Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Wonder what number they gave him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Anyone know how much Benayoun cost us? As long as he is not our premier signing this year he might be a decent addition to squad (maybe, perhaps, possibly, thinking positive thoughts, thinking positive thoughts etc etc.)

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Anyone know how much Benayoun cost us? As long as he is not our premier signing this year he might be a decent addition to squad (maybe, perhaps, possibly, thinking positive thoughts, thinking positive thoughts etc etc.)

Undisclosed, so probably about 5 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

think ill stick in my new jersey order now, get Yossi on the back...
    whos with me?!:D
    come on Yossi oul boy, do us proud!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

papagormo wrote: »

Thin I'll hold out on that one ! :D See who else we sign and if not it'll be Essien

papagormo wrote: »

I have myself booked into a tattooist to have his likeness inked on my arm, which is the very least I, and all Chelsea fans, should be willing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Welcome to SB Yossi, could be a good squad player, if plan A isn't working we stick him on, wouldn't have been my choice tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not my choice at all, but he is a very good player and is a useful addition to the squad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Strange singing is Yossi , although he has impressed me at times at Liverpool but never thought of him as a player I would of been keen to see at the bridge .

Il give him this much he never gives up and gives his all when he plays which straight away puts him ahead of Mr Ballack .

Good squad player singing !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

this baffles me...
    is this Ancellottis first signing??

im actually so stupidly jealous of man city right now making these headline signings, id have loved silva(for cole) and toure(for ballack/belletti)...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

LanceStorm wrote: »
    this baffles me...
    is this Ancellottis first signing??

im actually so stupidly jealous of man city right now making these headline signings, id have loved silva(for cole) and toure(for ballack/belletti)...

No Yuri was his first signing .

No Yuri was his first signing .

I still count him as Hiddinks signing or at least his recommendation!

I still count him as Hiddinks signing or at least his recommendation!

Yuri signed well before Ancelloti came.

According to Daily Mail it will only take 20 mil to sign Aguero????

smuckers wrote: »

lolwut, didn't they sign him for around that?

• Advertisement

His price has certainly dropped.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

smuckers wrote: »

When I win the euromillions I will happily give roman a loan of 20 mill for him, Worth every cent.

ALso remember the daily sh!te is widely used as toilet paper and I would not believe a word of it.

anyone heard of this guy??

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6244240,00.html

of all the players at the world cup, im surprised this is the one were interested in!! the way Germany are playing at the mo id love to sign Oezil, Mueller or Khedira!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

anyone heard of this guy??

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6244240,00.html

of all the players at the world cup, im surprised this is the one were interested in!! the way Germany are playing at the mo id love to sign Oezil, Mueller or Khedira!!

He is absolute quality, excellent all round midfielder.

25m release fee apparently. Didn't he sign a contract extension last seaon? Looked decent enough from what I have seen from him in the WC. It will certainly be interesting to see who we sign this summer. I think a lot of fans are going to be dissappointed as I don't see the big name signing being done.

• Advertisement

The Portuguese press have us in for Meriles, also after Muller.

Wouldnt be too keen on Meriles.

Wouldnt be too keen on Meriles.

True that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Ramires is interesting, very pacy, good passer, young and a hard worker. My concern is that he is a bit light weight for the premier league. Raul mereles is meh, i dont know.

ahh sure, we can always buy back that full bakc we sold to city, what was his name again...:)
    Yuri can play there, and theres a few younger players coming up so if Ashley were to leave (personally i hope he stays) i think we will be covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

The amount of bad joo joo surrounding Ashley, is it worth it? Him havin a laugh as hes gettin off the plane is no biggie, but the allegations of sendin 'erotic pics' to a model hours before his England games kicked off..

Well if ashley was to go to madrid then we should look to do a deal involving kaka.:D:D:D

According to tomorrows rags we are front runners for Torres, Mueller, Meireles, Ramieres and Aguero :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

if his world cup has been anything to go by, id say neigh to torres, let the younger lads have a go.

In fairness he is class and will come good again, but for the money needed to get him it's not worth it, and I think we have given them enough money this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I have a funny feeling Chelsea fans are gonna end up pretty disappointed at the Summer's aquisitions tbh. Benayoun will replace Cole, I think ye'll get another midfielder in and I can see Ash Cole going the opposite way. I think money's tighter than ye will need to get the likes of Schweinsteiger anyway. Munich would want insane money for him now after the World Cup he's had.

yeah although if Mascherano were to become available, id be saying throw in a cheeky bid there. dont think we need Torres, Drogs had another amazing season, Anelka stepped up when called upon, Kalou came good towards the end of the season, and Sturridge must surely be pushing for a few starts this season. get in Aguero in at the right price then happy days, no need to go spending 40-50 million on one player i think.

Ive been saying that all summer. I feel if we can hold onto our squad as it is an integrate our reserves/youths, we will be in a good position to retain the league. We could certainly do with an extra body in midfield though. Schweinsteiger would be amazing but it's never gonna happen. Money and cutting wages is the most important thing at the club now. It's time for the younger players to step up I think.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I have a funny feeling Chelsea fans are gonna end up pretty disappointed at the Summer's aquisitions tbh. Benayoun will replace Cole, I think ye'll get another midfielder in and I can see Ash Cole going the opposite way. I think money's tighter than ye will need to get the likes of Schweinsteiger anyway. Munich would want insane money for him now after the World Cup he's had.

I'm certain we'll see one marquee signing. Probs withing 25-45 region. The only thing putting Abromovich off is the uefa rules that will be implemented. The reason I think that is because no way they'd let Ballack, Deco, Belletti and Cole go without having some top quality replacements lined up. I'm pretty sure a serious enquiry was made about Schweinsteiger and maybe even Lahm. We were interested in Toure and Silva, but in the end even though both players stated they'd prefer a move to Chelsea, we were either outbid ( Toure) or unwilling ( Silva).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So signed in after a weekend away just to post about Yussi, FFS.

All we can do is get on with it and hope we improve the squad in general and hopefully add a real top, top quality player or two.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Well if ashley was to go to madrid then we should look to do a deal involving kaka.:D:D:D

God no.

I don't want Cole going anywhere, He is one of the best left back's in the world along with Evra. There is no point in selling our best players.

Seems like this Meireles story has legs. If we sign him then there will certainly be no Bastian. Also Porto have just signed Joao Moutinho for around 14m which would suggest Meireles is on the way out. I know which one I would have rathered.......

• Advertisement

Academy takes on fresh talent
    As Carlo Ancelotti and his squad prepare for the beginning of pre-season training this morning, so too does the Academy and its fresh intake of youngsters.

There is often a 'first day back at school' feel to pre-season training at Cobham. Spare a thought then for the first-year scholars in the Academy, who begin their full-time football education this morning.

Academy manager Neil Bath and his assistant Jim Fraser give us the run-down on the seven lads joining us at our state-of-the-art facility for 2010/11 , and one who joins but returns to his former club for the season ahead.

Amin Affane (Date of birth - 21/1/94)

Amin is a left-sided player, but predominantly an attack-minded central midfielder who comes in from Sweden, his former club was Lärje/Angereds IF.

Jamal Blackman (27/10/93)

A goalkeeper from Croydon, Jemal is 6ft 5in already, very agile and joined the Academy fairly late at Under 13. Also involved in the England setup, he played for Chelsea in the Cobham Cup, the international tournament we hosted in August 2008.

Todd Kane (17/9/93)

Toddy has been at the club since he was an Under 8. He comes from Cambridge and is a very quick right-back, comfortable on the ball and tenacious in the tackle. He also played in the youth team last season.

Reece Loudon (2/10/93)

A lad from Stevenage, Reece is a left-midfielder, made his debut at left-back for the reserves last season and joined the Academy at Under 13.

Archange Nkumu (5/11/93)

A boy from North London who joined the Academy at Under 10, Archange can play holding midfield and has played most of the last year as a centre-half for the Under 16s.

Danny Mills Pappoe (30/12/93)

Danny featured many times for the reserves last season and was an important member of the youth squad, though he missed the Youth Cup Final through injury. Hailing from Deptford, he joined us at Under 12 and is a solid centre-half.

Danny Stenning (18/2/94)

A central midfielder from Tulse Hill, Danny joined the Academy at Under 14, and is a tidy little player who doesn't give the ball away a lot, has a great attitude and is strong in the tackle.

Tomas Kalas (15/5/93)

Tomas has signed but will spend the first year on loan at his club, Sigma Olomouc in the Czech Republic.

He is now going into the Under 18s, and made his first-team debut last season. Very athletic and quick, he is a very good one-on-one defender and comfortable on the ball.

We feel there is a lot of potential in the player, and we feel at the minute it is the right time to get him, but it would be good for him to stay there and get first team experience, and we look forward to him joining us next year. Obviously we will stay in touch and he will come across here when appropriate. He is a right-sided centre-half who can play right-back.

Will be interesting to see how they get on over the coming season.

It will be good to see if Jamal Blackman can keep his progression up, I have heard only good things about the lad, could be a future number 1.

Seems like this Meireles story has legs. If we sign him then there will certainly be no Bastian. Also Porto have just signed Joao Moutinho for around 14m which would suggest Meireles is on the way out. I know which one I would have rathered.......

I agree, I would rather have taking Moutinho, he has more about him going forward then Meireles and at 14million that is a good price for him.

0,,10268~8878175,00.jpg

Go on Benny.

Johner wrote: »
    0,,10268~8878175,00.jpg

Go on Benny.

Anyway we can photoshop that picture so its Schweinsteiger/Aguero or any other player we are linked too :pac:

On serious note, now that he is part of the squad I hope he can put in a few displays when he gets the chance.

i will give him my support i suppose, he might offer us something different and win us a few games from the bench!!

that statement will only apply if we sign some other players however i actually want first!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

FÚCK OFF YOSSI!!!

was still hoping this wouldn't be true ,,,, jesus ... we have hit rock bottom and season hasn't even started ...

Barça sign Villa ... we sign a sunday leaguer...

the_monkey wrote: »
    FÚCK OFF YOSSI!!!

was still hoping this wouldn't be true ,,,, jesus ... we have hit rock bottom and season hasn't even started ...

Barça sign Villa ... we sign a sunday leaguer...

:eek: Easy tiger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

You'll learn to like him. I'm sad he's left, always comes up with a few goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

the_monkey wrote: »
    we have hit rock bottom and season hasn't even started ...

Not this again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Johner wrote: »
    God no.

I don't want Cole going anywhere, He is one of the best left back's in the world along with Evra. There is no point in selling our best players.

It seems pretty much inevitable at this stage. "I hate England and the f*cking people" was not the best thing to say and even his excuse for saying it suggests he's fed up playing for England and Chelsea. Apparently he's been getting death threats as a result. I'd put money on him being a Real player next season.

If that results in Kaka coming here, it makes the best of a bad situation.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement