Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Alex injury seemed serious enough, no?

He seemed to be saying that something had snapped/gone in his leg.

Anyway, from an Arsenal fan, fair play today.

Thought it was quite close until you lot scored but ye controlled the game very well after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I'm loving mikel at tue moment, having a great season I'd love him to get a goal though- it'd be like when the team let makelele take a peno a few years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Good to see that if the centre backs have to leave the pitch, as was the case with Alex (what a belter by the way) we won't be panicking, we just get the most feared striker in the league, Drogba, back to help out Terry!:D

Only seen a bit of the game, last 20 mins or so of either half, put a few quid on us to win 3-0, and Cole as an anytime goalscorer, soo near and yet so far yet again with my betting predictions, but I'll happily take the 2-0 win over the Arsenal, good performance from them it has to be said, their finishing let them down, Cesc or Van Persie in there and it could have been a very different game.

A good solid team performance, (Bar the introduction of Paulo for Ivan, I did place head in hands and say "noooo" admittedly) from all concerned. Hopefully a fully fit injury free squad will return after the break, all gunz a blazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Great result. It says alot really for what a top quality striker in form can do for ya. Drogba wa immense today after his no show against City this is the kind of game he needed, he a good solid performance with a goal and to help his team out, her cleared a few defensive threats as well and finished up as a CB next to JT, and I wouldnt doubt him playing there if needs be :)

Our midfield 3 were brillant, Essien was strong in the tackle and broke up play well and linked up well going forward, Ramieres was a class above and showed what hes capable of, no matter how many times I see it, the tackle on Song was a good tackle, Wenger can stop complaining. Mikel, well what a season he is having, delighted for him that he is showing what he can do.

At the back we were rock solid after the first 2 minutes when Arsenal nearly caught us cold, twice. Cech's save from Arshavin was top drawer at 0 - 0, I thought Cole was brillant as usual, his attacking threat is
    threat going forward is huge, hes the best left wing back in the world, better then Evra, Lahm, Clichy etc.

Delighted that we opened up a lead over Man Utd and Arsenal going into the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Alex is expected to be out for 3 weeks. Good time for an international break, we should hopefully have a close to fully fit squad after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lukker- wrote: »
    Alex is expected to be out for 3 weeks. Good time for an international break, we should hopefully have a close to fully fit squad after it.

Here's hoping no more injuries during the internationals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

have to say i never rated mikel at all, I always thought he was useless but i will certainly hold my hands up and say i was wrong he has been fantastic for yous this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I was the same... I always cringed every time Mikel got on the ball... But he's been immense this season, and I reckon he'll only be getting better.

No more injuries over the international break, and it's looking rosy.

Tis true, Mikel has been unreal so far this season and long may that continue, although I do feel that my/our previous criticism of him last season was pretty justified given some of the performances he put in to be honest.
    I do remember posting that he should be banned from every taking shots on goal after seeing him lobbing shot after shot over the crossbar, and until he gets a shot on target, I stand by that criticism!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Should have Bosingwa back around the 16th so we can just push ivanovic into the middle if needs be :)

Also just wondering those who are True Blue members. So it around 50 euro for the 2 year membership.How much would ya be looking at for a match day ticket then?

Soby wrote: »
    Should have Bosingwa back around the 16th so we can just push ivanovic into the middle if needs be :)

Also just wondering those who are True Blue members. So it around 50 euro for the 2 year membership.How much would ya be looking at for a match day ticket then?

£5 off tickets for members,

Prices here - http://www.chelseafc.com/page/ExtraInformation/0,,10268~2092869,00.html

Yossi is out for 3 months with a torn achilles tendon.

Neymar wants to move to Chelsea..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6430638,00.html

Yossi is out for 3 months with a torn achilles tendon.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6430638,00.html

Just heard about Yossi, gutted for him, hes started well for us, although this will allow Ramieres and Zhirkov to get more agme time with less competition, it may also help young Josh Mc's chances of getting a few games.

On Neymar, could be a good move, depending on what we end up paying for him it could be a good deal for us if we could get him for cheaper then we were meant to be in for him in the summer transfer window.

gavredking wrote: »
    Just heard about Yossi, gutted for him, hes started well for us, although this will allow Ramieres and Zhirkov to get more agme time with less competition, it may also help young Josh Mc's chances of getting a few games.

On Neymar, could be a good move, depending on what we end up paying for him it could be a good deal for us if we could get him for cheaper then we were meant to be in for him in the summer transfer window.

Yeah undecided on him tbh, wouldn;t really want to pay more than 20m for him. He seems like he might have the "Robinho" type attitude but if he can cop himself on he could be amazing.

Yeah undecided on him tbh, wouldn;t really want to pay fore than 20m for him. He seems like he might have the "Robinho" type attitude but if he can cop himself on he could be amazing.

I agree Lukker, he has the potential to be a world beater but the only way to find out if he is up to this level is to splash the cash, if we could get him for about 15 we would be laughing but I expect some competition form the big clubs if he goes for a bit cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Its The Sun, I wouldnt put too much faith in it!

He made his choice in the summer, if he turns out to be any good in a year or twos time then maybe we'll go back in for him, in the meantime I think its just press boredom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Lads, I just put up some Chelsea jerseys for sale on my adverts, have a look :)

Poll on the website,

Best recent free kick.

Drogba v Arsenal (a)

Alex v Liverpool (CL)

Alex v Arsenal (H)

Has to be Alex against Arsenal, the other 2 aren't bad either.

Alex against Arsenal by a mile... The one against Liverpool was special, but goddamn.... I'll never forget the free he took against Birmingham last season on Boxing Day. Hit the bar, and the bar was shuddering and vibrating for ages. If it had gone into the spectators, it would have killed someone!:eek:

DazMarz wrote: »
    Alex against Arsenal by a mile... The one against Liverpool was special, but goddamn.... I'll never forget the free he took against Birmingham last season on Boxing Day. Hit the bar, and the bar was shuddering and vibrating for ages. If it had gone into the spectators, it would have killed someone!:eek:

I was behind it that day against Birmingham. :eek: I was saying the same thing to the people I was sitting beside. :eek:

• Advertisement

Strictly speaking its Internationals related but seems as its JT, think its worth a mention thats hes out for the Engerland game. Lets hope hes fit for the Villa match.
    Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hey I was just wondering what is Ramires' position is it DM, Box to box?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Lets hope Chelsea can get JT back for the Villa game, cos with Alex likely to be missing as well its Ivanovich and AN other - and I dont think Brumas ready. Apparently played poorly for Holland u-21's the other night, giving away 2 frees which both led to goals. Brana moving to the middle also means Boswingwa will be pressed into 90 min action at Right Back. Hope he's ready. We're due a win at Villa park, not too sure its coming saturday!

Hey I was just wondering what is Ramires' position is it DM, Box to box?

Box to box. When he starts he generally plays alongside Essien in CM with Mikel as our DM.

Lets hope Chelsea can get JT back for the Villa game, cos with Alex likely to be missing as well its Ivanovich and AN other - and I dont think Brumas ready. Apparently played poorly for Holland u-21's the other night, giving away 2 frees which both led to goals. Brana moving to the middle also means Boswingwa will be pressed into 90 min action at Right Back. Hope he's ready. We're due a win at Villa park, not too sure its coming saturday!

I'm not sure if Bos will start vs Villa. Hopefully JT will be fit enough to start with Brana, Ferreira will probably get at least 60 mins at right back, don't think they'll be looking to rush Bos back with a full game considering how careful they've been with him so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

****e ramires gone off with an injury to his knee playing for brazil showed him on the bench with an icepack trapped to it hope its nothing too serious

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Ivanovic is negotiating a new contract. Great news :)

Ivanovic is negotiating a new contract. Great news :)

Whatever that man wants... that man gets. Absolute beast of a player. Deserves to be on more money than Terry by a considerable distance.

Report on the players on international duty tonight.

INTERNATIONALS: UNBEATEN BUT UNSATISFIED
    Posted on: Tue 12 Oct 2010

There were clean sheets all round for Chelsea's senior international contingent on Tuesday night, though not all emerged victorious, or even completed the contest.

After a delay due to crowd trouble, Branislav Ivanovic started at right-back for Serbia in Italy, but that game in Genoa was abandoned after just nine minutes as visiting supporters threw flares and bangers at home supporters and on to the pitch.

Petr Cech was a near spectator as Czech Republic strolled to a 2-0 win over Liechtenstein away in Vaduz, the goalkeeper having just one effort on target to worry about in his 90 minutes.

Ashley Cole spent most of England's 0-0 draw with Montenegro at Wembley trying to help first Ashley Young and then former Blue Shaun Wright-Phillips try to break through the visitors' defence, but to no avail.

Florent Malouda was a starter for France but was replaced after 63 minutes as France ran out 2-0 winners against Luxembourg in Metz, their goals coming from Karim Benzema and Yoann Gourcuff in either half.

Yury Zhirkov completed the 90 minutes for Russia as they earned a precious three points on the road in Macedonia with a 1-0 win thanks to Alexandr Kerzhakov's early goal.

Earlier in the day at Under 21 level, Patrick van Aanholt helped Holland to a 2-0 win over Ukraine in Kiev, but the 3-1 defeat suffered at home on Saturday means they will not be at the finals in Denmark. The left-back played the entire 90 minutes from left-back, and was booked three minutes into the second half. Jeffrey Bruma succumbed to a hamstring problem and had to miss the game, returning to England for treatment.

Fabio Borini was an unused sub as he watched his Italy team-mates surrender a 2-0 first leg victory against Belarus, losing 3-2 after extra-time as the unfancied Eastern Europeans progress to the finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I learned something when i came into this thread today

Box to box is now a position

nice

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    I learned something when i came into this thread today

Box to box is now a position

nice

Heh, it's more of a role then a position. Like Lampard plays as a CM but he is an attacking midfielder where-as Essien plays alongside him in CM but he is a box-to-box.

Johner wrote: »
    Report on the players on international duty tonight.

INTERNATIONALS: UNBEATEN BUT UNSATISFIED
    Posted on: Tue 12 Oct 2010

There were clean sheets all round for Chelsea's senior international contingent on Tuesday night, though not all emerged victorious, or even completed the contest.

After a delay due to crowd trouble, Branislav Ivanovic started at right-back for Serbia in Italy, but that game in Genoa was abandoned after just nine minutes as visiting supporters threw flares and bangers at home supporters and on to the pitch.

ROFL at this ^^^

Them Serb's are mad. The report suggets it wasnt that bad, but it was quite the opposite. Main thing is Ivanovic didnt play a full 90 and potentially get injured.

Bruma out with a hamstring injury, looking very light at the back for the Villa game :(

Bruma out with a hamstring injury, looking very light at the back for the Villa game :(

Despite losing there last season, I wouldn't be all that concerned against Villa; last season, Chelsea put 11 goals past them in 3 games (albeit losing one game, but even then only losing 2-1) and I Villa are not as strong as they were last season IMO.

As light as we may be at the back against Villa, I think we'll have too much across the rest of the pitch to be too concerned.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Despite losing there last season, I wouldn't be all that concerned against Villa; last season, Chelsea put 11 goals past them in 3 games (albeit losing one game, but even then only losing 2-1) and I Villa are not as strong as they were last season IMO.

As light as we may be at the back against Villa, I think we'll have too much across the rest of the pitch to be too concerned.

Agreed, hopefully an easy enough game for us is on the cards, but I would take 3 points and a scrappy victory right now if it was on offer.

Hopefully Bosingwa will get involved in the game, wouldnt be to pushed if he didnt get a run once he comes back to full health and readyness.

Can't see it being easy at all on Saturday. :(

Benayoun out for at least 6 months. Gutted for him.

BENAYOUN FACES LONG LAYOFF
    Posted on: Wed 13 Oct 2010

Yossi Benayoun will undergo surgery on his Achilles on Monday.

The Israeli international returned to the club from international duty last week, and will now be out of action for approximately six months.

Two other squad members who were prevented from representing their countries due to thigh injuries, Salomon Kalou and Alex, are due to return to full training next week, while Jeffrey Bruma, who withdrew from the Dutch Under 21 squad before the game on Tuesday due to tight hamstrings, is scheduled to train as normal on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

He was playing well too what is it with us and bloody injuries?????? every season

Got my tickets for Fulham match Nov 10 this morning! Bring it on!!

• Advertisement

Got my tickets for Fulham match Nov 10 this morning! Bring it on!!

Nice. :) I'm heading to Blackburn away on the 30th, only been at 2 games this season due to low funds and work/study. :(

Johner wrote: »
    Nice. :) I'm heading to Blackburn away on the 30th, only been at 2 games this season due to low funds and work/study. :(

Know the feeling .... banking on getting to one before and one after Christmas .... and thats pushing it, the way things are!! TG for Chelsea TV, Sky and ESPN.! - dropped Setanta as they DONT DO Chelsea matches. Its like MUTV with them!!

Chelsea have signed Michael Gyasi from Northamton Town. Definitely one for the future as he is only 11. here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

yey, proper football is back.

Feeling good about the weekend game, if we stay solid at the back I think we can win, villa are not great defensively and overall I think they are not as good as last year.

Jaysus, with the news of current injuries/possible injuries I'd be on the cautious side of things. I'd happy take a 1-0 win with no injuries right now.

I know with all the injuries that are currently ravaging some of the players, the squad is not as strong as it could be, but I do not think that Villa are as strong as they were and I don't think that they will be as much of a threat as they were.

That said, it's a tricky away fixture and nothing should be taken for granted at all. 3 points is the main thing. And I'll take it ugly, ignorant and with a scrappy last minute winner. anything at all...

• Advertisement

3 points after the international break would be very welcome no matter how they come.

Team for tomorrow.

Cech
    Ferreria
    Ivan
    Terry
    Cole
    Ramieres
    Essien
    Mikel
    Anelka
    Kakuta
    Malouda.

Drogs and Sturridge out.

smuckers wrote: »
    Team for tomorrow.

Cech
    Ferreria
    Ivan
    Terry
    Cole
    Ramieres
    Essien
    Mikel
    Anelka
    Kakuta
    Malouda.

Drogs and Sturridge out.

Balls, any news on why Drogba is out? Internet in work is taking an age to try and load the Chelsea homepage

He has a fever, should be available for champions league. Bosingwa is on bench and will get 30 mins.

Big test tomorrow now without Drogba. Big chance for Kakuta.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement