Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

smuckers wrote: »
    Suprised Clifford hasn't broken into first team as of yet

He only stepped up to reserves last season, so plenty of time yet. Another year in the reserves will do him the world of good.

Johner wrote: »
    Yeah he was still in the youths last year, plenty of time for him.

Agree with all of ye, Im surprised if he isnt called up to the 1st team for some of the cup games really but if hes not he still has this year to prove he is capable at the reserve team level which is a step up again from the youths and his progress so far has been good.

Hes played well for the Irish under age teams too so he is improving as he goes which is all you can ask for really.

Best of luck to the young lad, if we dont see him this season he should be knocking on the door next season and be there are there abouts to be involved with the 1st team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Ah yeah it should be a great game alright will be a very interesting test for our lads anyway. Still have nightmares about Drogba though for obvious reasons and he looks as though hes on great form this season. Be interesting to see how Vermaelen, Koscielny or Squillacii handle him.

Dont know how I would cope losing a Champions league final to yas though. Still can remember vividly Bridges Goal against us in the clock end years ago in our unbeaten season and seeing Ashley Cole kick the ball out of the net in frustration just after it :o, how times have changed since then. :pac:

Ah sure all the best to yas this season, reckon it will be a three or four horse race for the title this season, with yas as favorites, but should be a good one.

Ah yeah it should be a great game alright will be a very interesting test for our lads anyway. Still have nightmares about Drogba though for obvious reasons and he looks as though hes on great form this season. Be interesting to see how Vermaelen, Koscielny or Squillacii handle him.

Dont know how I would cope losing a Champions league final to yas though. Still can remember vividly Bridges Goal against us in the clock end years ago in our unbeaten season and seeing Ashley Cole kick the ball out of the net in frustration just after it :o, how times have changed since then. :pac:

Ah sure all the best to yas this season, reckon it will be a three or four horse race for the title this season, with yas as favorites, but should be a good one.

Ya Drogba has picked up were he left off last season which is ominious for the rest of the league and Europe really if he can keep it up and stay fit.

I remember that goal, a very good goal for Bridge to get, a very rare thing from him and then we went on to lose to Monaco (iirc).

Same to you mate, have a good season, I think it will be the usual 3, Us,Arsenal, Man Utd, think City will take 4th and be the annoying team that will take points but will ultimately lead to nothing and Id be surprised if Spuds get 4th again, I expect City to wrap that up this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

gavredking wrote: »
    At this stage I have about 3 teams id like to beat in the final :pac: but id just be happy winning the bloody trophy at this stage :)

Not gonna happen, we are jinxed in that competition.. the way i see it we won the max last season, doesn't get better then the double...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Good start to the season, strong performances against teams that will struggle this season. If anything the game shave played us into form ahead the trickier games that we have coming up in the next couple of weeks.

Also hard to gauge where we actually are because of the limited teams we have played, but i would suspect that we will be able to step up to the better teams seamlessly.

the_monkey wrote: »
    Not gonna happen, we are jinxed in that competition.. the way i see it we won the max last season, doesn't get better then the double...

Not gonna happen? Ok, I see you have a crystal ball and can predict the future, I suppose we will have to settle for another double this year and we might as well pull out of the CL now if we are not going win the thing.

Honestly, and Ive said it for years you need a shit load of luck to even get to the final let alone win the thing.

We have one of the best squads in Europe so we should be going further then last year but we got unlucky to run into Inter Milan in the 1st knockout stage after winning our group. It happens I suppose, but we will win this trophy in the next 3 years, mark my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

the_monkey wrote: »

No offense dude, but come the f*ck on and get behind your team.

You also said that when we were 2 points behind United last season that it was over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Monkey are ya at it again ya lil pup?!:D
    Stop that now with your reverse psychology methods, your confusing us minnows!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I preferred jackdaw, if that is a different person, at least there was humour to his unreasonableness

This is our time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I see Josh McEachran made his debut for you guys last night. First player to ever play in the CL who was born after it became the CL. He's gonna be one hell of a special player if what I've seen of him so far is anything to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Archimedes wrote: »
    I see Josh McEachran made his debut for you guys last night. First player to ever play in the CL who was born after it became the CL. He's gonna be one hell of a special player if what I've seen of him so far is anything to go by.

Such a gifted player,one of those that was born to play football. His control, touch and vision is just first class. I think he is going to be one hell of a player and Ancelotti is obviously already very impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB-HJw-rUb0

The reserves beat Newcastle 3-2 up at St James Park. Clifford started. Didn't get to watch it but have it recorded. Sounds like it was a good game.

Chelsea win not not not not / 2 * 3 not not win the CL this season ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Delighted to see maceachran get a run out at 17:eek::eek:, what a talent and kakuta, sturridge, van aonholt and dont forget bruma and borini. Lots of great youngsters. The future is blue, chelsea blue:D. Bring on the weekend

He is entitled his opinions TBH. Arsenal would have ambitions to win the CL, lets face it they have a team good enough to win it anyway. Also Wenger never said they would win it, just that they would be tough to play wint hey play their game and when they are at their best, which is true, they are a class act and will run us close this year I think.

My main gripe with Wenger is hes a smart bloke, a very smart bloke but he tends to have a bit of a reality lose every now and again, wether it be the FA out to get him or every opposition player out to break an Arsenal players leg.

If your taking out of that attached article that he is saying they will win the CL you should read again, just saying they wil be tough to beat.

Although an Arsenal v Chelsea final at Wembley would be sweet and for JT to lift the CL, one can only dream. At this stage I have about 3 teams id like to beat in the final :pac: but id just be happy winning the bloody trophy at this stage :)

OK yeah fair enough BBC have twisted it , but he still shouldn't come out with "we will be tough to beat " ... after beating ****ing BRAGA ????

Ancelotti wouldn't say it, Guardiola wouldn't say it , Ferguson wouldn't say it ..... especially this early in the season - it's crazy , no one knows what to expect yet, City could win the league, Spurs could win the CL .

no one knows.

Archimedes wrote: »

Very good player, will be one for the future, shows how highly regarded he is at the club to be giving a 1st team squad number and make his debut away in the CL, delighted for the young guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Obaraten wrote: »
    whats your predictions for the game against Blackpool lads?

total and utter domination and annihilation!!

Obaraten wrote: »
    whats your predictions for the game against Blackpool lads?

Im going say a win by 3 or more and about 60% + possesion.

But I would happily take a 1 - 0 and keep up the 100% start and maximum points possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I would be happy with the win as well. Don't expect this to be high scoring after our CL exertions and could potentially be a banana skin.
    Im going say a win by 3 or more and about 60% + possesion.

But I would happily take a 1 - 0 and keep up the 100% start and maximum points possible.

bullpost wrote: »
    I would be happy with the win as well. Don't expect this to be high scoring after our CL exertions and could potentially be a banana skin.

Well we should have Drogba and Ashley back, any news on Lamps?

The main game for me that day is Utd v Liverpool, if Liverpool can take a point or better off them we know that a win against Blackpool will hand us a good early lead in the title race before we head into our more difficult games in a few weeks.

I dont see Liverpool taking anything though from Utd, wwould be a nice thought though.

People have said im mad for watching the Super Sunday games over the Cork game but TBH I couldnt give a flying f**k about the GAA. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

We should be winning this by a 2-3 margin, can't see us dropping points anyway.

It would be nice to see 'Pool get something from United, unlikely though.

Can see us winning this very easily, Blackpool have started well but I just don't see them giving us to many problems.

The real test is City away the following week, heading over to it and can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

think we'll slaughter them to be honest, Drogba will we rearing to go, if Blackpool attempt to attack we'll destroy them I reckon

either that or we'll scrape a 1-0 on a 89th minute goal

looking forward to it anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Lamps still not for Sunday. Bosingwa may playo n wed in carling.
    Carlo said Sturridge has fantastic abilities but there has to be more movement from him.
    He didn't name the team, he said he wants to change some things.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping Benayoun gets a start.

smuckers wrote: »
    Lamps still not for Sunday. Bosingwa may playo n wed in carling.
    Carlo said Sturridge has fantastic abilities but there has to be more movement from him.
    He didn't name the team, he said he wants to change some things.

Ya Danny on tueday night seemed to be very static when a ball was played to his feet, there was occoasions when he had to come to the ball and didnt and it was taking off him.

Might go back to Anelka Drogba Malouda, but wouldnt be surprised if we rested Drogba for City away and start either Sturridge or Kalou or both.

Imagine Kalou Anelka Sturridge with Malouda in CM. The pace we would have would be just unstoppable :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Johner wrote: »
    I'm hoping Benayoun gets a start.

Benayoun given the day off as it's a jewish holiday

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

racso1975 wrote: »

From the official site.
    but contrary to some media reports Yossi Benayoun is available for selection. Yom Kippur that keeps fellow Israelis Avram Grant and Tal Ben Haim from attending West Ham's game on Saturday will have ended before Sunday.

racso1975 wrote: »

It's the Saturday, match on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I can see this being a repeat affair of the CL match; the opposition may try to actually play football instead of doing the "smarter" thing (parking the bus) and they'll end up on the receiving end of a massacre. Not to belittle the opposition, but while Blackpool may be able to spring a few surprises, it's against teams like Chelsea and Arsenal (the two most in form teams in the league at the moment) which is where they will be exposed badly.

Arsenal hammered 6 past them... can't see why Chelsea (who are playing some beautiful football and are arguably the more clinical and ruthless team than the Arsenal) won't do the same and more.

Drogba, Lampard et al will be back in fine fettle. Drogba will be thirsting for goals, following his midweek absence and Anelka will also be full of confidence following his finding the net twice midweek. Malouda will be at his effervescent best and the back line of Ivanovic, Terry, Alex and Cole will be pushed so far up the pitch, they'd nearly be classed as midfielders! (he said hopefully).

Blackpool's run could so easily continue and The Bridge might be silenced and stunned... but I doubt it. Blackpool will most likely experience a harrowing deja vú; think the Emirates only worse.

Chelsea are on fire, scoring goals for fun lately and there is no reason why this will stop anytime soon.

I'll be flinging a few quid on an avalanche of goals for Chelsea, Drogba hattrick, Malouda to score first, Lamps to score first (if he's playing) and Chelsea to get a penalty (not an accumulator, but singles!)...

Also, I'll have to Sky Plus this as I want to watch the All-Ireland Final! Up Down!:D

Lamps is out until Wednesday for the Carling cup

should be a straightforward easy win, be nice to hammer 6 past 'em :)

Lamps is out until Wednesday for the Carling cup

This is really no harm... Rest him up, let him recover fully from the op.

Plenty of bodies in the team who can slip into that spot for a while. No problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Am expecting another handy win today for the mighty blues. If we can get an early goal today i think we can put blackpool to the sword and do the goal difference some real damage.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Would love to meet ye in the final mate, I think it would be a great match up. Cant wait to play ye this season, I mean this with the upmost respect for your your team though. I think Arsenal are a fantastic team and I hope ye do well this year, just not as well as us of course :P

An all London final in London would be just epic, words couldnt describe it. Dont worry about Spuds, they wont make it that far :pac:
    ... and it'll be on a Saturday too. It'd be too bizarre for words if two English teams made the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Raedwald wrote: »
    Am expecting another handy win today for the mighty blues. If we can get an early goal today i think we can put blackpool to the sword and do the goal difference some real damage.

If we were playing today i would have agreed with ya, :rolleyes:

Good day today with Arsenal drawing.

A Liverpool win/draw and us winning would make a great weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Raedwald wrote: »

You guys must be getting excited now, after that game, with 5 pre season friendles behind them, the real league campaign for chelsea finally starts next weekend . . ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Game tomorrow could allow us put some daylight (5 Points) between us and Arsenal after just 5 games. Trick will be to maintain that gap and extend it.
    See it as a two horse race at the moment.

Fiskar wrote: »
    Game tomorrow could allow us put some daylight (4 Points) between us and Arsenal after just 5 games. Trick will be to maintain that gap and extend it.
    See it as a two horse race at the moment.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Drumpot wrote: »
    You guys must be getting excited now, after that game, with 5 pre season friendles behind them, the real league campaign for chelsea finally starts next weekend . . ;)

:rolleyes: Top of the league and we are having a laugh. :rolleyes:

Chelsea are most definitely being smiled upon by the footballing Gods at the moment; their own results are almost faultless and results elsewhere are incredibly favourable. Arsenal drawing today saw them fail to claim the #1 spot in the league, albeit that they most likely would only have remained there for less than 24 hours.

While I cannot see any other result tomorrow than a comprehensive victory for Manchester United, perhaps the rested Gerrard and Torres could find some spark to undo United... or even our own over-rated former right winger Joey Cole might just want to do his old pals a favour and stick one past United... Who knows. But I think it is immaterial what happens in Old Trafford tomorrow; focus on the task in hand and give Blackpool a proper, warm, Blue welcome to Stamford Bridge!:D

Carefree......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

According to the Mirror Carletto is close to agreeing a 2 year extension.

That's good news if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

before our first league game this year i said we would win, go top and stay there for the year

That is looking ever more likely

Expecting a big performance out of Drogba today after his week off, Ramires and Kakuta will hopefully excel also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Cech
    Ivanovich Alex Terry Ashley

Mikel
    Benayoun Malouda

Kalou Drogs Anelka
    Kakuta, McEachran, Ramieres to all feature 60mins +

Cheers Carlo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement