Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Anyone know anything about this guy - Chu-Young Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The Sun reports Chelsea are contemplating an £8m bid for South Korean star Chu-Young Park.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

According to SSN we are in for Stoke City goalkeeper Begovic.

Who also refused to play in their Cup game last night.

Interesting if true, seems like a decent enough keeper.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Ramos is defensively weak and I don't think he's a natural RB either so tbh I'd prefer Bos or Ivan.

I would happily swap them a fit Bosingwa and a few million for Ramos.

No way would i let them take Ivanovic though.

I think Ramos and Bosingwa are similar, in that their best work is going forward but for me Ramos is a better overall player then Bosingwa, Bosingwa maybe be slightly better going forward but Ramos is better at the back and better in the air and can slot in at CB if he has to.

I dont expect anything to happen anyway so I wont be holding my breath or expecting much from the Ramos story tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

Thats what i thought when i heard he didn't play last night ... Love to have ramos unlikely though ... but you never know !

Yeh agreed great time to be Chelsea fan !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Johner wrote: »
    The Sun reports Chelsea are contemplating an £8m bid for South Korean star Chu-Young Park.

:pac:

that would make samsung veery happy indeed:p

On ramos, that aint going to happen lads, nice dream though.

Begovic does look like a good keeper and would be a decent number 2

I see yesterday wwe were linke to both demichelis and burdisso.....meh, no thanks:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

MUSEIST wrote: »
    that would make samsung veery happy indeed:p

On ramos, that aint going to happen lads, nice dream though.

Begovic does look like a good keeper and would be a decent number 2

I see yesterday wwe were linke to both demichelis and burdisso.....meh, no thanks:eek:

Burdisso would be decent cover, Demichelis is a plank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Burdisso would be decent cover, Demichelis is a plank.
    totally agree about demichelis hope he doesnt end up coming to us

Just seen the Champions Leagues seeding this year, Chelsea are in pot 1 as expected, but in Pot 2 and who we could potentially draw........Real Madrid. :eek: Also, Werder Bremen are in Pot 2 and a team id rather avoid.

I really hope we dont draw Real Madrid in our group but if we do id expect us to battle with them for top spot in the group and at least avoid them for the 1st knockout stage matches.

• Advertisement

Don't want a repeat of what a Mourinho team did to us last season. :(

Don't want a repeat of what Mourinho team did to us last season. :(

Much better

Don't want a repeat of what a Mourinho team did to us last season. :(

the thingis this year I expect Real Madrid to win the thing, last year i wouldnt have said Inter had the players to win it.

But with Mourinho in charge any club has a chance I guess. If we dont win it this year i would love for Jose to become the 1st manager to retain the Chmapions League, in its current format.

Also he would be the first manager to win it with 3 different clubs.

:(

Anyway Mancienne is back out on loan at Wolves. Have a sneaky feeling we will sell him to them after this loan spell.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2134624,00.html

gavredking wrote: »
    Also he would be the first manager to win it with 3 different clubs.

That would hurt.

Porto
    Inter
    Chelsea
    Real

Anyway Mancienne is back out on loan at Wolves. Have a sneaky feeling we will sell him to them after this loan spell.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2134624,00.html

I expect that as well, although losing Sam Hutchinson could mean we keep Mancienne on the books if he does well at Wolves.
    That would hurt.

Porto
    Inter
    Chelsea
    Real

I know, sickening to think. I fully expect Jose to be back for a second spell with us though in the not so distant future, I think he cant go through his career and not come back to us for one more stint. Heres hoping anyway :D

• Advertisement

Chelsea fan vs Liverpool fan

^^^^LMAO, classic:D

Looking forward to the draw later, some nasty teams in there. Hope we avoid long trips to russia.

^^^^LMAO, classic:D

Looking forward to the draw later, some nasty teams in there. Hope we avoid long trips to russia.

I just want to avoid a trip to the Bernabeu in the group stages and if possible, throughout the competition.

If we avoid Mourinho this year I think we can go far in it.

Although my dream final would be for us to beat Spurs/Man Utd/Arsenal in the semis and Real Madrid to beat Barca in the other semi and then beat Real in the final. :pac:

One can dream :cool:

No Real, shame would have liked to have dominated them early on.

Happy with Marseille so far, Drogba going back to his old club. :)

• Advertisement

McGeady is going down. :D

^^^^moscow and marseille, not too bad

Trip to Russia will be the worst thing!

zlina who?

Chelsea
    Marseille
    Spartak Moscow
    Zilina

Should be topping that with ease!

Decent draw for us but real, milan, ajaxand auxerre:eek::eek:

Good bit of travelling though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

zlina who?

MSK Zilina, the Slovak champions. We beat them to reach the group stage in 03-04.

Yeah, I'm pleased with that draw, no trouble atall atall. Marseille might force a draw at the Stade Velodrome but we should top it easily.

On another note, I got the new 3rd kit today. I like it but I'm not thrilled that the vertical stripes are printed on like the sponsor logo.

Have ye all seen the custom CL print? Not the common adidas one, our own. Has the Chelsea lion in the numbers!

CFC1905_NK wrote: »

Have ye all seen the custom CL print? Not the common adidas one, our own. Has the Chelsea lion in the numbers!

Sounds cool and eh custom :pac:

Does every club have their own this year or something? Was never found of the CL print..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

Sounds cool and eh custom :pac:

Does every club have their own this year or something? Was never found of the CL print..

I'd say big clubs do - seen Spurs', Liverpool's(even though they're Europa), Real Madrid's, Barca's. Milan, Inter, Real, Barca all usually have their own anyway, even for domestic league.

For ye who've yet to see it, http://www.chelseamegastore.com/stores/chelsea/products/product_browse.aspx?free_text=champions%20league%202010%2F11

• Advertisement

Happy with the draw, should top the group with at least 4 wins.

As has been said, there is an awful lot of travelling to be done but to top the group nd hopefully pull an easier draw in the 2nd round would be sweet.

At least the match is on Setanta tomorrow so there should be a few decent streams about. Another 6-0 would be nice. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I suspect this one will be a bit closer.
    At least the match is on Setanta tomorrow so there should be a few decent streams about. Another 6-0 would be nice. ;)

Yeah I know. An early goal should do the trick.

Yup, a good stream hopefully for tomorrow and i'll be sorted :)

Ill take a handy 2 - 0 and 3 points. Keep up the winning ways and a clean sheet and im happy.

But if we get 6 i dont think ill complain, for arguements sake, a Lampard hatrick of goals and assists and the same from Drogba will really help my Fantasy League team :pac:

gavredking wrote: »
    Yup, a good stream hopefully for tomorrow and i'll be sorted :)

Ill take a handy 2 - 0 and 3 points. Keep up the winning ways and a clean sheet and im happy.

But if we get 6 i dont think ill complain, for arguements sake, a Lampard hatrick of goals and assists and the same from Drogba will really help my Fantasy League team :pac:

I do have a feeling it's going to be a tough game. 2 or 3 nil to us in the end though hopefully. Hoping Ramires plays some part.

I do have a feeling it's going to be a tough game. 2 or 3 nil to us in the end though hopefully. Hoping Ramires plays some part.

True, as I said, 3 points and I dont care about the performance or if we win 2 - 1.

Id hope Ramires plays some part to but against Stoke Im not sure if Carlo will drop him in or even give him a run.

Stoke are a very tough, physical, closing down side, so Carlo might put him in the squad but im not sure if he will risk him at all. either way i cant wait to see Ramires. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Some tough group for Real Madrid there, easiest group is Barça's .... (fix) ...

anyway, I think i'll be ignoring europe this summer cos Barça have won it.

no one is beating them this season.

no one.

the_monkey wrote: »

no one.

Ah monkey come on now cut the crap. :)

• Advertisement

no one.

:eek::eek::o:pac:

The season hasn't even started yet, they have their biggest task in 3 years to retain La Liga. No team is unbeatable, with a fit Essien bullying their midfield I'm confident we'd get a 0-0 away from home and with a clinical Drogba brace at the Bridge we'd go through comfortably :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

no one.

ohhh really...! rarrr..manly Chelsea fans!:D

RAMIRES: I NEED TO WORK HARD
    Posted on: Fri 27 Aug 2010

Ramires is fully aware of the challenge that lies ahead as he attempts to break into a strong first team and compete in the Barclays Premier League.

The young Brazilian is keen to get to work and prove his capabilities to both manager and fans but knows how difficult making the starting line-up will be.

'I feel like any player who joins such a big club like Chelsea,' said Ramires. 'Now I hope I can give my best and do well like I have done at previous clubs.

'I have to work hard. When you sign a contract with Chelsea, it never has a clause saying you will be a starting-line-up player.

'So I just need to try, work hard and hopefully I'll get into the team.

'I understand the challenge ahead, the nature of the Premier League and Champions League.

'If I wasn't prepared I would not sign for such a big club. I know the challenges that lie ahead and I just hope to be part of the team for these challenges.'

Another challenge for the 23 year old is learning English, although he does have several players at the ground who speak Portuguese, including his fellow countryman Alex.

'On the pitch I am communicating with the players in football terms, but the Portuguese players and also Alex have been trying to help me [with English].

'I will dedicate myself to learn the language as soon as possible but all the players have been very helpful, even the ones who don't speak Portuguese.'

For now he has to learn about his upcoming opponents in the Barclays Premier League and Champions League, although this is something he is ready for.

'I always study the opponents before I play them, so that's what I will be doing before we face all of our opponents this season.'

First of those will be Stoke City tomorrow. Ramires is aware of our 7-0 thumping last time we faced the Potters but although we've netted 12 times in our first two games, he is not expecting the score to be too prolific.

Instead all he's aiming for is another three points: 'Every game is different and obviously the mood is to win the game.

'If we win by one goal then it's three points. What's important is the three points.'

The midfielder will embark on his first away trip the following week, when we head east to Upton Park, where he'll have to take part in a blue tradition.

'I was told about this tradition of singing a song to the team yesterday,' explained the Brazilian.

'But I will be able to sing at the next away game so at least I have a week to prepare and learn the song!'

:)

What are the chances of another 6-0, lol.

Cant wait to have a look at ramires.:D

What are the chances of another 6-0, lol.

Cant wait to have a look at ramires.:D

20/1 on Paddy Power.

Newcastle in the Carling Cup.

• Advertisement

1 Petr Cech
    19 Paulo Ferreira
    33 Alex
    26 John Terry (c)
    3 Ashley Cole
    5 Michael Essien
    12 John Mikel Obi
    8 Frank Lampard
    39 Nicolas Anelka
    11 Didier Drogba
    15 Florent Malouda

Subs: 22 Ross Turnbull, 38 Patrick van Aanholt, 18 Yury Zhirkov, 7 Ramires, 10 Yossi Benayoun, 21 Salomon Kalou, 23 Daniel Sturridge.

1 Petr Cech
    19 Paulo Ferreira
    33 Alex
    26 John Terry (c)
    3 Ashley Cole
    5 Michael Essien
    12 John Mikel Obi
    8 Frank Lampard
    39 Nicolas Anelka
    11 Didier Drogba
    15 Florent Malouda

Subs: 22 Ross Turnbull, 38 Patrick van Aanholt, 18 Yury Zhirkov, 7 Ramires, 10 Yossi Benayoun, 21 Salomon Kalou, 23 Daniel Sturridge.

wheres ivan:confused:

Injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

look a bit light on cover at cb i think, if terry or alex went off today would essien need to be pushed back there?

What a bench .. seriously no-one can compete with that in the epl

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement