Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    Hat rick for Benayoun last night in Israel's 3-1 win over Malta. :)

Saw it scrolling along on SSN last night, well done to him and Israel, a perfect start.

Im warming more to Yossi, he is a decent option from the bench IMO, and his had more of an impact then J.Cole at Liverpool so ffar, except for the impact of that tackle against Arsenal of course :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Sturridge on the scoresheet for England u-21s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Great finish from Sturridge and Yossi's a hero :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Hi I was wondering does anyone know how hard it is to get tickets on Viagogo? For example, there are arsenal tickets that don’t look to be on sale yet??

Also would also know how many loyalty points the Arsenal game is?

12 loyalty points I see. I was poised last year as soon as the Arsenal game went on sale (on Viagogo) and I selected 1st choice pair.....gone and hurridly went back to find the list available halved, selected next best pair and next thing it had sold out! Seems the best chance is odd ones that get put up after the 'on sale' date - so worth checking back from time to time! Still 12pts not too bad - going over for the Fulham game on Nov 11 myself!

Lampard back for West Ham game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

Lampard back for West Ham game

Ah good stuff...back in time to stuff his old club...I hope

CFC1905_NK wrote: »
    Ah good stuff...back in time to stuff his old club...I hope

Hopefully he won't have to take 3 penalties this time and our performance is a bit more comprehensive than last season.

Hopefully he won't have to take 3 penalties this time and our performance is a bit more comprehensive than last season.

They always seem to find form when playing us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I'd love to be going over for that game again... As terrifying as it is walking to Upton Park, praying to Jesus I don't end up dragged down a side alley and have Cockney wide boys ripping a smile into the side of my face with a Stanley knife... it is something of a rush as one of the better away days for the Blues...

I can see it being a thrashing tho: the form both teams are in at the minute. But there again, as my old man always says: any London derby can be dodgy for any team participating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

Poll on the website, "Which of our new kits do you prefer?" puts home as voters' favourite, followed by away and then 3rd.

• Advertisement

CFC1905_NK wrote: »
    Poll on the website, "Which of our new kits do you prefer?" puts home as voters' favourite, followed by away and then 3rd.

The 3rd kit is an ugly-ass kit... Myself and a certain other unmentionable former poster here were most disappointed when we heard the "Green and Black" 3rd kit was NOT what it said on the tin: the 'green' they advertised is more 'Luminous Snot Yellow-Green'.

I actually think that the Away kit is deadly looking, now that I've seen it being worn on the pitch... and it's not a cursed jersey, like last season's Away strip!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Brian Laudrup diagnosed with cancer. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

smuckers wrote: »
    Brian Laudrup diagnosed with cancer. :(

Docs optimistic apparently, link here, I wish him well.

So around my house the usual West Ham v Chelsea banter has started. My father a Hammers fan (poor bas*ard) and myself, well I think ye know who I'll be supporting :pac:

Giving West Ham's start to the season and our own start this hsould go down as a no brainer, a certain 3 points, a potential 5 + goals with West Ham's dodgy defence but for whatever reason the Hammers usually find another level to play us.

Also, with A.Grant at the wheel and the results so far been terrible i can see the Hammers been well up for this game which could play into our hands, if they come out and try attack us they will be ripped apart, if they sit back and defend they could crumble. Its got all the makings of a classic London derby. Hoping Everton can take points off United, that would be a sweet weekend, if we win of course. :)

Kakuta fit and will be involved tomorrow, great news.

Hope to see Kakuta get some meaningful time tomorrow. Get the job done early lads and bring on Gael!

From the official site
    Also in the squad will be Gael Kakuta, the Uefa Under 19 European Championship Golden Ball winner, who Ancelotti believes must be considered a part of the first team squad.

'He will be involved tomorrow in the game. Now he is first team, he will have the same opportunity as the other players and he deserves to play because he trained well, he is focused and concentrated,' explained the Italian. 'He will play and we now have to consider him not a young player but a player in the first team.'

Lamps is out, should be back before the CL.

Kakuta will hopefully feature, rumours in France that he is about to sign a contract extension until 2016.

Chelsea will line-up in the following 4-3-3 formation:

1 Petr Cech
    19 Paulo Ferreira
    2 Branislav Ivanovic
    26 John Terry (c)
    3 Ashley Cole
    5 Michael Essien
    12 John Mikel Obi
    7 Ramires
    39 Nicolas Anelka
    11 Didier Drogba
    21 Salomon Kalou

Subs: 22 Ross Turnbull, 33 Alex, 18 Yury Zhirkov, 10 Yossi Benayoun, 15Florent Malouda, 44 Gael Kakuta, 23 Daniel Sturridge.

Chelsea will line-up in the following 4-3-3 formation:

1 Petr Cech
    19 Paulo Ferreira
    2 Branislav Ivanovic
    26 John Terry (c)
    3 Ashley Cole
    5 Michael Essien
    12 John Mikel Obi
    7 Ramires
    39 Nicolas Anelka
    11 Didier Drogba
    21 Salomon Kalou

Subs: 22 Ross Turnbull, 33 Alex, 18 Yury Zhirkov, 10 Yossi Benayoun, 15Florent Malouda, 44 Gael Kakuta, 23 Daniel Sturridge.

Deadly to see Ivanovic back!!! What a heroic defender.

And come on the Toffees!!!!!:D Pienaar, Arteta and Cahill... Legends!:D

Hopefully Chelsea can capitalise fully this afternoon! 9 points from 9 would be nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

get in

:D LOVE YOU ESSIEN :D

Haha wtf are West Ham at. Hit off Kalou. Shocking by Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Mikel nearly scores :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

any good streams floatin about?

brmccfc wrote: »
    any good streams floatin about?
    Good quality Channel - 80517 on sopcast....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Thank god for that :D

Hasnt been too convincing at all

:D

• Advertisement

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Guess we had to conceed sometime :(

Jaysus that was close.

Not a good performance at all but 3 points will do.

Johner wrote: »
    Not a good performance at all but 3 points will do.
    Funnily enough - and it sounds mean to be moaning after 4 straight wins, we've not dominated the games so far. Will need to step up the performance levels before Man City and Arsenal(especially!). Still, no injuries and Boswingwa coming back. Kakuta looked the part, Essien superb and Mikel and Terry performed well again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I didn't see the game but reading the BBC report seems we were easy winners...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Another good result.

Compare it to last season,
    last season, lost to wigan away, drew with west ham away
    this season, 0-6 away to wigan, 1-3 away to west ham
    Good improvement there

Happy to see kakuta get a run out, disapointed that we conceded but it was gonna happen sometime.:D:D top of the league

Missed the game today. West Ham in Upton Park is always going to be difficult so it's a great result today. Delighted to Essien back to his old self. How did Ramires play?

Did quite well considering. Didn't have the greatest of starts, few loose passes and Parker knocked him off the ball a few times. Came into it more as the game went on, a few nice touches. Looks composed on the ball. Made one nice run where he had to be hacked down. Seems to have a great turn of pace too. Will be a fantastic player for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

At home to Blackpool next week , then it's tough games ...away to city , home to Arsenal , away to MArseille .... now the test starts...

the_monkey wrote: »
    At home to Blackpool next week , then it's tough games ...away to city , home to Arsenal , away to MArseille .... now the test starts...

True, we can only beat whats ahead of us. The worst thing that could happen is if the lads started to believe their own hype but there is no evidence of that thus far and I don't think you could fault any player for not giving 100% yet which is good to see.

• Advertisement

The best possible start Chelsea could have hoped for; our own results most positively going our way and results elsewhere have been favourable. Blackpool at home should be another 3 points in the bag... but I'm sure an awful lot of Toon fans were saying the same thing earlier today!!!

Also on a side note, glad to see our former heroic defensive general Riccy Carvalho getting the winner for Real Madrid earlier today! Always was nifty with popping up with the odd goal! I'm still sad that we sold him, he was probably the best defender we'd had in a long, long time and he definitely was the superior centre half at the club.

Essien is god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Have to say Mikel has been one of our best players this season so far, he has started very well and its allowing Essien to get further forward which can only be good. And he nearly scored on Saturday. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Best team in the world right now hands down.

How good does this look?
    Chelsea Cake.jpg

eZe^ wrote: »
    Best team in the world right now hands down.

Most consistent anyway :)

Weve started the season in a similar fashion to last year. 2 points clear of Arsenal, 4 points clear of United, 7 clear of City (iirc).

Sure we are only 4 games in at the moment but I dont expect us to lose many games or conceed many goals.

Apart from Man City we have the best squad of players to pick from, maybe a little light at RB but with Ivanovic coming back from niggling injuries, our weakest position so far will be beefed up by the return to last years best RB.

As far as starting 11's go I couldnt be happier then our potential team of :

Cech
    Ivanovic Terry Alex Cole
    Mikel
    Esien Lampard
    Anelka Drogba Malouda

gavredking wrote: »
    Most consistent anyway :)

Weve started the season in a similar fashion to last year. 2 points clear of Arsenal, 4 points clear of United, 7 clear of City (iirc).

Sure we are only 4 games in at the moment but I dont expect us to lose many games or conceed many goals.

Apart from Man City we have the best squad of players to pick from, maybe a little light at RB but with Ivanovic coming back from niggling injuries, our weakest position so far will be beefed up by the return to last years best RB.

As far as starting 11's go I couldnt be happier then our potential team of :

Cech
    Ivanovic Terry Alex Cole
    Mikel
    Esien Lampard
    Anelka Drogba Malouda

Agree with that team, I think Ramieres will have to bide his time same with Kakuta.

I thought Ferreria (bar the cross) and Anelka had absolute stinkers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement