Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Drogba was fantastic, despite not getting on the scoresheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Essien wrote: »
    Drogba was fantastic, despite not getting on the scoresheet.

When he's not scoring them, he's making them... What a player.

The words "Come to daddy" apply with this result... Safe at the summit of the league for the weekend... Unless Man U whip Fulham 10-0 tomorrow!!!

Shaky at times, but when Chelsea decided to play, it was excellent stuff. Delighted Benayoun opened his Chelsea account too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

buzzing after that! thing about Drogba is when he doesn't score he will always get a few assists, thats what makes him such a complete striker and imo the best all round forward in the prem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Just like beating blackpool 2-0 . .:D:D:D

Kind of reminds me of Arsenal a couple of years back . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

What a result. i thought we defended well too, jt and alex throwing themselves at everything. You could see we really wanted the clean sheet.Drogs was immense.

what a pass by mikel for anelka, what a pass, I have never seen him do that before:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Terry definitely should have been sent off though, good attacking performance nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Stoke (H) West Ham (A) and Blackpool (H) the next two fixtures, lads are getting fitter and better over the next couple of weeks no reason why we cant keep this fantastic form up over the next few weeks and build ourselves of good Goal difference and points lead over the other contenders to our throne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

The Drog.....unreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

According to the club website, Wigan were 'unlucky not to come away with a result after a brave performance' :D

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10429~2130221,00.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Jesus !!!!, was worried about this game cos we lost it last year , but 6 - 0 !!

again !!!!!
    COME ON YOU BLUES!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Absolutely delighted , plus I won a fortune !!!

Good game from everyone on the park in a Chelsea Shirt :D

Terry was lucky not to see a second yellow for his petulant little swipe at N'Zogbia but the lad should not of been on the pitch after leaving the studs in on Terrys Chest and going through Ashley Cole very late .

All in all a great days work !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

great day for the Blues, what a win.
    Have to try keeping grounded and remind ourselves it was against Wigan and West Brom, really looking forward to a game against one of the top teams now.

Terry needs to learn to let the odd thing go, granted N'Zogbia stamped on him first, but he was already on a yellow and yet he still went for N'Zogbia, not really the best of leadership in my opinion.

Drogba..jaysus but what a player when he turns it on, sublime altogether.
    Great to see Anelka and Kalou get a few goals too.
    Delighted to see Yossi get a goal, great positioning from him in the build up.

The whole team played excellently today, even Mikel! (and what a pass that was to Anelka, thats the stuff Mikel!)

Oh happy days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Due to my studies I've had to miss these matches and when I saw Drogba(x3) I thought he'd done the ultimate hattrick of hattricks! Assists though of course!

Foolish I am for thinking he'd be greedy in this match and go for the 3x3, but for one of Kalou's he could easily have had a go himself.

He has become my favourite player in the world.

When I saw Anelka scored 2 I was surprised and the curse of them so rarely both scoring obviously meant Drogs would not score.

We go mad at Wigan in the second half, we were only 1-0 up at half time and in our 8-0 win we were only 2-0 up then.

EDIT: Oh, and I was worried about our away form seeing as we seemed to be picking up where we left off. Looks like we're getting over that too (great!), and Wigan actually had 11 men this time (Arsenal, yours was at home against 10 men, that's nothing!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Neymar - the next pele who we missed out on

Neymar - the next pele who we missed out on

Wouldn't be too concerned. If he wants to languish in South America, let him at it, IMO. If he didn't have the ambition and drive to come to any European team (never mind the Champions of England), I'm not sure I'd be bothered that much.

We got Ramires (savage) and we will quite possibly make another signing before the transfer window slams shut. Not a time for doom and gloom!!!

And +12 G.D. after only 2 games!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

Chelsea are ready to make Real Madrid a "super offer" of £33m for Sergio Ramos, with Spain's World Cup winning defender set to earn over £8m net per season over five years.

http://www.marca.com/2010/08/22/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1282468126.html?a=PROC1ea85621d8b9a9620e22dd285d069ec3&t=1282488461

Spainsh link .. are they a good source wouldn't mind a right back ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Chelsea are ready to make Real Madrid a "super offer" of £33m for Sergio Ramos, with Spain's World Cup winning defender set to earn over £8m net per season over five years.

http://www.marca.com/2010/08/22/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1282468126.html?a=PROC1ea85621d8b9a9620e22dd285d069ec3&t=1282488461

Spainsh link .. are they a good source wouldn't mind a right back ;)

Marca= The Sun. We don't need Ramos. Can we have one season where we don't sign a right back?

I wouldn't mind a RB, if Ivanovic indeed does prefer CB it would give us more cover across the whole of defense
    never hugely admired Ramos, and that deal could surely only happen if Mourinho bags Maicon - so would take a lot to happen, and if it does Mourinho would have got a much better deal

I think Ramos is fukken savage, one of the best RB's and general brilliant players going. He'd be a brilliant addition to the club, resulting in a back line of:

==Ramos===Ivanovic==Terry===Cole==

Jesus.... with the likes of Alex, Zhirkov, Ferreira, Van Aanholt, Bruma et al waiting on the bench?!?!? Jesus again...

• Advertisement

jeese, if United had signed this Scholes lad before, we may not have won the league last year ;)

edit: this comment made more sense just after his goal, before his weak ass defensive display

Well done to our neighbours. ;)

Johner wrote: »
    Well done to our neighbours. ;)

Big time... Second year running our SW6 bretheren have tripped up United (tho last year they did a better job of it...)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

I presume Essien was ok after he limped off? :confused:

Burner- wrote: »
    I presume Essien was ok after he limped off? :confused:

No mention of anything on the Chelsea website or anything, so I presume so... Hopefully!!!

I wonder will Chelsea sign anyone else before the summer window closes???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

2 points clear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just back from a 2 week holiday in Crete. Well by holiday i mean booze and more booze with the lads.

I caught every game over, wasnt to disappointed by the Community shield lose, meh, it happens and it means nothing over the course of a season.

The next 2 performances against West Brom and Wigan were what we can expect from the best team England. All the lads I was away with, a mixture of Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal fans were impressed by our displays and who can blame them, we blew away both teams, although we were expected to do so, you can only beat who is put in front of you and 6 points and 12 goals from 2 games is savage.

Love this season already and its great to be back among Chelsea fans for once :cool:

It's a bit early to be counting any chickens just yet, but I was listening to someone saying to me that they thought that Chelsea had only gotten stronger this season; he reasoned this by saying we'd lost a lot of dead weight (Ballack, Deco et al) and hadn't over-bought and brought in more dead wood, but had bought conservatively but sensibly with the acquisitions of Ramires and Benayoun, plus the few kids we got and loaned back out.

This is an incredibly strong squad that Chelsea have, and even with the losses of the older players, we still have some eminently experienced players (Lampard, Terry, Essien, Drogba, Anelka, Cech etc.) who can help usher younger players along by imparting advice and so on.

A bad pre-season didn't worry me too much; let the lads work off the World Cup and summer hangover. When it comes to the business end of things, that's when we need them to shine.

The computer was very kind to Chelsea this season, as our opening run of games was very, very favorable... West Brom (h), Wigan (A), Stoke (h), Blackpool (a). Then we have two very tricky ones in the shape of Man City away and Arsenal at home. But the opening 4 fixtures were something of "the best you could hope for". 12 from 12 is a must.

One thing I must say... I don't think Chelsea will repeat the heroics of defeating the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool home and away this season. They will trip up against one of them somewhere, which is why it will be vital to put away the 'lesser' teams in a fashion similar to how West Brom and Wigan were dispatched.

Man City were a severe banana skin last season, so 3 points against them at home would be crucial. Everton are another team where we failed to take them as we should have. These are games where the concentration must not wane and slip ups minimised.

All told... It's a long way to go until may, and 36 games of football to be played yet. But Chelsea remain the team to beat, the team to be knocked off the pedestal and are still The Champions. Here's hoping it stays that way!

DazMarz wrote: »
    It's a bit early to be counting any chickens just yet, but I was listening to someone saying to me that they thought that Chelsea had only gotten stronger this season; he reasoned this by saying we'd lost a lot of dead weight (Ballack, Deco et al) and hadn't over-bought and brought in more dead wood, but had bought conservatively but sensibly with the acquisitions of Ramires and Benayoun, plus the few kids we got and loaned back out.

This is an incredibly strong squad that Chelsea have, and even with the losses of the older players, we still have some eminently experienced players (Lampard, Terry, Essien, Drogba, Anelka, Cech etc.) who can help usher younger players along by imparting advice and so on.

A bad pre-season didn't worry me too much; let the lads work off the World Cup and summer hangover. When it comes to the business end of things, that's when we need them to shine.

The computer was very kind to Chelsea this season, as our opening run of games was very, very favorable... West Brom (h), Wigan (A), Stoke (h), Blackpool (a). Then we have two very tricky ones in the shape of Man City away and Arsenal at home. But the opening 4 fixtures were something of "the best you could hope for". 12 from 12 is a must.

One thing I must say... I don't think Chelsea will repeat the heroics of defeating the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool home and away this season. They will trip up against one of them somewhere, which is why it will be vital to put away the 'lesser' teams in a fashion similar to how West Brom and Wigan were dispatched.

Man City were a severe banana skin last season, so 3 points against them at home would be crucial. Everton are another team where we failed to take them as we should have. These are games where the concentration must not wane and slip ups minimised.

All told... It's a long way to go until may, and 36 games of football to be played yet. But Chelsea remain the team to beat, the team to be knocked off the pedestal and are still The Champions. Here's hoping it stays that way!

Good post Daz,

2 games in doesnt make us champions, in even though United have slipped up already, it would be naive to think we will not do the same at some stage against a similar team like Fulham.

I really hope we dont slip as much as the rest and retain the league.

On the point about getting rid of the so called dead weight, I think atthe moment it shouldnt effect us but a few injuries and it might show but with the signing of Yossi and Ramires that will bolster our midfield and attacking options and we have enough young players coming in to back up the defence.

The Sergio Ramos link I think will just be all speculation, he is key for Real Madrid, he is one of the best RB around, great going forward, full of energy, great pace, good in the air, decent defender, i would love to have him but I dont know would he leave as he has played at CB for R.Madrid before and could easily slot in their if they sign Maicon for RB.

Im really excited for Anelka, he has started this season really well and after the WC i thought this season he might struggle, but no sign of that so far, he looks really up for it and even at his age his pace is still a huge advantage for us.

Looking forward to our first big tests against City and Arsenal and as Daz has said, it would be really hard to match last year and beat all our rivals, a good 4 points from those 2 games would be more the adequate IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Spot the BS in thishttp://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-in-33m-Ramos-bid-article562179.html

Someones looking for a new contract me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Spot the BS in thishttp://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-in-33m-Ramos-bid-article562179.html

Utter crap me thinks, cant really see Chelsea paying that sort of money for a player in the near future tbh.

Raedwald wrote: »
    Utter crap me thinks, cant really see Chelsea paying that sort of money for a player in the near future tbh.
    MUSEIST wrote: »

I think we were linked with him a few years back as well for something in the 20-25 million price range. I dont see Jose selling him though, not after his WC with Spain, he was one of there most under-rated players at the tournament and always bombed on and gave them an attacking option down the right.

Him and A.Cole on opposite flanks would be a nightmare for any team I can imagine. :eek:

Even if Madrid get Maicon... Can't see them letting Ramos slip through a net and go to England, especially to another Champions League challenging team (as I reckon Madrid will be genuine challengers this season, tbh).

That said... If there is a football God up there somewhere... Let this come true!!! What a back 4 we'd have then!!!:D

Matic and Rajkovic on the way to Vitesse on loan here

Reserves playing some lovely stuff against Everton! 1-0 up through Borini. Josh is having some game, what a talent he is.

• Advertisement

what happened to Conor Clifford?
    is he still playing reserves/underage?

He's playing tonight for the reserves, tidy game from him so far. He will start most reserve games this season.

He's playing tonight for the reserves, tidy game from him so far. He will start most reserve games this season.

cool and what age is he? is he still shaping up to be the next Lampard for chelsea and ireland? or is his stock waning?

City are playing some good yet not terribly exciting football against Liverpoolm tonight

He's 18, 19 in October I think.

He had a brilliant season last season in the Youth Cup winning side and in the reserves. He looks very promising and it won't be long before he's in the Ireland squad imo. He said himself he'd like to go out on loan this season and I'd like to see it as well.

Finished 1-1 against Everton with the reserves, that Irish lad clifford , does he ever get on the bench for main games with the senior squad ?

• Advertisement

the_monkey wrote: »
    Finished 1-1 against Everton with the reserves, that Irish lad clifford , does he ever get on the bench for main games with the senior squad ?

No, Clifford has never been near the senior squad before. Many of the reserves (Borini, Kakuta, Bruma et al) have, but Clifford is probably in the worst position out of all the reserves/youths; Central Midfield... a position many players on the senior squad have wrapped up, so he'd be unlikely to get in there. Loan spell out to help him on I reckon...

Think he needs a full season in the reserves before he goes on loan

Think he needs a full season in the reserves before he goes on loan

Dunno... I'd have him playing first team, competetive football. Reserves is ok, but if he went on loan to a Championship team or something I reckon it would be better. Give him more experience.

See that next year's pre-season games are being arranged already, with one confirmed in Bangkok.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2132615,00.html

Ashley Cole would wanna be very careful over there... If she looks too good to be true... She probably is!:D

Matej Delac has joined the two lads on loan at Vitesse

DazMarz wrote: »
    Dunno... I'd have him playing first team, competetive football. Reserves is ok, but if he went on loan to a Championship team or something I reckon it would be better. Give him more experience.

Thing about the reserves league this year is with the new structure it will be very competitive with games against teams like United and Liverpool, although as you say it would be good for him to go out on loan.

Haven't seen anything official or unofficial... any more word on Ramos?

Or any other signings???

Just will be interesting to see, tbh.

BBC latest news is still Wigan 0 -6 Chelsea ... :):):) ....

So no new signings on the horizon as of yet - I don't think there will be any to be honest .

Perhaps in January.

I feel very condident.

It is a beautifull time to be a Chelsea fan.

I bloody Love Chelsea ME.

That is all .

There is no way we will pay the money being quoted for Ramos. It's all so he can get a new contract at Real imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

There is no way we will pay the money being quoted for Ramos. It's all so he can get a new contract at Real imo.

Ramos is defensively weak and I don't think he's a natural RB either so tbh I'd prefer Bos or Ivan.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement