Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

the_monkey wrote: »
    FÚCK OFF YOSSI!!!

was still hoping this wouldn't be true ,,,, jesus ... we have hit rock bottom and season hasn't even started ...

Barça sign Villa ... we sign a sunday leaguer...

Your off again ....

Yossi is a good replacement for Ballack ,

could you explain to me how we have hit rock bottom ? I am starting to think you are just a wind up merchant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FÚCK OFF YOSSI!!!

was still hoping this wouldn't be true ,,,, jesus ... we have hit rock bottom and season hasn't even started ...

he'll do as much, if not more than Joe Cole has been doing.

yes, he's not a marquee signing, but he's a solid acquisition, and consolidates your squad nicely.

a bit of perspective is needed on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Perspective or reality does not enter the_monkey's vocabulary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

On the face of it its hard to understand why they let Cole go and sign Yossi.
    Hope he proves to be a good signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Your off again ....

Yossi is a good replacement for Ballack ,

could you explain to me how we have hit rock bottom ? I am starting to think you are just a wind up merchant

Listen to Dazmarz....

not rock bottom but we need to make a few better signings...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

FÚCK OFF YOSSI!!!

I actually love your posts. Keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

FÚCK OFF YOSSI!!!

Jaysus, the monkey strikes again.

We are been linked to torres, I have mixed views on this but I would probably prefer aguro tbh.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Jaysus, the monkey strikes again.

We are been linked to torres, I have mixed views on this but I would probably prefer aguro tbh.

I don't think ye will fork out the money needed to get Torres.

Shevchenko aside, when has Abramovich paid 30 million or over for a player?

I think ye need to start getting realistic in here lads tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

flahavaj wrote: »
    I don't think ye will fork out the money needed to get Torres.

Shevchenko aside, when has Abramovich paid 30 million or over for a player?

I think ye need to start getting realistic in here lads tbh.

realistic:confused::confused::eek:, its the papers that have been linking us with him not us, we dont choose who we are linked with. Its not chelseas fault that torres wants to leave.

Anyways he will probably go to city for 300,000 a week or something grotesque like that, not too bothered personally.:P

MUSEIST wrote: »
    realistic:confused::confused::eek:, its the papers that have been linking us with him not us, we dont choose who we are linked with. Its not chelseas fault that torres wants to leave.

Anyways he will probably go to city for 300,000 a week or something grotesque like that, not too bothered personally.:P

I've seen people speculating about Schweinsteiger, Aguero and Torres in here. Granted its in the papers but ye should have the cop on to look at Chelsea's transfer history over the past 5-6 years and see that ye typically don't splash out on huge transfer fees. Maybe Roman got his fingers burned with Sheva, but it doesn't happen anymore.

Ye'll sign Mereiles, Benayoun and a utility defensive player maybe but that'll be the limit of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Well Torres having a shiit WC, so we could get him, Aguero and/or Schweinsteigereinhausen would be class .. but as said Chelsea's days of signing big are over ... pity cos this way the club won't be able to compete with Citeh in the next few years..

Well Torres having a shiit WC, so we could get him, Aguero and/or Schweinsteigereinhausen would be class .. but as said Chelsea's days of signing big are over ... pity cos this way the club won't be able to compete with Citeh in the next few years..

If Citeh are the only club we have to contend with, that's grand... Have Man United, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool et al suddenly vanished???

The above clubs have never really had the flash spending power that we and now City were fortunate enough to have. The one difference is, we turned our spending into success, City haven't. I've no doubt they will in time, but will their backers have the patience for it?

I reckon we will get at least 2 more signings, at least 1 of which will be our 'big/marquee' signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

we seem to be linked in this Neymar deal that West Ham are doing, first season on loan with them and then joins us, sounds like a great deal for all involved really!!

this is the right type of player I want us linked with!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6246182,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Most papers are leading today with the Torres story. Seems to have some legs, Roman apparently flying to SA to meet representitives. Dunno how I feel about this, 26 year old off form and injury prone. Opening bid was reportedly 35 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I have no fear of City, as long as they have Mancini in charge they wont win the league, they have a squad of about 2,387 as we speak and no doubt they will add tothat before the season starts, more worried about Arsenal and Utd, as usual.

Spurs might spring a surprise or two but they wont challenge all the way.

Liverpool are gone, simple as, they will be a top 6 team unless they strike oil under Anfield or sell to a mega rich investor they wont be a challenger, they still have the bones of a good squad but they have enough quality.

So it will be down to the usual top 3, ourselves,Utd and Arsenal.

So far Arsenal and Utd have added to there strike force, IMO they had to, Arsenal last year missed RVP and Bendtner didnt cut it. Utd had Rooney on fire for about 7 months but no one else in their team got near to his tally so Uts and Arsenal had to add to the forward line.

We need midfielders more then strikers, so as far as Torres is concerened, liverpool can keep him or flog him to City or Barca or Inter, I dont want him anyway. Aguero would be a good signing for the future no doubt.

Schweinstieger will cost to much, especially after his WC, Meireles is ok, effective, a cheaper Mascherano.

At the moment, and as Ive said before, during a WC very little business gets done, lets wait until after the WC before we say our season has hit rock bottom, we could still sign Kaka, C.Ronaldo,Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Buffon, Robhino, chances are sklim to none :pac: but until a player actually signs, the speculation is going be there with a big club like ourselves and being linked with player X Y and Z.

Although I hear Z is very good :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

DazMarz wrote: »
    If Citeh are the only club we have to contend with, that's grand... Have Man United, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool et al suddenly vanished???

The above clubs have never really had the flash spending power that we and now City were fortunate enough to have. The one difference is, we turned our spending into success, City haven't. I've no doubt they will in time, but will their backers have the patience for it?

I reckon we will get at least 2 more signings, at least 1 of which will be our 'big/marquee' signing.

It seems that Man U , Liverpool are really tight for money at the moment ,
    Arsenal never really spent crazy money and Spurs just are not a big enough team at the moment although if harry is to stay with them , I could see that changing over the next few seasons.

They have the potential and backing to become a top 4/5 team.

I think we will see a hell of a lot of movement in the transfer market after the world cup has ended !

I think the club needs to be on the look out for a really solid center back , hopefully the world cup was just a blip for JT but he does not look as solid a player after the whole bridge scandal and it would be good to have a solid reserve to cover him .

Lukker- wrote: »
    Most papers are leading today with the Torres story. Seems to have some legs, Roman apparently flying to SA to meet representitives. Dunno how I feel about this, 26 year old off form and injury prone. Opening bid was reportedly 35 million.

We should throw them a curve ball, 25 million and Yossi :D

If Torres does go anywhere, I expect it to be all in cash as Liverpool really need it if they want to add to the squad. Maybe they will off Reina and Mascherano to. If they sell the 3 of those palyers that should easily raise 60 million for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd take Torres any day.
    A fit Torres is virtually unstoppable and with Essien back to full fitness I could see a team with these two on form win us the CL next season.

bullpost wrote: »
    I'd take Torres any day.
    A fit Torres is virtually unstoppable and with Essien back to full fitness I could see a team with these two on form win us the CL next season.

the problem with taking a fit Torres is our system doesnt suit him, he needs to play through the middle and that would mean either dropping Drogba (LOL) or playing two up top.

We tried to up top and it didnt suit us so Anelka got shoved wide left/right. Torres wouldnt be as effective from wide and I dont think changing our whole sytem to accomodate one player is worth it, we tried and went back to 4-3-3.

Cant wait for Essien to be fit but Torres isnt really bothering me, would have rathered if we got Silva or Villa, both can play in the wide areas if required. Even Aguero out their would be more effective IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

IMO I would love to see Aguero mainly because he is an unreal talent, Also the fact if we bought him he would be a Chelsea Player, I wouldn’t like the way torres would always be a “Former Liverpool player” if I’m making any sense. Saying that obviously I would love if Torres came but I reckon Sergio would be the best pick from 2 of them & would fit nicely in the 4-3-3 ( hoping Carlo doesn’t revert back to his Diamond).

I could see Aguero assisting more than scoring, from what I have see he has a great workrate, with him feeding Drogba the bullets it would be great!! He’s also not too shabby at scoring goals:D:D

Also Can't wait to see Essien:):)

IMO I would love to see Aguero mainly because he is an unreal talent, Also the fact if we bought him he would be a Chelsea Player, I wouldn’t like the way torres would always be a “Former Liverpool player” if I’m making any sense. Saying that obviously I would love if Torres came but I reckon Sergio would be the best pick from 2 of them & would fit nicely in the 4-3-3 ( hoping Carlo doesn’t revert back to his Diamond).

I could see Aguero assisting more than scoring, from what I have see he has a great workrate, with him feeding Drogba the bullets it would be great!! He’s also not too shabby at scoring goals:D:D

Also Can't wait to see Essien:):)

The thing with aguero he is used to playing second striker, he palyed most of his career at A.Madrid behind either Torres or Forlan at certain stages. He is a great young talent and I know Carlo could get him in the 20 goals a season striker we need, as well as Drogba of course, I though Anelka would get there this year but he fell to the way side for a few months.

Of course we have Lamps to chip in with 20 goals but a second striker doing it would cpmplete us I reckon.

I believe Aguero would be better suited to us, he has a goal scoring ability but hes also a creative player that can assist the team, more so then Torres IMO.

+1 on Essien, cant wait to see if he makes his usual Essien type come back, a screamer of a goal from about 35 yards :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Seems we are in "pole" position to sign Khedira according to the papers today. 1 year remaining on his contract at Stuttgart and they are willing to listen to offers of 12m. Only 23 and has looked very good in a fantastic German midfield. Seems to be in our price range too....;)

Seems we are in "pole" position to sign Khedira according to the papers today. 1 year remaining on his contract at Stuttgart and they are willing to listen to offers of 12m. Only 23 and has looked very good in a fantastic German midfield. Seems to be in our price range too....;)

Would be a good singing IMO. Cheap enough to for such a young, promising player.

On a completely seperate topic, anybody no anywhere online you can get the official jersey, As in the ones the players use?

Ive seen a few sites selling the Official WC Adidas Jersey for a few teams, hoping to pick up one of the Official Chelsea jersey for this year.

gavredking wrote: »
    Would be a good singing IMO. Cheap enough to for such a young, promising player.

On a completely seperate topic, anybody no anywhere online you can get the official jersey, As in the ones the players use?

Ive seen a few sites selling the Official WC Adidas Jersey for a few teams, hoping to pick up one of the Official Chelsea jersey for this year.

Saw it somewhere a while back was like 100 sterling.

article-1292412-0A56AA5B000005DC-812_468x324.jpg

LOL :D

• Advertisement

Saw it somewhere a while back was like 100 sterling.

Might have to have a browse around the net so for that :pac:

Cheers.

Seems like Barcelona are in trouble, here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055961436

Im sure we could get together 30 million and throw in an offer for Iniesta :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

article-1292412-0A56AA5B000005DC-812_468x324.jpg

LOL :D

Haha. :o

I am in work so cant check most of the good football sites, but apparently there is rumours of Ashley Cole to Real Madrid and Torres coming to us.

Not sure if id like thta, Id rather keep Cole and not sign Torres TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Could see Cole going to Madrid alright but don't think Torres will come in. I reckon he'll move away from England after Liverpool (Even though I'd love to see him come in).
    I am in work so cant check most of the good football sites, but apparently there is rumours of Ashley Cole to Real Madrid and Torres coming to us.

Not sure if id like thta, Id rather keep Cole and not sign Torres TBH.

bullpost wrote: »
    Could see Cole going to Madrid alright but don't think Torres will come in. I reckon he'll move away from England after Liverpool (Even though I'd love to see him come in).

Id hate to lose Ashley though, I hope if he does go that its for BIG money and we can splash the cash then. IMO Real Madrid are very weak at left back, Marcelo and Arbeloa arent great so I can imagine Jose would want to improve that position.

Ive said before I would rather Aguero then Torres and I still stand by that, I think Torres is very good but im unsure Liverpool will want to sell to us, torres wont go to R.Madird, Bacra have no money it seems to spend, City arent in the CL and they will never sell him to Utd. Apart from him going to Inter I dont know what his options are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

We have to face that Ashley is going, but hope for something great in return.

We have to face that Ashley is going, but hope for something great in return.

He's still under contract and until I hear something solid like a transfer request I'll just ignore the press ****stirring around the 'most hated man' in England. We've just signed Tomas Kalas for around 5m from Czech side Sigma Olomouc. Really promosing defender, he's going back straight away on loan so hopefully he continues to develop into a world class player.

Also whispers in the press that we are close on Torres.

He's still under contract and until I hear something solid like a transfer request I'll just ignore the press ****stirring around the 'most hated man' in England. We've just signed Tomas Kalas for around 5m from Czech side Sigma Olomouc. Really promosing defender, he's going back straight away on loan so hopefully he continues to develop into a world class player.

Also whispers in the press that we are close on Torres.

Thats what I hear, but do we really need Torres?

WEve seen how he has struggled with Spain in this WC and he has always struggled with them unless he his the main striker. If we get Torres one can assume we will push him wide left/right or we can switch to Drogba and Torres up front.

Id have my reservations as to if they could work together, it wouldnt be a bad option though :pac:

Thats what I hear, but do we really need Torres?

WEve seen how he has struggled with Spain in this WC and he has always struggled with them unless he his the main striker. If we get Torres one can assume we will push him wide left/right or we can switch to Drogba and Torres up front.

Id have my reservations as to if they could work together, it wouldnt be a bad option though :pac:

Put it this way, I wouldn't complain if we got him..

It would be ridiculous to sign him. Money it would take would be huge, both in terms of a transfer fee and wages. If we are going to spend that much on one player it has to be Aguero. I wouldn't be too confident on that happening either. Maybe we should have a look at Lukalu and loan him back ala Kalac before his price skyrockets. Apparently Drogba has been on the phone to him.....

It would be ridiculous to sign him. Money it would take would be huge, both in terms of a transfer fee and wages. If we are going to spend that much on one player it has to be Aguero. I wouldn't be too confident on that happening either. Maybe we should have a look at Lukalu and loan him back ala Kalac before his price skyrockets. Apparently Drogba has been on the phone to him.....

Yup, would cpst about 30-35 million and about 110K - 130k a week.

The thing is Aguero would command a similar wage and transfer fee, but Aguero would suit our current system better IMO.

Maybe Drogba can persuade him alright, would be a nice deal too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Rumours that Mancienne is going to leave for 4million to Wolves. Hmm not sure what I think about that can't see him getting much game time with us though in the coming season.

Anyone heading over to the first game of the season? Think I'll head over and to Wigan away game aswell.

Johner wrote: »
    Rumours that Mancienne is going to leave for 4million to Wolves. Hmm not sure what I think about that can't see him getting much game time with us though in the coming season.

Anyone heading over to the first game of the season? Think I'll head over and to Wigan away game aswell.

Looking at the Blackpool game myself.

Johner wrote: »

I really wish we could have seen him getting more game time with the 1st team cuz for the life of me I dont know if he's up to the Chelsea starter level or not, he's been loaned out an awful lot rather than giving him a chance with us, but then Terry started the same way too... hard to tell!!

Id be very happy with him in the squad as our 4th CB,but with Bruma there too maybe they favour him?

Anyone have a clue whats happening with Scott Sinclair? Hes been in an around the 1st team squad for years now and dosent seem to be making the breakthrough, had some bad luck with injurys when he got into the team in the past also!!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    I really wish we could have seen him getting more game time with the 1st team cuz for the life of me I dont know if he's up to the Chelsea starter level or not, he's been loaned out an awful lot rather than giving him a chance with us, but then Terry started the same way too... hard to tell!!

Id be very happy with him in the squad as our 4th CB,but with Bruma there too maybe they favour him?

Anyone have a clue whats happening with Scott Sinclair? Hes been in an around the 1st team squad for years now and dosent seem to be making the breakthrough, had some bad luck with injurys when he got into the team in the past also!!

Mancienne looks the part anyway, got som ]e experience to at Wolves, I would like to see him get a chance but I doubt it will happen, would be good cover at right back to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I'd just love to see Muller in a Chelsea jersey. He would more than equate for the loss of Ballack.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I'd just love to see Muller in a Chelsea jersey. He would more than equate for the loss of Ballack.

Yup, he would be a good signing, dont see himleaving Bayern though. Not at this early stage in his career, he nearly won a treble in his debut season in the Bayern 1st team and was an integral part of their success.

But if we could Id love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Man City looking to buy the promising Chelsea striker...Drogba! Really cant see Drogba's head getting turned towards the city, he has way too much influence at Chelsea.

papagormo wrote: »
    Man City looking to buy the promising Chelsea striker...Drogba! Really cant see Drogba's head getting turned towards the city, he has way too much influence at Chelsea.

I smell BS anyway :pac: If Drogba goes to City I will eat a rather large hat. You heard it hear first.

also, just clicked the link and read, 20million?? Are they serious, add another 10 or 15 on to that and there getting about close to what he is worth to us, he wont leave and he will finish up with us I expect.

papagormo wrote: »

Well in fairness this is the sun were talking about!!

However they do have us linked with the Dutch rightback Gregory van der Wiel, cant say I kept track of him, was he any good??

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3047099/Chelsea-in-battle-with-Bayern-Munich-over-Gregory-van-der-Wiel.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

van der Wiel looks really promising and he has had a good world cup.I hear he is most likely off to bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I smell BS anyway :pac: If Drogba goes to City I will eat a rather large hat. You heard it hear first.

also, just clicked the link and read, 20million?? Are they serious, add another 10 or 15 on to that and there getting about close to what he is worth to us, he wont leave and he will finish up with us I expect.

20m for the best striker in the PL , Yeah rite , that story is made up. Weren't they prepared to pay 35m or something for JT last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Carvalho arrived in Milan on Friday night amid confusion as to whether he was in talks with both Serie A clubs, but it is understood he is likely to join European champions Inter. Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti blocked Carvalho’s departure to Inter last summer, partly because they did not offer a fee for the 32 year-old.

Chelsea have long admired Alves, however, who declared two days ago he wanted to leave Porto. Alves, 28, has two years left on his contract and Porto had hoped to secure a fee of £15 million for him, but such is his desire to leave that they may now have to settle for less.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/chelsea/7882754/Ricardo-Carvalho-set-to-sign-for-Inter-Milan-as-Chelsea-move-for-Bruno-Alves.html

i know Carvalho is one of the best defenders in the League on his day, but I like this move from Chelsea's point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

if Ricky were to leave, (hope he doesnt, has a good season in him yet i think) take the money and leave Alves where is he i say. we have Alex and some promising youth coming through, dont need Alves.

• Advertisement

We have plenty of brilliant defenders at our club; nice combo of experience (Terry, Alex, Ivanovic, Ashley, Yury et al) and youth (Bruma, Hutchinson, Van Aanholt et al) and I don't think we need Alves, tbh. But we should definitely look at holding on to Riccy, as I do reckon he has more in the tank than people give him credit for. One of the best defenders going on his day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement