Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Lukker- wrote: »
    They are defensively fairly tight (they play 3 DM's afterall).

But I'm fairly confident we can get a result there.

Hope so, hope this defeat by newcastle doesn't mentally effect us ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

the_monkey wrote: »
    Hope so, hope this defeat by newcastle doesn't mentally effect us ..

The CC is always more hassle than it's worth.

I'm of the philosophy you should just play the kids, certainly not anyone who is going to be in a matchday squad (except the likes of Bruma, Kakuta).

It's a pity that the youth team won't get as much game time, but I don't think the senior lads will bat an eyelid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Bring on City this weekend, I know we can beat them and Im fully confident we will, Im more worried about Arsenal at the Bridge the following weekend.

Last nights result aside I thought there was a few good performances out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Did not get to see any of last nights match, but disappointing to hear the result.

Hope the injuries to the 3 lads are not that serious and they will back soon.

I see a very tight game ahead against city at the weekend. I think along the lines of 2-1 win for us with them scoring first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

Really impressed at Josh McEachran when on the ball. More of this please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

although always annoying to lose at home last night was worth it for a few reasons:
    McEachran is unbelievably good, even the geordies were talking about him afterwards, best youngster i've seen in donkeys

and speaking of donkeys...

Sturridge, was soooo bad last night, could do nothing right, so left footed its not funny, playing him on the right is pointless, he always takes a touch too many and if we had anyone else up front instead of him we'd have scored more

and Turnbull, feel sorry for him, but perhaps he should consider retiring now, his positioning for the freekick and placement of the wall was dire, the entire matthew harding could see what was going to happen.. and it did! ? He has to take a large share of the blame for the Ameoba goal too, allowing a single celled footballer who has displayed all the talent of a blue-square league squad player to score twice at the bridge was shocking.

McEachran makes up for it all though, football genius in the making and the best atmosphere at chelsea in a long time, this going behind and fighting back makes a pleasant change from just winning easily (not complaining of course :-) easy to forget what it used to be like there , shame about the result but hopefully Carlo learnt enough to justify the gamble and we very nearly got a chance at extra-time to prove it too.

growler wrote: »
    although always annoying to lose at home last night was worth it for a few reasons:
    McEachran is unbelievably good, even the geordies were talking about him afterwards, best youngster i've seen in donkeys

and speaking of donkeys...

Sturridge, was soooo bad last night, could do nothing right, so left footed its not funny, playing him on the right is pointless, he always takes a touch too many and if we had anyone else up front instead of him we'd have scored more

and Turnbull, feel sorry for him, but perhaps he should consider retiring now, his positioning for the freekick and placement of the wall was dire, the entire matthew harding could see what was going to happen.. and it did! ? He has to take a large share of the blame for the Ameoba goal too, allowing a single celled footballer who has displayed all the talent of a blue-square league squad player to score twice at the bridge was shocking.

McEachran makes up for it all though, football genius in the making and the best atmosphere at chelsea in a long time, this going behind and fighting back makes a pleasant change from just winning easily (not complaining of course :-) easy to forget what it used to be like there , shame about the result but hopefully Carlo learnt enough to justify the gamble and we very nearly got a chance at extra-time to prove it too.

Agree with ya Grolwer,

I think Josh Mc has the potential to go along way in this game, hes part of a good talent bunch of midfielders around the place, young Wilshire at Arsenal, an exceptional player he is and Ramsey, who I rate higher then Wilshire but Josh Mc has the ability to be put in there bracket, now all he needs is game time, his only problem is our strength in CM. We have 2 of the best midfielders around in Lamps and Essien so his chances will be limited this season but hope he gets a few sub apperances.

Sturridge is very frustrating, he has all the ability in the world, hes big, strong, very quick and ha a good left leg, but his decision making has to improve, sometimes he doesnt move or come to the ball, I know he will come good though, hes a promising player.

Turnbull, were to start, well hes better then Hilario but thats not saying much TBH. Played well enough last year when he got his chance but doesnt seem to have enough game time to be able to show what he can do, with 'Boro he was a good, solid keeper, and looks far from that at this moment in time. I dont feel confident if we lose Cech that him or Hilario can slot in. On that note, Cech has been exceptional this season, his save atthe Bridge at 2 - 0 away down to his left was spectuclar, theres not many keepers would have got there, his 6ft 5inch frame and agility got him there. Keep it up big man.

I dont think Carlo willworry to much about the result other then the injuiries, but im sure he would have liked to get a bit of a cup run in this competetion to give the younger, less experience guys a chance.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Lampard is a major doubt for the City match after breaking down in training.

On a positive note Bosingwa played 55mins for the reserves.

Lampard is a major doubt for the City match after breaking down in training.

On a positive note Bosingwa played 55mins for the reserves.

NOOOOOO!!!!!

Bloody hell, we could have done with Lamps for the City game, Im sure Ramieres Essien and Mikel will get the job done though.

Im waiting for someone to come in and say our season is falling aoart because of Injuiries, its probably going be our very own Monkey :P

Great news for Bosingwa and the club, if he can find the form that made him such a star at the club in his first season then he will be a huge assist, Ivanovic is a great right back, solid and offers a great attacking base but Bosingwa is like Cole, just a constant threat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Didier is getting a stadium named after him! :)Levallois SC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Didier is getting a stadium named after him! :)Levallois SC

Hope it doesn't fall down when there's a slight breeze :D

Monthly pay just arrived, im going stick a 100 on Drogba anytime scorer and Chelsea to win, not sure of the odds, I dont care, im that confident we will win and Drogba will destroy them ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Kakuta and Terry fit. Benayoun and Kalou out for 3 weeks.

Reckon team will be:

Cech
    Terry
    Alex
    Ivan
    Cole
    Ramieres
    Essien
    Mikel
    Anelka
    Malouda
    Drogba

smuckers wrote: »
    Kakuta and Terry fit. Benayoun and Kalou out for 3 weeks.

Reckon team will be:

Cech
    Terry
    Alex
    Ivan
    Cole
    Ramieres
    Essien
    Mikel
    Anelka
    Malouda
    Drogba

Best fit 11 we have at the moment. Also, saying that its some team when you consider we are missing Yossi, Kalou and Lamps.

Very confident of winning this game.

and thats my predicted lineup confirmed on chelsea site

• Advertisement

smuckers wrote: »
    and thats my predicted lineup confirmed on chelsea site

All things going well in training this morning that had to be the team.

Back 5 is immense, great pace between Ivanovic and Cole at the wings and Alex at the back, hope JT can carry on his recent good form and same goes for Cech, both look back close to there best.

Midfield is very strong, City will play a similar system to us, 3 CM's albeit, there 3 will be a bit more defesive and rigid, I fancy Essien and Mikel to get in around them and Ramieres to play more advanced, like Lamps would do.

Our front 3, what more can you say about a front 3 of Drogba, Malouda, Anelka, bags of pace, strength, power, height and more then enough ability between them to cut any defence to shreds, the threat they carry going forward will surely have City terrified.

Im going say 2 - 0 to us, but I wouldnt be surprised if we get 3 or 4 TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

gavredking wrote: »
    Im going say 2 - 0 to us, but I wouldnt be surprised if we get 3 or 4 TBH.

I wish I was that confident. :p I think 2-1 but wouldn't be surprised with a draw.

Johner wrote: »
    I wish I was that confident. :p I think 2-1 but wouldn't be surprised with a draw.

I just think last years lose to City home and away will make the players want this so much more, we are a better team then City even if they have spent over 300 million and I think we will prove it and I hope Carlo reminds the players that City are a big rival now and we have to beat them, just like we did to Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool last year and doing the double against those teams.

I was similarly confident last year of beating them and it back fired, but this year I think we have a better understanding of the team and Carlo has them purring at the moment, I think we are one of the best teams in Europe and our start this season has proved, and Im confident we can beat City.

I hope I can come back tommorrow at about 3:30pm and say I told ye so :)

I just think last years lose to City home and away will make the players want this so much more, we are a better team then City even if they have spent over 300 million and I think we will prove it and I hope Carlo reminds the players that City are a big rival now and we have to beat them, just like we did to Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool last year and doing the double against those teams.

I was similarly confident last year of beating them and it back fired, but this year I think we have a better understanding of the team and Carlo has them purring at the moment, I think we are one of the best teams in Europe and our start this season has proved, and Im confident we can beat City.

I hope I can come back tommorrow at about 3:30pm and say I told ye so :)

I hope so too. :D:) Looking at City's problems in defense though we really should have too much for them but you never know.

I hope so too. :D:) Looking at City's problems in defense though we really should have too much for them but you never know.

Talks on the match thread about a City back four of Zabelata - Toure - Kompany - Barry

Not that strong TBH, I wish W.Bridge was playing too ;)

We should have to much for them, only time will tell I suppose, only time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Defensive problems? I thought they had problems scoring, not conceding. They've only conceded twice in the league so far

greendom wrote: »
    Defensive problems? I thought they had problems scoring, not conceding. They've only conceded twice in the league so far

I meant injuries. Barry at LB if that happens can only be good for us.

greendom wrote: »
    I meant injuries. Barry at LB if that happens can only be good for us.
    Talks on the match thread about a City back four of Zabelata - Toure - Kompany - Barry

Yes, they are meant to have injuiries at the back, and are missing a few, still going to be a tough test but I fancy our chances, its going be in midfield where this game is won and lost, I expect City to pack midfield and try stop us from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

well, I've done all my preparation for the morning..
    text me mate to tell him I intend on occupying his couch from 12pm onwards tomorrow (the oul knackerbox doesn't have them fancy channels)
    As he is an Arsenal fan, he is quite torn on his loyalities concerning tomorrows game, play it safe says me, and back the eventual winners!:D
    Reckon we could storm the first half, get 2 goals, then Tevez knicks 1 before half time to put the sheeets up us, then finally we get the all important 3rd goal and thats how it will finish.
    3-1 to the Chelsea.

Well boys, the time is near, the first big test of the season looms over us today.
    Sticking with my 3-1 prediction to the chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

So excited about this one, I'm going for 1-2 to chelsea. Will be tight but its time for revenge for last year. cmon the blues.:D:D

yup, its the first game I'm really looking forward to watching too, hope we put them to the sword, pity about Lampard but think Mikel, Ramieries and Essien should be fine I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

C'mon Chelsea stick it to em!

I always knew we were gonna lose this one, worse I knew it was gonna be Tevez.

Anyway , looking at next week, must win game , if we lose points next week I can see us collapsing

• Advertisement

Why did he take drogba off ????????wtf

I thought we were very poor second half didn't test Hart enough, that said the ref was a disgrace, JM should have came on so much sooner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I always knew we were gonna lose this one, worse I knew it was gonna be Tevez.

Anyway , looking at next week, must win game , if we lose points next week I can see us collapsing

THATS A FACT

Always the optimist.... (edited my post to include what you initailly said and the way you said it [in caps])

City had their tatics and credit where credit is due they played them tatics well, sitting back and hitting us on the counter attack, great finish by tevez mind you the bast.............

Ref was awful alright, it seems that just falling over gets you a free kick these days except when drogba does it.

Knew we should have just parked the bus.

City's only outlet is the pace of Silva and Tevez. They played 3 DM's essentially had 4 or 5 players covering the CB's at any given time then they would just launch it to Tevez.

We seriously missed Lapmard today, Ramires looked a bit out of place but it was a tough game to come into and be expected to do well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

it's september, way too early to be conceding anything. We lost twice to city last season and still won, no change there.

City players are always up for the chelsea game (but the only time they seem to be up for anything) despite their rather unadventurous set today.

Chelsea still had enough chances to win that game, can't fathom taking Drogba off and bringing on Sturridge (who did sfa again) , Drogba taking corners seems a poor use of his skills too, surely someone else is capable of taking them?

No big deal, Tevez took his chance well, chelsea didn't and didn't look particularly motivated anyway, not surprised Anelka was quiet after all the running he did on wednesday night , maybe like me they hate these early games.

bring on arsenal

Time to start young Josh? our most skillful player when he came on and that little turn at end was sublime.

Top of the league:D:D

I can see us causing arsenal loads of problems next week, we looked good from set pieces and l'arse are lightweight. Ivanovic should have scored today and so should alex.

Always the optimist.... (edited my post to include what you initailly said and the way you said it [in caps])

City had their tatics and credit where credit is due they played them tatics well, sitting back and hitting us on the counter attack, great finish by tevez mind you the bast.............

Annoying thing is when we are bad we are desperate and unlucky, most other teams when they are having a bad game will get a moment of luck a break - something - us ... NOTHING.

Norwich would beat us today.

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Top of the league:D:D

I can see us causing arsenal loads of problems next week, we looked good from set pieces and l'arse are lightweight. Ivanovic should have scored today and so should alex.

see my previous post - no breaks, nothing - wait till you see united claiming 6 points of city again this season.

I wish BBC would take the photo of the missing link of the chelsea page aswell ...

5022576859_3051f215f7_z.jpg

:P

Well done to City, great defensive display. Boyata was excellent although was lucky to get away with a few off the ball incidents. Kompany and Toure were solid and I thought De Jong was motm.

Drogba had a shocker for us but I really don't understand taking him off, no matter how badly he was playing he can do something out of nothing and we just never looked like scoring in the last 15 minutes when we should have been really attacking City. Ivanovic was unlucky with the header that hit off the bar and I thought Anelka didn't do enough tracking back in the first half, he was pretty poor.

Malouda looked very lively but at times it was like he had to do it on his own, he wasn't getting much help out there. Essien was solid but his long range shots were pretty poor. Anyway can't argue too much with the result good finish by Tevez although Ramires was poor for the goal and looked very nervous out there.

Well done City, I don't think they will challenge for the title this season but top 4 without a doubt.

Norwich would beat us today.

Ah now Monkey, over reaction a small bit. That game was pretty even steven in fairness. One moment of magic was the difference from Tevez, had the rub of the green been with us, Ivanovic's header would have hit the back of the net and it could have been a different game. City defended very well, but we tried our best. Even the stats would suggest how close it was.

Possession:
    Man City 43% Chelsea 57%
    Attempts on target:
    Man City 6, Chelsea 4
    Attempts off target:
    Man City 2, Chelsea 11
    Corners:
    Man City 3, Chelsea 4
    Fouls:
    Man City 10, Chelsea 12

Jesus !!! West Brom won at Arsenal !!!!!

now if only Bolton can pull of a miracle tomorrow it wont be such a bad weekend ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

Lads can any of you tell me if Drogbas suspended for the Marseille game?

Lads can any of you tell me if Drogbas suspended for the Marseille game?

He's not.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's not.

U sure lukker i thought he got a two match ban after been sent off against inter last season in the quarter final...

U sure lukker i thought he got a two match ban after been sent off against inter last season in the quarter final...

I thought it was a second yellow but on second thought could have been a straight red..

No was a straight red lukker i checked it out there , hes out alrite..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Bad day at the office yesterday, no complaints about the result really.

Thought Ramiers looked a bit light weight at times and is not the type to replace to lampard, who gives us so many different options.

Unlucky with some things, thought we missed boswinga alot on the right side as ivanovic was very slow in getting forward on the wing.

I'm very confident we will beat Arsenal next week. We really need to improve on last years away form which was poor and nearly cost us the league.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement