Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    Big test tomorrow now without Drogba. Big chance for Kakuta.

Drogba is a huge loss, a big plus is that he has trusted Kakuta to play, also very positive that Bosingwa could return for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Yes, Drogba is a huge loss from any team... but I've noticed over the past while, in several matches where he has been unavailable, Anelka has stepped boldly up to the plate and the team has coped, and we've emerged victorious in the end. So as mad as I am that he has the fúcking sniffles... I'm not all that upset. We've a strong squad and plenty of players who can step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Can't wait to get a good look at Kakuta today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

anyone know what the bast way for me to get tickets to a game is?
    I would consider any game in london, or a good away game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

anyone know what the bast way for me to get tickets to a game is?
    I would consider any game in london, or a good away game?

Sign up for a membership on the site. It's £25 for the year and you will easily get tickets for most game home or away unless its United,Liverpool,Arsenal,Spurs,West Ham. Tickets go on sale at 7am so as long as you are up then you should get tickets for any game apart from the few I mentioned as they are done on loyalty points although I actually don't think Spurs and West Ham were done on loyalty points last season so you would have a chance of getting them.

Blackburn away is still available and I can't see it selling out. They give away teams around 5,000 tickets. Away games are brilliant, just love the buzz of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

try the Viagogo website aswell, you might get lucky with the tickets.
    Wouln't mind hitting the Blackburn game, dam studentism

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Woohoo!! now come on Chelsea !!!

Good stuff by West Brom.

Come on Chelsea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Some impressive stuff from Di Matteo this season..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Some DELICIOUS touches from McEachran today. Class act. Is leaving Kakuta in the shade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Woohoo!! now come on Chelsea !!!

Ha ha, sorry, but that's what you get for relishing in Uniteds misfortunes.;)

Glazers Out!

well thats very depressing, I know a 1-1 away at villa isn't awful, but it would be sweet to have clinched the 3 points, man city are looming close behind us now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

well thats very depressing, I know a 1-1 away at villa isn't awful, but it would be sweet to have clinched the 3 points, man city are looming close behind us now.

I like your style. When a game is that crap, just imagine 2 goals. Think I'll use that next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Archimedes wrote: »
    I like your style. When a game is that crap, just imagine 2 goals. Think I'll use that next time!

zzzzzzzzzzzing

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »

Not so much misfortunes as their inability to hold onto a lead and close a game out ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Ramieres was a disgrace again. He really is rubbish. Can't wait for lamps to get back so he's back on

Ramieres was a disgrace again. He really is rubbish. Can't wait for lamps to get back so he's back on

How was he a disgrace?

nullzero wrote: »

Thats what he gets? A scoreless draw away at Villa? Nothing wrong with that result considering the lack of Lampard and Drogba. A lot of decent teams will come away with less.

However, an almost full strength United team playing West Brom at home with a 2 goal headstart* and still only managing a draw? :pac: Well thats just loltastic

*you know what I mean

• Advertisement

I can think think of at least half the team who were worse than him.

Archimedes wrote: »

oops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Poor game. I thought 0-0 was probably fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Lukker- wrote: »
    I can think think of at least half the team who were worse than him.

I actually feel like I'm going crazy. The fella just canny pass or keep possession of the ball. I hope he gets better cos we spent a lot of money on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

I actually feel like I'm going crazy. The fella just canny pass or keep possession of the ball. I hope he gets better cos we spent a lot of money on him

Have to agree hasnt been the player he was built up to be gives the ball away so much its unreal his passing is dire.

ah hang on now, it is very very early days for anyone to adjust to life in the premier league let alone a skinny brazillian fuck like Ramires

he deserves some time, and in my opinion will come good, he has already shown a lot of nice moves especially against arsenal

• Advertisement

Ramires was no where near a disgrace today. Ye can already see how Carlo is working with him. Closing down the opposition a lot quicker. He was also playing in an unfamiliar position for him today. Played much deeper and often out on the left. Don't recall him hitting poor passes today, in fact I distinctly remember him hitting a number of very good balls. In particular a great cross into the box between defenders and goalkeeper, but unfortunately no one pushed on into the box to take a chance on it.

Actually our main problem today was no one staying up front, Anelka continually dropped deep to collect the ball, all well and good when Drogba is up there to play it to. I counted 5 occasions in the second half today when Zhirkov was the furthest player forward for us, not exactly ideal.

All in all a point away to Villa is not exactly a bad result. Just didn't have the luck today, with Ivanovics' header and Anelkas chance at the end.

We have only won once in VIlla park in the last 11 visits before today and we pretty much limited them to 2 clear cut chances, Ireland and Collins against the post. That in my view is a great defensive performance. Mikel, Essien and Ramires completely bossed midfield.

And it's great to see Bos back.

Yeah it's like another new signing. Was very worried about A.Youngs pace vs Ferreira but Paulo put in a solid shift, don't think Young had the beating of him once throughout the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Happy enough to take a point away from villa park, always feel that Chelsea struggle there for whatever reason.

Great to see Boswinga back in action really gives us that threat down the right hand side more so then ivanovic and paulo.

Still not convinced by Raimers tbh but then again he is filling in for lampard, so exceptionally big shoes to fill and all that. Think it might take him the majority of the season to really get to grips with the league and become integral.

Kakuta was poor enough as all. Tough place to go and play well on your full debut i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jesus lads ye have less reason to complain thn just aboutany other club in England yet ye still find the time to moan about Ramires who's not 2 months in the country yet, He's gonna be savage in a few years time, no question.

Spoilt rotten so ye are tbh.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Jesus lads ye have less reason to complain thn just aboutany other club in England yet ye still find the time to moan about Ramires who's not 2 months in the country yet, He's gonna be savage in a few years time, no question.

Spoilt rotten so ye are tbh.

Vast majority of us have not been criticizing Ramires at all, on the contrary in fact.

• Advertisement

Vast majority of us have not been criticizing Ramires at all, on the contrary in fact.

This.

For me, the majority of his problems so far stem from him not being physically strong enough and/or slightly lax on the ball, once he adjusts to the pace and physicality of the league I reckon he'll be an excellent player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Positive is that 17 year old lad seems to be really good (MacCoghran??)

but Chelsea have failed their 2 proper tests this season, not looking good,
    City would have to be favourites now...

the_monkey wrote: »

Surely you are taking the piss with that statement. Seriously "MacCoghran"! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

wtf???

Surely you are taking the piss with that statement. Seriously "MacCoghran"! :rolleyes:

whatever , was watching it on dodgy Namibian TV ,,, couldn-t hear
    the commentators...

MUSEIST wrote: »
    wtf???

OK tag this, when City win the title next may, we-ll see who was right...

I am a fan of ramires, remember malouda, it took him 2 years to come good and hes class now.

Yes ramires gives away the ball a bit and he is still adjusting physically but compare him to ballack last season (ballack could not run ffs) so at least he is more athletic and works harder in midfield. He has been inconsistent so far but give the boy time. He was excellent against arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I just call him Josh because I can't seem to get a handle on the actual pronouncation of his second name!:) But yes, very decent prospect emerging there.
    Had head in hands when I heard Paulo was playing, thought theres the weakest link, but he defied my thoughts and didn't play too badly. Great to see Boswinga back, can't wait to see him unleashed for a full 90mins. What was Anelka at though sometimes, he was basically a midfielder. Would have loved it if Ivanovic's attempt went in, had to laugh at Reo Choker's attempt at the finish, 95 games...1 goal..jeebus!
    We were pretty much all over them in the second half especially, we just couldn't put the finishing touch and get a goal. Still take the point and hope the injuries don't continue to mount.

OK tag this, when City win the title next may, we-ll see who was right...

city may win, i dunno.

But your doom and gloom is doing my head in. Was beating arsenal not a test.
    Compare to last season:
    last season aston v 2-1 chelsea
    wigan 3-1 chelsea
    west ham 0-0 chelsea

this season
    aston v 0-0 chelsea
    wigan 0-6 chelsea
    west ham 1-3 chelsea

thats 6 more points than those fixtures last season ( and we won last yr remember)

why so negative, its all good:cool:

I think alex and kalou are back in training this week, so good news there and drogs should be okay for next weekend. Worried about this pitch on tuesday, we dont need any more injuries

• Advertisement

Arsenal not a proper test?

We have done far better than last year against every team so far.

City V Arsenal next week will reveal a lot.

Edit: I see all my points have been made before I got in there

City will be up there, wouldn't surpise me if they finished 3rd but they are still a good bit of from challenging for the title. You can be sure United will come out of this "slump" sooner rather than later and Arsenal have a good few injuries so they'll still be a threat. Bottom line is we are top, we've improved on some banana skins from last season so there is nothing to suggest we aren't on course to do better this season.

Ramires played well, jaysus give the lad a break he has already shown glimpses of quality in the short time he has been here, I am very confident he can be a very important player for us.

Lukker- wrote: »
    City will be up there, wouldn't surpise me if they finished 3rd but they are still a good bit of from challenging for the title. You can be sure United will come out of this "slump" sooner rather than later and Arsenal have a good few injuries so they'll still be a threat. Bottom line is we are top, we've improved on some banana skins from last season so there is nothing to suggest we aren't on course to do better this season.

Yeah I still see United as the main challengers to be honest, they will come good soon, then Arsenal and City will definitely be up there as well imo.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    city may win, i dunno.

But your doom and gloom is doing my head in. Was beating arsenal not a test.
    Compare to last season:
    last season aston v 2-1 chelsea
    wigan 3-1 chelsea
    west ham 0-0 chelsea

this season
    aston v 0-0 chelsea
    wigan 0-6 chelsea
    west ham 1-3 chelsea

thats 6 more points than those fixtures last season ( and we won last yr remember)

why so negative, its all good:cool:

Very good point, but remember last season we took max points of liverpool, united and arsenal, I can't see us doing that again,
    but I guess we could also say we were very unlucky not to score in
    the 2nd half against villa, Blackburn away will be another tough one.

Very good point, but remember last season we took max points of liverpool, united and arsenal, I can't see us doing that again,
    but I guess we could also say we were very unlucky not to score in
    the 2nd half against villa, Blackburn away will be another tough one.

Weve already beat Arsenal this year, and well, we havent played United but there not playing as well as they did last year, that said they will still be tough, its Man Utd, and there managed by SAF, Liverpool, dont know where to start with that, decent squad but when it comes down to it we should beat them. From these 6 games, Id expect us to take 15 points, at least, we already have taken 3 from Arsenal.

Also, Blackburn wont be too tough of a game, we will be stronger then we were against Villa and truth be told we were unlucky not to beat Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I hope Kakuta's head hasn't been turned by Bayern, that would expalin his indifferent performances. :(

smuckers wrote: »
    I hope Kakuta's head hasn't been turned by Bayern, that would expalin his indifferent performances. :(

Id doubt it, or Id hope not anyway in the least.

I think Carlo and the coaching staff has been very good to Kakuta in the last year and have allowed him game time when they could and he has been given more 1st team opportunities this year, hope he stays for years to come.

What's the view like from the east/west lower tiers? Will probably be heading to London with the g/f the weekend of the Sunderland match and will go if I can get decent tickets. It'll be hard enough maintain her interest for 2 hours in any case so the least I could do is make sure we get a good view :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

I dont think this game is priority .... can see us putting out seriously understrength team, all the travel, plastic pitch, comfortable in group, Man City closing in. Bet this wont be far off.

Cech
    Ferrera Ivanovich Bruma Van Aanholt
    Ramieres
    McEachran Zhirkov
    Kakuta

Borini Kalou

Any major objections?!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement