doubt that *they* are no. 1.

In such a scenario, with the attractions of London, Chelsea would be the undisputable destination of choice in England for foreign players.

They could then have taken the Champs League at leisure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement