Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Very hopeful of this happening now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

Honestly we need a few more younger players .. rest we have a great squad !

We need another centre half imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Johner wrote: »

+1, we need the next Carvalho.

But if it was the choice of a CB or Neymar I'd take Neymar everytime tbh.

Definitely.

Would love to get Luiz but he would cost way too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

Alex and Ivanović are fine we have good young defenders in the reserve so yeh i would take Neymar instead of a CB !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Johner wrote: »

we have 3 excellent CBs, if we ever want Bruma or Mancienne to have a chance to break through then having one of them take the 4th CB spot is the best chance a CB will have to break through since Terry had his!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

While I'm kinda gutted that Riccy is gone (best defender we had in many, many years, IMO), we still have an excellent compliment of CB's: J.T., Alex, Branislav Ivanovic (player of the season last year, defo) and then the young guns of Bruma and Mancienne. It's RB that's bothering me, somewhat...

Bossy is still out... and Ferreira looked fukken knackered after 20 mins on Saturday and was getting owned by the West Brom left sided players. (Thankfully, this came to nothing). RB is an area I'm concerned about.

LB is locked up. Ashley (best in the world) and then Zhirkov if things go tits up with Ashley (haha, tits up... snigger:D)... Think we've the best left sided defence going at the minute!!!

DazMarz wrote: »
    Bossy is still out... and Ferreira looked fukken knackered after 20 mins on Saturday and was getting owned by the West Brom left sided players. (Thankfully, this came to nothing). RB is an area I'm concerned about.

What is the story with Boss??
    he's been working his way back to fitness for a long time, can we count him out until xmas or is he close to coming back?
    Ivanovic should def be left at CB until Boss comes back, Ferreira is muck, he has no pace at all and is constantly raped by wingers, then I think id be inclined to play Terry and Ivanovic at CB!!

Terry is on a steady decline, if either him or Alex get injured Ivanovic will have to cover which isn't ideal as it leaves us short at RB. As good as Ivanovic is as cover for CB he is probably the best right full in the league so I'd like him to stay there and as I result I think another CB would do no harm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

If Terry and Ivan get injured we are f*cked. We do not want the situation where we have to play Mancienne and Bruma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Do you not rate Mancienne and Bruma? I think Bruma would rise to the challenge of starting, however i hope it's beside JT so to guide him through his first few starts.

I do rate him, but from what I've seen of him in the first team he is not ready yet, no two ways about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

When's this Neymar deal gonna go ahead? If after a 9 hour meeting they can't tie him down, why not just accept that he's on his way? Reports sayin he's beeing offered 55k a week.. that's more than triple his current pay package. Pele says "He is not prepared to play in England." So, Pele can fuck right off:pac:

Not arsed typing again, from the Anelka thread
    Nicolas Anelka described the French Football Federation (FFF) as “clowns” after they handed him an 18-game international ban for his role in the team’s World Cup revolt in South Africa.

Anelka, who said he never intended to play for France again anyway said: “For me, that commission thing is absolute nonsense, an aberration, a farce, an attempt not to lose face.

“They know that very well. They didn’t punish anybody... because the Les Bleus chapter was closed for me on June 19, when I was kicked out of the squad.

“They’d better turn the page because (new France coach) Laurent Blanc needs to work in peace. These people are clowns. It makes me die of laughter.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Nicolas-Anelka-has-laughed-off-his-18-match-France-ban-and-branded-the-FFF-as-clowns-article558363.html#ixzz0x0BVRwPd

picture it.........

anelka-lacht-16648013__MBHF-1277061596,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

justshane wrote: »
    Do you not rate Mancienne and Bruma? I think Bruma would rise to the challenge of starting, however i hope it's beside JT so to guide him through his first few starts.

I rate Bruma very highly but he's only 18 and don't think he's ready to be starting full games at CB. Mancienne i'm not sure about I just don't see him making it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Ideally Bruma would be a couple of years older and able to handle the pressure better.

But sure look at Phil Jones at Blackburn he's only a young lad as well and has slotted in seamlessly. I'll have faith with Bruma to be able to step up as well.

I would like to see an experimantal back line in the Carling Cup games that has the young lads alongside two experience heads to talk them through the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Sam Hutchinson has been forced to retire from football at the age of 21 due to a reoccurence of the knee injury that's plagued his young career. Such a shame, really do feel for the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2128249,00.html

So it is true.... One of the most promising Right Backs that Chelsea and England had... This is such a shame...

Hopefully he'll get into coaching as the article suggests. Terrible to have such a promising career cut short like this.

Very unfortunate for the lad, he looked promising.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

Poor Hutch. Good thing that the club is continuing to support him. Best of luck to him in future.

Press conference called tonight. Looks like Neymar has agreed to sign a new contract.

Press conference called tonight. Looks like Neymar has agreed to sign a new contract.

we have or Santos have?

shame... would have been a promising signing, n showing our intent to bring in the best young players, but always a risk for 25-30million for a 5ft8" 18-yr old who weighs less than 9 stone in the premiership!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Who called it? If it was Santos, it could be to introduce Rodrigo Possebon, they signed him from United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Christ, real shame about hutch, thats awful.

On neymar, I think its looking like he will stay at santos. I wonder if we dont get him will we try and sign someone else. I would live to see lukaku.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Who called it? If it was Santos, it could be to introduce Rodrigo Possebon, they signed him from United.

Santos called it. Perhaps, well then they'll have 2 bits of good news for their fans.

• Advertisement

Horrible for Sam, such a talent. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Neymar staying hope we have more eggs in the basket

smuckers wrote: »
    Neymar staying hope we have more eggs in the basket

too right, hope we weren't bluffing when we said we were looking at a few young players...

sign someone else in the next week n i'll quickly forget about this disappointment tho!! time to reassess making a move for Aguero again maybe?????

LanceStorm wrote: »
    too right, hope we weren't bluffing when we said we were looking at a few young players...

sign someone else in the next week n i'll quickly forget about this disappointment tho!! time to reassess making a move for Aguero again maybe?????

Not unless he has seriously dropped his wage demands.

Not unless he has seriously dropped his wage demands.

we've dropped ballack, deco and cole off the wage bill, surely a bit more flexible in regards wages then we were 3 months ago!! but then the fact we wouldnt give cole the wages he wanted might suggest differently!!

• Advertisement

LanceStorm wrote: »
    we've dropped ballack, deco and cole off the wage bill, surely a bit more flexible in regards wages then we were 3 months ago!! but then the fact we wouldnt give cole the wages he wanted might suggest differently!!

We won't be paying big wages for anyone. I think it was reported that he wanted more than Terry and Lampard, was never going to happen.

Apparently all players bonuses have been cut this season too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Aguero wanted 160,000 pw which rightly we would not pay. He is quality but no on is worth that. Hopefully we more onto someone else after neymar, I still think we need a young attacking player. Drogs and anelka are near the end of their careers.

I don't think we'll sign anyone now

And it's confirmed he's signed a new contract.......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Disappointed that we didnt get Neymar , but I still believe there is more to come from us in the Transfer market.

Look what I found. :D Had to take a few pics, still my favourite jersey ever.

thumb_s8jjfffn9s2jj899fs8n9k4sjn.jpg

thumb_f3r9jnf2fs4js98ee2f82ek2u3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

No more signings according to Carlo rajkovic and matic perhaps out on loan.

Carlo on Sam,

ANCELOTTI: HUTCH CAN STILL SUPPORT US
    Posted on: Fri 20 Aug 2010

Carlo Ancelotti has praised Sam Hutchinson for his attitude over the past three years, and expressed his hope that the young defender stays with the club following his retirement.

The 21-year-old was forced to bring an end to his promising career following three years of knee problems, but plans to stay with the club as an Academy coach while also studying sports science at university.

'We are sad, disappointed about this, he decided to retire after very strong work to recover from his injury,' Ancelotti said.

'He was not able to do this but now we are together to look forward to support him in everything. He will start to study sports science, he will start to train with our Academy, and we would like that he stays in our family because he has a strong character and showed this during the years when he tried to recover from the injury.

'He is a very good man and can have a fantastic job here in Chelsea and support us with his character,' the manager continued.

'Obviously he is sad now but he has to look forward, there are a lot of things. You can't play but you can do different jobs in football, he loves football and we will support his passion.'

Ramires not in the squad for tomorrow. Lampard fit. Bosingwa back training, supposed to be fit in 3 weeks. Kakuta has a back injury.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Cant wait for the game tomorrow ,

Not to be disrespectful to Wigan but Chelsea -3 tomorrow is 9/2 with PP and I am all over it like a rash !

We have scored 14 in our last two PL games and they have conceded 12 .

I am hoping to see another really strong performance from the team.

On a side note , is anyone heading over to any games soon ? I got my Ticket for the stoke game but wont be able to go so if any one wants it let me know as it would be a shame to see it wasted , Its in the MHL east and its going for nothing, after booking the ticket herself informed me we had something on that weekend ! Lucky enough that I had not booked my flight yet !

I am going to head over to:

Chelsea V Blackpool on the 19/09/10 and tickets go on sale on Monday morning at 7

Really want to go to Man City V Chelsea on the 25/09/10 tickets on sale 7am 31/08/10 , only think Il go to this if there is a few people going though

And Will deffo be heading over for Chelsea V Arsenal on the 03/10/10 tickets on sale 7am 06/09/10

Have the flights booked for the two home games, If anyone is interested in the City Game let me know , Id love to head over but not on my own !

No more signings appaerently. I'd be very suprised if one came in now. We were in for Neymar but that obviously didn'nt work out. Now what I'd like to see is Sturridge push Kalou for a place and Kakuta to cement his. And thats something I'd like to see sorted out sooner than later, is Kakuta contract which is up next June. I feel the board are waiting to see how he progresses. Lets forget about Neymar cause we have Gael. And we will sign Lukaku next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

On a side note , is anyone heading over to any games soon ?

Really want to go to Man City V Chelsea on the 25/09/10 tickets on sale 7am 31/08/10 , only think Il go to this if there is a few people going though

Yep, going to the Everton game on December 4th, got return flights for 30 euro! Also going to away game at Stoke, should make a weekend of it!

Was at last year's Man City away game, nice stadium but disappointing result

1 Petr Cech
    2 Branislav Ivanovic
    33 Alex
    26 John Terry (c)
    3 Ashley Cole
    5 Michael Essien
    12 John Mikel Obi
    8 Frank Lampard
    39 Nicolas Anelka
    11 Didier Drogba
    15 Florent Malouda

Subs: 40 Hilario, 19 Paulo Ferreira, 38 Patrick van Aanholt, 18 Yury Zhirkov, 10 Yossi Benayoun, 21 Salomon Kalou, 45 Fabio Borini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

EDIT: My bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Le King wrote: »
    EDIT: My bad.

Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Sky

Was looking through Setanta and ESPN, but not Sky. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Why was there a minutes applause at the start of the match??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

in memory of a solider who was kia.

Delighted with that, another 6 nil. Wigan started well but we soaked up the pressure. Fantastic ball by Mikel to set up Anelka. Great cross also from Drogba. And Yossi gets on the score sheet. Fair play to Kalou as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Not gonna lie lads, started off fairly shaky, but then ye just raped them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement