Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

agree quality bench

If terry/alex were interested then i assume bruma would step in, but i do think we need a new cb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

anyone got linkage to a match stream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

crikey lampard missed the peno :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

brmccfc wrote: »
    crikey lampard missed the peno :O

reminded me of Berbs peno last year . . He didnt show much conviction ! !

ya it just seemed to be way too casual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

he has scored 27 in 30 penalty attemts in league in fairness

Essien has been superb so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Frank had a very poor game but a wins a win.

Mikel and JT excellent

essien is a beast

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Mikel was excellent today again, did ye see his lovely piece of skill to knock the ball over Jones, pure class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Essien, Terry and Mikel all had good games today. We needed to grind out a result and they were the work horses. I'm not Mikel's biggest fan but he has been pretty faultless this season.

Essien and Mikel were excellent, Malouda,Alex,Terry and Cole did well. Drogba and Anelka were quiet enough and Lampard had a terrible game. Ferriera was shocking imo, he's slow and gets caught out way too much.

Lampard to have hernia surgery during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

This morning's Sunday Times: Ian Hawkey predicts that Chelsea reach the CL final, but get beaten by Barcelona. Let's hope that the latter part doesn't happen.

Matter of fact, he predicted the same finalists and outcome last season, but it turned out way wrong.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/28/frank-lampard-england-groin-operation

Looks like Lampard needs groin surjery, but will be back in time for west ham game, perfect timing, nice one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Just shows you, a little bit of faith from higher up can do wonders for a players game. Malouda's shit hot at the moment.. strange to think he was ever on the outside looking in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think all Malouda needed was time, his first season was very stop start, he looked decent in patches but was never consistent.

He came from Lyon with a big reputation as a goal getter and a guy that could set up a goal.

He is now showing his full potential at Chelsea and is now one of the first players I look for when a Chelsea team is announced. His ability to adapt and play very well from midfield after arriving as a winger is a great example of how good he is.

I love Florent Malouda :D

Di Santo on his way to Wigan for 2m

• Advertisement

Di Santo on his way to Wigan for 2m

Was never gonna get a look in this year with Borini and Sturridge both ahead of him in the pecking order.

Shame for him really, I thought he had a chance of making it with us but to no avail.

I really hope we can get Gael Kakuta back in the 1st team and continue his progress.

gavredking wrote: »
    Was never gonna get a look in this year with Borini and Sturridge both ahead of him in the pecking order.

Shame for him really, I thought he had a chance of making it with us but to no avail.

I really hope we can get Gael Kakuta back in the 1st team and continue his progress.

I'm sure we'll see a fair bit of him this season once he recovers from his injury. Definitely needs to bulk up though. As does Ramires by the looks of it.

I'm sure we'll see a fair bit of him this season once he recovers from his injury. Definitely needs to bulk up though. As does Ramires by the looks of it.

True, I think Kakuta needs to have a bit more about him in regards upper body strength but his slight frame could also be an advantage if the ref's think he is getting bullied and pushed over he could win us more free kicks and penalties.

I think Ramires will be ok, he will adapt to the Premier League fairly quickly, hopefully he wont have to bulk up to much as he is quite quick for a midfielder and that injection of pace in the centre of the park can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Obaraten wrote: »
    What was the game like lads,how did we play?didnt see the match cos of work:mad:

It wasn't so good to watch, I felt very uneasy just because of the pace of the game, it was slow enough that Stoke could have nicked a goal if luck was on their side. Sure one of their lads, Whelan? he could have broken Cech's crossbar had he hit his shot a little harder.

It wasn't so good to watch, I felt very uneasy just because of the pace of the game, it was slow enough that Stoke could have nicked a goal if luck was on their side. Sure one of their lads, Whelan? he could have broken Cech's crossbar had he hit his shot a little harder.

True, it was Whelan who smashed the bar of the under side of the bar.

2 - 0 was deserved I think, Stoke were never going to come and play as open as West brom did or even try and attack us like Wigan tried at the DW Stadium, Stoke are a grinder of a team and they are very good at it, we looked good for the 3 points and we deserved, we will play alot better teams that will want to play football with us but i think when you beat the Stoke's of this world, the really hard to break down, work horse like teams, its as good as beating any of the top teams as Stoke will cause all teams problems.

Delighted with the start, 3 games in, 14 goals scored, 0 conceded, Drogba scoring, so is Malouda, Anelka is chipping in and the defence looks solid, when we have Ivanovic fit we will have a back four of Ivanovic Terry Alex A.Cole and there is no back four unit around as good as that unit.

Cech has made a great start to, commanding his defence and he looks to be getting back to where he was 4 years ago, the best keeper in the world.

Our midfield is immense, what can ya say about Lamps that hasnt been said before? Hes brillant, Mikel has started this season on fire, Essien is just a beast and he gives us that extra dimension in there, and we have a Brazilian International, Ramires to join that midfield.

This season is shaping up to be a great year IMO.

We also have great youth coming through, so im optimistic for them also.

On a side note, did anyone catch Real Madrid's first game under Mourinho?
    Carvalho was immense, I mean he was easily there best player, granted alot of there players under performed but it showed the truth worth of a top class defender, which Riccy still is, sad to see him at Madrid but delighted he is doing well for himself.

• Advertisement

Drogba has withdrawn from Ivory Coast duty for the forseeable future. Can only be good news for us.

Drogba has withdrawn from Ivory Coast duty for the forseeable future. Can only be good news for us.

I thought he would have retired from international football after the WC, either way this is great news for us anyway.

Despite Carlo's comments, anyone reckon we may make a late splurge in the market? Begovic and one more I reckon.

Don't worry about Kakuta he's not being forgotten, he's injured has a back injury.

Ivan could be out for 2 to 6 weeks with same injury!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

looks like we will have to rely on Paulo for a few weeks

Ivanovic out with back injury 2-6 weeks

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6348786,00.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I was expecting another big name all rite but now I am thinking if it aint broken dont fix it !

Aslo anyone of a betting nature , David Moyes price to be the next Villa manger has tumbled from 33-1 to 7-2 on paddypower and you might get 9-10's on betfair.

Has anyone been having problems with getting tickets delivered from the club ?

My ticket for the Stoke game never arrived , something came up and I was going to give it to one of the folks on here , rang up they box office to see if they would allow them to collect it on my behalf and they would not entertain it what so ever.

My ticket for the Blackpool game arrived this morning , usually arrive about 2 days after I order but this time it took a week !

• Advertisement

ivan is a huge loss, I think ferreira is poor tbh. I am suprised we have not gone in for another defender this summer. But hey we aint doing to badly at the moment anyway.

What has happened malouda, he is now one of our best player but when he first arrived he was sh!t. I think I used to describe him as a'donkey' and rightly so. But what a turn around by him.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ah very bad news about Brana. Ferreira cannot be trusted at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I remember Malouda denying this story but it was funnily enough January when he turned things around and got regular starts.

Though the lads gone for the African Nations probably gave him that chance to prove himself.

Lucky we have a 2 week break. What sort of defence would play next week with Ivan, Terry and Bruma out. Will be a long season. Dario Srna anyone?

Lucky we have a 2 week break. What sort of defence would play next week with Ivan, Terry and Bruma out. Will be a long season. Dario Srna anyone?

Just throw Essien in there, he can do the job. :cool:

Paulo Alex Essien Cole :pac:

Throw Ramires into midfield then. :D

Is it time to give Van Aanholt a chance a right back? Imagine if we had Sam Hutchinson available? Surely he would have got a chance at right back in Ivanovic's and Bosingwa's absence.

No signings will be made today reporting BBC twitter, but Di Santo could go and a few youngsters could go out on loan.

smuckers wrote: »
    No signings will be made today reporting BBC twitter, but Di Santo could go and a few youngsters could go out on loan.

Not surprising if we dont sign anyone. Wouldnt expect to many departures though, I think Carlo did the right thing and sorted his business out as soon as he could to get the squad together quicker, granted the Ramires deal seem to drag a bit but we got him in the end. :)

Di Santo gone to Wigan on a 3 year contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

Damn undisclosed fees. Wish they'd say just how much they went for...

• Advertisement

About 2 or 3 million I'd imagine.

So transfer windows closed, are we confident in the squad we have?

As people have stated, we maybe are a bit light at the back and may need one of the young guns to step up .

With Brana now injured for a few weeks and percy gone I really was expecting some cover .

Some singing for Sunderland , was hoping we would of went in Gyan, only paid 13mil for him which in todays market is a great price. He will really add to the Sunderland team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

As people have stated, we maybe are a bit light at the back and may need one of the young guns to step up .

With Brana now injured for a few weeks and percy gone I really was expecting some cover .

Some singing for Sunderland , was hoping we would of went in Gyan, only paid 13mil for him which in todays market is a great price. He will really add to the Sunderland team.

He was fantastic at the WC but it's always a risk buying based on that. A year at Rennes and he really hasn't done much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Lukker- wrote: »
    He was fantastic at the WC but it's always a risk buying based on that. A year at Rennes and he really hasn't done much.

Exactly Gyan didnt exactly light up Italy or France at club level. Take out the WC and he was never moving for £13m. He did look good at the WC but WC form can be very misleading when judging quality players. His build and pace may suit the PL but it is a big risk for a club like Sunderland. The £8m for Jones would have helped but will a Bent and Gyan partnership flourish? They seem similar type of players.

Very confident, we have added Ramires and Yossi, delighted with Ramires and Yossi hopefully can add something different, and couple that with Essien coming back to full health and fitness, im very confident we can push on from last year and hopefully dominant the English League and push on in the Champions League.

With Bruma, Van Aanholt, Kakuta, Borini, Sturridge all knocking on the door I think we have a great mix of youth and experience for the first time in years at Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I would have hated to get Gyan. Even at the world cup his finishing was dreadful.

He just kept getting penalties, so had plenty of practice for that last one (unlike our Terry)

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2141682,00.html
    DELAC SIGNED ON AND LOANED OUT
    Posted on: Wed 01 Sep 2010

Goalkeeper Matej Delac, who turned 18 last month, has signed as a professional for Chelsea and has been loaned for the season to Vitesse Arnhem.

The Croatian had previously been subject to a pre-contract agreement and spent a fortnight training with our first team in December.

He joins from Croatian top-flight side Inter Zapresic where he played in the first team and he represented his nation at the recent European Under 19 Championships.

His side reached the semi-finals before being beaten 2-1 by France. Gael Kakuta was a scorer past our new keeper in that match, the first time Delac had been beaten for three matches in the tournament.

The 6ft 3in keeper joins Serbians Nemanja Matic and Slobodan Rajkovic as Chelsea players on loan at Vitesse who play in the Dutch top division.

Click to read Delac's thoughts back in March on his impeding move to Chelsea.

great to see Bruma signing a new 4 year deal,

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2141953,00.html
    FOUR-YEAR DEAL FOR BRUMA
    Posted on: Wed 01 Sep 2010

Jeffrey Bruma has signed a new contract that ensures his future is at Chelsea until at least 2014.

The 18-year-old, who has been with the club since 2007, became a professional last summer and has since made his Chelsea first team and Dutch full national team debuts. He was also a major player in the youth team's FA Youth Cup triumph last season.

He has made four substitute appearances for the first team, including one in the Community Shield last month but has since undergone surgery on a hernia.

Speaking to the Official Chelsea Website today having put his signature to the new deal, Bruma was pleased his progress has been recognised.

'I am very happy to stay here,' he said. 'I have been working to improve all the time I have been here and a next step is getting your next contract, and now it is time to improve again.

'I often speak to [assistant first team coach] Paul Clement because when I came over here as a 15-year-old and was in the youth team, he was the youth team manager. We sit down and lay out a sheet of targets. We did this when we were away in the Champions League in Milan last season.

'I have made my international debut already and that was the aim for two or three years' time. It has come so early and when you reach your targets you obviously have to set new ones, so my new targets are to play as much as I can at Chelsea in the first team and get in the Dutch full squad again as soon as I am fit.'

Bruma's first international cap came in a friendly against Ukraine, a game for which The Netherlands rested all their World Cup players. It placed him in direct opposition to Andriy Shevchenko.

His injury means it is unknown whether he would have retained his place in the squad for this week's Euro 2012 qualifiers but he is happy with the way his first taste of the big international scene went.

'I started in the centre of the defence and it was quite a young team but it was a good game. We were 1-0 up until eight minutes to go. Ukraine scored from a free-kick but overall I think we were the better side.

'There were a lot of rumours last season that I might go to the World Cup. I never believed it but I saw it as a complement because it is a sign that you are doing well and people think about you. It was too early as well. They did very well in the World Cup and then one month after the final, I am in the squad and it was worth the wait.'

Bruma is currently working hard on rehabilitation with physio Thierry Laurent and massage therapist Stuart Sullivan, who accompanied the player for his operation with unusual consequences. Read 'Bridge Blog' in the October edition of Chelsea magazine, out tomorrow, for the story.

He is confident he will be fit before for the Carling Cup match against Newcastle on 22 September which looks a good chance for first team action given his involvement in the competition last season.

'The recovery is going pretty well and I have no pain where I had it before. Now it is more muscle stiffness all over the body because your body has to get used to everything again. I don't expect to be out much longer because it is a new kind of surgery. I had one hernia operation in June on the left side and now I have had the right done so I can put it behind me and move on.

'As soon as I am back with the group training I have to show that I am completely fit and show the manager I can do it again.'

Hat rick for Benayoun last night in Israel's 3-1 win over Malta. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Hi I was wondering does anyone know how hard it is to get tickets on Viagogo? For example, there are arsenal tickets that don’t look to be on sale yet??

Also would also know how many loyalty points the Arsenal game is?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement